These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Slot 4; Eunwon & Kitzu [Roraldi Forest]

Postby Eunwon » 04/19/2012 4:48 PM

Naomi looked around her surroundings, carefully observing any unique features so that she could find her way out. A small hotspring to the left, and right ahead is a beautiful tree with interestingly colored fruit hanging from it. This was her first time in the Roraldi, and though she had absolutely no clue to where she was, Naomi wasn't the least bit scared. After all, how could someone be scared while on an egg hunt? Besides, someone would surely come across her and lead her back out when it was time to leave. Or maybe even before she was done, because then she could have help gathering all of her eggs...
(( Apologies for the crappy, short, and late post. I had a huge essay due today so I was working on it all last night. x3 ))

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright
so take a breath and count to ten
and maybe you can dream again

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 563
Donate

Re: Slot 4; Eunwon & Kitzu [Roraldi Forest]

Postby crow » 04/19/2012 7:18 PM

Sivain, like Rhodes before him, thought the whole thing was astronomically stupid. Sent on a hunt for eggs like an errand-boy, where the cat had been a secretary, that in itself was bad enough. But for Sivain to now be ordered to go was preposterous, even wasteful; he who had been... Well, then again, he was no longer what he had been, but all the same, he had power beyond being useful merely for the hunting of eggs, surely. It was in this unhappy, disgruntled mood that he made his way beyond the outskirts of the Estate to a different area of the forest. At least he hadn't far to walk, for the area designated had been Roraldi this time, but the longer distance might have helped just then. He had a habit of stalking off his troubles.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 04/19/2012 8:35 PM

Naomi scanned through the many leaves and branches of the forest, looking for any bright and unnatural colors that could represent eggs. "Hmm..." She hummed quietly to herself before catching sight of a light pink color high up in a nearby tree. Squinting, she could make out two eggs. They had to be part of the hunt! Now, she just needed to reach them. The tree, thankfully, had a lot of sturdy branches low to the ground. Steadily, Naomi climbed onto one and then another, doing well until she reached the branch that the eggs were located on. The person who hid these eggs must have been pretty light, as the branch would have easily snapped under the weight of the average person. Naomi carefully wrapped her arms around the limb and slowly made her way towards the eggs. Reaching her arm out as far as she could, her fingers gently slid around the two eggs, and she held them tightly.

"Oof!" Before Naomi knew what happened, she was on the ground and her head was aching - and she realized that the branch must have gave way underneath her weight. The two pink eggs were unharmed from the fall and safe in Naomi's hand. Hearing a light crunching noise, Naomi sat up, careful not to make any quick movements that could spike a more severe head pain. The noise must be coming from footsteps, it had an even pattern and she couldn't think of anything else that would make that noise. "Hello? Is anyone there?" She called out, hoping for a friendly smile rather than the man-eating Bruma that she had been warned about.

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 04/19/2012 8:53 PM

Ah, there it was... He could hear the sound of movement through the trees, and moments later he could see the form of another in a tree, of all places. How strange... Suddenly, the stranger toppled from her perch after grasping for something, falling to the ground with a slightly sickening thud. He winced despite himself, and wondered whether it would be better to go...

Though Sivain knew he was supposed to meet someone here (with Kitzu extolling the virtues of him going out and 'making some friends like a real boy'), he couldn't help but damn himself with regret as he realized his stalking footsteps had given him away. Sighing, he assumed human form to make himself presentable, unsure as of yet as to what to expect from his companion. Stepping forward, he eyed the other dubiously, having seen her fall from the tree moments earlier and not being terribly kind in his estimation of the stranger. "May I help you up, miss...?" It would be just like Kitzu to forget to give him a name, too. "Pray, what were you doing up there?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 04/19/2012 9:09 PM

"Oh, hello! I think I'll manage to get up," Naomi said cheerfully, while quickly trying to pull any unwanted leaves  from her white, long, and wavy hair. She stood up and brushed any remaining debris from her creamy-colored spring dress. A pounding in her head caused her to throw her hand back and rub her head gently, "Sorry about that. I think I hit my head from the fall."

She was embarrassed to a degree, not to many people would go climbing trees to collect eggs. "Er, I was, well," Naomi giggled sheepishly before continuing, "On an egg hunt? I got mixed up in this event and I need to find and collect eggs around here. I managed to grab the two that I saw on the tree before I fell." Naomi spread open her hand to show the stranger the two pink eggs she had collected.  She flashed him a smile before continuing, "What's your name, by the way? It was so kind to offer your help. I'm Naomi."

(( Just realized that leaves don't crunch in the spring. xDD. I'm smartttt. ))

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 04/19/2012 9:24 PM

((XD Nice. Well, maybe they were last year's leftover leaves))

What Sivain had initially thought to be a cape of some sort turned out to be the hair of this particular individual. White was, to his knowledge, not a common hair color. Fortunately he had not revealed his mistake, or else it would have been quite a hassle to apologize for such a social misstep. Still, from the way she spoke, he supposed she might have shrugged it off. She was utterly lacking in formality as far as he could see, though he didn't know whether that was a good or bad thing. "Are you alright, Miss Naomi?" he said, partially out of obligation and partially to ascertain whether he would be spending his day with a loon.

When she told him about the eggs, he tried his utmost to look impressed, Kitzu's comment about him being a 'real boy' having stung more than he cared to admit. "How brave," he said politely. "They are lucky to have you to search for their... lost belongings." What else could he call the brightly-painted things he was himself being sent to find? "I am Sivain," he offered after only a moment's hesitation. "I believe I was told to meet you here to offer my assistance with your... search."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 04/19/2012 10:09 PM

Though the young man had come of looking someone serious and stern for Naomi's liking, she had to admire is kind manners. "Oh, I'm quite alright. My head just aches a bit, that's all."

"Brave?" Naomi giggled, "No, not brave. Just bored, bored and looking for something to do! Besides, you can't be brave about something that's not scary. Egg hunts aren't scary in the slightest." The fact that Naomi must have come-off completely childish to this man didn't really bother her, but this whole day nothing had bothered her, so that wasn't too much of a surprise. "Well Sivain, how kind of them to send you to help me! More the merrier, I always say." She gave him a toothy smile, "Anywhere you wanted to start looking? We should try to find as many as we can!"

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 04/19/2012 10:21 PM

Overall, Sivain had to conclude that Naomi was not crazy as he had initially feared. It was a relief, for he was forever meeting those who were less than sane in these parts, and it had begun to make him very uneasy. "I beg to differ," he said in reply to her statement of the lack of fright an egg hunt offered. "One might have found a frightening partner to search with, or an egg might hatch. I don't believe I've been informed as to what, exactly, are inside these eggs." His face was completely serious, but he had meant the comment in a joking manner. It was just that he was not inclined to smile much, unless given a good reason, and some part of him wished to know how Naomi would react. Contrary to what certain people thought, he wasn't really anti-social... He simply wanted to keep a proper distance.

While what he wanted to say was still that he wished to go home, he wasn't exactly welcome there at the moment, and besides that, it would have been rude. "This way, perhaps? There is a clearing there, I think, and then there will be less risk of either of us needing to scale a tree." He did give her a small, wry smile of his own after all, indicating a direction.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 04/20/2012 4:23 PM

"Well, if you look at it that way, egg hunting could be scary. But why look at it like that?!" But he had brought up an interesting point, what was inside these eggs? Examining the eggs carefully in her hand, they definitely seemed to be made of the same shell as any other average egg. And it was somewhat warm to touch. Could there actually be a life inside? Or was it just the warm spring sun that had heated the eggs up while they were high in tree? Whatever the case, Naomi didn't seem to catch on to Sivain's joke. "I have no idea. But how neat would that be if they were actually alive?!"

She hadn't seen the man smile yet, but when it did, it definitely lit up his whole face. Naomi had no choice but to smile back why she spoke, "The clearing sounds great, because I definitely won't be climbing more trees anytime soon." As Naomi started to head the direction of the clearing she added, "Oh, and you should smile more often. It really lights up your face!"

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 04/20/2012 7:49 PM

Sivain hadn't meant to wince when she brought up the idea of there being life in the eggs, but he did. It wasn't a good sign; he was supposed to be more careful, more in control. Hopefully Naomi hadn't noticed... He wasn't sure why, but the idea that such small, trivial things might carry some sort of life, that those lives might be dashed to pieces at their slightest whim or mistake, made him uneasy. Perhaps it reminded him of what he had once been. The imaginary guilt was, if he thought about it, quite like, in fact. He did not choose to think about it.

"Th-thank you..." He was wholly unprepared for her comment about his smile, and his reply reflected his uncertainty. Lighting up his face...? No, that was not at all a thing to be cultivated. He needed to be intimidating, or at the least aloof. When, in his past, he hadn't thought to be that way, things always became worse somehow. Now it was too late, and he was tired. But he did follow Naomi, keeping an eye out for eggs, though his heart wasn't in it. Especially not if they were all hidden in such inconvenient places as at the top of a tree.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 04/22/2012 12:58 AM

"Oh, you're welcome!" She replied, but she noticed that he seemed a little uncomfortable with the statement she had made. Hopefully he would loosen up after a while, but if not Naomi would just have to change her outgoing ways for the day.

Naomi walked along cheerfully towards the clearing, which was now in sight. The birds were chirping and the wind was gently rustling the tree's leaves - the sounds perfectly fitted the 'Easter' theme. Not wanting to break the silence, but also getting bored with the lack of conversation, Naomi decided to dig a little deeper into Sivain's personal life. She couldn't get to know him and become his friend if she didn't know anything about him! "So Sivain, tell me a little bit about yourself. Where are you from? Anything interesting in life going on right now?"

(( Tons of schoolwork and family drama ATM. I apologize for the late reply and such. I feel really bad. :[ ))

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 04/22/2012 3:23 AM

Sivain noted the surroundings with a dismal eye, trying not to sigh or think or look for too long at anything. Especially flowers. Their merry hunt through the forest for brightly-colored baubles just had to happen in the midst of spring... It was difficult not to think of his mother, and how she might have loved such a whimsical celebration of her time. Even here, in a different realm, it felt as if every bird's song was her voice, and every new leaf her smile.

He was content to be silent for a while, thinking himself within some sort of reprieve, when Naomi spoke again. He would not have minded conversation per-say, but what he had in mind was shallow, possibly stilted. Nothing engaging or worthy of revisiting when they were both done with each other and had gone their separate ways. His past in itself was just one giant can of worms. To his credit, he didn't wince this time, only scrambled in his mind to think of the best way to water it down and make it compact. "I was born in a different realm; I do not know if there is a name for it here, in these lands. My mother sent me here to... help me expand my horizons." It glossed over a lot of things, but that was the gist of it. He hoped she wouldn't ask for details. "There is nothing particularly exciting in my life at present. Living in a secluded estate will do that." Another small, sardonic smile escaped before he could quite trap it down. "What of you? I'm sure someone such as yourself must have a myriad of stories to tell, if our meeting was any indication."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 04/22/2012 3:40 PM

The second time this week, Naomi had met a person from some other world or realm. As ridiculous as it was, Naomi had never really imagined there were any other worlds besides the one she lived in now. The whole concept was new to her, and she had a difficult time wrapping her mind around it. She would've asked more about his realm but the moment didn't seem right, and if Sivain ever wanted to say more he would. For now she would just answer the question he had asked her, "Actually, my life isn't really as interesting as I would like it to be. Which is why I'm always out and about meeting new people and trying new things, and just going with the flow." Naomi paused before continuing, wondering if she should add her strange background or not. She decided she would, though, as Sivain seemed to be okay with a little more out-of-the-ordinary things. "And though I'm not really any more interesting than most other people you'd meet, at least, I don't think I am, there is somethings that are strange about me... See, I never had a family or anything like that. I was simply created, by a man named Odovacar. He's kind of like a Dad, always looking out for me, but nothing more than that. No love or kindness, but that's fine by me. I've got my own little family where I live." She gave another little pause before continuing with some even stranger facts, "Because I was created instead of actually being born, I have been 21 my whole life. I don't think I'm getting any older either. Oh, and I can change into a Lucain. You can move a lot faster as a Lucain!" She didn't mind that she had just told Sivain the most strangest things about her, nor did it seem that these strange things didn't bother her - when they would most definitely bother the average person.

Reaching the clearing, Naomi could see that Sivain had chosen a good spot to hunt for eggs. From a glance, she could already see a variety of pastel-colored eggs were peeking out from under the long grass. "Ooh, look at all the eggs!" She exclaimed, before dashing to collect the first ones in sight, in the same manner as a little child would.

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 04/22/2012 4:55 PM

Sivain's interest sharpened immediately as she said 'created'. He still had some sort of sense of life about him, and she hadn't triggered the usual alarm bells that something truly artificial would have. He was not wholly inexperienced, for there were some refugees of an organization living on the grounds of his estate, and some of those had been 'created' rather than born. There was a great deal to be said about scientific progress (which he failed to understand no matter how many times it was explained to him), but creating life was something he had always thought to be reserved for the gods alone. Was this Odovacar such a being?

He listened carefully to her and nodded along as she spoke. The lack of attachment to one's creations was in general accordance of what he knew of gods, and the bit about turning into a Lucain was unsettling for a number of reasons. Somehow this day was turning into one giant reminder of his family. He began to wish he had not come.

"It is well that you have those that you would consider family," he said with sympathy. "I have always found such individuals to be the ones that make my life worthwhile." On a different vein, he added, "I have a different form myself, if you would believe it." He meant to give a demonstration, but something went awry at the last minute (possibly due to his absent-mindedness) and when his shape settled, it was not into his suitably imposing Paragon form, but instead the Lubshi.

crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 04/22/2012 5:20 PM

"Yes," Naomi agreed, "Family makes everything worthwhile." She watched intently as Sivain turned into his other form, happy that they found something in common. But, to Naomi's surprise, Sivain had turned into a... Lubshi? Though his coloring was different from the normal one. She couldn't help but giggle, though she tried to keep the volume down so she wouldn't offend him. He just looked so cute - not at all fitting his professional manner. "You are sooo cute!" She cooed, "I never would've guessed you'd turn out to be something as little and cute as that!" As much as Naomi wanted to, she was smart enough not to pick him up and cuddle with him.

"Here, let me change into my Lucain form." After a few seconds, Naomi was on four legs - still managing to look cheerful as a wolf.

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer