Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

Re: Be Mine [crow and zapdragon555] [L?]

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/19/2018 11:40 AM

Perhaps the kiss had been a little much before he'd said anything. He laughed slightly at Chan-ho's surprise, before he quieted and let the other boy speak, considering him with a note of serious attention. The smile didn't leave his face though, more than happy that his plan was working out. "Awesome," he breathed, nodding his head, rinsing his hands under the stream of water. He was quiet for a few seconds, then, "I-I didn't wanna admit it but for some reason I was nervous to ask you out like this," he chuckled, sheepish.

I'm always free for you. His heart swelled in his chest at the words, and Young-soo leaned in to peck Chan-ho's cheek. "That sounds perfect. That being said... I'm lame as hell and haven't picked a place yet. Didn't wanna get that far just in case something came up. Plans breaking is the worst," he snorted, embarrassed. "I'll... I'll think of something good, though, don't worry." Face pink, he glanced back up at Chan-ho. "Thanks for the massage," he murmured. "I wanna learn that. Massage techniques, that is... I wanna do it for you, too, sometime in the future." He cracked a smile, grinning jokingly after a moment. "If I try now I might break you or something. Karate chop your back! Hiyah!" He brought the side of his hand down gently on Chan-ho's shoulder, but just hard enough for water to splash slightly, making him laugh as it splashed against himself.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby crow » 02/19/2018 9:14 PM

Chan-ho arched a brow. "You mean... like this?" he said, motioning to the two of them, and how very naked they both were. He knew that wasn't what Young-soo meant--- probably--- but it was a pretty bold move all the same. And Chan-ho felt more comfortable making light of it, especially after having psyched himself out like that just a moment ago.

This time when Young-soo kissed him, Chan-ho leaned into it. He smiled at Young-soo's admittance, shrugging one shoulder slightly. "It doesn't have to be anything big," he said. Considering his own track record, the bar couldn't possibly be that high. "I just... want to be with you, is all." He couldn't bring himself to look at Young-soo when he said it, his voice gone quiet and soft on the last few words.

Young-soo's joke brought another laugh out of him, and he was about to reply when suddenly the water went cold. Chan-ho yelped, hurriedly soaping his hair and rinsing it off, his movements jerky with chill. "I'll teach you later," he said. "For now we'd better hurry up and get out..."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/20/2018 2:31 AM

Young-soo laughed at Chan-ho's gesture, waving him away playfully. "Yeah, something like this. But also in general. You don't have to be naked to fluster me, dude," he snorted, face pink and smiling even as they kissed. Chan-ho's next words gave him pause, made the nervous excitement in his chest settle into something softer, more kindred. He cleared his throat, realizing he'd been staring for a moment. "I-I do, too--"

And then the water turned icy, and he yelped, grabbing the soap and hurriedly soaping himself down while Chan-ho washed his hair. Shit, well, at least he'd gotten what he wanted to say out. No rest for the wicked, it seemed. "Yeah, agh, next time we should call first," he laughed, ducking under the freezing spray to rinse off, then scrabbled for the shampoo. By the time they got out, he was sure he'd have permanent goosebumps. At least cold showers were beneficial... probably. Somehow.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby crow » 02/20/2018 5:15 AM

The Hello Counsellor taping came and went. Chan-ho wasn't the type to tire easily, but boy if listening to other people's problems for five hours while being filmed didn't do it. He had to stifle a bit of a yawn as he exited the van, stretching his arms high into the air. He couldn't imagine how much worse it was for Nathan, since this wasn't even his first language.

He headed into the dorm, but only to change. The outfit he was wearing, while not exceptionally uncomfortable, had been chosen for looks over practicality, and the shoes were in fact a size too small. He breathed a sigh of relief as he pried them off his poor feet. At least they hadn't asked him to dance more than a little in them. He was going to tell their coordinators not to give him those ones again.

Digging through his closet, Chan-ho considered his options. Casual... That was what Young-soo had said. But it was still a date, wasn't it? How casual was 'casual'? Chan-ho had dated a few times before, but it was always short-lived, and at no point had he ever really stopped dressing to impress his partner. It was true that Young-soo had seen him in a tracksuit without makeup before, which was about as dire as it got, but...

"Ah, I don't know," he said, making a frustrated noise and pulling out the first thing his hands landed on... which ended up being a pair of skinny dark-wash jeans. Not bad. Pretty versatile. He picked out a graphic tee, a red button-down, and then a puffy black jacket with a feather-fringed hood to go with it. His shoes were a slightly oversize pair of red high-top sneakers with white stripes, a particular favorite that he'd kept from a CF shoot.

At the door, he grabbed the small backpack of things he'd packed last night. Young-soo said it might be an overnight trip. Just what kind of date was this, exactly...?

Well, he was going to find out soon enough, Chan-ho made his way downstairs, then waited at the foot of the building, trying his best not to look too conspicuous.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/21/2018 2:46 AM

It wasn't too long before Young-soo pulled up to the curb in a not-too-glamorous car, a black one, whose fender looked like it had seen better days. Upon closer inspection, it was the same car he'd used to look for a lost, drunk Chan-ho that rainy night. Chan-ho probably didn't remember it, to be fair.

He rolled down the window and grinned, then blinked at Chan-ho's attire. "You look good," he chuckled, patting the passenger's seat. "Hop on in." Young-soo seemed to take 'casual' very seriously--a white T shirt and stonewash jeans. "It's a little bit of a drive... so if you wanna grab a drink or something for the ride, we totally can."

He let Hyun-jin know they'd be out for the night, deciding it was a courtesy Young-soo probably owed him after everything. No funny business, he'd assured him. No getting drunk. Probably. He grinned slightly to himself, turning down the radio for a moment so that he could hear the other boy a bit better.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/21/2018 2:52 AM

Chan-ho arched a brow at Young-soo as the car's window rolled down. "This isn't yours," he said, a note of mock accusation in his voice as he picked his way around the car and slid into the passenger seat.  He didn't recognize the car itself, but for a moment, he felt himself flash back to the memory of two weeks ago. It was already becoming blurry at the edges, but he remembered Young-soo mentioning a car, remembered how he'd tried to kiss Young-soo in the back seat...

Subtly, he pinched himself. "I'm, uh, good for drinks, thanks." He cleared his throat, and then, in a tone a little more like his usual, he said, "Where'd you get this from? And where are we going anyway?" Young-soo had been pretty mysterious about the whole thing, so naturally Chan-ho was dying to know.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/21/2018 3:26 AM

"Nope. Belongs to a friend of mine," Young-soo confirmed with a smile, patting the steering wheel. He noticed Chan-ho's brief moment of silence before the answer, and he reached over with a hand to rub at the boy's shoulder. "He's cool about letting me borrow it--his roommate has one and all he ever does is stay inside and play video games anyway."

He grinned, showing he was partially joking, and took his foot off the brake, returning his hands to the wheel. "And... yeah okay, I've been secretive long enough. Since... since you took me to a place that was special to you, I wanna do the same. Just... I dunno, it's not much, but it's a place I loved to go when I was really little. And the town has some nice little restaurants... a hotel... things like that." He was quiet for a moment, then shrugged, groaning slightly, despite the grin on his face. "I'm lame, just say it! But it's all I could think of... a-and it's sorta important to me, I guess, or whatever."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/21/2018 3:39 AM

Chan-ho offered Young-soo a smile and covered Young-soo's hand with his own for a moment before letting it go. "Your gamer friend's car, huh? This is a pretty swanky date so far," he said. It was hard to tell if he was joking, though mostly because Chan-ho's default was to joke all the time.

He listened with interest to Young-soo's explanation, but somewhere along the way, the comfortable warmth that had been building in his chest went cold and leaden. He was suddenly aware of just how small the space was inside the confines of the car, how close Young-soo was. His pulse quickened. He swallowed against the lump in his throat, laughing weakly. "Well hey, I showed you mine, so you might as well show me yours," he said, but it didn't have quite the same carefree quality that his quips usually had.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/21/2018 3:50 AM

"Hey, I try my best," Young-soo chuckled, shrugging a shoulder in embarrassment. A small part of him, mostly repressed, squirmed in nervousness over this whole thing. Surely Chan-ho was just teasing him, but there was a twinge of worry that he truly was being super lame, and that Chan-ho deserved--or rather, more accurately, expected--something more exciting than this.

He tapped his finger on the steering wheel, Chan-ho's joke putting him at some ease. "Damn straight. Those are the rules, it's only fair," he laughed, then let the breath wind out of him in a sigh through his nose. He was quiet for a moment, listening to the muffled radio on the lowest volume setting, the car noise almost overtaking it. "It's... a bit of a drive. About three hours, or a little less... sorry," he murmured, wincing. "We can totally stop somewhere on the way to stretch our legs and such."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/21/2018 4:24 AM

Watching Young-soo's excitement falter solidified that leaden feeling in Chan-ho's stomach, but Young-soo's soft apology was like a stab in the gut. Chan-ho wished he could rewind time just a little, and try that much harder to sound like everything had been fine. How much more effort could it have taken, to sound like his normal self? It should have been easy. All he did was pretend anyway, so he should have been good at it. And Young-soo had put up with so much of his bullshit already. They's agreed to do this, made plans and everything. He couldn't just screw this up now.

Chan-ho put on his best smile, and nudged Young-soo's shoulder with his own. "It had better be suuuuper embarrassing," he said. "Do you have any baby photos? Hey, let's see if we can recreate one when we get there." He dug around in his pockets and came up with his phone. "This thing have an aux port? It's not a long car ride if we don't sing some Adele!"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/21/2018 4:32 AM

Young-soo blinked at the nudge, a grin finding its way onto his face as he stopped at a red light and glanced down at the mess of things on the console between them. He nudged some wires around until he came up with one that looked like a headphone jack at the end, and he wiggled it in front of Chan-ho. "We're in luck! Fire away," he chuckled, pretty down with some Adele right about then. "If the high notes don't kill me first, maybe we can get through her most recent two albums." He'd been so busy practicing their most recent songs, he hadn't had much time to listen to other music. Shame.

As the car started moving again, Young-soo had tapped the address into his phone and set it up on the dashboard. He wondered if it was normal to need a GPS to find the way home, when it should probably be such an ingrained route. He never was good with directions. He eyed the low battery on his phone, but thought nothing of it. "Which part you want, main or harmony? Or we'll fight over it," he snorted, feeling a bit more at ease now than before.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/21/2018 4:42 AM

"That's pretty ambitious," said Chan-ho, "but I guess it's true we have three hours to kill." He plugged his phone in and thumbed through his library, pulling up 'Hello' as soon as he found it. The grin that spread slowly over his features as the opening notes played was a little more genuine, a little more stable. Right. He could do this. Nothing distracted from pretty much any possible problem like two rappers caterwauling to a song they weren't even a little bit equipped to sing in a language they didn't really know. Or, hell, one rapper, even. If there was anything Chan-ho was good at, it was making a fool of himself.

"Parts? That's vocalist stuff." Chan-ho waved his hand dismissively. "Let's just see who can belt the chorus the loudest." True to his words, as soon as the music swelled, Chan-ho took a deep breath. "[Hello from the other siiiiiiiiiiide! I must've called a thousand tiiiiiiiiiiimes!]" His accent was atrocious, and possibly even worse than it actually had to be. His singing broke off into something garbled and incomprehensible as he tripped over the syllables, and ended up with him just yelling the last few notes before striking a diva pose.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/22/2018 2:19 AM

This was familiarity. This was nice--whether it had been in a group or just the two of them (the latter admittedly more rare), singing in the car had always been fun, always been hilarious, and always put him at ease despite the laughs and friendly jeers from his bandmates over his less than passable singing voice. Young-soo cringed with a snort of laughter at Chan-ho's belting, and picked up halfway through the other boy's singing. "[To tell youuuuuu I'm sooooooorryyyy, for ev-ry-thing that I've dooooone, but when I caaaaall, you neeeever, seem to be hooooahg--]--ah, shit," Young-soo cackled, coughing over his broken voice, thankful for the red light to get a grip on his laughter.

"We should try out for lead singer roles, don't you think?" Young-soo joked when the song hit an instrumental part, grinning at the road ahead.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/22/2018 7:39 AM

Chan-ho laughed, clapping Young-soo on the back as Young-soo coughed. "For sure. Show that vocal line who the real artists are. Hell, maybe we should try out for King of Masked Singer," he said. It was easier now, like this. The joking--- that was familiar territory, and it didn't feel so different from before.

Still, the lyrics of the Adele song hit a little too close to home, even if he didn't understand all of them. Chan-ho put on a Twice song when 'Hello' was done, and put on his best cutesy voice as he sang along, miming as much of the dance as he could sitting down. He knew the routines by heart, learned partially because he liked girl group dances and partially because it was a good trick for the variety circuit. On this particular occasion, he made up for not being able to dance with his full body by pushing the cutesy gestures way over the top, making hearts with his hands in Young-soo's general direction and winking outrageously.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/24/2018 6:03 PM

Young-soo tried his damnedest to keep his eyes and attention on the road (and honestly his low experience with cars was still a stumbling block in doing so), but Chan-ho's goofy show in the passenger side was making him quickly lose his focused look, a grin cracking across his face as giggles spilled out of him. He thanked god for the sign for a rest stop--if Chan-ho kept him cackling like this, it could be dangerous for more reasons than one. One of those being that he forgot to use the bathroom before he left.

At a stop sign, he leaned over to sneakily kiss Chan-ho's heart-shaped fingers, more just bumping into them with his mouth with a snort of laughter. "You know this too well. Have you been sneaking off to practice with some secret underground girl group?" he joked, grinning as he moved the car forward and turned onto the lane that would lead him up to the rest stop. "Also--sorry bout this, but I gotta take a pit stop. We could grab some food or something there," he offered with a softened smile, stomach hurting a little from laughing. It was a good hurt, though.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext