The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Just one night {self}

Postby jobiehanna » 08/24/2014 12:04 AM

Princess Alexandria
->In human form
#d55388

Alexandria is of the royal bloodline. She's been raised to be the perfect princess, and the perfect queen someday. Her mother keeps her locked within the palace, unable to go out and socialize with her childhood friends or practice her horseback riding. She hasn't been able to do any of the outdoor activities she loves since she turned twenty-five years old. Since then she's been primped and polished to be the perfect queen. She misses the days spent in the fields and streets with the other Elvin and human kids. She knows her duty, but she just wants to have one day where duty isn't important. She wants to be just like any other girl, able to chase the boys through the streets and help the stray cats and dogs.

For one night Alexandria made her dream come true. Instead of going to bed like a proper lady, she sneaked out of their palace tucked safely in the mountains. She wore a dark purple dress made of soft cotton that was lose enough to be able to maneuver easily. It was simple to cast her sheets out the window and climb down to land softly on the grass below. There was no moat around the castle because it was thought to be safe tucked away in the mountains. So Alex inched her way along the castle wall, careful not to be caught by a guard or dog.

She made her way to the stables where her void cavallion, Lady, would be waiting. The young Elvin woman hadn't ridden Lady in three years, so she hoped her mare would remember her. She sent word down to the stables at least once a week to check in on her steed, and enjoyed the answers she got from the assistant stable manager Fabian. She could always trust her best friend to take of her mount. Even if they didn't see each other daily anymore, she still held a place in her heart for the young elf.

((This story happens in Alexandria and Fabian's past.))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Just one night {self}

Postby jobiehanna » 08/24/2014 12:08 AM

Fabian
->In human form
#d9c68b

Fabian is the son of one of the city's painted ladies. He's never had an easy life. He always has to scrounge for food. Until he discovers her talent with horses. He finds himself drafted into the service of the Crown. He is an excellent horse trainer now, but at a young age he spent his time with the other kids. He plays with them, laughs with them. But he always helps the farrier and stables manager when required. He is proud of his talent with the cavallion and begins to teach the princess to ride at a young age. He doesn't know how much this bond will mean to him later in life, but he enjoys their time spent together. When he turns twenty he is promoted to assistant stable manager.

As Alexandria worked her way to the stable, Fabian made his rounds through the stalls. Most of the mares, stallions and geldings would be asleep by now, but he knew of a certain dark beauty who would still be up and restless. The mare missed the master she'd known since she was a filly, but the Princess wasn't allowed to visit her very special mare anymore. It saddened Fabian, so he spent extra time with the cavallion. He walked her around the ring, or rode her down the trail paths when he was able. He also worked with the Crown's other stock, so there was not always time for Lady. Today he hadn't had much time for her, so now he would spend some extra time with the mare, giving her treats and brushing her down for another time that day. Even when the equines were out in the field during the day, they needed special attention. He wasn't aware of the shadowy figure approaching from the back, so he went about caring for the black and purple mare. He opened her stall and offered her treats, all the while talking softly.

"Hiya girl. How are we doing tonight? I'm sorry I didn't get to you sooner, it's been a long day," he said gently, patting her soft nose. The mare pawed the hay beneath her restlessly as she chomped on the sugar cube offered. "I know you still miss the Princess, but she's not around anymore. She's training to be the queen," he said in a soft voice to the mare. "A fine queen she'll be." He pet the mare some more and got lost in his childhood memories.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Just one night {self}

Postby jobiehanna » 08/30/2014 9:14 PM

Alexandria made her way to the stables hopping from shadow to shadow. It didn't take long for her to reach the stables. She could smell the hay and the horses before she breached the entrance. She took a moment to smell the scents before opening the wooden side door. She walked along the worn dirt path down a small hallway before turning down the main path where the horses were.

It was then she heard the voice. It was a soft murmur, but she recognized it. Alex hadn't heard his voice in ages, but she knew it was his. As she walked toward Lady's stall the voice grew louder, but then faded out. Knowing she'd been discovered she paused, nervous about what waited for her. Would he remember her? How much would he have changed? Through their writing she knew he was still kind, but how much could she tell from writing? Her heart hammered in her chest as she stood with her back against the stable wall.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items