If you would like to host your own contest, this is the forum for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Contests

Millie's Contest

Postby MillietheWarrior » 10/25/2009 4:00 AM

--Story Contest--

Hiyo! So, this is my first contest EVAR! I’m super excited for this, and to see what everyone comes up with. I know it’ll be awesome stuff.

Participants:

The story must be about these two right here.
ImageImage
Thyla Goldenbur (Sightless Kuhna) --- Kyknomie Goldenbur (Bred Lucain, Nomi)

What I Want:

A story. I’d love to have a story about the two of them (Heck, if you wanna throw in art, you can too! But it‘s not a requirement). Doesn’t matter what it’s about. It can be fluffy, scary, emotional, etc. As long as it depicts the two of them. The Kuhna is Kyknomie’s adopted daughter. She is half-vampire, blind, and has ’special powers’ meaning, psychic abilities. She can move stuff with her mind, sense emotions, has a thirst for blood, can sense things before they happen, can influence minds, etc. Nomi’s husband/life mate is Nomad (Naming him for ref, if anyone wants to know), who is, for all intents and purposes, a soldier (Technically a Clone soldier, but we’re just gonna say solider in general so no one is confused. Forget Star Wars; just think ‘solider.’). Nomi also doesn't know her parents. She's been really sick since she was little, with a weak immune system, so they 'left' her when they couldn't afford to pay her bills. She lived on her own in Jawan in a house boat, but had to sell all her belongings and home to pay for her hospital bills. Now she lives at a military base with her best friend Merilyn (Kal's Merilyn) and Nomad. So, at the point of whatever story you’d like to write, Nomi is 21, and her daughter is 3. They must be in human form. So have at it!

Human Forms:

Nomi
Thyla

Now, onto the really, really important part.

You guessed it…

PRIZES!

But there’s a catch.

Requirement:

Before you get the grand prize (Should you be chosen) I’d like to hear your plans for her. Since she’s been rotting a while, she needs to have an RPer who is active, who won’t poof, and who would be willing to toss her back at me if they ever left/became inactive/didn’t want her anymore (This is also a requirement. She comes back to me if you know you are leaving for good/are going inactive for good/or don‘t want her anymore). Just give me a little description of what you plan to do with her, why you want her, or what her personality might be. Remember, I’d like her RPer to be active. Don’t just say “OMG MEKKA!” and jump into the contest just to have a Mekkayena. I wanna see her Rped, yo. That’s all I ask.

Prizes:

First Place: Custom Mekkayena
This one
Second Place: Spangled Kuhna and 10 KS
This one
Third Place: Sleepyheart and 50 KS
This one

Ending Date:

November 18th (May be extended or shortened, depending on entries)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Millie's Contest

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/25/2009 7:13 PM

I be claiming this here spot~ 8D

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Pyris » 10/26/2009 11:46 PM

Questions!

If you get first, and you want a different prize (like the third place prize, or if you want to offer something else equally adorable), is that okay?

If you get first, and you want the third place prize (because it's cuter and you don't like mekkayenas), is that okay?

And I'm a little confused.  Nomi is Kyknomie Goldenbur's nickname?  Is Thyla three of Kyknomie's real daughter three?  How old is Thyla then?  If the daughter is 3, how did she live on her own before living in the military base?  If Thlya is three, then how old is the daughter?  

Sorry for all the questions.  I had somewhat of an idea, and I'm not sure I can write it out without a little more information.  *is still debating entering as well*
Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 10/27/2009 12:32 AM

Your wording is really confusing me in the last question.

1. No, you can’t pick a different prize. Each prize is allotted to it’s own slot.
2. Nomi is Kyknomie’s nickname. Did you read the information up there? It states that Thyla is Nomi’s adopted daughter. It also says Thyla should be three at whatever point your story takes place.
3. Nomi has been living at the base for three years, since it’s been three years since she adopted her daughter.

Please make sure you read all the information provided.

Also, for anyone who wants, I can provide more information. Either post here or PM me about the specific subject you’d like more info on, and I’ll fill you in best I can.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 10/27/2009 12:48 AM

Forgive me, I misread it, for some reason thinking there were two children when you were talking about Nomi's childhood.  *absent-minded sometimes*

Two more questions.  (Sorry for annoying you with senseless questions; I just want to make sure I get the setting alright.)

How did Thyla meet Nomi?  This one may be stupid, but which one is the vampire; Thyla, right?
Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 10/27/2009 12:53 AM

How Thyla met Nomi is still a mystery, although really, Nomi found her in the woods in a small basket with a note attatched, during a rainstorm. (But shhh, she doesn't know that yet...X3) Nomi doesn't know it, but Thyla was purposefully placed there for reasons unknown.

Yes, Thyla is the half-vampire.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 10/28/2009 9:19 PM

Heya! I might try my hand at writing a story, although I'm making no promises. Halloween at Evelon really has my muse distracted. I don't know if I'll be able to get her focused until they put the candy away.

Muse: You talk about me like I'm a spoiled little kid. :angry:

Stop acting like one, and I'll stop treating you like one... *sighs* Anyway, a few questions. What kind of personalities do they have? Is Thyla quiet, shy, boisterous, sullen, curious? Where is the base's location? What's the terrain/weather like? (this doesn't have to be extremely detailed; a few adjectives will do.)
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 10/28/2009 9:36 PM

Thyla is pretty shy and quiet, yes. She tends to stay away from other children and keeps more to herself due to her strange abilities. She is being taught by Vidown Mai (You can find him in muh pen on...the 3rd page I believe) to control her powers, so she spends most of her time with her family and her teacher. But she's really timid, despite being powerful. She enjoys her powers and thinks they're funny. X3

Nomi’s personality can be found on page 3 of my pen as well.

The base is in…Terrace Park. X3 Well, sorta. It’s more like, closer to Lambastia, but kinda in the middle. Sorta like, in the wilderness with no real defining location. But the closest town is one in Terrace park. It has no name, so you can be as creative as you want with it.

It has regular seasons. At the moment, it’s pretty much fall and rains a LOT. It has a huge meadow with tall grass in front of it and is surrounded by a forest.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 10/29/2009 4:46 AM

I'm afraid I'm back again, with yet another question.  What are Merilyn and Nomad's basic personality?  Nomad is a soldier, but what kind?  Is he high rank or low?  Is Merilyn a soldier, too?
Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 10/29/2009 6:18 PM

Just a private, I'm afraid. The lowest rank in the army. He's training to be a sabotage expert. He's moody and distant, and tends to want to be alone (Or just with his family).

Edit: Thanks Kal! XD He'eres a brief Merilyn overview
Merilyn is very in-your-face--a limit pusher by all accounts. She enjoys finding what makes people squirm and exploiting it. There's almost nothing she's afraid of or intimidated by.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 11/06/2009 8:15 PM

My entry may be a bit late (depending on my availability).  However, if it is, though it'll be disqualified, you may still have the story.  I'll have today (A couple hours of it, anyway), Tuesday, and Wednesday to work on it.  I am uncertain if this will be enough time.  If I don't finish in time, I'll inform you via PM when it is complete.  And, I'm afraid I have one more question.  What do the human forms of Merilyn, Vidown Mai, and Nomad look like?  A basic description does me just as much good as a picture, so either is fine.

Here's what I have so far.  (Only a couple of paragraphs.)

If you want me to make any changes to the introductions (I have excerpts of your contest post there), please tell me.
Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/11/2009 3:40 AM

Just gonna remind everyone that tomorrow (Technically ‘today’ in about 30 minutes where I live), the 11th, is the last day for entries.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/12/2009 10:09 PM

Er, well, sicne Pyris has not finished her entry, and no one else has entered, then I'll push the date back a few days. The ending date is now on
EDIT::
November 18th

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/18/2009 7:42 PM

Last day to enter. ^^

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 11/18/2009 11:22 PM

I'm pleased to announced, I'm finished.  *worked on it all day*  I wish it were better, but I doubt I'll ever really be satisfied with it, so... *shoves story your way*  All yours.  

The Unveiling

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next