The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

We're treasure hunters not thieves [Self][Done]

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/31/2015 1:39 PM

The rustle of the newspaper was one of the only noises that could be heard in the room besides the occasional grumble from the girl the was sitting upside down on the couch reading the paper. “Good god nobody cares if you’ve won the damn lottery,” Kevlar frowned and flipped the paper, “ah finally the funnies.”

A heavy knocked interrupted her from reading, “whattt?!” she yelled not bothering getting up. She knew that knock and she also knew that the person behind it wouldn’t bother being invited in. Like she assumed she heard the door open and in came a girl with black and bright pink long hair. She looked up at the upside down face of her best friend, “yes please do come right on in Morgana.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Re: We're treasure hunters not thieves [Self]

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/31/2015 1:40 PM

Morgana waved to the taxi driver as he sped away. She was mighty thankful that the man drove her all the out here. They usually and she would have to walk about four miles. Coming up to the wooden door that she was becoming fond of she knock hard and without really caring if anyone answered barged right on in. She set her bag down and marched into the living room finding Kevlar reading the newspaper upside down on the couch. She flopped down beside her friend and waved off her sarcasm. Morgana knew Kevlar wouldn’t have gotten the door anyways. “So, do you want to know why I am here?” she asked looking at her face.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/31/2015 1:41 PM

“I bet you are going to tell me anyways,” she replied while flipping her body into the normal sitting position. She acted like she didn’t care but Morgana was always so carefree and wild that she would bring home the craziest stories to tell. Kevlar definitely didn’t have a dull life but compared the Morgana’s it sure looked that way. She was kind of happy that even though this girl couldn’t sit still for two seconds she called here her home. “So what crazy things have you gotten yourself into now?” she questioned as she got up to get something to drink from the fridge. This was probably going to be a long visit so she wanted to be ready by having something to eat and drink.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/31/2015 1:46 PM

Morgana watched her friend get up and head into the kitchen, “well it starts about a week ago when I was heading up north into the mountains. I had gotten myself a guide up to this temple that is said to hold magical properties.” She waved her arms around as she talked help draw life to her story. It was very difficult for her to sit for too long and that helped with her need to move, “I of course was intrigued right away and when we get there my guide just vanishes. Then out of nowhere this trots up to me and starts speaking, he spouting all kinds of-” she stopped abruptly by the sound of laughter. She rolled her eyes because she had a feeling this would happen.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/31/2015 1:49 PM

“A talking goat? You cannot be serious?” Kevlar laughed some more as she enter back into the room with two drinks. She handed one to Morgana and settled herself back down on the couch. Moving the newspaper to the small table in front of them, “I know that you have ran into quite a few strange things over the years but a talking goat.” She let out another laugh and wiped away imaginary tears from her eyes. That was ridiculous and she wasn’t sure why her friend was pulling her leg about it, “just tell me the truth.” She pulled her legs up onto the couch ready for her friend to continue.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/31/2015 1:51 PM

“Oh will you hush and let me finish my story, anyways as I was saying the goat started to go off about rituals and ancient gods and things. He spoke saying how I’ll be blessed if I pay the temple and things like that. It also said if I didn’t I would be banished to hell. It was around that time that it felt like the whole world was spinning and that I might be sick. Do you remember back when we got busted those clowns that were drugging people a few years ago, well it felt like the same thing then. That's why when I woke up and my guide was back I took him into the near by guard station under suspicious activity and he had the drug right there on him. He confessed that he had been using it to get money from tourist,” she finished her story waiting for Kevlar to apologize.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/01/2015 2:02 PM

“Woow, I did not see that coming,” Kevlar sat looking at her in weird aw. How did her friend end up in situations like this. She was secretly glad that she had most of the time stick in town so she could run her group of ruffians. “So is that the end of your ‘probably should be a tall tale but sadly isn’t’ story or is there more from the great Morgana?” she looked on expectantly. Kevlar knew better than to expect that to the end, with her luck Morgana probably needed something from her.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/01/2015 2:35 PM

Laughter escaped Morgana, “sadly no because while I was in the station I ran into a curator of a museum. He was complaining that there was going to be a robbery soon at his museum. The officers were trying to tell him that it was nothing and send him on his way since there was no actual threat from anyone that there was going to be a robbery. After the curator heard what I did he came to me asking if I could spend a few nights at his museum to watch and capture the burglar. He mentioned that he only had one night guard on duty but he didn’t have much faith in the man.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/01/2015 3:45 PM

“And? Did you go and capture the burglar?” Kevlar took another drink.

Morgana sighed, “that’s the thing. It hasn’t happened yet, I was hoping that maybe you… could join me.”

Kevlar choked on her drink, “you can’t be serious Morgs. I’ve got things that I have to handle here.”

“I know, I know but it will only be for a few days and I could really use you. Please,” she gave her best puppy dog expression.
Kevlar let out a defeated sigh, “I guess let me go call up Elliot and explain where I’m going and what she needs to do while I’m away.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/01/2015 11:06 PM

Several hours later and Kevlar was pulling her coat tighter around her as she stepped off the bus with Morgana right behind her. She turned around, “so where is this museum at?” her breath came out in puffs of smoke.

Morgana set the luggage on the ground and rubbed her hands together, “only a few blocks over is the museum but we should drop our stuff off at at the hotel room. I never checked out of my old room so we can just head straight back in.” After dropping there stuff off they made their way through the snow packed sidewalks until they reached an older building. Two gentleman stood on the steps of the museum and they made their way to them.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/06/2015 11:55 PM

They walked up to them, “hello Mr. Robertson this is the friend I was talking about, Kevlar.”

“Hi,” Kevlar stuck her hand out to the man.

“Oh good you both are here, I was just informing Rick, the security guard, that he would be having company tonight.”

Morgana and Kevlar both shook hands with Rick and the curator started down the steps, “okay so I am off, I have a dinner meeting that I have to get to.”

Rick showed them both inside and Kevlar set her bag down by the front desk, “so now what, do we just sit around and wait?”

Morgana sighed, “yeah I guess so.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/13/2015 4:37 PM

Aero sat calmly in the back of a bar sipping on his drink. His dark aura cleared the surrounding tables so he was alone and slightly hidden by the shadows. He was waiting to deliver some news about a very pricy necklace that he knew to be displayed in a rural area. It was an easy grab but not what he wanted for himself.
The door to the bar opened and in stepped the man he was waiting for. He watched as Egypt bought a drink and then searched the room until he spotted him.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/13/2015 4:38 PM

Egypt took a seat across from Aero, “you know if you only give the stink eye to people no one will want to be your friend.”

“I’m not interested in friends, do you or do you not want my information?” he asked getting straight to the point.

“Oh yeah I forgot talking to you is like talking to a robot, expect maybe a robot would have a better sense of humor,” Egypt casually took a sip of his drink while avoiding Aeros question.

Ignoring the man’s jab he continued, “the necklace is being shown in a small town in the north at a museum. The place only has one guard on hand at night, it sounds easy enough for a baby to do.”

“Hmm… how much is this necklace?” Egypt asked.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/13/2015 4:39 PM

“I don’t know,” Aero answered honestly.

“You called me here without getting the amount that would be made on this job? For all I know it could be a necklace that they got out of a toy machine,” he rolled his eyes.

Aero raised an eyebrow, “if you don’t want the information then leave.”

“Why is the necklace being displayed?” he continued.

“Why does it matter?” Aero countered.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/13/2015 4:39 PM

Egypt searched the room with eyes, he was becoming frustrated, “it is an important factor.”

“The only thing that is important is the money,” Aero downed the last bit of his drink.

Egypt chuckled, “and yet you don’t know the price of it?”

“I am giving you the information because I do not want the job,” he spoke as if talking to a small child.

Egypt stood up abruptly, “I hadn't realized you were so high and mighty. I think this conversation is over. It has proven to be a waste of my time.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next