If you would like to host your own contest, this is the forum for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Contests

The New Year's Evelon Pageant Sign-ups!

Postby Pyris » 01/04/2010 11:02 AM

For those of you who didn't travel here from The Slums, this sign-ups for the New Year's Evelon Pageant.  There are only 10 slots, so sign up fast! ;)

Once again, there are 4 Categories: Personality, Presentation, Performance, and Purity.  After that, there is one last round for the Category winners.   The Pageant rules and other info can be located Here.

If you'd like to make a contribution, please PM Pyris.

Here's what I need from you.

Code: Select all
[u]Name:[/u]
[u]Gender:[/u]
[u]Color/Species:[/u]
[u]A Description:[/u]
[u]Any Questions?[/u]

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Re: The New Year's Evelon Pageant Sign-ups!

Postby SpringsSong » 01/04/2010 12:45 PM

Name(s): Ath'yeri and Giada
Color/Species: Grim; Butterfly/Flame; Celestial/Chaos and Fairy; Butterfly/Feathered; Celestial/Chaos
A Description: Ath'yeri's blood parents didn't care for each other much, so they didn't actually raise Ath'yeri. When this young Paragon hatched, she was carefully guarded by two Slicer tails and a Flame tail, belonging to Aila, Deraj, and Ariana; her adoptive parents. When Ath'yeri began showing an interest in fire by always chasing Aila's tail, or staring in amazement when Aila would practice making fire-mirages or heat shimmers, Aila took her in under her wing and began training her as a fire elemental.

When Ath'yeri grew, her adoptive parents felt rather sorry for her because of two facts: she was now a Grim and she had Fairy wings. However, Yeri didn't seem to have any problems with this. Aila asked her how she would deal with these two contrasting elements of her, and Yeri calmly said, "Just 'cause I got these girly wings don't mean I won't take you down if ya get on my bad side!"

Since then, Yeri has been training under Aila's direction as a fire elemental, creating heat-shimmers and fire-mirages by using the silver-ish flames on her tail.
and Giada might not be as rash as her sister, but at the same time, she's also not as against her blood father as Ath'yeri is. In fact, Giada has no problems with the fact that her blood father tried to kill her adopted parents, but that's mostly because of the fact that she, unlike Yeri, understands the complexities of the Pantheon and the story behind why Yesac was after Aila. She is not as afraid of being frowned upon because of her heritage, but she has some small fear that because of her ties with the God of Death, she might never find a family.

Unbeknowst to her, Giada is a Re'klettan Demigoddess, however; her powers are more like that of a full-fledged Goddess. She does not know exactly what they are yet, but that they only work when Ath'yeri is around.

Any Questions? Nope~
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 01/04/2010 1:23 PM

Name: Majimono (Maji)
Color/Species: Cursed Fenling
A Description: This particular Fenling has quite an evil streak, her full name is Majimono, but she prefers to be called Maji, she loves playing mean tricks on others and trying to scare them, usually she is quite well behaved as Yumeuranai her best friend for life is able to keep her on the right side of evil. No one knows how Maji and Yume became such good friends, Maji usually scares everyone else off within minutes of meeting her, but the energetic Yonyuu follows her around everywhere. When Yume and Maji are seperated for any period of time Maji becomes more and more evil until they are reunited. She has the ability to see visions of the future but this ability is sporadic at best, she rarely helps anyone out with the information gleaned from her visions, but may do so if she finds them (the visions or the pets in the visions) intriguing enough.
Any Questions? I don't think so...
ImageImage

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

The world is alive now, in and outside our home

You run through the forest, settle before the sun

Darling, I can barely remember you beside me

You should come back home, back on your own now

Song: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood
AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 684
Donate

Postby Rabid » 01/04/2010 3:58 PM

Name: Lie
Color/Species: Cake Kuhna
A Description: Lie is a very sweet kuhna, often going out of his way to make those he cares about happy. He's very kind and sympathetic, and will do his best to make others feel better, even if he doesn't really know them. He does these things because he strongly believes in the golden rule. Despite this belief, he isn't cruel to others as they were to him at one point. He prefers not to talk, because people often leave thanks to his speech disorder. He's a recluse, often keeping away from those he's not familiar with for fear of more cruelty. He will, however, interact if forced to. He has very strong abandonment issues, and hates being alone with his entire being.
Any Questions? Do you want fries with that? :D

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/04/2010 5:07 PM

Name: Runt
Color/Species: Kirund
A Description:
The youngest Kirund ever seen roaming the lands, this little guy is rarely seen away from Oimohe's side. By far worse than any shadow could ever be, this mutt comes with a bite. Of course, said bite is usually only meant in a playful way even if it does harm you on accident. He has no real name but is called Runt by most just for the pure reason that he's much smaller than all of the others at the current time. He appears to be roughly the size of a large dog, compared to the rest that easily tower over a man. Oddly enough, he's almost nothing like his Kirund brethren. He's just a simple, hyper puppy, though rotting, that wants to be loved and will do anything for his owner.
Any Questions? Uhm~ I don't really have a 'pen keeper'. Is it alright if Eivr is the one that brings him in? She would be the closest thing he would have to a keeper other than Oimohe, who wouldn't come here.

(His description will probably be more detailed once it's time to post in the actual pageant.)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Silversky » 01/04/2010 5:17 PM

Name: Veritas
Color/Species: Preitor Kuhna
A Description: Veritas knows that he has a destiny. There was a prophecy, long ago, that said, When the stars have fallen and the light is eclipsed, the savior of the truth will be revealed.
He has a pure heart, and inside he can sense that there's something special about him. Knowing he can make a difference in others' lives is one thing, but actually doing something about it is another. Veritas is a kuhna who, once he knows how, will do all in his power to actually do something.
He has a very strong sense of justice and morality. Veritas will always defend the weak or the innocent, no matter what the circumstances. He is quick to trust people, for he believes that everyone has some good somewhere inside them. This can lead to trouble, for the world isn't as good as he would like to think.
He loves to watch the stars, and he looks to the sky for answers. He met a Reiz Kuhna, Asteri, on a night of shooting stars, and he actually found part of a fallen star, a meteorite. He carries it with him at all times.
(this hasn't actually happened in the roleplay he's in yet, but it will, so...)
He seeks knowledge and truth, and he seeks an answer to who he truly is. He has questions that he would spend his whole life trying to find the answer to, if neccisary. His name means truth.
He also seems to have this strange ability to slow down time around him, for a little while, to almost freeze special moments and keep them in his mind forever.
Any Questions? I don't think so. =)

All my life, I wish I broke mirrors,
Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience
Staring right back at me.

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/04/2010 5:22 PM

Name: Garnet
Color/Species: Paragon
A Description: Garnet is often very flirtatious in order to get what she wants. She is incredibly manipulative but often comes across as sweet and sometimes even innocent. She is an excellent liar. She is not often cruel but it's certainly safer to stay on her good side. She can, when angered, be very dangerous. She has no problem stealing the things she wants. To her disdain, she often becomes close to those she wants to manipulate. She has a difficult time not getting attatched to anyone that she is around often. She is incredibly open minded and can befriend nearly anyone.
Any Questions? Nope. :3

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/04/2010 5:37 PM

Name: Midnight Draconia
Color/Species: : Black/Blue/Purple Lucain
A Description: A cold hearted and cruel mistress who is always striving for power. She is very vain and usually kills whoever says the wrong thing to her, devouring their soul for her own needs. Midnight is often times called the devil, because of her ruthless and ill nature towards others never showing any sign of being caring to another… so they say.
This is untrue, she claims. Midnight has a total of 11 children all representing a sign of the apocalypse with herself heralding as Death.
Where Midnight originally comes from (my universe/novel world), she is said to be death the true essence of it and the mother of the Necromatic arts. She weaves a web of horrors, death, destruction, and pain and suffering all for her own pleasure.

Another side of Midnight is actually her prime insanity, spending a lot of her time in her lab tinkering with genetics and manipulating creatures to her own liking. Often time creating new undead creatures for her to command.

((This is just a small portion about Midnight, mostly the key things someone would need to know))

Any Questions? Nope~
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Pyris » 01/04/2010 5:44 PM

Alright everyone, that leaves four slots, for anyone who isn't counting.  ^.^  I'll be sending everyone who's posted their PM now.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/04/2010 5:55 PM

Name: Qian Nagori
Color/Species: Lucain
A Description: Over a thousand years ago, the Chinese goddess Kuan Yin descended into hell, disturbed by the cries of those imprisoned there. A great compassion welled up within her when she saw their plight, and she released all the good karma she had built up during her lifetime, taking their guilt upon herself. Thus, Kuan Yin freed many souls from their torment and gave them access to Heaven. Yanluo, the ruler of Hell, was angered by the loss of so many souls. In an act of vengeance, he sent Kuan Yin to Earth, taking her memories and condemning her to spend life after life stuck within the human process of reincarnation until he considered her debt repaid. (the original legend of Kuan Yin can be found here)

In this life, she is known as Qian Nagori, and other than some very strange dreams, she has no recollection of her life as a goddess. She works as a field medic for the Republic, tending the fallen soldiers until they can be transferred to a hospital. She has a calm, soothing manner, and can keep her head even in the most chaotic of situations. This quality has raised her to a position of authority among the field medics, and others look to her for instruction when headquarters fails to send specific orders. Her knowledge of medicine is superior, and she is good at improvising with the supplies on hand. Soldiers swear that their wounds heal faster than is normal when she tends them, but she passes this off as flattery. (A leftover trait from her previous existence, perhaps?) Although she is often in the midst of the fighting, Qian refuses to carry a weapon, thinking it would be hypocritical to heal one man and wound another. She has even tended the occasional enemy soldier, something the higher-ups would disapprove of it they discovered it.
Any Questions? Nope. :)
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Redd » 01/04/2010 6:07 PM

Name: Florence
Color/Species: Preluhna
A Description:
While Florence seems pretty innocent with his boyish charm and polite British accent, his motives underneath are not easily guessed, and as he is Yoru's right hand man, they are bound not to be good.

In all truthfulness, Florence is a tortured Angel. He knows what he does is wrong, and he detests doing what Yorutanekke tells him to do but he is powerless to stop it. At the back of his mind, is an evil presence that forces him to follow through with his orders and to support Yoru, and it also occasionally takes control of his mind if Florence decides to fight back.
Florence doesn't actually know if this dark personality is a manifestation of his own mind, whether its a dark spirit within the rings that he feels compelled to always wear or whether it came from Yoru.

Any Questions? Uh.. nope? =3

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 01/04/2010 6:23 PM

Name: Grendel
Color/Species: Paragon
A Description: Grendel is someone who is so evil, Hell itself refused to accept him. As a result, he now roams the earth as an undead, every single bit as evil as he was in life. He spends his time hoarding gold, terrorizing any local village he sees, and wooing females for the kids. He intends to start a war of Evelonian succession, and perhaps even a cult around himself. Be careful not to get on his bad side....
Any Questions? Nope.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4526
Donate

Postby Pyris » 01/04/2010 6:46 PM

I'm afraid that's all the entries, folks.  However, any contributions you'd like to make are very welcome indeed.  ^.^

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate