If you would like to host your own contest, this is the forum for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Contests

Personality Contest [Ended]

Postby Fish » 01/03/2009 10:36 PM

So I have this lovely design for a Lucain, and I'd love to see him come to life. =3 The problem, I don't know what I'd do with him, so I'm holding a design a personality for him contest.

The Lucain

The Lucain Colored (Option one)
His marking and colors are still being decided (your welcome to give me help with that, may earn yourself singing muffin points xD;; <3), but all his add-ons are there.

Anyway, onto the contest:

I want you to look at the design I have and tell me what you think he would be like (be as creative as you want to be). So I'd be looking for stuff like:
o Name: (Anything is fine, but please no English names or names like Pear, Purple, etc. P=;; If the name has a meaning, put its meaning also.)
o Pronunciation of the name: (I'm not the best pronouncer, so any help is much appreciated. That and I'd like to pronounce the name you intended; can't read minds. P=;; Wish I could.)
o Personality:
o History: *Optional
o Side Note(s): (Stuff like, does he have other forms? Is he obsessed with something? Theme songs? Etc.)
And to make things easier, here's a form:

Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Pronunciation[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]*History[/b]:
[b]Side Note(s)[/b]:
[b]Prizes[/b]: (Post the prizes you're aiming for, for both the runner-up and first place.)

Rules:
o One entry per person for now (might make it two :/;).
o Don't steal the design? xD;; Oher, than that, I don't have any others. =]

There will be a first place winner and a runner-up. =]

Prizes: First place gets to choose between a custom Khlamar or the complete litter of one breeding (You get to choose whether you want that breeding to be with one of yours, or my only breedable girl).
Runner-up will either receive a Glow Garagnir or a Desert Nagi. Once again, you get to choose.

There will be no Ks-gain in this contest, as I'm completely out (and won't get some for a very, very long time). I'll also throw in art for both the winner and runner-up; though it might take a while since school is starting back up. xD;;

This contest does not have an end date for now. Though, more than likely it will end sometime this month.

"Careful... I'm contagious."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate

Re: Personality Contest

Postby Moofius » 01/03/2009 11:14 PM

Name: Boaldine
Pronunciation: Bowl-dine
Personality: Quiet, Logical, Thoughtful, Defensive
History: As a young boy and a young man Boaldine was a hunter of sorts.  He lived by the rules of the nature, food chain and the like.  A bit rough socially he preferred the outdoors above all else.  Don't worry, I dun have a love story for him, that's predictable.  His love was the forest and the earth and so it remained.  He took only what he needed, used every part of the animals he killed to feed himself.  The rough young boy turned into a rough young man to a rough man to a rough old man.  No matter how fit you are, no matter how much you love your life (even if it's totally weird) we all gotta' go sometime.  Boaldine's day came in summer.  He didn't hunt as much, he wasn't as strong as he had been before to go so far into the woods and really hunt, for the most part he fished for his meat.  It was at the rivers edge that Boaldine decided to fish.  Beneath his old fishing tree he shut his eyes for must a moment, something just a little longer then the average blink.  When he opened them again the world was bathed in a new beauty.  The life in the fish in the stream, the plants around him and even in the moving water were so clear to him now.  He wondered, then, if he was dead.  Could death be this beautiful?
"Life can be this beautiful" the voice came from all around.  It was the soft wind in the trees, the water running over the rocks.  He had heard the voice before, it was the voice of the forest he'd come to live in, grown up loving.  But now it spoke in words he could easily understand.
"Boaldwine, you have been good to me, and to my children" the voice spoke.  Feminine, motherly; Boaldine loved the voice and so he listened feeling at peace.  So he really was dead.

"I want you to stay here, with us.  Would you help me watch over the forest?"

So yah, Boaldine agreed and obtained this new form.  I suppose you could call him a demi-god but he prefers "Guide".  He's still a quiet man and explores earthen magics.  He's seen life, death, love, hate, pain, joy.  He's found a place of peace and happiness.  Boaldine isn't a willowy old man, he's strong and the few words he says when he does decide to speak say volumes on how he feels.  Boaldine doesn't usually interfer with humans too much, unless they're messing up his forest or are lost.  Then he does what he deems to me the right choice.  Boaldine has a fixed physical being, and is capable of dying like any mortal.
Side Note(s): Boaldine hates most loud noises. He doesn't understand technology at all and has the ability to ruin most electronics. Boaldine has an awful singing voice, but he thinks he's good.  He's also gotten a taste for ketchup.
Prizes: First Self-Breeding/Breeding with lucain / Second Nagi
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/03/2009 11:21 PM

Name:Cronus or Kronus
Meaning:Cronus was the youngest Titan (predecessors of the Greek gods) and father of Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, and Demeter. He ruled over earth until he was overthrown by the Olympian gods, his children.(Not to be confused with Chronos, the personification of time)
Pronunciation:c-ro-nus
Personality:Cronus was always an authority figure. Creatures of lower rank look at him with respect. he is always kind, willing to help, but can turn into a warrior at any sign of battle. He is not one for peace, wanting to erase evil from the world, and sometimes this goal will take over his mind and make him the ultimate fighter. Usually, he will not stop fighting until the enemy is gone, but sometimes a call from one he really cares about and knock him out of this trance. He is always looking for a way to get power, and will take almost any chance he gets. He wants to rid the world of evil, which is what he tells almost everyone he meets, but sometimes a darker thought enters his mind, one of evil, and he is ashamed of that. He wants to fight for good and only good, though that one thought of evil still lingers in the back of his mind. He is always looking for ways to make the world a better place, and will do all in his power to make the world a better place and rid it of evil.
*History(Based off Greek Mythology):Cronus, or Kronus, was born to the Greek gods Gaia and Ouranos, the ruler of the earth and the ruler of the universe. When he was older his mother, Gaia, persuaded him to kill Ouranos by making him believe that his father was evil and doing wrong to the world, and he agreed. He killed his father and took the throne where he ruled the world and started to try and make it a better place. Gaia soon told him of a prophecy that he was to be killed by one of his own children like he did to his own father, so when each of his children was born he sent them away, never to be seen again so the prophecy would not be fulfilled and he would be able keep ridding the world of evil. He believed that each of his children was possessed by evil, but could not bring himself to kill them, and so just sent them away to the unknown. When his wife, Rhea, did not want to see another of her children sent away into the unknown she went to Gaia and birthed a son in secret. Gaia took care of that son and raised and named him Zeus. When Gaia told Zeus of the prophecy and what his father had done to his siblings he became outraged and went searching for his siblings. He gathered his siblings and overthrew his father with them and sent him down to live as a mortal on earth. Cronus could do nothing for the combined power of Zeus and his siblings was too much for him and he was defeated. Now Cronus lives among the mortals, shamed by the act of his children, but he still works towards his goal of ridding the world of evil and getting back to his original power as a god and ruler of the world. Story that this was based off of is here.
Side Note(s):He is obsessed with making the world a better place and hates evil. It is hard to get him to stop fighting in the middle of battle unless the enemy has been destroyed.
Theme Song:Through the Fire and Flames-Dragonforce Lyrics (I immediately thought of this song. it's one of my favourites)
Prizes:First=Self breeding(I have no lucain) Second=Glow Garagnir

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 01/03/2009 11:35 PM

Name: Redel Kan
Pronunciation: re-DEL KAN
Personality: Redel is a forest god, yes, but not your standard one. He isn't peaceful or contemplative, not at all. He is not afraid to fight, ready to defend the forest he loves. He is full of the life and vigor like the creatures that he protects. Rarely does he leave, nor does he welcome vistors. A deep seated mistrust of others, especially humans, was instilled in him from the moment he was put upon this world. He fears that any strangers will harm the forest. However, if you earn his trust, or more rarely, his respect, he'll see you as part of his forest, willing to defend you with his life. But, if you do anything to get on his bad side, he will hunt you down, for he has a short temper and a long memory. Nothing you do will stop him, unless you do something, something big, to reearn his regard. This is hard, almost impossible, task to accomplish considering his high moral standards. Luckily, this hasn't happened, yet.
*History: Redel started his long existance as an innocent forest god, placed by a higher life stream to which every living is connected. He was not placed to rule over the forest, but to teach, to guide it. He believed that he could defend his forest against everything and anything. Sure he knew of the dangers of humans and those who wished to harm the forest. But he, in his youth, thought that he could protect it and stop the humans. He was wrong. One day, the humans came, with their metal blades that killed trees and fire that choked the air with black smoke. He, in blind ignorance, charged them, hoping to drive them off. However, one thing he overlooked, he is connected to the forest intimately. He draws his energy from the forest and in turn feels everything that happens. The day he went to the humans, they started cutting. He felt as the whirling blade plunged into the wood. He felt as the tree slowly died, apart of him died with it. Never before had he felt such pain, such all-consuming pain. He blacked out, in the middle of camp. With the loss of conscienceness, his camouflage slipped, revealing him to the loggers. They chained him up, planning to sell him in a nearby village. Slowly, he returned to conscienceness. He tried to run, escape these horrid creatures. But, it was futile. The loggers quickly captured and hit him. Then, they continued their business of cutting down trees. Pain lashed through him with every gentle tree life taken. This angered him to the point of no safe return. Redel went slightly mad, being chained and having felt the death of countless trees. He drew on the strength of the forest. With this, he shattered the chains and attacked. Never before had Redel killed. Never again. He retreated into the deepest part of the forest, licking his wounds. There, in the hidden glades and secret nooks, he recuperated and remembered the horrid things the humans had done. While, his dislike of them didn't consume him, but he always keeps humans at bay. He plunged into guiding new growth and teaching the creatures of the forest. One day, a human entered the forest, Elliot. She won his respect when she saved a stag caught in a hunter's trap. She is considered part of the forest now. He continues living in the forest, but should Elliot ever need him, he'll come.
Side Note(s): He has limited camouflage abilities. In forested areas, he can blur his shape into the natural greens and browns of the vegetation.
Prizes: First Place: Self-Breeding/Breeding Runner-up: Glow

Picture might be coming. If I ever get Aviary to work. I might also tweak it around.
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Celtic » 01/03/2009 11:53 PM

Name:Amare (Handsome) // Amir (Treetop;; Arabic: prince, Ruler Prosperous)

Pronunciation: (AM-ar-eh; or my way: Am-AIR) // (ah-MEER)

Personality: Nobility means nothing to this creator of land. He is worshipped, generous, but mostly, he is careless. As a full god, when he was young, his mistakes were many, and he will never forgive himself for every little mistake. But by no means does he show it! His out put is a careless reckless teenage god, who is conceited and passes things by as most Teenagers.

As a god though, he has many things to do. Like, he cares and tends to all the greenery that lives, while his mother and father tend to everything else. But as every teenager, Amare hates his 'chores' and may sometimes forget. Such as a drought, when he neglects a piece of land for too long, a drought happens. And so on with 'natural' disaters. These things are Amare's fault, and he won't let himself ease up because of them. So he withdraws into himself more and more each time this happens, never letting himself take it casually, and thus he blames himself for every little life taken, knowing that he has caused a family of some sort great grief.

Summary of Personality: His front is reckless, smiling, careless, and diligent. Inside he is sad, angry, and a turmoil of impurity.

*History: As a young pup, Amire was a spoiled little god, and like many younglings, he took everything for granted. His powers came to him at age 7 months, and Amir unfortunately didn't notice them untill his parents noticed. Droughts, fires, tidal waves, deaths happened just because he didn't notice his powers come to him. When Amir saw this, he went to his Dad and Mother

"Mommy? Daddy? What's happening to the world? It was so peaceful just a day ago!" He may have been little, but this young pup cared for the earth as his own by then. His Dad just shook his head and sighed. He couldn't do anything, and looking woefully at his wife, and he told his son.

"It might be you, Amir. Your powers might've come and we haven't noticed." The story progressed finally ending with a plea to Amir to make this all stop, if he could. Amir smiled caustiously at his Dad, thinking he was joking, but the serious face didn't do anything to help.

"Dad! It isn't nice to joke about these things!" But, his Dad didn't smile, he just shook his head. "... No... I wouldn't let that happen! NO!" And with that, he flung himself over the edge, to denial of this cruel universe we live in. Amir wouldn't come out for many years, causing one of the longest string of natural disasters in history. But, Amir had to come to his responsibiliies, and red-eyed, Amir set to work on his perfect sculpture of the world. Bringing in monsoons here, taking away water there. It took months to coax his rejected powers to work, and to this day he will never forgive himself for doing that.

After these horrid years, Amir suddenly grew up. His life took some getting used to, and Amir spent 3 years never moving from the earth sculpture, keeping it in perfect shape, harmony was his life. Obsessed as he was, Amir finally realized that nothing can be perfect for long, and soon the people dug under his control of the surface of the earth, and found the reasources. Causes of war that raged through his prized land. Amir hated the humans for this, and thus he came out of his sculpture room, ending his obsession, for the moment.

Amir was invited by his parents to explore the world, after he came out. To see his perfection where peacetime reined. Recluctant, but still curious, the god went with them. What he saw was perfection, and a smile had finally reached him after years of melachony, and Amir saw his hard work of those grueling years, and he laughed. Two milestones to his happiness, but after his visit, when he reached his home... Amir fell back into his shell, away from the happiness that had gripped him during that short period in the earth world.

Now, a teenager, Amir puts on a brave front. Never faltering one step, and comes down often to spend time on earth. His joyous creation, his losses, and most of all his love and pain. Amir now, poses as a normal teenager, flouncing his stuff and picking up girls left and right, never settling for his journey down life lane never ends.

Side Note(s): Amir has his quirks, like he enjoys fratenizing with humans, and enjoying there great many pleasures, that is the only time he is at peace with himself. He also hates anything healthy that isn't a drink.

(He likes alcohol alot, but he doesn't ever manage to get drunk unless he is drinking wine from the gods. Also, he isn't the most faithful boyfriend ever.)

Prizes: Custom Khalmer~ // Garagnir

Nothing of his is done. I'm adding on several things to his history and his personality so yeah. Also I have his markings and colors coming in~

[insert picture~ You don't mind if i colored it do ya?]

Markings: Arach or Dweller / Storm (Crap. I don't remember the name!)
Mini Marks: Psi-eye / ???

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/04/2009 1:02 AM

Name: Ayan
Pronunciation: Eye-ahn
Personality: Quite true to his age, Ayan is very enthusiastic and playful. Every time anyone happens to pass through his area, he's quick to greet them and whine if they don't play with him. Seems as though he could quite use some company.
*History: While his scruffy fur and jagged wingblades may make it appear as though Ayan is quite old, he is actually rather young. Found by a little child in Roraldi when he was just a pup, the boy's family told him that he could not keep the Lucain. None the less, the boy made a little make-shift 'home' for the pup that would shelter him from storms and shield him from anything that happened to pass by that would think of him as a tasty snack. Each day the boy would sneak out, bringing scraps to Ayan and he'd stay for as long as he could without risking being caught by his parents. One day... the boy stopped coming. Grown enough to make it on his own now, Ayan still lingered around the apple tree that his shelter had been made under. He'd roam away for a bit each day, just to get food, and then he'd return.. waiting and waiting. Little did Ayan know, the boy had gotten sick and had been put in the hospital. After some time the boy had died, but the male Lucain would never find this out since no one knew to tell him. None of the boy's friends or family knew about him, so he was now all alone. To this day, a few years later, Ayan still sits under the apple tree, head resting on his paws and waiting for the little boy to come play with him again.
Side Note(s): The apple tree his shelter was made under is where the child found him, and he seems to have an odd connection to it. His fur always smells of fresh green apples, his wingblades and horns appear to be made out of wood, more specifically the same wood as the apple tree. While he is no god, the connection to the tree is quite odd.
Prizes: Custom Khalmar(Actually the money that one costs. XD You said it was okay if I got something else with the money. P=)/Glow Garagnir
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Redd » 01/04/2009 3:46 AM

Name: Archme // Aldra
Pronunciation: Arhch-me (Arch-me) // Al-drah
Personality:
As guardian of the forests, Aldra (using this name acause it's easier and shorter xD), is a vain, fickle creature. He flits about the forest, following his own whims and desires and doesn't pay much attention to the forests inhabitants or threats, unless they threaten him in any way, shape, or form.
Aldra know nothing about how to communicate with people. Of course he speaks English (or Barrakian, Lambastian, Evelonian. I don't know), but he doesn't know how to say things, often offending people with sharp words, or harsh jokes.

He may actually want to get to know somebody, but to this day, no one really knows.

Side Note(s): Terrified of thunderstorms. Yah, I know big mighty guardian of the forest turns tail and bolts like a deer in the face of a storm. Also has never ventured outside his forest.

Prizes: (Post the prizes you're aiming for, for both the runner-up and first place.) First. Uhm~ A breeding// Runner-Up. Nagi~

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Dragon4Life » 01/04/2009 7:29 AM

Name: Nemus Tutela (Means Forest Guardain in Latin :3)
Pronunciation: Knee-Mus Two-E-La
Personality: Nemus Tutela, or Nemus as he likes to be called is very mystious Lucain. Often seen wandering the forests, he doesn't talk a lot, and is very shy. But, if you get to know him, and he lets you get to know him, he is a very friendly and protective guy.
*History: As far as we know, Tutela didn't have the most safe childhood. As a pup, his parents were outraged by his behavour. He loved trees, and nature and was very shy. So, one night, he was told to behave like a normal Lucain. But he didn't. He ran away. And they didn't go looking for him. He lived in the forest for 2 years, learning how to eat, and hide, and drink. But, one day, he came out of the forest. The world he saw as very differant. Although now he has a house and loving mistress, he still goes to the forest at night, to guard it.
Side Note(s): He is deathly scared of fire, and his a great climber.
Prizes: Self Breeding (I don't have a lucain), Nagi
~Era'Za and Lia~
Image Image
Sanctus Espiritus, redeem us from our solemn hour.
Sanctus Espiritus, insanity is all around us.
Sanctus Espiritus...

~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~
Lyrics from Our Solem Hour by Within Temptation
Dragon4Life
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1121
Donate

Postby Fish » 01/04/2009 9:48 PM

=D I'm so happy people actually entered my contest~ <3 -luffs on you guys-
So many lovely entries/ X3 It's gonna be hard to chose when this contest ends. 8D <3

Also, I think I'm going to end this contest on the last day of this month. x3 Still really deciding though~ P=;;

"Careful... I'm contagious."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 01/04/2009 10:30 PM

Picture

Name: Nova Woodlurk Inkfierce
Pronunciation: No-Vah Would-Lurk Ink-FIERCE
Personality: No one knows where he came from, but sone call him Nova from the Sky of Space, or Wood Lurk from the Ground of the Forest.  But Mostly the part they know is that he uses a scroll and ink to make creations of the stars or make flowers bloom on the trees in the forest.  They normally call him the Pure tree.  
*History:
Twenty thousand years ago, a Giant star had fallen out of the sky and a wolf came from the meteorite.  All they saw was that he had horns like a dragon, and he was truly an unknown person.  For what he has done was save everything, yet the Simple little voice of the darkness has yet to show what he is.  He was made from the stars above, yet Darkness was haunting him.

Side Note(s): He has two, Anthro and Wolf, there's a simple difference on the wolf.  A sheild on his back and flames on the side of his legs.  Tail is sorta splotched from the ink.  
Prizes: First place:  a custom Khlamar {{Ish has several ideas...}}  Runner up: Desert Nagi.  {Expiramental on!}

Edit alot!
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby Sixpence » 01/05/2009 5:01 AM

~~
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~

A forest of briars sprang up around the castle, shielding it from the outside world: no one could try penetrate it without facing certain death in the thorns.

~ The Tale of Sleeping Beauty

~~'~,~@

Name

Thurisaz the reconstructed Proto-Germanic name of the runic letter, Thorn.
Y'know, a pun on his existence ^^
As far as meaningless names go, I like Raikov, but the Random Name Generator is your friend :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

History

Thurisaz started off as any other young man might, living out his childhood and adolescent years in the shade of a large and wild forest in a humble cottage with his *family. Eking out an existence as they did in that untamed land was difficult, but not impossible, and came as something of a natural propensity for Thurisaz. He was a born tracker and hunter who only improved as he grew, progressing rapidly from the small game traps he experimented with as a child to hunting large boar and hinds with an expert eye and a strong longbow. In the summers, he kept his family well fed but the long, frigid winters were hard even for him, and he would have to range further and further into the black forest, foraging for any prize to bring home. Game was scarce and wary during such times, and it was in the middle of one of these harsh winters that Thurisaz inadvertently met his first God.

After the third thankless night spent out in the seemingly endless, ragged fringes of the forest, he came the fourth night upon a stag in the prime of its life and healthy-seeming as you please. At that moment he felt he had never seen a more beautiful sight, and with a grateful eye, sighted it and let his arrow fly. It struck true and the stag belled out once in pain before it lay still in the snow. No sooner had Thurisaz knelt next to his prize than he was assailed with the sound of baying hounds and thunderous hooves and with terror, he realized he had killed the quarry of the Wild Hunt.

Cernunnos, the leader of the hunt, was severely angered and changed Thurisaz into a wolf to suit his thieving nature and gave him the horns of the stag he had killed as penitence and a constant reminder of his folly. The god then declared that Thurisaz would be the new game of the Hunt. Thus the chase was on. Thurisaz eluded capture as best he could, but where he lasted the night, he only had a day's paltry reprieve before the Hunt set upon him afresh come moonrise. One such night, as he was crawling through the thick brambles of the forest in a desperate attempt to find cover, he came upon a **woman. Exhausted, sorely pricked by thorns and wild-eyed with fear, Thurisaz begged her to help him, but she refused to lift a finger to save him. He pleaded with her, saying he would do anything if only she would hide him, and she relented on the condition Thurisaz became hers to own until she felt his debts to her had been paid. Frantic, he agreed and the woman, who was a witch, changed him into a briar bush using the long, black thorns entangled his fur.

When the Hunt arrived soon after, they found their quarry had vanished into the thicket of brambles, never guessing that he had become a thorn bush himself, and after some searching they gave up the chase and moved on off into the sky. Thurisaz changed back and thereafter was bound by heavy price into the service of the witch who had helped him escape the God's Hunt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Possible Future/Additional Past/Plot Connection - thing

After a hundred years had passed, a prince who had heard the story of the enchantment braved the wood, which parted at his approach, and entered the castle. He trembled upon seeing the princess' beauty and fell on his knees before her...
~ The Tale of Sleeping Beauty

As the witch grows older (see footnote **) she becomes less kindly and more wicked. Eventually, she becomes the witch described in the story of Briar Rose (also known as Sleeping Beauty). She curses the girl and the castle with her and places Thurisaz as the gate's guardian. Thurisaz falls in love with the girl but is in a quandary because he is bound by his promise to the witch and cannot go against her, yet he wants nothing more than to save the hapless girl. He entertains the possibility of being both the princess's jailer and her savior, and after a hundred years (the allotted time given by the witch) is able to enter the castle in his human form, commanding his own thorns to step aside for him.

What happens between him and the princess, what he will ultimately do, and whether the witch will ever release him from his bondage is up to you. This could all be his past, and you could officially 'start' playing him after he has been newly freed, or you could play all of this as a plot. *shrugs*

Essentially, a retelling of the Briar Rose story from the point of view of the briars :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Side Notes

Thurisaz has three forms: he can inhabit the shape of a wolf with antlers on his brow and thorns woven into his pelt; the shape of the man he used to be; and the shape of a briar thicket. When in the latter shape, his thickets never flower, which is one way to tell which bushes are just bushes, and which bushes are Thurisaz in disguise. Whether you want him to be in free command of these alterations himself, or whether you want them to be something he needs to ask the witch permission for is your decision.

Touched by a God's magic coupled with continuous contact with the witch's magic on a daily basis, I imagine him to have a greatly extended life span, but that's totally your call.

He has command over thorny plants, and can grow them impossibly thick and tall in accordance with the briar magic the witch imbued him with. Other than that he is not particularly gifted, although he is still an excellent hunter, made all the more keen by having once been prey himself.

POSSIBLE song association here. I can't decide if the lyrics fit or not, yet.

Blitzen Trapper - Furr :::: Lyrics

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personality

Although I told the story somewhat soberly, it doesn't have to be. The way it's played out could be though a series of comical-seeming events, or ludicrous situations. I'm particularly thinking of books like the Enchanted Forest Chronicles (check out the plot summaries...the books are quite cute), which regularly pokes lighthearted fun at the oddities and ridiculous situations fairy tales often have in them.

Then again, you could make it dark, humorless and tormented, as the Grimms fairy tales were originally meant to be told. It'd be easy to do either, and depending on what kind of tone you're looking for, you'll shape the character of Thurisaz differently.

How closely you want to follow the background story I offered is up to you. If you want to use the whole thing verbatim, that's just as fine with me as if you only wanted to use some key points.

FOOTNOTES

* Family - Subject to your whims, and easily changeable depending on whether you have any canidates for him, or will eventually. He could be one of many children, or be a single child in charge of caring for his aging mother, or anywhere in between.

**Woman - I based her off of the German goddess Perchta who is a "guardian of the beasts." She appears dually as an old hag and a beautiful woman and Perchta was at first a benevolent spirit. In Germanic paganism, Perchta had the rank of a minor deity. That changed to an enchanted creature (spirit or elf) in Old High German - such as Grimm describes - but she was given a more malevolent character (sorceress or witch) in later ages . You can, of course, change this to suit whatever character you decide might take the role of the 'woman.' I use her to suit my version of the story, in lieu of knowing which characters you have/will have.

Prizes: Lucain Self Breed because I have no Lucain, or else the Nagi, please.

~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~
~~
Sixpence
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby kabuto_rocks » 01/05/2009 1:15 PM

Name: Abaddon {Destruction}
Agro {Slaughter}
Ander {Warrior}
Armen {Army man}
Pronunciation: Ah-Bad-Don
Ag-Row
And-Er
Are-Men
Personality: Proud, Angry, Psychotic, Murderous
History: -Name-'s fate is a strange one. He is extremely proud of his antlers, liking how they make him unique. Being so vain, he decided to track down Santa and demand to be one of his reindeer. He was considered for the job, but rejected on the basis that he wasn't actually a reindeer, but a Lucain.
Naturally, this made him furious. How dare someone tell him he wasn't good enough? He overreacted dramatically, vowing to destroy anyone and anything to do with Christmas. As a result he went on a violent rampage, which has lasted until the present day.
If you can meet him around the summer, he's not really a bad person. A little vain and grumpy sometimes, but if you avoid mentioning the Holidays he can be a good friend.
Side Note(s): Avoid mentioning anything to do with Christmas if you want to live. Throw in the odd compliment to get him on your side. Above all, don't even hum the tune about a certain red-nosed reindeer. This is almost certainly going to set him off on one of his murderous rampages. And we wouldn't want that now, would we?
Prizes: 1st Place-Custom Khalmar
2nd Place-Glow Garagnir
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 01/05/2009 11:50 PM

Name:Crysh
Pronunciation: CHR-ish or Cr-oosh your choice <3
Personality: Crysh is a kind-hearted kind of guy- on the outside only though. From a distance and first glance, Crysh is kind, thoughtful and caring about everything that involves you. As soon as those barriers drop, as soon as Crysh realizes that you feel more comfortable around him, he freezes up. He gets tense and annoyed with you and just makes you feel crummy. But he's a man of three layers. If you can tough it out past this fairly unforgiving layer, then you've gotten to the true Crysh- hyper, slightly obsessive, and very funny. He loves to romp around and feel free. While he's not childish, he has a more... magical feel to him?
History: Crysh had always known one thing: that one personality was never enough to characterize someone. He knew that the more personalities he had, the more interesting he was. He wanted to be interesting. But as he gave himself more personalities, more things to change into, he found that it was harder to make friends. But the ones that stuck around he really enjoyed having. They stayed with him, hung with him, no matter how bad his personalities got, or how frustrating. They know the real Crysh, and that's all that matters. So Crysh has found the two hardest to get along with- the easy going heart-to-heart kind of guy and the freeze-out cold-shoulder kind of guy. He's found the perfect formula of rooting out the "friends" and the friends.
Uhm, he has a human form, but it looks sort of furry/goat/lucain-ish? His horns are still visible, smaller but visible. His skin is an light tan/brown, with moss green eyes. He has a large-ish nose(not that big, but big enough to be noticed) and a very square face. He has small ears, and a smile that's almost blinding. His face has small beginnings of wrinkles like crow's feet and worry lines, but they're barely visible, because he's not old. It's just because he's spent so much time outside in the sun.
He's tall-ish? Not like 6 feet, more like 5 and a half foot? That sounds about right. He usually doesn't wear a shirt, because he likes the freeness of it, but wears pants(and a shirt to more public places) as a courtesy.
He runs away from his problems rather than solving them.
He loves a good challenge.
He loves having friends.
Side Note(s): He's slightly obsessed with names(keeping people's names straight, knowing their names, finding whatever meaning is behind that name- if there is one, of course) and loves natural things. He'd rather romp the forest than sit in a stuffy office. He's a physical kind of guy, mostly because of his multiple personalities.
Prizes: The litter, most likely from Christina and him. o3o *luffs on pretty Christina* and for runner up... I guess the Desert Nagi. *will throw at EIN* oDo
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Kodai » 01/07/2009 5:30 PM

Name: Vidar
Origin: From the Old Norse Víðarr, which is possibly derived from víðr "forest" and arr "warrior". In Norse mythology Víðarr was the son of Odin and Grid. At the time of the end of the world, the Ragnarok, he will avenge his father's death.
Pronunciation: Vee-dar
Personality: A silent but vengeful god of the forest. Silent and passive, he will watch over those who enter his forest, but if they cause harm, he appears and inflicts damage equal to the amount his forest has taken. He cleanses his forest by eating only already dead plants and animals.
History: He has been there since the first seed of a tree grew on his land, and will like as not be there until all the trees are destroyed.
Side Note(s): He has both a Lucain form and a human form.
Prizes: Litter // Desert Nagi

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate

Postby Indigo » 01/07/2009 7:35 PM

I'll...do something when I'm done reading an amazingly detailed something-or-other.
I have big plans... *giggles about parsnips*

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Next