These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

S5: Toxxic and Rebel - Roraldi Forests

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/24/2012 6:34 PM

Nyxia flew over the forest, delighting in the feeling of the air flowing through her wings. She soared high into the sky, then dropped, rapidly falling to earth before she pulled herself up in time to hover in front of a treetop covered in gorgeous purple flowers. Nyxia loved flowers, and spent as much time as possible with them.

She looked down, and noticed the clearing she was hovering over housed quite a few types of flower bush she had never seen before, so she landed to have a look at them. She slipped her pack off and reached inside to get her journal. In there, in a script so old that even she didn't know where or when it was from, she recorded a description and a sample of every new flower she discovered. She settled down to write, but noticed a curious object on top of the bush, between a few flowers. Nyxia pulled it out; it was an egg!

She suddenly recalled that she had seen a yonyuu being yelled at by a cuniflare as she flew towards the forest. She had been too high up to hear properly, but the word 'eggs' had been mentioned several times; could this be one of the eggs the cuniflare had been shouting about?

She decided to keep hold of it, and placed it carefully in her pack, resolving to look for more as soon as she had recorded the flowers in her journal...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2161
Donate

Somatsu [2::9]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/24/2012 8:48 PM

So, the wind had blown him, yet again, to another part of the land of Evelon: the Roraldi Forest. The territory was new, which meant stealth and care where needed. Perfect for a raptor.

Somatsu, the War Purine Gyrraptor, made his way through the forests, taking in the wonderful sights and sounds. To him, there was no comparison with being with nature. Somatsu found no other way to be satisfying except spending his lifetime amongst the natural world in some way or another. Of course, it never stopped him from his self-proclaimed duties to protect those in need. The forest itself was filled with wondrous and beautiful plants. It was a sight to behold, and one Somatsu soaked in wonderfully. Sunlight glistening off of his armor, the raptor walked onward, becoming a bit lost in his thoughts. However, he was pulled quickly out when he caught movement from the corner of his eyes.

Stopping short, Somatsu snapped his head to the direction of the moving thing, sharp eyes detecting it. It looked to be a Paragon. There was no mistaking the size of it. It was a Paragon, no doubt. Somatsu glanced around, wondering if it was alone, but he could see no others with the creature. From the looks of her body shape, he assumed she was a female. She didn't seem quite as bulky as the males he'd seen. However, he couldn't help but wonder what exactly she was doing. He was behind her, so, therefore, could not see what she was doing in front of her. Curiosity struck him.

Never one to be impolite, Somatsu carefully approached the female, being sure to keep his posture calm and nonthreatening, not that he could truly threaten a creature of her size. Trying not to startle her, Somatsu stepped around her, giving her plenty of space should she be malicious. "Excuse me, miss," Somatsu began politely, offering a kind smile to show no threat. "Would I be prying if I were to inquire what you're doing?" Again, Somatsu made sure not to be impolite, as that went against his very nature, but curiosity was the darnedest thing.

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Re: S5: Toxxic and Rebel - Roraldi Forests

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/25/2012 12:15 AM

Nyxia looked up from her half-finished sketch in her journal, and smiled at the gyrraptor. "Hello,I'm just recording these flowers in my journal... I've never seen them before, and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss the opportunity to study them. Do you have an interest in flowers too?"

She looked at him, smiling. From his stance she could tell he was a curious - but not threatening - creature. It occurred to her that she had found an egg, so she pulled it out of her pack. "I found this as I was studying the flowers. I was planning to look for some more of them... They have been lost by a cuniflare near here, and I was planning to return them. Have you seen any about?"

She paused, and looked around her. Virtually everything looked like a perfect hiding place for eggs; it was really quite a daunting prospect. "There's so many places to search in these forests... If you are not busy, could you take the time to help me search? There are places my size will not allow me to go, you see, and I would very much like to find as many eggs as I can... That poor cuniflare must be distraught at having lost so many!"

She looked at him, and smiled hopefully. She could see the potential for a new friend in him, and he seemed to have an inquisitive nature; just the sort she wanted whilst searching!
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Somatsu [3::10]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/25/2012 10:21 AM

Somatsu tilted his head, interested in her answer. She certainly appeared to be very interested in the flowers. The raptor couldn't blame her. They were beautiful. At her question, Somatsu smiled, glad that there was no hostility between them. "I do find them quite beautiful. It's difficult not to admire them," he said, casting his gaze over the flowers she was studying.

The Paragon then pulled out a curious thing: a colored egg. Showing it to him and explaining the situation, Somatsu looked upon it in interest. It sounded as though there was help in need, and the Gyrraptor was one to never turn down helping others. "I'm afraid I have not taken notice to any laying about," the brute answered as he glanced around, backtracking with his eyes to see if there were any out in plane site, though he could see none from where he stood.

At her offer to help, Somatsu, of course, could not turn such an offer down. It was his nature to help, and, to him, his duty. With a smile, Somatsu nodded his crowned head, answering, "I would be more than happy to help find those eggs, my lady. It would be an honor." Somatsu was glad this had turned out the way it had. It appeared that the two were going to get along quite well. Perhaps, even a true friendship would bud.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/25/2012 1:22 PM

At the gyrraptor's agreement to help her, Nyxia smiled and stood. "Excellent!" she said; "I'm sure with the two of us looking, we will find many eggs. Perhaps even all of the ones that I'm sure are hidden in this forest! And do not worry about not having found any yet... I am sure our efforts will be rewarded!" She took one last look at the bush, and seemed to go into a trance for a moment. When she came out of it, there was a new flower in place, right where she had removed one for her journal. She bowed to the bush, and flexed her wings wide, before closing them against her back where she had replaced her pack.

"Forgive me for that slight delay;" she said with a smile. "I can communicate with plants, you see, and I was just showing my gratitude for the bush allowing me to take a sample...and replacing what I had taken it with a minor healing magic. Which way would you like to search first? And I am Nyxia, by the way. May I enquire as to your name?"

As she waited for the gyrraptor to answer, she looked at the clearing around them, and listened to the sound of the flowers singing in the breeze. It was a very soothing place, and she resolved to return if she could... She returned her attention to him, realising he might take her wandering gaze as rude, and hoping he would understand that she just couldn't help herself... flowers were her passion!

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Somatsu [3::11]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/25/2012 3:59 PM

Somatsu's face lit in response to her enthusiasm of him joining on the search. He chuckled at her comment about him not finding any yet, nodding his head in agreement. Of course, Somatsu hadn't expected for there to be hidden eggs about the forest. At least, eggs that weren't there from natural reasons. "I am quite sure we will," he said warmly.

The Paragon then did a curious thing. Somatsu tilted his head slightly as he watched her turn and bow to the bush. That was certainly curious indeed. However, his questions were soon answered when she revealed that she could actually communicate with plants! Somatsu found it very intriguing, as he'd never before met with one who had such an deep communication with nature. Before he truly had an opening to reply, the female directed a question towards him; or, two, rather.

With a polite dip of his head, Somatsu answered, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Nyxia. I am called Somatsu." He watched as Nyxia's attention appeared to be more on their surroundings, but Somatsu was not offended. After all, she had revealed that she had a communication between plants that Somatsu was not aware of. Surely, she would be more in tune with nature than he could understand. He continued, without faltering. "As for direction, going forward is always my favorite choice. One never knows what lies ahead of the path," He finished with a smile, turning his crowned head towards the unseen path ahead. Naturally, there was no real path, as this was a forest, and perhaps the only paths were game trails made by animals. But, it was more of a metaphor, something Somatsu commonly used. "Perhaps there are eggs ahead."

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/25/2012 4:56 PM

Somatsu... Yes, it certainly suited him... he did indeed to be modest, and rather humble. She smiled; she liked him already! He had suggested going forwards, rather than in any other direction, and Nyxia turned to face the trees ahead. Peering closely, she noticed what appeared to be a very large blue flower in one of the trees ahead, complete with a rather curiously coloured egg in the centre! At least, she supposed it was an egg... she had certainly never come across a flower like that before!

"I think forward is an excellent direction, and I agree with you, one certainly never knows what to expect. I thoroughly expected to spend my day documenting new types of flowers from above the canopy, yet here I am egg hunting... what a strange turn of events! Though I must admit, I am pleased with the way it has turned out... hunting for eggs sounds quite enjoyable!" She gave a tinkling laugh, and the sunlight caught her scales, causing her to glow with a soft orange light. She smiled, and began to walk towards the trees.

"I think I can see an egg in the centre of a flower in that tree over there... Why don't you tell me about yourself as we walk? What are your interests? Do you enjoy botany? Have you a career, or are you more of a jack-of-all-trades? What brought you to the forest this morning?" Though she did not mean to pry, and didn't mean to sound like an inquisition, she was curious about this rather polite gyrraptor, and hoped to learn more about him...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Somatsu [3::12]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/26/2012 8:50 AM

A warm chuckle welled from the brute. He knew all too well how life had a funny way of throwing unexpected events when least expected or planned. At Nyxia laughed, so did Somatsu, nodding his head in pure agreement to all she had said. "Indeed, the path of life has its unexpected twists and turns, but I, as well, am quite glad of this unexpected event," the Gyrraptor commented as he began to walk next to the female.

As Nyxia pointed out possibly seeing an egg, Somatsu looked in the direction, catching sight of the curious looking object. It certainly didn't appear to be an object of the forest, that was for sure. Quickly returning his attention to Nyxia, Somatsu listened to her line of questions, politely waiting for her to finish. He found it incredibly rude to interrupt anyone. After she finished, Somatsu, with his warm smile, answered, "I'm more of a wanderer. I drift from one place to another, all across Evelon, helping those I can. My father was a nomadic warrior, so to say, and, upon his passing, I continued his passion to help those in need. Because I am nomadic, I live off the land, so I am very enthralled with nature, enjoying my time amongst it. I only travel, with no real direction in mind. I suppose fate led me here today so that we would meet, and I could be of service to you." Finishing with a soft chuckle, Somatsu thought warmly on how many times he had drifted to where he needed to be. There were times that he had also drifted where he didn't need to be, but those times where few and far between. "And, you, Nyxia... Forgive me for inquiring, but might I ask how you may communicate with plants? I find that to be quite interesting. I had a feeling that all creatures of nature have ways of communicating, but I wasn't so sure about plants." It truly intrigued him as to how plants could communicate.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/26/2012 10:34 AM

He had a deep chuckled, which resounded with good-humour; she noticed this as they walked and she listened to him. A travelling nomad... well, she herself knew how often fate could direct one to where they needed to be... Or where they were needed, anyway. She herself had experienced it many times, being called by an indescribable urge to wander, then finding a place where someone needed healing or there was a new flower to be documented...

His father... she wondered what his father was like. Would he have been as good-natured and polite as Somatsu? And what of his mother? Did he have any other family? But she didn't want to pry... she resolved to wait until later to ask those questions, if she asked them at all.

She smiled at his question; she had been wondering if he would ask about that. "It's a little difficult to explain... When i'm focusing on a single plant, I get a feeling of being connected, and then generally rather than actually hearing anything, I sort of... feel what they want to communicate, and then send them my thoughts to answer, and that goes on until the end. But the feeling of their consciousness stays with me, which is why I bow, to show them my respect and wish them well. But if it's a group of plants, or they're trying to communicate very strongly, I can hear them singing in the breeze. They make a most beautiful sound, though it's a sound like a feeling - you feel it in your heart and hear it in your mind, rather than actually hearing it in your ears."

She smiled sadly then, and continued "When a plant is damaged, or dying, most people would think it would scream. But they are so beautiful, so gentle... they simply sing themselves away, though the tune is a more sorrowful one. That is why I encourage others to bow, and thank them, or apologise if they must. The plants are like you, for example, in that they offer their help freely and willingly to any who need it, and ask for nothing in return. Even if you can't hear them, by sending them your thoughts of gratitude or apology, you will help make their songs happy, even if it is their last."

She looked at him with a serene expression on her face. She could hear the flowers singing a welcome to the gyrraptor, for they could feel the goodness within him. The song was so full of life and joy, it made her want to take to the air in joyous celebration, but her companion did not appear to be able to fly, so she would stay on the ground and let her heart sing in tune with the flowers...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/26/2012 7:04 PM

As Nyxia explained about her unique gift, Somatsu listened intently, wanting to learn on how it worked. He found it to be quite intriguing. Instead of an actual sound, the communication was more of a feeling. Somatsu could imagine it to be some sort of special telepathy, perhaps. Instead of thought-speech, it was feelings, however. But, now, Nyxia revealed that a strong communication was like singing. With how beautiful flowers could be, Somatsu could only imagine the beauty of their songs. He smiled softly as she described it. "It sounds as though it feels beautiful," Somatsu said before she continued.

Quickly sensing the shift in the conversation, Somatsu's keen senses tuned in on her quickly. Her sudden change in emotion was explained with what she described next. The raptor quickly understood, feeling sorrow for plants, which were most often neglected or mistreated without care by others. His eyes wandered to the beauty surrounding them, scanning the area slowly. Somatsu smiled at her ending statement, feeling somewhat nearer to the nature he loved by her explanations. He had never realized how deep nature truly was. Almost subconsciously, his warm thoughts radiated out with gratitude to the plants. "Thank you." As he returned his gaze upon the female, he could sense her happiness. "Thank you, Nyxia, for bringing me even closer to the wonders of this world. It was not by chance we were to meet today. These plants... This entire forest is a marvel to behold. I certainly send them my deepest gratitude for all that they do." With Nyxia's example before, Somatsu humbly bowed before the forest, smiling. It was difficult to find Somatsu not smiling.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/26/2012 8:17 PM

Somatsu's remark about the feeling sounding beautiful touched Nyxia's heart, and she truly wished he could hear the flowers' songs too. He seemed so happy, so good-natured, that she felt comfortable with him even though she had only just met him. As they walked, she listened to his voice, as well as his words, and concluded she liked the sound of both... His rich melodious voice, coupled with his intelligent and polite conversation, made for a wonderful experience. She listened to the content of his speech as well, and felt pleased that he shared her love of nature.

When he thanked her, her heart sang with joy, for nothing made her happier than to enlighten others to the real, unseen beauty of the flower world. She agreed with him thoroughly on the majesty of the forest, and was proud beyond belief when she saw him bow to the forest. She heard the flower songs singing their approval and welcome to him, and couldn't help but translate. "The forest sings it's approval, and welcomes you with all it's heart." Her eyes seemed to shine with a green light for a moment, before she came back down to herself. She looked up, and noticed they were standing in front of the tree with what looked like an egg in the centre of a flower - but she wasn't quite sure. Puzzled, she turned to Somatsu, and asked "That flower up there... that thing in the middle of it isn't part of it. Do you think it could be an egg?"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Somatsu [3::14]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/26/2012 9:51 PM

More and more Somatsu was enjoying the company with this female. It was a rare event for one to find another with such similar interests as they did. In fact, he could not recall having such a relaxed, easy-going, and wonderful conversation such as this. It was something he certainly marveled over. Her happiness radiated, thus causing Somatsu to be even more happier. Nothing did better for him than to see the happiness of others. As she spoke of the forests' approval, Somatsu's smile never faded. he was glad to hear that his gratitude was taken straight from his heart to the heart of nature. It was a lovely feeling, even if he couldn't feel it as deeply as Nyxia was gifted with. "I am so happy to hear that," the brute hummed smoothly and joyfully.

With all their wonderful talk, Somatsu didn't even realize that they had come before the tree they had been moving to all along! Now, that was what Somatsu called wonderful conversation. The kind that caused the time to pass by without notice. "Ah, the tree," He said absentmindedly as he looked up at it's great, stretching branches, reaching towards the sky. As Nyxia spoke, he searched for the flower she spoke of, and quickly found it, using his keen, predatory eye-sight to lock on it's features. Sure enough, there was something odd about that flower. "Hm... It certainly could be. It certainly doesn't appear to be a part of the flower. Of course, I do wonder how it would've gotten up there," Somatsu added with a chuckle. "I'd reach it, if I could, and I normally would find a way to do so under these situations, but your wings might prove to be the wisest choice to reach that oddity." Somatsu could only think that the only way to find out was to actually take a look at what was on that flower.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/27/2012 9:09 AM

Nyxia smiled as she watched Somatsu grin. His happiness radiated like her scales in the sunlight, and she found herself smiling wider than ever. It was indeed a rare find, to meet such an individual as Somatsu with his kindness and friendliness... She couldn't recall ever having spoken to one so intelligent, or so attuned to her character. And the way he spoke about and acted towards nature... It made her heart sing to see him so immersed in it, and not for the first time she wished she could share her gift, at least once.

He chuckled after questioning how the egg may have gotten into the tree, and she smiled again. If this kept up, her cheeks would ache by the end of the day... But Nyxia didn't mind; she was enjoying his company thoroughly, and was glad that they had been so fortunate as to meet. When he suggested she use her wings, Nyxia almost could have danced for joy - she adored flying, in any situation or capacity, and had been wanting to flex her wings for a while, but she was reluctant to leave him. In addition, she would be able to help - without needing the help of anyone else, or artificial means - and it made her happy to think that there was something she could do. She readily agreed, and, taking off her pack, prepared to stretch her wings.

As she did, the orange scales on her wings refracted the light in such a way as to light up and glow, almost, with little rainbow diamonds sparkling in between the orange. Her butterfly wings stretched to their full glory, and she semi-jumped into the tree, and stopped to hover in front of the flower. "It is indeed an egg;" she called down to Somatsu. "Would you be so kind as to open the pack I left on the ground? We can use it to carry the eggs we find." She glided down to him, and landed gently beside him with a rather large egg in her claws.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Somatsu [4::15]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/28/2012 5:21 PM

It appeared that Somatsu's suggestion was taken with much gladness, for Nyxia appeared to light right up at the mention of it. It did Somatsu so well to see her happy, as he enjoyed the happiness of others over anything else. He found that this world was more often cruel to others, and ignored the happiness so needed of others. Instead, to most, the only thing that mattered was could make one's self happy. For Somatsu, it was about what could make others happy, and that, in turn, was his own reward of happiness. Nyxia must have really enjoyed her gift of flight, as he could easily see it on her features.

Watching her with awe, the Gyrraptor never removed his eyes from her as she spread her wings and took flight, after removing her pack. Her wings appeared to glow with rainbow-like colors, shimmering with beauty. Certainly, Somatsu had never met anyone like this Paragon before. Stepping back, he cocked his head just right, so that he could see her against the sunlight shining through the leaves. He watched as Nyxia analyzed the flower, and waited for her response. As she diagnosed the situation, Somatsu nodded his head. "I'd be happy to," he replied with a smile. Moving to her pack, Somatsu opened it up as instructed, holding it open with his foreclaws so that Nyxia could easily place the egg in there. "My, what a large find," he commented as Nyxia landed near him with the large egg. "I do wonder what the Cuniflare is doing with all these eggs. There must be something very special about them. They're certainly quite fanciful," he finished with a warm chuckle.

Somatsu stood aside, to be sure to give Nyxia room to finish packing up the egg, and looked around. His eyes caught sight of more beautiful flowers, but no signs of eggs. "There are beautiful bushes just over there. Perhaps there are eggs among those striking flowers," Somatsu suggested.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/28/2012 6:56 PM

"They are indeed quite fanciful; they must be for something special" Nyxia agreed, enjoying the sound of his chuckle. His face lit up whenever he smiled - quite a feat for a gyrraptor!

He pointed out the bushes, and she turned her head to look... Oh! They were indeed spectacular, with lots of beautiful flowers radiating in the sun. She couldn't believe that she had missed them! On a normal day, she would have been all over them in an instant... There was just something about this gyrraptor, with his polite charm and his pleasant humour, that drew her even more than the flowers did. It had indeed been a fortuitous meeting!

"Those bushes certainly look as though they could hide an egg or two; we'll need to search them extra carefully!" She beamed with glee at the thought of getting up close to those beautiful flowers, and flapped her wings before shouldering her pack and turning to face Somatsu. "Shall we?" she asked with a sweet grin on her face, gesturing towards the bushes with a half-folded wing.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate