If you would like to host your own contest, this is the forum for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Contests

Celtic's Contest 8D

Postby Celtic » 08/12/2009 12:45 PM

Objective:

To create me a custom pet that represents me. No hints 8D

Rules:

Can be any creature
NO money limit, so go wild 8D
Only for people who offered on my lucain boy 8D
Two Entries Max
If you didn't offer on my lucain boy and you want to enter, please PM me and you could be allowed to get in~

Deadline:

Uhm.. Sometimes in the near future D8

Prizes

First Place: The lucain I had up for trade
Second Place: 50KS

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: Celtic's Contest 8D

Postby Tsukiya » 08/12/2009 1:11 PM

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Common Meiji

2. Eye Color: Stays the same.

3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.)
Body: a38397
Coat and Hat: 838ea3
Wand: 434954
Shoes: 1c2f54
Lightning bolt: d0d7e4
Stars: f5f389
Pants/Top: 958ea3
4. Accessories:
A friendship bracelet, the same color scheme as: Image hanging off the lightning bolt. A snowflake should be hanging off of it.
5. Background Type (See below): White
6. Total Cost: $18
7. Method of Payment (Paypal, Mail, etc.): Any?

Why the Meiji?
Only slightly taller than one's knee, this inquisitive little bunny is a sight to behold, with their little coats and hats. Mejis normally don't 'forage' for food unless they really have to; instead, they try and perform magic tricks to astound the passerby audiences for food, they're quite skilled at it, inheriting their magical potential right at birth. However, a Meji must train day and night to perfect it's magic, otherwise it's only potential. With time, they can master powers over small elements, learn limited teleportation, and 'produce' small objects out of thin air. They can even pull themselves out of their own hat!
I chose the meiji because you really do seem like the tiny, intelligent, playful and determined creature the meiji describes! -laughs- To be honest, finding a creature to fit exactly how I see you is very difficult. You're very loyal to your friends and seem to just have a playful attitude. Your determination and sweet personality are some of the things I like best about you, but putting them into a "physical" form is different. ._.;

Colors:
Although the colors may seem a little dark, they're also sort of...Well. I can't say cheerful. I tried to pick colors I thought you would like, but since I've never discovered what colors you liked... XD; I hope I didn't fail?

Accessories:
I chose the bracelet with Kiki's colorization because I know Kiki's one of your favorites of your own lucain, and the bracelet because you are one of the best friends I have, and really, the only way I know to show that in physical form is with a bracelet. I chose a snowflake to dangle off it because Kiki reminds me of snow. o3o;
I'm going in for the kill. I'm doing it for the thrill. I'm hoping you'll understand and not let go of my hand.

Wishlist~
Zoo Pen!
Breeder's Listing
Shop!
Tsukiya
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 126
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 08/12/2009 1:56 PM

Just a quick question, can we enter more than one?

What pet species do you want customized?: Saffron Batti

Eye Color: Green(99CC00)

Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: The fur is to be gray(666666). No mask. The hair above the eyes is tipped black. The wings are green(669900) and the inside of the ears are alternating stripes of light gray(CCCCCC) and green(669900). The green goes first. The claws are white and the feet are light gray(CCCCCC). The shackles on the wings are white. The vest if camouflage: ex.. And the under shirt is white and the skull is green(669900).

Accessories: A small silver button on the right side of the vest with the presidential seal on it (or as good as can be done): ex.. A pair of silver dog tags on a silver metal chain with the name Celtic on them(or as good as can be done): ex.. A silver earring on the left ear: ex.

Background Type (See below): White

Total Cost: $24 ($3 for each accessory with the $15 price of Custom Coloring)

Method of Payment (Paypal, Mail, etc.): Your choice

(You can change the name on the dog tags.)

~~~

I went along with a war theme, complete with a civil war button and dog tags along with some camouflage thrown in there 'cause I know how much you like the Civil war.

Curious creatures of the night, it seems these guys... aren't blind? Nor do they fear the daylight, since they actually can see! How weird, since they also can walk upright on two legs! Maybe they're not bats at all (okay, maybe that's pushing it). Preying on insects and possibly human fingers, the Batti strut about in their little vests with their wings trailing like spooky capes. Their ears are also still quite keen on picking up the most minute of sounds. They also have a strange tendency to dance to odd music.

I picked the Batti because I thought they'd make great soldiers. Comfortable during day and night and they can pick up tiny sounds that we wouldn't be able too. They can walk upright to hold a weapon and fly to travel to places faster and dodge attacks. They don't eat much and their food can be found almost anywhere (but of course they don't have to eat bugs). It was also easier to throw the camo in there with the vest and all. And the fact that they're adorable just completes the package. The fact that they dance to odd music is just a bonus. 8D

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/12/2009 3:46 PM

You can enter up to two creatures I think o3o

And... Dood. How do you know I like the Civil war? D8 I mean I absolutely love it. I just... Have no clue how you know xD;;

Tsuki~ Looove the entry <3

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 08/12/2009 3:56 PM

I remembered you saying something about it in the Hellos and Goodbyes section so I looked it up to make sure and it was when you were going to a battle site with your dad I think.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/12/2009 4:03 PM

Oh! That was meh spring break trip thing x3 <3
I went to Manassas Virginia and Washington DC. That was a ton of fun~ :D

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/12/2009 4:32 PM

-lays claim to this spot- Mien. )<

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Albie
2. Eye Color: Emerald
3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: Click for colors/patters on a dragon sprite I stuck together from the guy in the next link Yes, that's a shamrock on the wristband. I fail at spriting things. oDo;;; Guy who made the dragon sprite put-together page
4. Accessories: A pair of dog tags that look sort of rusted, two very small silver earrings on the upper part of the left ear (my pic fails at that bit because tiny things in light gray + me = fail), and a (little, like that bunny one of Draiz's Khimera has) red panda plushie somewhere (laying on the back, held in the mouth, or sitting on the ground; it's really all up to you, Celtic).
5. Background Type (See below): White
6. Total Cost:$24, I thing.
7. Method of Payment (Paypal, Mail, etc.):

Based on an awesome concept by Baal's younger sister, the Albie was found roaming in the harsh, rocky environment of the mountains. They are highly enigmatic, love lots of attention, and are very spunky pets all around. They love to guard their owners at any cost and and are extremely loyal, like the Tali species. Evelon has even provided adorable armbands to properly adorn your brand new Albie!

Kay, so, not as many things in the description are helpful, buuut you kinda remind me of one when I think about it. You're kind, caring (I see gifties in my inbox from you!), and silly. And that's why I luff you. You said you like dogs, and Albies and Sahounds are the only ones that really strike me as an "all of the above" dog. (Plus I was doodling and the Albie was the cutest one I got. Sahounds' ears hate me. oDo).

Colors were taking from the list of things you like/use the most often (darker brown as a bit of a compliment and also to off-set all the bright colors). The pattern, well, it was just kinda what I drew in homeroom/French class. oPo Pretty though.

A shamrock on the wristband because we all need some clue as to who this really is.

The add-ons: Well, I was gonna do the dog tags anyways. Since your favorite war seems to be the Civil War (smack me if I'm stabbing at the wrong pool), they'd be old and probably a bit rusted. I imagine them as something you found while exploring a battlefield and you just kept them as a souvenir? And you said "Red Panda" yesterday with this after it: 8DDDDDD. I can only assume that they're one of your favorites, beyond the dog, cat and whatever else was on that list, by your reaction to your own typing. o333o

ilu

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby Middy » 08/12/2009 5:15 PM

-plops herself on this spot- I claim this post in the name of Middy!

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Dreamsnare Sygriff

2. Eye Color: Stays the same.

3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.)
Body: 1D262D
Underbelly: 468E83
Dreamsnare Markings: Stays the Same
Inner Ear/Beak: Stays the Same
Inner Wings: #173A43/#346154
Tail Tuft: #3D3556
Metal/Clockwork Markings: Stays the Same

4. Accessories: A necklace with a silver celtic knot much like This
A tattoo on the rump like This Color- #3B544A

A small ribbon wrapped around the front wrist. #B47EA9

Color Scheme

Total: About $21

Why the Sygriff?
A noble and enigmatic species, the Sygriff are interesting creatures in that in some instances, they have been known to slow or quicken time around themselves and those within radius. Sygriffs are also quite passionate in whatever they do, often quarreling to defend what they believe is right and true, using their wings to appear more imposing. Despite this side, they are actually very easy to get along with and go great with children.

I always see you as being a Sygriff,  I must say you can be a mystery at times yourself often hiding so much about you aside from what we see normally. Mostly the calm and playful side of you =3. They also seem to match your passion in what you do for sure, striving hard in what you do and making all of your characters feel real and likable. Oh the plus side you do defend yourself, and are certainly not a person that can be pushed over. <3
The reason why I picked such an interesting color scheme is because of your name, Celtic. It made me imagine a druidic themed pet as well as adding celtic knots and the shades of green. Not sure how you feel about dark colors, but I feel that it does add a calming and mysterious effect to it.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Rin » 08/12/2009 5:17 PM

My entry~
1. What pet species do you want customized?: Kuhna
2. Eye Color: In the picture. -points below- 8D
3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where:
Picture with colors~
4. Accessories:
A necklace with a larimar stone in the shape of a tear drop. She also has a ankle bracelet on her left back leg with an infinity stone on a chain.  
Total: $21, I think? <8D
Why a kuhna? Honestly, the first idea of making your pet a kuhna came from your avvie, with the Ocelot. Plus, kuhnas strike me as so lively and playful, like you. :D I dunno, I'm bad at explaining things like this. But for some reason, whenever you said a "creature that represented you" my first thought was a kuhna. Maybe it's the adorable, goofy little looks on their faces that remind me of you. Just the youthfulness of it all. ^ ^;; -shot-
Now to explain myself! You already know why chose a kuhna, but as for the colors, you said you liked a mixture of cool and warm colors, like blue and tan, so that's what I did. I chose this blue because it wasn't crazy bright, but it wasn't a really subdued shade either. A pleasant, noticeable color that reminds me of your not really calm, but not extremely in-your-face personality. I put the gold in there to keep the whole color scheme feeling warm. C:
When it comes to the spots, you said you liked Ocelots, and that's what your avatar is, so that's what I did. But I tried to keep it from being totally ocelot-spotted, because then it's more unique to you.
And I included your signature jewelery, because its the perfect way to make the kuhna feel truly Celtic-y. 8D Feel free to edit with the color of the Infinity stone. ^ ^;;

Hope you it! I hope it wasn't too fail. o u o;;

You can see my heart, beating
You can see it through my chest
That I'm terrified, but I'm not leaving
Know that I must pass this test
So just pull the trigger.

Zoo Pen Art Stand

Lyrics from Rihanna, Rosso Family crest from Polaris. Avatar art from eiko-chan
Rin
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 247
Donate

Postby Icey » 08/12/2009 5:48 PM

My spot. |D~
[Why do we die?] (So you can live!)
[Why do we strive?]
(So you can win! But why did you defy every truthful word I recommend?)
[My question back, why do you recommend an ode temptation]

ImageImage
(So I can test your patience and tolerance in the face of sin)
[But why attest when you hold all the answers to the state we in?
(For you to bear witness of imperfections of mortal men)
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 66
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/12/2009 6:13 PM

Claimin' a spot. ^^

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/16/2009 3:58 PM

Kays People~ Time to get a moving on those entries oPo

I'll give you a max of a week D8 So get moving!

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/25/2009 12:12 AM

Alright, so I gave ya'll a chance at this, and now its judge time <3

Da winnah iiiiis... Azura

Now, I LOVE all the entries, but well.. As most of the accessories fit me, some of the colors didn't, and sometimes, I just couldn't see myself as that particular animal.
Such as the Kuhna. That entry is just AWESOME Rin, but I can't play Kuhna's at all... x.x (would ja mind if I made that kuhna though? D8)
Middy, I didn't choose you, even though I absolutely adore te Sygriff, I just didn't feel it. I like happier colors~
Okko, I love you dearly, but... Well honestly, I'm afraid that with Elli he would rot... D: And I don't really want that to happen .-. S'yah <3
Clack, I'm sorry, this entry is just luff, but the Batti... well I dun like Batti's xD And the color combo, just wasn't me... D:
Tuski... *snuggles* I didn't choose you because as I looove you entry.. The colors are awesome and all, but I do like brights, and Meji's... Well I just can't see myself as a Meji.

Y'all did a really great job without hints really. <3 You all should be really proud of your selves and I'll probably mix and match entries and stuff... <3

But yupp, congratz Azura <3

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rin » 08/25/2009 7:46 AM

Congrats, Azura. :D And sure you can use the design. I don't have to cash to get a custom kuhna anyways. o3o;; Just let me see him if you do get him. CX

You can see my heart, beating
You can see it through my chest
That I'm terrified, but I'm not leaving
Know that I must pass this test
So just pull the trigger.

Zoo Pen Art Stand

Lyrics from Rihanna, Rosso Family crest from Polaris. Avatar art from eiko-chan
Rin
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 247
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/27/2009 6:18 PM

-wiggles on Celtic- You know he's loved~
I actually wasn't sure I'd win with all the other entries being so friggin' awesome. o3o So cool~

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Next