If you would like to host your own contest, this is the forum for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Contests

Pet Giveaway/Contest!! (CLOSED)

Postby jobiehanna » 06/21/2011 8:12 PM

A Contest!! :3
As you are walking along in a forest, a voice calls out to you. "Hello," the voice says cheerfully. "Why don't you come over here a minute?" You turn and see am oddly stripped fenling trying to get your attention. It's oddness attracts your attention, so you go over to where it is sitting on a stump. There are several cages around filled with different animals, and several other stumps. Perhaps for a place to sit?
"My name is Sophia, and I've got a contest for ya!" She pulls out a piece of paper and shoves it into your hands before you can protest. "These pets need good homes; my owner feels that she can no longer care for them, so she's going to give them away in a contest like thing, but first, I've got a list of rules she wants me to show everyone. There is also a form you have to fill out, and, don't forget about a secret word you're supposed to know." She winks and lets you to your reading.
As you go to sit on a nearby stump, she calls out, "Don't forget to hand the form in!" You nod your head and begin to read the list.

Rules
1. You may apply for more than one pet, I'm just trying to get some of these guys out of my pen. I can't think of anything for them, but maybe you can.
2. Don't forget to fill out the below form! And don't forget to put 'spiral' somewhere in the form either. *wink*
3. The form below will help me if there are any 2 or more people that want the same pet, so please fill it out. :)
4. I'm not very picky. So, pretty much anything you put will get you a pet.
5. Please don't beg or complain.
6. I think that's it. But, I changed my mind. Make the word... triangle.

END DATE: Um... how about June 25th? That sounds good. :P

Form
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Pet you'd like to adopt:[/b]
[b]Reason for adopting (optional):[/b]
[b]Any character ideas for this pet (optional):[/b]

The Pets
-CLOSED-

Note: The names in (parentheses) are the people interested in the pets so far.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Pet Giveaway/Contest!! (All kinds of pets :3)

Postby HunnyBun » 06/21/2011 8:19 PM

Username: haunting-ur-nightmares
Pet you'd like to adopt: Albino Merham and Ominous Myu Reaper
Reason for adopting (optional): I love the Myuu's and just need the Ominous to finish my collection. And I've always wanted an adorable Albino Merham, but never get a chance to snag one.
Any character ideas for this pet (optional): Uh, not as of yet, but I will come up with one when I stare at them for an hour in my pen XD

What was with the triangle? o3o

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby [P]olaroid. » 06/21/2011 8:34 PM

Username: [P]olaroid.
   Pet you'd like to adopt: Rabbot SS2
   -cough- EDIT triangles yo
I . A M . B E C O M E . D E A T H . D E S T R O Y E R . O F . W O R L D S
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ZOO PEN || ART SHOPPE

[P]olaroid.
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 403
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/21/2011 8:42 PM

-pokes [P]olaroid.- You might want to re-read rule number 6. ;)

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/21/2011 8:42 PM

Username: zapdragon555
Pet you'd like to adopt: Bramble Penticorn
Reason for adopting (optional): I've never really had a good idea for a horse character, but for some reason this time's different~ xD Plus I think the Bramble Penticorn is very pretty~ c:
Any character ideas for this pet (optional): She would be a friend to my Lucain, Arano (the one in my signature), as well as an apprentice of sorts. She met him in the forest and found his powers fascinating, and asked to learn from him. Not a very fleshed out character idea, but I'm working on it~ xD

Now, the triangles are the pointy ones, right? D8 -shot-

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Cookie » 06/21/2011 9:00 PM

Username: Cookie
Pet you'd like to adopt: Puffy Purple Piyo and Albino Piyo
Reason for adopting (optional): I have an idea for piyo's, gonna try to collect them all o3o
Any character ideas for this pet (optional): Gonna make them friends with my Diosol :3 Little birdy buddies that she takes care of.

Triangles are too pointy for me :l
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 9:22 PM

Username: probably Chayden :B
Pet you'd like to adopt: Bramble Penticorn!
Reason for adopting (optional): so she can be Ever O3O
Any character ideas for this pet (optional): Ever, the main character from my novel Antidrug!
I think you might know a bit about her [/wink], but I'll tell you anyway:
For one, she's in love with triangles. ;p
She's a relentless and opinionated girl who is extremely attached to her makeshift family. She'd do anything for them - anything. She hates how the government is using the drug Polynecthrin to oppress its people, and is willing to die to see their horrible reign ended.
Since childhood, Ever has been training herself to be a fighter. She has progressed so far as to be apathetic toward killing, even if her weapon is something intimate, like a knife. She does not fear consequence, or fate, for that matter.
Her one notable physical characteristic is her pointed ears, which are chopped off at one point to make her less conspicuous in the fight to take down Polynecthrin.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Postby Remedy » 06/21/2011 9:26 PM

Username: Pickle
Pet you'd like to adopt: Rabbot SS2 and (one) Neuleef ;D
Reason for adopting (optional): They're pretty.  -shot-  <3 I love Neuleefs, though I have plenty to spare.  So I don't actually /need/ the Neuleef, but I would be able to give her a good home.  I also took one look at the two of them and immediately had character ideas for them.  :D!  I'd have a lot of fun with these two, yes.  :3

Any character ideas for this pet (optional): (I probably didn't need to type all of this up, but... well.  Triangles.  8|)

Although his certain species is known quite well for loyalty, Orion(Rabbot SS2) doesn't have someone to be loyal to.  His previous owner was a well known bounty hunter with him as his sidekick, making a living by turning in wanted criminals.  At one point during their adventures, this man fell ill and died not too long after.  Since then, Orion has aspired to become as good of a bounty hunter as him, bringing in criminals and dealing justice to the world.  However, he's been troubled with a problem.  Orion, from the beginning, never really had much strength.  The only things he had that were really useful were brains... and screaming.

Yes, screaming.  
It's a trait his species carries; the ability to screech so loud and in such a high pitch that it will make anyone in earshot become stunned and deaf.  He can only truely use this when frightened enough, however.  Recently he's been trying to control screeching that loud and high-pitched, but has always ended up with nothing more than a girlish squeal.  
With his strong determination for reaching his goal, Orion has been able to push onwards dispite his countless fails.  He has already begun seeking out criminals, but is only attempting to capture the smallest ones.  Just for the time being, though.  Someday he'll make it to be able to take on any wanted criminal with no hesitation!  That's what he dreams of, anyway.

During his year alone, he found a new friend to become his sidekick.  After all, every great bounty hunter needs a sidekick, right?  Or maybe that's just superheros... but aren't they the same thing?
The creature he's teamed up with wouldn't seem like much of a help, though.  She's a Neuleef named Lori.  She's quite a dimwitted and weak character, not to mention clumsy.  Lori's very energetic and playful as well, and constantly gets in the way of things.  She's completely attached to Orion, though, and he doesn't have the heart to get rid of her... even if she occasionally messes up his plans and traps set for criminals.  He still has faith in her, just like his master had for him.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/21/2011 9:33 PM

So far, HUN, Zapdragon555, Chayden and Pickle have been added to the list. [P]olaroid and Cookie are forgetting something though. ;)

And I'm loving the character ideas. :3

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 06/21/2011 10:01 PM

Username: IndigoBook
Pet you'd like to adopt: Cotton Trumpetter, Ominous Myu Reaper
Reason for adopting (optional): Sentient stuffed animals are awesome. As for the Myu...I like cats? Uhh.
Any character ideas for this pet (optional): Trumpetter: Raleigh wants to help, oh yes, and he is very loud about it. Persistent, too. If he thinks you're in a jam, you're bound to get advice from him, usually without provocation or warning. Sometimes he knows what he's talking about, of course; his area of expertise is monsters, however, which is not broadly applicable, and even there he's not particularly well-informed. He also withholds assistance unless asked for it or he really thinks you need it, which is not common; he's optimistic enough to believe that most people can get out of any situation with a little applied thought. He recognizes that being pounced on by a Taigra is fairly dire, but more subtle than that? Not so much. He claims to have a perfect memory up until you need him to use it, since he doesn't really, and he can't give you directions, although he will try. Much of his assistance is misdirected or otherwise useless, and often accompanied by a cry of "Stop helping me!"
Raleigh belongs to Naomi, which explains his knowledge of monsters, and does his best to help her, which fails to explain his incompetence.

Myu Reaper: Naomi loves monster movies. She rushes to the theater when a new one comes out, Raleigh in tow, and will rent several of them to get her through the week when none have appeared recently. Problem is, she tends to think of them as an authority on monsters, which is problematic because they're really, really not. And, of course, what have these movies led Naomi to want to be? A monster hunter. So, between movies, she travels to increasingly exotic locations in search of monsters known and unknown, armed with a sword she can't hold and a blowgun--oh, and Raleigh, of course, much good will it do her. She is easily excited, somewhat hyper, and very, very naïve. Despite the many dangerous situations she has barely escaped, occasionally with scars now hidden under her fur, Naomi continues to travel in search of monsters. One day, she's certain, she'll catch one and become famous, and then they'll make a movie about her; what could be better than to become well-known through her favorite medium? But the fame is secondary to the monster-hunting itself, which she finds greatly entertaining.

Triangles...

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 06/22/2011 5:29 AM

Username: kabuto_rocks
Pet you'd like to adopt: Puffy Piyo
Reason for adopting (optional): It is my goal to collect the whole set of Puffy Piyo for a group character idea I have. More details can be found on the last page of my pen but essentially they're a gang of people who go around painting things bright colour to keep the Easter spirit alive all year long and to make others happy
Any character ideas for this pet (optional): This Piyo would be a boy, called either Tyrian or Loganberry (not sure which-Loganberry would be shortened to Logan) He would be quite quiet and self-conscious about being a 'girly' colour but he would be the most creative of all the Piyos and the one who comes up with the best ideas. He would be a big dreamer and secretly have a rebellious side although he would appear to be the one with the most doubts. Among the group he'd feel a bit out of place (sort of like a triangle among circles) but he'd also know it was the only place he'd want to be
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Cookie » 06/22/2011 11:07 AM

Sorry, I had forgot about it when I was typing it all up XD I added it now though~
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby jackie125 » 06/22/2011 2:38 PM

Username:Jackie125
   Pet you'd like to adopt: Neuleef, Evercold
   Reason for adopting (optional): I need them for a plot
   Any character ideas for this pet (optional):
EDIT: Triangles are one of my favorite shapes.
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Postby Remedy » 06/22/2011 3:47 PM

Back again!  I hope that's alright.  :3  Triiiiangles~

Username: Pickle
Pet you'd like to adopt: Bilby Rollaby
Reason for adopting (optional): I just thought of a character idea for her that will probably have something to do with the other two pets I listed before.  :3

Any character ideas for this pet (optional):
Elina appears to be one of the most cunning thieves out there.  The image of her face is not very well known by people, though.  However, that isn't a bad thing; it just means she's never been caught or seen in action.  With her exceptional intellegence and burrowing skills, she is a master of breaking and entering.  Her small size and youth adds to her speed, and before anyone knows it all valuables in someone's home could be gone in the blink of the eye with only a scrap of paper bearing her signiture mark left behind.  
Although she would seem like a horrible person, Elina has a great respect for people's homes and always leaves everything exactly the way she found them... except the things she steals, of course.  Unlike most other thieves, she leaves behind no broken windows, trashed rooms, or even muddy track marks from traveling in her burrows.  This leaves the police in a cloud of confusion.  Despite the little known of her, she is a wanted criminal.  The only image they have than can be shown on posters is of her signiture mark always left behind.  Because they have no way for anyone who captures this thief to be able to prove it's really her, the police force investigating her crimes are currently only asking the public for any information they can gather.  (If I get her, I'll probably draw a picture of this "signature mark" that I mentioned a few times.  :3)

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 06/22/2011 5:38 PM

*hops in*  o Do

Username: SkyWolf11
Pet you'd like to adopt: Bramble Penticorn
Reason for adopting (optional): To be my boy Deskarr's loyal mount.  He's a prince, you know.  xD  *shot*  And I've been looking for a Penticorn to fit with him and a Bramble Penticorn looks like a nice choice.  o vo  It's rare so maybe more suiting for a person of royal blood.
Any character ideas for this pet (optional): To be my prince character Deskarr's loyal mount that will accompany him almost everywhere.  But I plan on making him quite stubborn, only letting Deskarr near him and ride him.  And sort of like a protector to him as well as Deskarr isn't very skilled in fighting.  He definitely won't just be some dumb animal you can ride.  xD  I haven't set a set-in-stone character for him yet but I'll make sure he gets one in time.~  :3

And don't you just love those little triangle shaped dinner bells thingies?  :B
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Next