If you would like to host your own contest, this is the forum for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Contests

.::.Judging.::.

Postby robopup24 » 01/22/2008 9:00 PM

ImageImage
As you can see above, Athlaas and...uh...'Needs-a-Name' needs a few things! So, the main objective of this contest:

-Objectives-
-Name the Polly
-Create a history for Athlaas or the Polly...or both! (A helpful info: the symbols on them are birthmarks.)

And the prize?
100 KS!

-Guidelines-
Stories must be at least 500 words. It's fine to include other Evelon Pets or your own in them ^ ^

Well...that's pretty much it! Go for it!

End Date: February 1, 2008

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/22/2008 9:02 PM

Names for polly:

Omen
Signs
Speaker
Itol
Sylo
Tickin

Those are just a few....  :)  :D

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/22/2008 9:36 PM

Just to make it clear, you must name the Polly and create a backstory for one/both of them.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 01/22/2008 10:25 PM

Names for Polly:

Scarred
Ilithien
Umel
Radius
Janara
Quis
Heran
Kygol
Berili
Nano
Aqua
Teal

History for Polly:

Some time ago, deep in the Tengel Rainforest, a Polly named *insertnamehere* was born. This particular Evelon creature was very special, as it had an interesting birthmark upon its back. The mark could be described as mysterious, with a circle at the tallest height, and three lines raining down from the center. The two side lines were rather short, but the center mark was quite long, almost like a scar scathing its back. During the first part of its life, the Polly took no notice to its mark, but as it grew older things began to change. The scar began to hurt, and the pain grew increasingly excruciating each day the poor creature awoke, fell asleep, or even moved at all for that matter. In desperation, thinking that leaving the rainforest would solve all of its problems, the Polly left the Tengel Rainforest and headed for the Town of Nabias.

It took the Polly many days and nights to reach Nabias, but when it did finally arrive it was so hungry that it fainted and fell out of the sky. Next thing the creature new, it woke up to find that it had been saved and rescued by a young orphan and her pet kuhna, who ran a vegetable market shop in Nabias. As the Polly's injuries would take time to heal, it agreed to stay and help run the veggie market. It was the least the Polly could do to repay the girl's kindness. Every morning, as the girl and the kuhna prepared the shop, they found that the shop was all ready to be opened. It'd been cleaned to perfection, restocked with vegetables, and numerous signs had been placed outside the market. They all said things like: "Open for business!" or "A veggie a day keeps the health monster away!" And the biggest sign of all had big, plastered-on letters that read: "~The Veggie Haven~ Good food for you and your pets!" Strangely, however, when the girl and the kuhna searched for the Polly, it was sleeping soundly upon its wooden perch.

One day, the Polly's good deeds were discovered by the kuhna, who awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of a very large hammer. When he stepped outside the shop, sure enough, there was the Polly painting an advertisement sign. The orphan was grateful for the Polly's help, and the kuhna became the best of friends with the Polly.

Sadly, the orphan and the kuhna left Nabias to go adventuring, as did the Polly. But the Polly did not accompany the two other travelers. Instead, it proceeded to wander around all of Barakka searching for the answers to the mystery of its birth scar.

A time after the Polly began its new adventures, it reached a city called Lamenolai in the land of Barakka. This city was the home of the guardians, and the headquarters for Purine recruitment. When the Polly heard about signing up for war, of course it wanted to join the Purines. But alas, it had no trainer and recruitment would be soon closed anway. The Polly had no reason to stay in Lamenolai any longer; it'd already stocked up on supplies for the journey ahead.

After the disappointment in the City of the Guardians, the Polly once again found itself in a strange new place. The Slums. And though the Polly had no idea to start with, The Slums was a very dodgy place. Bounty hunters of all nations came here to hunt down rare war pets. And sadly, the Polly was captured, for a very short time, by an inexperienced bounty hunter who forgot to lock the cage. Once free, the Polly fled immediately.

And still today, the Polly continues its daring adventures. Perhaps it'll meet you very soon...

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/24/2008 1:03 AM

I know, I was just eing nice, & giving you some.  :oops:

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Robo's Contest

Postby AliKat » 01/27/2008 1:11 PM

Soon after the war erupted, a certain adventurous Polly ventured too far from her home.  She lived in the rainforest surrounding the Nu'san Temple, in a lofty tree that appeared to touch the clouds.  One day, she was perched above the entrance to the temple, enjoying the soothing sounds of the wind through the trees.  However, the wind suddenly got the better of her and she was shoved into the temple.  She never came out again.  However, she did not die before her time.  She did, in fact, live to a ripe old age.  She wandered the corridors for the rest of her days.

But, one day, she laid an egg.  This little egg was completely unexpected; the mother had never even met a male.  The egg was a cobalt blue, with a strange figure ingrained into the shell.  It looked like a round mark with three tail-marks underneath it.  It looked almost like a curse-mark.  The mother was mystified by the egg.  How could she have laid an egg without a father?  It remains a mystery to this day...

However, the egg hatched without difficulty.  The hatchling was of the same shade as the egg; however, the mother was snow-white.  The hatchling also had the marking that was on the egg, only it was placed on its back.  The mother was puzzled by the marking.  The hatchling would always wonder what its mother was staring at, for it knew not of the scar that graced its back.  As time passed, the chick grew older, and he learned to fly.  Nightshade was still unaware of the Mark.  As he grew, the Mark did as well.  When he finally left his mother's nest, he was alone in the Temple.  The yawning darkness did not intimidate him, however.  He was comforted by the darkness, for he had lived his entire life within this darkness; it was not foreign to him.  After the moon had both waned and waxed, he found a light.  Light was unfamiliar to him, he was anxious around this new entity.  It encroached into his peaceful darkness; it consumed the comfort.  After a few days of caution, Nightshade gathered enough courage to approach this monster.

When he first left the Temple, Nightshade was daunted by the overwhelming size of this new world.  He gaped at the trees, the light, and the sky.  The forest attracted him; he dove immediately for the cover of shadows.  He carefully observed his new environment.  He was scared, yet he was drawn to this new world.  He had always been adventurous; maybe this was why he didn't want to hide again.  After an hour of ducking in the foliage, Nightshade took one precautious step into the light.  It was warm, a feeling Nightshade had never felt before.  He took another step; then another.  Soon, he was swamped by the light.  This light was comforting to him, yet it was foreign.  He wondered why he suddenly felt he was safe, and why the light now took the comforting place of the dark.  In his infantile glee, he leaped into the sky, flying with the wind.

In some part of Nightshade's unconscious mind, he was scared of flying.  Yet, he loved the feeling he felt; the feeling of being above the world.  He flew higher and faster, the wind soaring through his feathers.  Suddenly, he felt a jolt of power down his spine.  Then it came again.  He couldn't control his wings; he felt too much pain.  He fell from the sky, being whipped by each branch as he fell.  He fell, making a cloud of leaves fly up into the air.  He saw the sky, and then he was covered by darkness.

When Nightshade awoke, he saw a human looking down at him.  They looked worried; worried for him.  He drowned in darkness.  When he woke a second time, the same human was there.  They were talking to him soothingly.  They were telling him how he was safe now, how he must be scared.  Nightshade sat up, observing his new surroundings.  Yes, he would be safe here.

A few weeks later, the trainer asked Nightshade about his birthmark.  They wondered how he got it, and what it was.  He didn't know.  He is still on an endless search to find its meaning, and still is to this day.

~~~

This took me two days!  I hope you like it.  It's 723 words.  Sorry about the last two paragraphs; I didn't know if you wanted it to be gender-specific (about the trainer).
[center]
=^-^=
This is Kitty.
Copy him into your signature to help him take over the world.

Moonlight's Blizzard
Lv. 10

<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2302&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=">Zoo Pen</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2590">Breeder's Listing</a>[/center]
AliKat
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 79
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/03/2008 5:39 PM

Thank you all for entering! And the winner is...

Soriana!

Thank you all again for participating ^ ^

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 02/07/2008 1:50 AM

Yay! You're welcome, robopup! ^^

(P.S. Have fun with da Polly!)

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains