If you would like to host your own contest, this is the forum for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Contests

The Lost Pages Scavenger Hunt[Summer 2023]

Postby Kylo » 09/14/2023 3:16 PM

A small creature shuffled about on top of a small stand and seemed to be frantically flipping through a large tome.

"Oh no. The pages...they were here earlier...just where are they?"

Suddenly seeming to notice your presence it looks up at you and it's ears fold back nervously.

"Um, hello. I seem to be having a problem here. Would you perhaps be willing to help? You see my book is missing pages and I need them to get home, er, finishing reading I mean."

It chuckles softly and scratches behind its head.

"The pages look like this and if you find all seven I'll give you a handsome reward!"

"Oh! Excuse my poor manners. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Orion. I'm a bit lost and not from around here so I'm not sure where the pages could be. Maybe try asking Sedimus? He may have some hints for you!"
___________________________________________________________________________________

Sedimus smiles warmly as you approach him and waves.

"How can I help you?" he asks.

You explain that you met a strange creature named Orion looking for help finding pages in a book. Sedimus chuckles and shakes his head.

"Orion is always losing things. Don't worry I'll help you find the pages. I know I spotted at least seven strange pages here in Evelon. Here take this paper it'll guide you to where they are."

1.Deep in a farmland cottage, a man struggles to eat meat.
2.Sommer gets sick of Sedimus at a Medicai club.
3.Ghosts in the Holy City come back to haunt Orion and Obi Wan.
4.Dancing in the Cathedral, trying not to die.
5.Wishing to let go.
6.Three men have fun in Roraldi Forest with food.
7.In the holy city, Fahx sniffs out trouble.

Summer of Summoning Scavenger Hunt 2023

Help Orion get home by finding summoning pages from his books of shadows. You have to find ALL seven to earn a prize and prizes are determined at random. Some possible prizes include past event pets and lucain. Once you find all seven pages please roleplay a post here stating you found them and then send me a PM with the urls of each page. You HAVE to send the url to the exact post for it to count. You can NOT share hints or locations of the pages with anyone so no cheating please. Anyone caught will not be eligible for a prize.

The event runs from now until September 30th. Good luck and have fun!

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: The Lost Pages Scavenger Hunt[Summer 2023]

Postby Kylo » 09/18/2023 7:15 PM

Edit: Been informed that 5 is bit too tricky. Here's another hint: where you go to wish for things.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 09/18/2023 7:28 PM

It's late on a chilly autumn day - the kind where most people take a look at the dreary sky and their breath frosting the air and decide to pack up early - when a lost-looking Wilson with a tiny knapsack on his back peeked his little head around the corner of the stand.

"Hello?" he asks, shuffling his shoes nervously. "Are you a, um, Mr. Orion? You're a-awfully big for a Mocha Picchu." Without waiting for an answer, he launches into the rest of his speech. There's a stilted quality to the way he talks that suggests that this, or at least parts of it have been rehearsed many a time and in-depth, possibly on the long flight here. "I was told that I had a couple of pages - er, several pages, seven of them, in fact - that I was to deliver to a Mr. Orion at this location, but I'm afraid that I, ah, got a little sidetracked on my way here. Perhaps lost, even. Haha. A Lost Mr. Wilson getting lost, truly the funniest of jokes." He does not sound amused in the slightest.
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/19/2023 7:44 AM

Timothy rubbed his face with one paw, as he clutched the loose pages tightly in his other fist. He had done his best to chase them down, and at last he thought he had them all.

He stepped up to the little creature and jumped at it turned to face him; flustered, he profferred the pages, holding them with both hands so that they wouldn't get blown away in the breeze.

"Hello", he murmured; "I found them scattered around - I hope they're all here!"

He waited for the little creature to take the pages from him, carefully handing them over so that they wouldn't crease or be dropped.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/19/2023 11:38 PM

It had taken Kitsu a little while to hunt down the pages. She had gotten distracted a few times, but in the end, she was fairly sure that she had managed to gather all of them. It had been a fun little break from the usual monotony of her day. Now, she returned to the frantic creature with the papers held firmly in her grasp.

"Here you are!" she said as she handed them over. "These are the right ones, right? I hope you don't mind if I had to fold them up a bit to fit them in my pocket."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 09/29/2023 10:44 PM

ImageImage

There had been no shortage of doubts and protests all day long about the circumstances surrounding the odd little creature that a little girl and her canine companion had stumbled across during one of her little adventures out and about the town. Which quickly turned into something much bigger, and took up their entire day to do, as she had actually agreed to help them find their missing pages.

"Come on, Mr. Doggy! Mr. Fluffy asked us nicely!" The girl had pleaded after their next following conversation with the man had concluded, and the canine was making all attempts to stop her from wandering around because those strangers told them to do so.

But alas, try as he might, there was no winning this battle, and the girl got her way in the end as the pair came back several hours later with a small stack of paper being held carefully in the girl's arms. Both of them now looking dirtier than before, and "Mr. Doggy" in particular appearing absolutely exhausted as he sat himself down to take a much needed breather.

"Mr. Fluffy!" The girl called out eagerly as she hurried over to proudly hold out the pages down to the small creature, a bright smile on her face. "I found what you were looking for!" She would giggle happily. All whilst just behind her, the canine was doing everything in his power to hold back a grimace. For it had been him that had done the majority of the work to track those down, all to avoid putting her in harm's way.

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 09/29/2023 11:15 PM

Jason bounded up to Orion's side, pages gripped tightly in his jaws. He'd managed to not actually bite holes in any of them while hunting them down, and the grip he was using should also not create any new holes. Padding up to the creature, he gently dropped the pages in front of him, using a paw to keep them pinned.

"Here you go!" he said with a grin. "All seven pages, just like you asked!"
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 09/30/2023 12:43 AM

ImageImage

Jigen was exhausted. This wasn't an odd outcome of tagging along with Lupin's whatever-the-hell plans, plans he never really bothered to tell Jigen unless it fancied him, but damned if he thought that trapesing all over creation was going to amount to something. Something of worth. Something... shinier, and a little more suitable to Lupin's style, and not... some ratty old pages that some poor sod misplaced. "Charity work doesn't suit you. Will ya stop grinning like a freak?" Jigen's voice rose from a low grumble to a sharp little shout-whisper as Lupin's mouth curled higher in delight, thumbing over the loose pages they'd managed to track down as though they were precious, high-value bills. Jigen tapped a cigarette out of a pack in his breast pocket, cursing at his lighter under his breath.

"Charity? You wound me," Lupin cooed, fanning under his neck with the pages pressed between thumb and fingers. "Don't think for a moment that I'm doing this out of the goodness of my little ol' heart. I've got reliable authority that says these folks here, the rightful owners of these lost pages, are totally loaded. Do you know what kinda rewards come from people who are loaded?"

Jigen practically blew smoke from his nose, reaching a hand over to clamp down on top of Lupin's short-cropped hair with a snarl, biting down on the filter of his cigarette. "Stop shittin' me. What's the real plan?"

Lupin ducked cat-like away from Jigen's grip and smiled coyly at him, walking backwards as he batted his lashes, holding the spread of pages up like a coquettish fan. "Wouldn't you rather be surprised, love?"

"No. Now turn around before you trip and die," Jigen muttered flatly, suddenly not in the mood for a cigarette, suddenly halfway in a mood to roll something stronger into one of those little pages and light it up. But... despite his glower, there was a spring in Lupin's step that did pique Jigen's interest, deep down inside. As he puffed on his cigarette in dissatisfaction, it was all he could do to try to ready himself for whatever harebrained heist the master thief was planning on this poor, likely perfectly innocent soul.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Kylo » 10/01/2023 1:37 AM

Orion's whiskers twitched as he carefully gathered the pages given back to him with a smile.

"Thank you so much for your help! Please take these as a token of my appreciation!"

Adelie
Kitsumi
ToxxicRenegadeAngel
FrostWynd
GrayGriffin
Zapdragon555

All prizes are sent out as of posting!

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/01/2023 7:41 AM

Thank you Kylo, he's gorgeous!
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate