If you would like to host your own contest, this is the forum for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Contests

Story contest-by kakashinaruto(JUDGING)

Postby Rayinuya » 01/24/2008 12:14 AM

I need a story/personality description for my Lucain Ivy.*points to siggy*
I will provide a few deatils about her, then you write the story!

Name:Ivy
Markings:Striped,Shadebane
Personality(summed up):Intelligent,Quiet,Antisocial,Devious
Dislikes:Bright sunlight,most romantic stuff
Other:She dislikes being green and is suspicious of males.

.:.Prizes.:.
Grand Prize-A treasure taigra and some KS on the side
Second Prize-2 Lucain pups from one of my breedings
Third Prize-One Lucain pup from one of my breedings
Honarable Mention-A free breeding from my Kuhnas/Lucain

Sorry for sucky prizes,I'm not that rich in KS or pets.
NAME: Ivy
LEVEL: 8
Rayinuya
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 9
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/24/2008 6:20 PM

Ah, yes. A story! -thinks-

And what, might I ask, are the prizes?

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1057
Donate

Postby Rayinuya » 01/24/2008 8:34 PM

Azura Rayume wrote:Ah, yes. A story! -thinks-

And what, might I ask, are the prizes?

*slaps self* :oops:  I forgot to post the prizes! Let me add them up there.
Rayinuya
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 01/24/2008 10:13 PM

(Stories? My specialty!) *decides to write personality description*

Ivy

Ah, Ivy the lucain. Pretty as she may look upon first glance, it's a bit of a different story on the inside. Antisocial and quiet, two adjectives that I'd say describe Ivy quite well. Aside from that, she's not too fond of her own base fur color: green. Which may also add for her extreme dislike of males of any species.

Apart from Ivy's characteristics, let's take a moment to focus on her likes and dislikes. As per lucain, these can differ greatly, but Ivy's are very unique. Night is her favorite time of day, so to speak, and she enjoys bathing in the moonlight, and even taking moonlit walks. Sunsets are also a pleasure for Ivy, as are beautiful after-twilight stars. Shooting stars would be even more of a pleasure.

As for her dislikes, Ivy's not into that whole "kissy-kissy goo-goo" romance thing. In fact, it really does tick her off. Some may even compare her to a vampire (not literally, of course), in that she absolutely despises daylight and the shining sun. Awful, in her opinion.

Well, I do hope Ivy appeals to everyone she meets and makes plenty of new friends here in Evelon!

And that's the description! ^^

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/24/2008 11:19 PM

Personality Description

Ivy.

She is like the plant she is named after: beautiful, yet poisonous at the same time. The Striped and Shadebane Lucian has always been sneaky, distrustful of others...especially males. Past experience, past contacts with males have ended in disaster. A lesson has been pounded into her head: stay away from those males.

Ah, and when the night falls, the stars rise, and the sun sets, Ivy rules the night. The Lucian is skilled in the arts of thievery and guerilla warfare though she rarely put those skills in use. If one were to carefully follow her without being detected, which is near impossible, they would see that Ivy would walk through those moonlit paths, her teal eyes filled with joy.

Shove her into the daylight, though, into the harsh sun-lit world, and she shall resent it. Ivy is a creature of the night, a queen of the shadows. She is not to be chained to that sunny world, where the heat pounds on your fur, where the birds sing their raucous songs. She is to be free in the night, to be free in the cool and soft caress of the night breeze, to hear the hushed song of the crickets and owl and the rustle of grass.

Ivy hated her fur. Her bright green fur, streaked with another, lighter green. It didn't fit into the shadows, didn't fit with her lifestyle. It belonged to the thunderous day world, that world she loathed. If she could have changed its color, it would have been a smooth black that blended perfectly into the dusk.

Beautiful and poisonous, soft and secretive like a blooming black tulip, all this was rolled into one. It was the night's beauty, it was Ivy.

Ivy's Story
Running...the patter of paws coming after her...
Betrayed! She had been betrayed! The Lucian growled curses under her breath, sharp hatred rising in her. It wouldn't be long now until they found her and took back what was their's.
Never. Run, slip out through a tunnel. Vow revenge and escape to the welcoming night air...
He will pay for this. He will pay with his life.

Ivy awoke to the sound of the crickets, her fur wet with the dew that had gathered. The sun was setting, thank goodness. She squinted against the last of the dying rays, slowly getting up. The bright green Lucian briefly streatched, watching the fireflies beginning to flutter out of the trees. Ivy contently sighed, relaxing. This was her realm now. She ruled the night. As Ivy briskly walked in no particular direction, she reminded herself to snatch some tidbit from a stand to eat.
~*~

The Town of Nabias was silent, the only sound came from the gurgling stream that trickled through the thick stone. Ivy peered through the store windows, licking her lips at all the delicious food that was up for display.

"Ivy?"

That voice! Ivy whirled around, a snarl forming on her lips. Him. He was a timid looking Lucian, with an admirable Warrior coat, his feeble smile barely visible in the dark. "You." Ivy spat. "You didn't learn did you?"

The male seemed suddenly alarmed at this and stepped back, sweat condensing on his handsome black pelt. "I...That was the past. Can't we...make up?"

She struck like lightning. In an instant, the male was pinned to the ground, Ivy's fangs at his throat. "After what you did to me? Fat chance. Betrayal isn't forgiven easily." She glowered at him before snapping, "What are you doing here? Did your masters kick you out?" Ivy said the last sentance with great contempt, her teal eyes narrowing in hate.

"No, no." The male quesily smiled. "I patrol the area around here..."

"Oh really? So the dog gets a bone for serving his master. How quaint. Exchange friendship for a pat on the back." She suddenly jumped off him, an aloof air around her.

The male gasped for breath. Ivy had been sitting on his chest. "We were friends and we still are, aren't we?" He wheezed.

Ivy's hackles rose. "Don't you ever call us friends, traitor!"

Sensing that he might have pushed it, the male stumbled back. "I suppose I-I should move on?"

Ivy did not answer. She was already disappearing back to the shadows, soon fading out of view. The male felt relief flood through him as he slowly continued his patrol. He was lucky to have his throat intact...
~*~

Ivy returned to that meadow, trying to sleep. Sleep did not come though, and memories kept invading her mind...all the times she had with that idiot, all the laughter they shared...

"He's a traitor." Ivy growled at herself. "So what if he loved me? It means nothing!" With a half-hearted swipe at the grass, Ivy stared at the silent shadows, feeling alone for the first time.

She finally fell asleep when dawn came, lulled into the dreamless darkness by the birds' song.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 01/24/2008 11:40 PM

Description: Ivy is a creature of the night. Making her profession that of a thief/bounty hunter/odd job taker, she hardly finds time to make connections with other creatures. Because of this she has no earthly ties to a single being in all of Evelon. Her demeanor is a rather dry and negative one seeing as she lives her life on the edge and alone. Deep down inside there may reside a kind and caring creature but it is hidden beneath so many layers that it is unlikely anyone will ever uncover that side of her. It is often speculated as to why she is the way she is. Unknown to most that know of her, she had a rather sad childhood. The only daughter of a thief lord, Ivy never quite knew her father. Her mother also was not a part of her life. Because of this she grew up alone and, as she feels, unloved. Her father and mother were killed when Ivy was ten, after this she found herself homeless and even more alone than she had been before. Wondering aimlessly for years she finally found a place of comfort in the slums where she met a male lucain named Bishop (Bishop ish one of my males ^.^). He was the closest to family she had ever known and the first person she truly cared for. They remained partners in crime for five solid years before Ivy was lead to believe he had betrayed her. Shocked and hurt by the alleged disloyalty Ivy once again ran. Because of the events that transpired she never quite regained her trust for males again.

Alrighty so here is a short clip/story of Ivy's life. I might write more but this is all for tonight ^.^:

Ivy, the mysterious femme of the night surveyed her surroundings. The moonlight shimmered upon her back creating an eerie green glow that seemed to poison the ground. It had been a long time since she had been to Lamenolai, in fact she hadn't been there since...well since her childhood. A sickening feeling rushed through her body. She had never expected to find herself there again; she had never wanted to find herself there again. Sighing she tried to diminish the rising pain as she slowly padded into the city.
The stone walls surrounding the city seemed to make this task impossible however. There was nothing more Ivy hated than the claustrophobic sensation that closed in places gave her. She indeed would have to carry out her current duty as quickly as possible.
       Darting from the emanating moonlight into the shadows, Ivy felt a little pressure rise from her tense body. At least now she was out of sight from whatever wretched creatures might be lurking around that particular night.
"1657...1657..."The femme repeated under her breath. It had been the address assigned to her to find. According to her current employer she was supposed to pick up a package from the address and deliver it safely back to him.
"Ah-ha, 1657."She exclaimed rather dryly, for her excitement could only be short lived. Soon she would have to knock on the door and exchange words with whom-ever resided on the other side. For being a solitary being she had picked a rather social job.
"Well here goes nothing."Raising her paw she pounded on the door. A faint rustle could be heard inside followed by a crash. Ivy flinched. Either something wasn't right or the creature within the residence was extremely clumsy. She stepped back and waited.
"One second please."A deep voice called from the other side of the door. It sounded extremely familiar to the femme lucain. Furrowing her brow she tried to remember where she had heard the voice all the while standing very rigid in anticipation for the door to open.
"Click. Click. Click. Snap."The sound of locks being twisted and unhinged echoed through the night. She would soon enough find out who the owner of the voice was. As the door creaked open the femme raised her eyes to meet the other creatures.
"I...Ivy!"The voice chocked out.
Ivy blinked. Everything seemed to be so blurry and surreal. The creature that stood in front of her was none other than Bishop, her old companion. It couldn't be real though. She had never expected to see him again.
"Is...is it really you?"The male was babbling. "Where have you been!?! I looked for you for so long! What happened to you?"He had stepped forward and wrapped his head around hers in a lucain like hug. The femme blinked. For a good 30 seconds she was confused as to what was going on but her confusion was quickly replaced by rage.
"Don't touch me traitor!"She cried and pushed herself away, snarling a bit.
"What's going on."The male's jaw had dropped.
"What are you doing here? What more could you possibly want from me!"Ivy was so blinded by anger that she could hardly get the words out.
"...uh..."Bishop stared blankly at the girl. "I...I don't know what you're talking about..."
"Oh don't play dumb with me! You know what you did."Ivy hissed through clenched teeth. "You used me so that you could get ahead in the bounty hunter business, so that you could make a name for yourself. The whole time you were taking credit for everything we did...together!"She cried.
"Ivy you're not making any sense! I never used you! We were equal in everything we did."The male now had a sad but angry look on his face. "How could you think I would do such a thing!?!"
"Don't even give me that Bishop! You know that you played me."Ivy was now backing away from the house. She didn't care if she didn't get the package, all she wanted now was to get away.
"Is that why you left? You thought I wasn't giving you credit for our completed jobs? Ivy if I could I would give you all the credit! Don't you understand? You were my friend."The sadness had now disappeared from the males face and had been replaced by complete anger.
"No! You're lying!"The female cried, and then turning began running.
"Ivy!"The male's voice echoed out through the night after her. The female was too consumed with the desire to get away that she hardly even heard him. Hot tears streamed down her face as she exited the city and escaped into the night. She didn't trust that Bishop was telling the truth...or was it that she didn't want to trust him? She shook her head in confusion. She still had so much to sort through in her life. She simply couldn't afford to be happy.
<center>ImageImage</center></center>
<center>Sometimes I’m good but when I'm bad</center>
<center>I'm even better</center>
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 775
Donate

Postby Rayinuya » 01/25/2008 9:03 PM

Nice entries everybody!Keep em coming!Oh, and this contest will end on the 31st of January.
Rayinuya
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 01/30/2008 2:30 PM

This seems like fun and I have some time so why not?

Personality:

Beautiful and crafty, Ivy is a mysterious being who likes to keep herself to herself. Her dazzling intelligence and quick wit means she is more than a match for any Male who crosses her and her alluring attitude often attracts a lot of interest from the opposite sex. A past experience has caused her to mistrust males and she takes great pleasure in leading them on, only to break their hearts when they try to get too close. Never one for romance, Ivy prefers skulking around alone, having a particular taste for moonlight walks and despising anything to do with sweet deeds or gushy love

(Extremely) Short Story: (more of a snippet of her life)

Her paws tread softly on the grass, making little to no noise as her nose sniffed the air cautiously. She was alone. Good. Stepping forward into the gentle glow of the moonlight she bent down to the lake to drink, lapping up the refreshing water eagerly, her thirst getting the better of her. She loved her midnight walks and often came to this spot. It was a clear grass opening surrounded by trees with a clean lake which the moonlight always seemed to settle on just right. She hated any bright light, including sunlight. It was just so obvious and in your face and...
Suddenly there was a crack behind her. Her head rose up, nose sniffing carefully. Ah, she had company. Another Lucain, large male unless her nose was failing her. She shared a secret smirk with herself. A new victim.
Her smirk vanished as she turned, replaced with a seductive smile. The male froze, clearly taken by surprise. He stayed still for a moment or two before speaking.

UNFINISHED

(I'll finished it later since I've got to go eat now :) )
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/30/2008 5:14 PM

It's not very long, but what the heck.

A female lucian reclined on the wonderfully fluffly cushion she'd "borrowed" from one of her friends, a well worn book suspended between both paws. She glared at one of the appendages in disgust. Green... Why did she have to be green? Maybe a dark green would have suited her more, but, alas, it was not to be. Instead, her pelt was almost florescent. Again, why?!

Ah, well, she thought sullenly, Not much I can do about it now. Back to the book. It wan't the typical thing you would find a girl reading, the deaths so gruesome, the blood of the victims might have stained the pages. Not the slightest bit of romance to be found, just the way she liked it.

He thoughts drifted again, now to a memory of her friends, all chatting about males and romance, what you would think a typical femme would want to discuss. Several popular names had arisin, the three most common being Lord Baal, Nazuna, and Sethor. She had disappointed a few when she happened to mention the fact that Sethor had a lifemate.

"We can dream, can't we?" one of them had saidwith a giggle before asking, "What about you, Ivy? Who would you want to be with?'

She had never answered the question. Never having given the idea even the slightest chance of consideration, she had simply brushed it off with a shrug. To be honest, she really didn't have any interest in those of the opposite gender.

But that's not to say she had never been admired by anyone in the past. There had been one male, his name eluded her for the moment. He had been rather strange, a bright red tribal pattern intertwining with a white shadebane across his dark emerald pelt. A strange, gold fish seemed to swim around his eye.  At first, Ivy had laughed at him, saying he looked like Christmas. The tease had only brought a chuckle from him.

"At least I'm not a plant," he had replied with a light laugh. He was so similar to her, avoiding romance and crowds on a regular basis and tending to stay out late at night, no matter the fact that his colors made him stand out. The closeness of their personalities had been eerie. When he asked her out, she'd declined. She still didn't know if it was because of the strange feeling she got from him, or if she was just scared. Maybe they were the same thing...

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1057
Donate

Postby Rayinuya » 01/31/2008 11:16 PM

The contest deadline will be extended to February 2, to allow people to finish up.
Rayinuya
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rayinuya » 02/02/2008 8:30 PM

I will send the prizes soon after.

Grand Prize-robopup24
Second Prize-jazzylily
Third Prize-Soriana
Honorable Mentions-Azura_Rayume,kabuto_rocks

Everybody that entered gets free lifetime breedings with any of my Kuhnas/Lucain,even if I get new Lucain/Kuhnas.
Rayinuya
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 02/06/2008 5:56 PM

Thank you! *hugs kakashinaruto* That was a lot of fun. ^^

EDIT// Uh, kakashinaruto? Are you having some trouble getting a breeding room?

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!