Have you written a story that you'd like some others to read and give you some feedback? Or maybe you want some opinions on a piece of art, a custom design, or even a roleplay post. If so, this is the area for you!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Feedback

Do you like the idea Kyrit pitched (see linked post)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: Changing the Post Minimum

Postby Redd » 05/19/2017 3:36 AM

Aright I popped this in the Discord because I forgot about this thread whoops. Quick copy pasta here but.

Since a clear majority prefer the word option (especially since it's possible to have a word counter in) I've snuck a word counter into the posting form, just as a little trial? Let me know thoughts? Is it too annoying, too hard to see, should it have 'Words:' in front of the number, etc, etc? It doesn't automatically update unless you type something after clicking preview so 8'l That's one thing I'm aware of. The rule isn't in place yet, this is just to help users ease into it and test I haven't broken things.

Also it's good to see exactly how big the 75-100 word posts are, if anyone was on the fence about that.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/19/2017 2:10 PM

As the majority of users voted for one form or another of a word count limit, it's looking like it is indeed in our future (Currently it's looking like 75 is what most people like)! There was one other suggestion that I kept meaning to get around to posting and kept losing track of time.

My suggestion;
50 words - This is for basic RPs. Marketplace orders, general roleplays, anything where you're only standing to gain 5 KS. Essentially, you're wanting to grind for money, have a relaxed word count, or you're actually spending money.
75 words - Breedings, hunts/exploration, holiday/event RPs - roleplays where you stand to gain something more than KS. As a side note, if we did something like this, the staff could also consider bringing KS gain back to the breeding area (Kreepy seemed alright with this idea when I mentioned it to her; haven't run it by other staff yet). Maybe RE would even bump up success rates of hunts (no promises, that's just an idea).
100 words - Site plot/major even roleplay - essentially, thus far, just the war RPs. Obviously we'd like to do other site events some day, rather than just the war. Of course, any posts made for the current site plot that were done before the shift to word count will still be 10 sentences instead of 100 words.

Without a doubt we'll be moving to the word count system eventually, but I figured I'd give time for people to still pitch ideas on how we structure it. I've also updated the poll to see if users like this idea or not, and definitely feel free to speak up on why you do or don't like it!

(Meanwhile, you guys can have some time to get used to the word counter that Kreepy added! I am liking being able to see the word count for this post climb as I type it.)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/19/2017 4:38 PM

oo!  Neat, I really like the word counter.  The amounts seem fair to me!

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re:

Postby Mojave » 05/19/2017 8:46 PM

Kyrit wrote:As the majority of users voted for one form or another of a word count limit, it's looking like it is indeed in our future (Currently it's looking like 75 is what most people like)! There was one other suggestion that I kept meaning to get around to posting and kept losing track of time.

My suggestion;
50 words - This is for basic RPs. Marketplace orders, general roleplays, anything where you're only standing to gain 5 KS. Essentially, you're wanting to grind for money, have a relaxed word count, or you're actually spending money.
75 words - Breedings, hunts/exploration, holiday/event RPs - roleplays where you stand to gain something more than KS. As a side note, if we did something like this, the staff could also consider bringing KS gain back to the breeding area (Kreepy seemed alright with this idea when I mentioned it to her; haven't run it by other staff yet). Maybe RE would even bump up success rates of hunts (no promises, that's just an idea).
100 words - Site plot/major even roleplay - essentially, thus far, just the war RPs. Obviously we'd like to do other site events some day, rather than just the war. Of course, any posts made for the current site plot that were done before the shift to word count will still be 10 sentences instead of 100 words.

Without a doubt we'll be moving to the word count system eventually, but I figured I'd give time for people to still pitch ideas on how we structure it. I've also updated the poll to see if users like this idea or not, and definitely feel free to speak up on why you do or don't like it!

(Meanwhile, you guys can have some time to get used to the word counter that Kreepy added! I am liking being able to see the word count for this post climb as I type it.)

Everything about this is yes. c': ESPECIALLY bringing back the KS gain from breedings, OMG.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 05/20/2017 10:23 AM

I definitely agree with having different word count requirements for different types of posts! For me, it kinda helps to have different requirements, anyway, so I can see where I would need to plan out my posts a bit better. It's also nice that we can have all three word count options in there instead of just one of them. It's like one huge compromise! =D

By the way, watching the number on the bottom left steadily rise is not only useful, but kind relaxing for me as well. c: I'm 100% on board with this whole setup!

About the Hunts and KS from Breedings, I'm not really familiar with those systems yet, so I don't have much helpful input for those. But, I do like the idea of gaining KS from the Breeding posts since the word count requirement is higher than a regular RP! c:

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/20/2017 1:56 PM

I really enjoy this wordcount thing!! And I like your parameters, Kyrit! <3

I personally think bringing back the KS gain for breedings would be a fine idea, especially if users are putting in more wordcount than normal RPs. That being said, maybe upping the price ever so slightly of rooms would work? So users don't get totally reimbursed (it would be silly if they were--getting babies for free? No no no), but it lessens the sting of a breeding room fee.

Though if I'm thinking about it, forgoing KS gain in the breeding areas and just lowering room price would do the exact same thing. So uh.

Hmm.

Actually it's kind of a hard situation in that regard. I don't think breeding should be free--and if we brought back KS gain, doing a Kuhna breeding would actually be profitable. You'd spend either 40 or 80 KS depending on if you had a partner or not, and then you'd gain at least either 60 or 125 KS just by completing the 25 post minimum.

Lucain and Paragon and Soveris, too, actually. You'd be fully reimbursed. It would be free, and if you did a self breeding, you'd gain an extra 5 KS. We could always try it, but breeding might seriously blow up again like it did in the past.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Previous