Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Blind Date: Dinni x Losia

Postby SpringsSong » 02/24/2017 3:26 PM

Losia watched as the Nemuwit prepared the popcorn, and once they had their concessions, she followed him over to the open-air theater.  It was impressive, to be sure: she'd never seen something quite like this, and she looked around in awe.

"Hm, let's see..." she said, looking around.  Each movie had its "best spots" to be in: in action movies, the best seats were towards the front if you wanted to feel like you were "in" on the action.  Other movies, the ideal spot was the back.

"How about... there?" Losia asked, pointing towards the center of the theater.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/25/2017 12:37 AM

"I think that looks radical," Dinni agreed.

He settled into the spot Losia had chosen and put on the headphones. He took a sip of his caffeinated sugar water. They'd arrived just in time--the trailers for the upcoming movies had just started to play. Some animated family comedy about a bunch of Scribblen in a paper world.

"Hey, you know they, like, call them 'trailers' because they used to play AFTER the movie? That, like, totally blew my mind when I first heard it! And they didn't come out until the movie did. Super cool."

He knew a few other pieces of movie trivia, and until the movie started, he could keep saying them. Maybe that would help him stay awake, thinking abou trivia...

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/27/2017 9:49 AM

"No kidding?" Losia said to Dinni's little bit of trivia.  "I don't think I would've guessed that, to be completely truthful," she said, watching the trailer about the Scribblen with some interest.  These movies certainly looked interesting...

"I don't suppose you know any other trivia about movies?  I must admit, I'm curious," Losia said, putting the headphones on so that one ear was covered, and the other was not--at least, until the movie itself started.  She popped a piece of popcorn into her mouth, savoring the buttery flavor.  She'd been told that it would be hard to make a bucket of popcorn last for an entire movie--well, she was fairly certain that the Paragon who told her that had gone to the movies in their human form, and had ordered a standard bucket of popcorn.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/28/2017 3:31 AM

"Hmmm," Dinni said, thinking. He always thought of himself as more of a sports nut than a movie nut. He memorized the stats of all his favorite athletes--mostly track and field stars, though they never seemed to get much mainstream attention--but he really only ever went to the movies a few times a year. But then again, he'd always had a spongy brain for trivia of all sorts.

"You know the first movie animated totally with computers? The Playthings?" Dinni didn't know that it was highly unlikely Losia knew about it, given how she hadn't been in Evelon that long. "The computers that made it were, like, less powerful than the cell phones people use nowadays. I think I read that modern home computers are, like, a hundred times more powerful! Crazy, man. That movie came out the day after my dad found me. I've always felt, like, a special connection to it."

The final preview ran. The screen flashed a reminded to the audience that now was the time to put away those super-powerful phones Dinni had just been rambling about.

((Behold, my attempt to translate a real-world piece of movie trivia into Evelon. I don't know the exact specs of how much more powerful modern computers are than the state-of-the-art ones that made Toy Story, but I thiiiiink they're about 100 times more powerful? I'm not suuuuper clear on the computer specs.))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/03/2017 9:40 AM

The blank look that Losia's face adopted should have been a clear indication to Dinni that she didn't really have an idea of what he was talking about, but just in case, Losia shook her head after several minutes of thinking, and considering what he'd said.  "I can't say I've ever heard of that movie," she said, a lopsided embarrassed-smile on her face.  "However, that certainly sounds like it was quite the accomplishment for its time!"

As the message requesting patrons put their cell phones away came up, Losia looked up at the sky for a few moments.  It was a beautiful evening; the stars were beginning to shine, and it was neither too hot nor too cold--a perfect evening for the movies.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/03/2017 2:25 PM

"Huh? You've never heard of it? Wow! That's crazy!" Dinni suddenly realized that his statement probably came off wrong. Losia did live in a forest, after all. "I mean, erm... but totally understandable given where you come from and all that. I, uh... maaan, I'm sorry. That probably came off as suuuper insensitive."

He looked up at the sky and sighed. Right now, it was that perfect temperature that seemed to exist only at twilight. The stars were putting on their best and brightest, and it was looking to be a truly spectacular evening.

And the movie began in earnest with a gentle, mystical string piece, as a deep, sonorous, lulling voice began to narrate the legend of the Paragon-Hearted, who, according to the voice, had been the first person to be able to change between human and Paragon forms. But it wasn't a skill that came by him easily, oh no, and it was...

...Something. Because Dinni already found himself drifting off, soothed by the perfect temperature and the beautiful stars. Half-awake, dreamy images floated in and out of his mind for a minute or so before he was asleep in earnest, and he felt himself on the edges of that dream he always had, the one where he was at the center of... something... some grand summit of people from all over, for some amazing purpose...

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/09/2017 11:08 PM

(Ack, apologies for the delay in posting!  Got a little... caught up in gaming things >w<)

Losia watched the screen with interest, curious about the story that was about to unfold, when something tickled the back of her consciousness--something that she felt occasionally, but usually set aside these days.  Since becoming a Paragon and leaving her life as a dream spirit, there were times when the dreams of others would still find their way to her, and she would peer in and observe them, but she didn't really do much beyond that.

This, however, was different than all the other times.

Losia began to peer in to Dinni's dream, but it was... foggy; almost incomplete.  At first, all she could see was what Dinni saw--him, at the center of something.  Losia looked around slightly, trying to get a feel for where she was in the dream.  Dreams that were fuzzy around the edges made Losia curious, and sometimes, she would guide the dreamer in the direction they needed to go.

But first, she needed to find out where she was.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/10/2017 6:04 PM

Dinni had not yet realized he was dreaming. A part of him still thought he was watching the movie, and that it began in some sort of... arena. But everything around him had the foggy, slightly oversaturated pinky-purpleness of a dream to it, and he wasn't yet aware of what that meant. He found himself sitting in a room overlooking the massive colosseum from a high window. A crowd roared below, and thousands of indistinct faces waved from the crowd. Emotions swelled and tossed within him as he watched.

This place was good. This was a place he was meant to be. Here he was going to achieve something great.

Droves and droves of people had come out to watch. He and the others who were competing here were going to make history.

Who were the others? Curiosity overwhelmed him as he tried to picture their faces. He couldn't. But he knew they were fellow athletes and he deeply respected them all...

Suddenly, he felt as though someone was nearby. Someone familiar, somehow...

"Who's there?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/10/2017 6:55 PM

Losia watched the crowd carefully, observing as best she could.  The sounds of the Colosseum were almost overwhelming, but they felt right.  This, of course, was only natural--the feelings within the dream were that of the dreamer; in this case, Dinni.  She moved a little closer to try and get a better look at things--

--but then, Dinni called out.

Losia paused before deciding that there was little harm in this.  She made herself visible, stepping forward to where Dinni would be able to see her.  Her wings seemed to have a mist coming off of them, and her markings seemed to almost glow in this environment.

"It-it's just me," she said, lowering her head sheepishly.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/11/2017 11:52 PM

Dinni smiled at her. Yeah. It's cool to see her here, he thought. But his mind churned. He had no objections to seeing her here. But this wasn't a place he would expect to see her.

"How did you get here?" It was an innocent, ordinary, everyday sort of question. But in asking it, he let a bunch of other questions into his head. Like, for example: Where was here? He was so caught up in enjoying being there that he didn't realize he didn't know. How had he gotten there? He didn't remember ever climbing any steps. And why wouldn't Losia be there? Why was it a shock?

"Are we... we're not still in the movie theater, are we?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/12/2017 3:08 PM

Losia had anticipated the first question that Dinni asked her.  There were many who asked her the same question, and she gave an answer that would fit into the dream that they were having.  However, those people did not actually know her, while Dinni did.

"To answer how I got here is... simple, for me," Losia said.  "To answer your second question is... a little more complicated," she said, looking out of the window at the screaming crowds below.  "The simplest answer to the second is that our physical bodies are still in the theater, but we are dreaming--well, you are dreaming.  That leads to the answer to how I got here: I am--was--a dream spirit.  Such things are second-nature to me.  I could sense your dream, and I was intrigued--I... I do hope you don't mind that I did."

She looked around again, trying to get some sense for where they were in this dream.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/13/2017 9:21 PM

"Maaaaan! SO not righteous," Dinni sighed suddenly. "Not, like, you being a dream spirit or anything. I think THAT'S totally cool, actually. I've never, like, met a spirit before. Not a real one, anyway. There's been a couple gnarly wipeouts I've had on the waves that I got out of okay and thought, 'Somebody was watching over me that time.' Naah, I'm bummed that I fell asleep when the movie started. I ALWAYS do that."

He looked out over the screaming crowd. "So I guess just 'cuz you're a dream spirit doesn't mean you know everthing about my dream, huh." It wasn't a question. "To tell the truth, now that I know I'm dreaming... I've actually had dreams like this a lot. Where I'm at some kind of huge sporting event like this. And it seems cool. But I don't know what it is." He glanced around. The fuzziness of the room seemed to come into focus just a little. He saw cushions Paragon could rest on and some kind of audio equipment. "I think this room might be... some kind of announcer booth? ...Huh. You know, I don't think I ever knew what this room was before."

He sighed."So what's the skinny on repeating dreams? Direct from a spirit herself?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous