The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

{Closed}

Postby Feint » 05/07/2014 12:29 PM

Kamon

Posts Needed: 230

Post 1

"A mountainous region located up north of Nori Volcano, these mountain ranges go beyond what the eye can see. There are varying temperatures in the area depending on your location, from very mild and hot climates in the south, to moderately cold up north. They are a much more moderate area to explore, unlike the freezing mountain ranges of the Fe'gan Mountains."

Kamon read the travel brochure for what seemed like the hundredth time, defeat tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"A mountainous region located up north of Nori Volcano, these mountain ranges go beyond what the eye can see."

He didn't need to read the words to hear this playing in his head. After he'd gotten lost, it had begun. After several hours of climbing, it was little more than his background music.

"There are varying temperatures in the area depending on your location, from very mild and hot climates in the south, to moderately cold up north."

Kamon crumpled the brochure in his fist and used it to wipe the saliva from his thick fur. Felines only sweat through their feet, so his tongue had to do the real work. Even then, unfortunately, he felt no relief, and he had brought no water.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Re: A Completely Normal Hike [Open/Self]

Postby Feint » 05/07/2014 12:36 PM

Post 2

One couldn't possibly fault the poor lakundra for his oversight - it was supposed to be a short hike!

But, Feint, you're supposed to take water with you just in case.

Aye, but he was also supposed to go North, where the cold beaches of the Yuunu Sea would be his reward for a hike well done.

Feint, the sea is salty.

Aye! Felines are odd creatures. They can drink salt water. He'd never done it before, and he wanted to try, hence the reason for the hike in the first place.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/07/2014 12:43 PM

Post 3

Why such a strange vacation?

The lakundra lacked the funds for a more glamorous one, and there was little else he could think of to do now that his son was away from home. He might as well hike to the sea and drink.

But he got lost.

Indeed. He was no traveler, no experience in the matter at all. He didn't even pack a compass, but he did pack the brochure, which he had assumed contained a map.

Why didn't he check?

He stole it, of course. He wasn't supposed to be in that hotel in the first place, and he needed to grab and go before someone very important grabbed and got him.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/07/2014 12:47 PM

Post 4

...You know. Security?

In any case, he managed to leave with his brochure, and discovered - right when he needed it, of course - that it was no map at all.

He had resolved to use the air to see which direction was coldest, which seemed to be most logical thing to do given what information he had been allotted. Of course, if any of you know the weather, that will only lead one to follow the direction of the breeze. And, at that moment, the breeze was coming from the South, so South he went.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/07/2014 12:55 PM

Post 5 +3 Endurance, +2 Defense per Level

...and South he stayed. He had tried several times to find a path... basically anywhere but South, and his attempts all ended somewhat miserably. He had even enlisted the aid of his wings. No matter what, he ended up in a hotter part of the mountains than before.

He was tempted to stop walking. It certainly wouldn't get any cooler that way, but it wouldn't be any hotter, either.

Kamon clenched the crumpled, hair-covered brochure between his front teeth and sighed heavily. He spit the brochure out and watched its descent over the mighty cliff.

A landslide had claimed a mountain, it seemed. He could find no other reason for such a wide gap to be there.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate