If you would like to host your own contest, this is the forum for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Contests

Postby Kyrit » 06/24/2008 5:39 PM

Just because there's enough doesn't mean I don't want more. d=
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/24/2008 6:47 PM

"Oh?"An older gyrraptor poked her head up, over a large dusty looking tome.  Her eyes lit up and she whistled in greeting, "Ah, welcome!  I didn't hear you come in, please, sit down,"the gyrraptor said, setting her book down carefully next to her on the large red cushion she'd curled up on.  All around her were cushions.  Mostly yellows, reds and oranges.  You flop down on the largest of the cushions, looking at the gyrraptor curiously.  You'd heard tell of her, Olive. A story teller from her old clan from the Tengel rainforest. Politely you ask for the story of the celestial shinzo.  That was why you'd come all this way; to the roraldi forest and to this large glasshouse filled with plants from the Tengel.  She must feel quite at home here.

"Ah? Well I haven't told that one in some time,"she chirped, "My memories not what it use to be, but I'll do my best, that's why I'm here,"she bowed her head now.  Going through all the stories she'd learnt from the day-to-day life of the children she watched to the oldest story of her people.  A few moments passed, the gyrraptor deep in thought, or perhaps she'd fallen asleep?  You waited another moment or so before leaning forward, opening your mouth to speak.  She looked up at you, chirping when you jumped back in surprise, "Sorry about that, dear.  Yes I've got the story now.  Sorry for the wait.  Now, lets see,"she said, wondering just how to start...

Within the Triumvante Xai're had come across a puzzling sort of problem.  You see, he was quite bored.  There was no war ravaging the lands below.  Death tolls were even, he need not worry about that, progress was going along at an easy pace, no need for him to work so hard to catch up.  So he had nothing to do.  He'd watered The Garden, bossed around the seraph and he was all alone in his castle.  Sitting at home, fingers pressed together in thought he let his mind wander, which wasn't always a good thing, to be sure.  He thought of Zu'hai and Yepha, and their jobs.  You see, Xai're wasn't exactly content with his job.  Most people feared the god of Death, as he brought about their end in the mortal world, or so went their thoughts on the subject.  No, Zu'hai was loved and he was not.  Because of this many of Xai're thoughts went to underminding both Yepha and Zu'hai.  During one of these angry boughts of thought he came up with his idea...

"Seems a bit odd,"The gyrraptor said with a whistle, "He can't seem to relax.  When I'm just thinking I become relaxed, he seemed to only get angry, but it did bring about the creation of the celestial shinzo,"she left a pause there, for you to discuss with her.  It proved to be a fairly interesting conversation, but you were here for the story.  A smile and a nod from you signalled the gyrraptor to continue.  Olive chirped apologetically and continued....

Yepha is the goddess of Knowledge, you see.  She knows everything practical, along with what is is store for every living being.  Everyone has a fate, to some degree.  Fate can be changed and bent but for a true change in fate, it takes much power and energy and...sacrifice.  Of course one cannot know ones fate unless the goddess herself or one of her seraph tells it too you.  This is something rare of course, so one can never know if they can change their fate.  Most do not worry about fate, living their lives without much thought put into it.  But now Xai're put some thought into this.  What if...What if he could create a being without fate? A being that, even if Yepha tried to view it's fate, she could not see?  Now would that be something!  Out doing Yepha.  He had time on his hands and he felt his mind already working out how it could be done.  The god of Death and Progress took his time in the project, wanting to be sure it would work.  Once the theory, the planning, the everything had been figured it was time to complete the experiment. But, who could he use? Well of course he had enough Seraph at his disposal...

"He didn't think to highly of his seraph,"you mutter quietly to yourself, happy not to be working under Xai're.
"Mmm.... Gods are strange in the way they work, but they are very different from us,"Olive said quietly before returning to the story...

A young seraph, by the name of Karnine was chosen for this experiment. Nobody can be sure what Xai're did to the poor seraph for the next three days but when Xai're returned from his lab the seraph was nowhere to be found. He didn't mention it and the seraph didn't ask.  Stranger things had happened in Xai're's castle...

"Is that it? What does Karnine have to do with the celestial shinzo?  Is HE the celestial shinzo?  Did Xai're succeed in his experiment?"You ask after a few moments of complete silence from the Gyrraptor.  She smiles to you softly,
"No one knows. Most assume that this is the celestial shinzo... But you see, he does not remember his past.  The only ones who know for certain are the gods themselves.  The celestial marking marks those of celestial decent, so this is where the story comes from.  I see him here often enough, Moopheus and the boy have grown quite close. He's very friendly and upbeat you know.  Not knowing where he came from makes for an interesting story, so he enjoys it greatly,"she laughed again, her eyes smiling.
"If he doesn't know his past,"You ask, "How does he know of the name, Karnine?"
"Oh, he doesn't.  The name in the story is after a young, overly excited seraph who always volunteered himself for missions, he goes by Taves,"
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Previous