If you would like to host your own contest, this is the forum for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Contests

Fire's Contest 2: Bringing more OC's to Evelon~

Postby SpringsSong » 02/24/2009 12:14 PM

Okay, so... I've recently gone through some old story files, and I found a brief outline of two of my OC's, Dena and Rose.  They've become quite prominent in one of my stories [which I shall post for reading as soon as I get the second and third chapters posted], and I've also decided that I want to bring them to Evelon.  At first, I thought about giving them normal pet forms, but then I realized that, while the species may match my idea, there are no colors available for them.

So!  Here's what you need to know about them, first of all.

Dena is a young musician who plays the oboe.  She is rather quiet at first, giving people the impression that she is either shy or stuck-up, with the former being the actual case.  She can sometimes see into the future, but it is her choice whether or not she shares this knowledge with anyone.  She has a boyfriend, Cyril [an Organic Battleheart], but she sees him as... a little too dependent on her presence and likes to take rather long trips away from wherever he [and her own parents] are.  She has a bit of a rebellious streak when she wants to, but for the most part, she is rather docile.
Rose, who is Dena's closest friend, is the picture of loyalty.  She has always been there for Dena, always is, and always will be, despite the notions that Dena's parents have about her constant attention to her.  Even though Dena has tried to stem these notions herself, she has had little success; making any meetings between Dena and Rose very few and often secret.  She is a trumpeter, composer, and an explorer: she often manages to get Dena out of her parent's [and Cyril's] sights to drag her along on explorations to ancient cities that last upwards of your standard school semester [18 weeks].
Now, I do have some rules for this little contest.

~No Lucain, Kuhnas, or Paragon.  I want these characters to be non-breedable.
~No overly emo designs.  Dena and Rose are far from Goth/emo.
~Make sure to fill out the form to the letter.  I find anything missing, I disqualify your entry.
~You may submit one design for Dena and Rose altogether.  That makes two entries possible.  You may not put two designs for Dena or two designs for Rose in the same post.
~To prove that you read these rules in the first place, put the word "eagle" at the bottom of the order form.

Okay... now for the entry/order form.

Code: Select all
[b]1. What pet species do you want customized?: [/b]
[b]2. Eye Color: [/b]
[b]3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.) [/b]
[b]4. Accessories: [/b]
[b]5. Background Type (See below): [/b]
[b]6. Total Cost: [/b]
[b]7. Method of Payment (Paypal, Mail, etc.): [/b] Mail
[b]8. Which character is this for?: [/b]Dena or Rose
[b]9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?: [/b]

The prizes are as follows:
~1st Prize: 300KS and $4 for the giftshop
~2nd Prize: 150KS and $2 for the giftshop

Please keep in mind, though... if there are two people that have good designs for Dena and Rose, I will give them both 300KS and $4 for the gift shop, and second place will be eliminated.

Also, the end date on this is... not going to be set for a while, as I currently can only send in for orders via mail, and since custom pets are not open currently; and I do not entirely feel comfortable giving my email to other people to buy these for me.

That being said, post away~

Current Entrants for Dena:
*Toon-Souseiseki
*Ketsala
*Tsukiya
*Fallen_Snow
*Cookie

Current Entrants for Rose:
*Tsukiya
*Fallen_Snow
*Cookie
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Fire's Contest 2: Bringing more OC's to Evelon~

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 02/24/2009 3:25 PM

Meh...  i'll do it...  I shall edit alot!!!!  So don't mind me.  so here we go:

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Normal Fenling
2. Eye Color: Midnight blue
3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.) The base of the fur is white and the orange is changed to a light purple, around like #e395e2.  Inside of the ears are pink, and the crystals on the tails is Dark blue.
4. Accessories: both ears pierced with hooped gold earings, a silver bracelet with in red saying "Best" on the front right.
5. Background Type (See below): White
6. Total Cost: Around $10-$13
7. Method of Payment (Paypal, Mail, etc.): Mail
8. Which character is this for?: Dena
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?: Fenling is completely loyal to her friend, The colors are a symbol of faith and Heaven in the night, and the add ons are for Friends and is polite to anyone.

Now to do Rose...  That'll be hard!
EAGLE!!!
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby Ketsala » 02/24/2009 8:02 PM

Ahaha~ I'm so new to this site! This looks like a lot of fun, though. ::3:

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Purine Albie
2. Eye Color: Deep Purple
3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.) Everywhere a normal Purine Albie is blue, this pet is purple. (Hex code #660099) Symbol on armband is an egyptian-style eye, armband is purple, symbol is white.
4. Accessories: Earrings in shape of a musical note (eighth note)
6. Total Cost: 10$
8. Which character is this for?: Rose Dena! Ack!
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?: Albie because she seems like an Albie to me, purple because...I like purple? ^_^;; The eye symbol because it represents her psychic powers, earrings for her musical talent.

Eagle!

EDIT: Ack! I got them confused- this is for Dena, not Rose! Whoops, sorry! :oops:
Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam,
Et lingua eius loquetur indicium.

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem,
Quoniqm kum probates fuerit accipient coronam vitae!

Kyrie~, fons bonitatis.
Kyrie~, ignis divine, eleison.

O quam sancta, quam serena,
Quam benigma, quam amoena esse Virgo creditur.
O quam sancta, quam serena,
Quam benigma, quam amoena,
O castitatis lilium!
Ketsala
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 63
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/24/2009 9:29 PM

Your entries have been noted thus far; I've also added ShQ human avs to give you an idea of how they look in human form.  And no, those sparkles don't follow Dena around.  I just liked that top, but it came with sparkles.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 02/25/2009 3:34 PM

*runs in and grabs a spot*
Will get stuff in when i got some time o3o
*bird swoops in* (Eagle)

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Tsukiya » 02/25/2009 4:08 PM

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Purine Rexel
2. Eye Color: 6b95ba
3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.)
Main Body: 5e2c1b
Flames/Clouds: 323558
Ribbons/Bells: c6a222
Patches: a2c4fe
4. Accessories: A gold necklace with a gold crescent moon hanging down, around her neck.
A gold chain around the right, front leg with a half a heart (Red)(Left side of the heart) hanging off of it onto the paw. Must have a R sketched into it.
6. Total Cost: $13
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?: I chose a Rexel because they reminded me very much of Dena. :3 As far as the colors, I picked them from the human avatar. XD; The accessories I chose because I figured they would match. :3; The half a heart pendant, however, will go with Rose's design. :3

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Common Shielupe
2. Eye Color: 1d9225
3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.)
Main Body: d06245
Ribbons: cb5168
Patches: 8d2e2e
Claws: 434444
4. Accessories: A silver necklace with a red rose hanging down on her neck.
A gold chain around the left, front leg with a half a heart (Red) hanging off of it onto the paw. (Right side of the heart.) Must have a D etched into it.
6. Total Cost: $13
8. Which character is this for?: Rose
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?: I picked this species because they're very loyal. As far as colors, again, I went with the human avatar. Again with the accessories.
To elaborate with the heart pendants. I chose this because the two of them are sepperated and must visit in secret and this is like their way of being together when apart. :3

Eagle! ^o^
I'm going in for the kill. I'm doing it for the thrill. I'm hoping you'll understand and not let go of my hand.

Wishlist~
Zoo Pen!
Breeder's Listing
Shop!
Tsukiya
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 126
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/02/2009 11:30 PM

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Rengosett
2. Eye Color: Moss Green
3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.) The Rengosett's body should be a bright red, on the verge of becoming dark pink. The markings and tufts of hair on it's body should be a pink that has a similar hue to the red, but not dark. Sort of just what's assumed a regular shade of pink. The tail flame's highlights should be white/very light gray. The face and paws should be pale skin tone color.
4. Accessories: Pearl bracelet around her front wrist.
5. Background Type (See below): white
6. Total Cost: $10
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?: I picked the species because to me, Rose seems like an exceptionally smart human being, and since she liked to explore, I figured the body that gives her the most moving room would be best for her. A Rengosett just clicked for me. I chose the colors because from what you chose as her outfit that seemed to fit pretty well, and she seemed to have an exciting outlook, so I would've put pink on her anyways, most likely. Again, they clicked and from what I picture, she should be a pretty elegant looking Rengosett. I picked the add-on because a simple but still pretty accessory that she and Dena would share. It would symbolize their friendship and their bond.

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Sygriff
2. Eye Color: Bright Blue
3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.) Alright. His beak and the feet color should be a deep blue. The very inside of the wing should be silver, while the middle layer is blue, and the end layer is navy blue. Their little jewelry things should be silver. The main body color should be white. The scruff should be black. The aura should be a soft blue.
4. Accessories: simple pearl bracelet on the front wrist
5. Background Type (See below): white
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?: I picked a Sygriff because it seemed to fit her the best: they're both very passionate for their talents(such as her love of the oboe) and are very creative and thoughtful. Their personalities just work for me. I chose the colors because of how their portrayed in your picture and they just look really pretty together. 8D I also chose a pearl bracelet because it, like I said before, is simple and not complicated like Dena and Rose's relationship, and it symbolizes their friendship.

Fly like an eagle~
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Cookie » 03/03/2009 9:04 AM

Entering~

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Blood Hallowheart
2. Eye Color: Light blue, Almost silver
3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.) Colors on the markings on both the body and wings are a dark blue. Base color, along with the horns and wings are White. The marking on the chest flashing a dark purple color.
4. Accessories: Galactic like dust around her (Like in the picture)
5. Background Type (See below): (Your choice)
6. Total Cost: 10$ (?) (May be more because of the galactic dust, but it says on the site that add on's are 3$)
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?: The species because it seems better to fit her personality then the other pets I had in mind. It looks better as for the add on also and the markings are something that I also thought of as a perk. The colors because of her clothing, the more blue colors and such. Her eyes match her human form of course. The add on because of the Galactic dust in her human picture, and also because telling the future does seem to have that sorta theme about it..

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Temple Hallowheart
2. Eye Color: Light blue
3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.) Markings on the hallowheart are red (About the same color as her outfit in her human form) and her base, wings and horns are white.
4. Accessories: None, I'll explain why in #9
5. Background Type (See below): (Your choice)
6. Total Cost:  7$
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?: The species because of her dragging Dena off to explore, seemed to fit quite well and it is also a Hallowheart like her friend. Colors because of her colors in her human form, I sorta wanted them to match.
I picked no add on's for her mostly because I didn't see anything that would really be good to add onto her, I would add the instruments she plays but I think it would crowd the image. I think it would look better plain as it is, but if you really want an add on you can poke me and I'll try to find something that fits.

Eagle~
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 03/06/2009 1:35 PM

All entries up to this point hve been recorded. =p

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 03/06/2009 6:53 PM

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Sun Learf
2. Eye Color: #2BD500
Base:
Rose Learf Base
But you see, I suck at drawing, and on the paws I invisioned green vines with little blooms. But that is optional depending on how 'plain' you want her.
Base Color: #D00611
And the stripes are the same color as the Sun learf's.
4. Accessories: An old silver rusted chain with an emerald amulet (thats a diamond shape.. Not shaped like a diamond but the shape)
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?:
Okay, so I basically chose the species because I instantly thought of dogs, and at first I though of the Sheilupe, but Learfs are so much cuter, and I believe that the Sun learf (Protective, Out-growing and selfless) has Dena's persona to the 'T'.  I also would adore to get a custom learf XD.
I know that the design itself is plain jane and typical but I just adore her colors, and the eyes generally stay the same no matter what form they are in.
The necklace was because she loves to explore and there was some mention of ancient runes? Hence the old necklace~ :D

Eagle~ <3 (I'm doing Dena later)

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby PhoenixRoze » 03/10/2009 8:06 AM

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Penticorn
2. Eye Color: deep royal blue. Not so dark you think it’s black
3. Describe, in as much detail as possible, what colors you want on the pet and where: (To make sure you get what you envisioned, please be as specific as possible! We don't read minds.) a deep (But not *too* dark) rosy-pink colored body, with black ‘points’ (Legs and nose and ear tips). The black on the legs going up just past the knee and hawk (Back knee) joints. Her mane and tail should be the same rosy-hue as the body only much darker, and quite shiny.
4. Accessories: A black treble cleff pendant on a sturdy but pretty silver chain
5. Background Type (See below): light
6. Total Cost: $10
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?:I own horses, and I know that for the most part, they are very docile creatures (Except for the abused ones, or specific individuals that have a mean streak). They also definitely have a mind of their own, and love to rebel if they can get away with it (Or think they can). The colors seem to fit in with that docile yet rebellious nature, and those colors popped into my mind when I read her profile. The Treble cleff pendant is to symbolize her musicianship.

Eagle. I'll work on Rose next
PhoenixRoze
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 238
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 03/11/2009 10:37 AM

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Leawolf
2. Eye Color: Pastel blue #74BBFB
pastel blue tongue and horns, #74BBFB
a creamy colored body #FFEBCD
dark brown triangles / markings #5E2605
4. Accessories: A black rectangular case with a handle (oboe case) and a golden necklace with a half a gold heart pendant (a zig zag cutting it off)
6. Total Cost: $15 I think (Not sure on accessory cost but 7 + 2 for a retired pet +6 for two accessories)
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?: The Leawolf's strike me as a somewhat shy species since they start off as a plant base, then as you get to know them they open up and go chill with you. I picked the oboe case for obvious reasons, since she plays, and the necklace could be half of a BFF necklace where Rose has the other half. I tried to stick mostly to her picture, thus the pastel blue eyes and the darker (hair) brown markings and pale  creamy colored body (skin).

1. What pet species do you want customized?: Common Sygryff
2. Eye Color: medium bright green #397D02
Outer wings and upper face a semi-dark red, #DB2929
beak and talons a silvery gray, #999999
markings across chest, tail and ear black, #000000
cheek part and inner wing feathers white, #FFFFFF
neck ruff and middle wing layer medium pale pink, #FF9999
tail swirl and body jewlery (arrow things) gold,
body  (front and back legs) creamy pink-cream darkening as it lowers #FFDAB9 darkening to #E3A869
4. Accessories: Where the Blaze sygriff has a flame, Rose will have a golden music note symbol. Golden necklace with the other half of the BFF heart.
6. Total Cost: $13 I think? (Not sure on the accessories)
9. Why did you pick the species/colors/add-ons that you picked?: Sygriffs are able to bend time a bit around them and I thought this would be useful in her helping to sneak Dena away from her family. It also mentions them being passionate and Rose seems passionate about remaining friends no matter the odds against them, plus wings will come in handy while exploring. For the colors, Again I wanted to loosely base it off of the colors in the human version. I thought about having a piece of sheet music near her feet since she's a composer but I didn't want to put a bunch of add ons and make the price too high, so I settled for the music note on her hip area and the other half of the necklace she and Dena wear. Seeing how she likes to explore, I gave her a bit of a tan on her legs, darkening towards her paws since she would be walking and reaching for things, thus exposing her lower arms and legs to the sun a bit more.

EDIT: EAGLE - I'm such a doof sometimes. Thats what I get for typing it up in word.
Image - Image
Scribble Scrabble on the wall, who is the meanest of them all?
Riff Raff and Bark Gruff, I'm not scared of your huffing bluff.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/11/2009 12:32 PM

As much as I love your entry, Shae, I cannot accept it because you did not follow all of the rules. :S

Phoenix, Celtie, I've record your entries [mentally].

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 03/12/2009 6:08 PM

I've edited my post, and sorry about that. -shot-
Image - Image
Scribble Scrabble on the wall, who is the meanest of them all?
Riff Raff and Bark Gruff, I'm not scared of your huffing bluff.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/24/2009 3:00 PM

Oooooooookay~ Now that customs are open again as is snail mail, the end date for this contest is August 6th!

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next