If you would like to host your own contest, this is the forum for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Contests

Postby Kyrit » 03/31/2009 12:20 AM

Giving this contest a little bump.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: It's been a long time.. Draiz's latest contest!

Postby rayquaza7996 » 04/05/2009 12:46 AM

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Obsidian Slydra

2. Eye Color:Green

3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: The slydra's "mask" thingy is light blue (#7CF5E7), with light green stripes on the horn (#7CF595). Its body is brown (#492202), with a dark red (#530000) stripe across the back.

4. Accessories:
It has a small piece of platelike armor (#80898D) on its hood, there's a little strap around its body with two fake bird wings coming off of it (like a winged harness, strap is mainly black, wings are white) and a stethoscope around its neck

5. Background Type: white

6. Total Cost: 16$

7. Method of Payment: Paypal

8. Why did you pick this pet, these colors, and add-ons?:
I chose a slydra, because you've aged (obviously) since you were younger, just like a slydra's aged from a hisper. When I think of snakes in general, as well as Obsidian Slydras, I think of how they tend to be pretty shy, kind of like you. In some ways you've changed, but in some you haven't (you're still watching Disney) and the hisper's changed, but there are still a lot of similarities between him and a slydra.

I thought green eyes were nice because you said you wanted to work with animals...

I chose the brown colors because brown is like trees, like roots, and you're "rooted" to your family. The red stripe represents your love for your family and for nature. The light blue and light  green represent your liking of Disney movies (because Disney is nice and soft, just like the colors)

The armor represents how you are protective of your family and friends. The winged harness has a double-meaning-one is how you were going to leave and go far away (on wings) but chose not to (so the wings are fake), the other, more direct meaning is reffering to your cosplaying.

The stethescope is because you wished to be a vet.

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Kyrit » 04/19/2009 10:13 PM

The last day to enter the contest is April 30th. Winners shall be posted a day or two after.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 04/20/2009 1:30 AM

Note: I'm not putting the costs because I stink at assessing the prices of things and would probably just mess you up.  :oops:

Entry #1

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Wood Rexxel

2. Eye Color: Violet

3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.) Same colors, but reversed, with the majority of the body colored dark brown, and the rest cream. The bell straps should be white, and the bells a silver color.

4. Accessories: A psi-eye tattoo (like the lucain mini-mark) on the hind hip. It should be cream, with the center circle colored violet to match the Rexxel's eyes.

6. Total Cost:

8. Why did you pick this pet, these colors, and add-ons?: I picked this pet because although it doesn't say it in the description, the Rexxel looks like it is intellectual. You tried to fit two years of school into one, and are planning on going to college, so you seem pretty smart to me. Also, many felines tend to prefer their own company, and you said you were rather shy. For the colors, I picked dark brown as the main body color because that's what color your hair looked like in your pictures. I kept the cream because I like how it goes with the brown. The bell straps I changed to white so they would stand out against the dark brown, and your Subeta avi has violet eyes, so I chose them as well. As for the add-on, I picked a psi-eye tattoo because you said you were the mediator in your family. It makes sense for your Rexxel to have empathic skills because of this.

Entry #2

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Shinzo

2. Eye Color: Violet

3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.) The main body color should be dark brown, the ears golden, and the front legs cream from the toes to halfway between the knee and the hip.

4. Accessories: An elegant silver necklace with a multi-colored opal hanging from it. The opal should ideally be hanging at the center of the chest.

Also, if possible, a kitty pouncing on the tip of the Shinzo's tail. I think I saw somewhere that real animals can't be used, but I can't find the thread, so... If a real kitty is unacceptable, maybe a basic calico doll propped against the Shinzo's hind leg?

6. Total Cost:

8. Why did you pick this pet, these colors, and add-ons?:  I picked the Shinzo because its description says that it is very loyal to its owner, and can sense his/her emotions. You exhibit empathic skills by mediating between family members and friends, and you are very loving and loyal to your family. As for color, I picked brown as the main body color because of your hair, the cream stockings on the front feet are supposed to resemble those sanitary plastic gloves vets tend to wear, and golden ears because I simply like the color. The kitty add-on is because of your love for animals. The opal in the necklace represents many things. Among them is hope and love. In medieval times, it was thought to make the wearer invisible whenever he/she wished, which is convenient for a shy person. Mythology also gives it some medical properties, such as stopping bleeding or curing disease, which is useful for a vet or any other kind of doctor. (Can you tell I had fun researching this one?) In addition, it also gives a good contrast to the dark brown of the Shinzo's body.
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/24/2009 8:39 PM

(Splee! My first contest! :yay: )

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Leawolf

2. Eye Color: #FFCC00

3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.): #66CCFF where the green is on the Leawolf, with #FFFF99 for the paw pads. The horns that curl off the Leawolf's head should be the same color as the eyes, #FFCC00. What is normally red on the Leawolf, make the parts #FFCC00 as well.

4. Accessories: A thin necklace that has a music note symbol hanging from it.
The symbol: Image
The actual symbol should be #0000FF, and the necklace should be #FFCC00.

Also, there should be a #0000FF colored paintbrush in her right front paw (the one that is off the ground), with #FFCC00 paint on the tip of the brush. The actual brush (hair) part should be #000000.

6. Total Cost: About $13.

8. Why did you pick this pet, these colors, and add-ons?: I picked this pet because its personality traits are protectiveness, loyalty, and selflessness. These attributes seem to suit Draiz to a T, as she is very protective of her family and friends. As for the colors, I'm not sure why I chose them. However, the combination of blue and gold just seemed to fit Draiz. The necklace and music note symbol stand for her love of singing/music, and the paintbrush stands for love of art/drawing.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Kyrit » 04/30/2009 5:53 PM

After about 6 hours I won't be accepting any more entries.

Edit: Locking the topic. Will post the winners once they are chosen.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous