Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Blind Date: Dinni x Losia

Postby Freezair » 02/14/2017 2:26 PM

Dinni was never still. Never sedate. He was always moving part of his body, working out the energy that seemed to bubble up endlessly within him. Right now, he paced back and forth, eyes on the skies and his thoughts on the name he'd been given. Losia. He was meeting a girl named Losia.

He'd even been bouncy and restless in choosing the location for their date. Restaurants were traditional... but no, he felt that was too romantic for someone he'd never met. Parks were lovely, but apparently she lived in a forest; she got to see trees every day. He liked going to see sporting events, but those weren't everybody's cup of tea. What about a movie? Movies were fun. Everybody liked movies. Well, he had a bad habit of dozing off in the theater--the darkness was just so soothing--but he figured it would work. And this was a special "fly-in" theater that catered especially to Evelon's larger creatures with open-air seating and extra-extra-extra-extra-large popcorn.

Of course, there was still hoping that there was a movie playing she wanted to see. Boy, he hoped so.

He was surprised at how nervous he felt. Even high-stakes games of soccer didn't psyche him out so much.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: Blind Date: Dinni x Losia

Postby SpringsSong » 02/14/2017 2:47 PM

Losia.  Paragon form.

Flying through the skies, Losia pondered on the name that she'd been given--Dinni.  He was apparently an athlete of some sort, which struck Losia as curious.  Then again, the dream-spirit-turned-Paragon found many things about this world strange, curious, and even strangely curious or curiously strange.  She had combed her mane carefully, and had her scales polished and made sure that her wings looked their best.

As she approached the fly-in theater, she looked around for the Paragon matching the description she'd been given.  She spotted him eventually, and she began her descent, lighting on the ground delicately before looking around again.  After a couple of moments to collect herself and gain her bearings, she turned and approached the blue male Paragon with purple fins on the side of his head.

"Excuse me," she asked.  "Are you Dinni, by chance?"
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/14/2017 3:56 PM

Dinni had been facing the other way, pondering if he should buy snacks then or wait until his date arrived.

He jumped an impressive height for a dragon without wings.

"Oh! Uh... h-h-h-hi!" He looked the Paragon girl up and down. Not only did she match the description he'd gotten--black with iridescent markings, Ambia, and slightly otherworldly-looking in a way he couldn't quite pin down--she'd known his name. She must be Lorsia. "'Sup, dude? I mean, uh... it's a pleasure to meet you, bro! I mean... gah... I'm not very good at this ladying thing, y'know?" He sighed deeply. "Yeah, I'm Dinni, alright. It's super chill to meet you, Miss Lorsia? Lady Lorsia?"

He looked her up and down. Without thinking, he said, "Man, you are rad sparkly. Like, major glitter and rainbows, you know? Awesome wings, man. Awesome." He tensed his shoulders, flexing his own nonexistant wings. "I'm more of a runner than a flyer, if you couldn't tell, but I got mad respect for those that can keep their flappers in tip-top shape."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/14/2017 5:31 PM

For a moment, Losia wondered if she hadn't startled the poor Paragon out of his skin, with how he reacted initially.  After a moment, she offered a calm smile as she nodded.

"It's... Losia.  Just Losia," she said, offering a chuckle.  "Fancy titles and whatnot aren't... really my, how do you say... 'thing,' if you understand what I mean," she said.

When he said that she was sparkly, she looked back at her wings, observing the gradient shimmer in them that looked like a sunrise.  "Well, thank you.  I find flying to be quite relaxing, but I also respect Paragon that cannot fly--they tend to have much better on-the-ground endurance than I do," she said.  "I... I can't say I've ever seen a Paragon with frills quite like yours."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/15/2017 4:11 PM

"Right. Just Losia, then."

His blue skin turned ever so slightly purple as he blushed at the mention of his fins. He knew that they weren't a common occurrence on other Paragon.

"Yeah, my daddy thought they were mondo weird too, y'know? He took me to a doc when I was little to get 'em checked out. And he's a Kalamarei, so he wouldn't know what was normal for Paragon. He found me when I was just a small fry. But I guess it's, like, a rare mutation thing. It's super normal and totally OK. Like bein' albino or havin' webbed toes when you're, like, a human. I can wiggle 'em!"

He then proceeded to demostrate by flapping his head-flippers back and forth. He looked like an indignant frilled lizard. He chuckled a little. His laugh was deep-throated and a little gurgly, as if he was partially underwater.

"I actually like 'em. They get really sensitive in the water. I can feel, like, the currents shifting and stuff with them. Makes it fun to go swimming, and man, do I LOVE swimming!"

He went purple again. "S-s-sorry. I think I'm talking about myself too much. You should, like, tell me about yourself and stuff.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/15/2017 6:59 PM

"Ah, I see~" Losia said, chuckling softly and smiling as she watched him wiggle his head-fins.  She supposed that other Paragon might find that odd--except maybe Sailfin Paragon, save for the fact that they only had one fin to flex.

"Swimming?  I can't say I've ever really done that," Losia said.  "Then again, the clan of Paragon that I live with live underground, beneath a huge tree," she said.  When he said that she should share some about herself, she paused for a few moments.  Her origins were no secret to the clan that she was living with, but nobody else really knew.  After a few minutes, she lifted her head slightly.

"Well, I've lived with a clan of Paragon for... a few months, now.  Before that, there's not a whole lot.  I just remember approaching the clan's leaders and asking if I could stay with them and learn their ways."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/15/2017 9:20 PM

Dinni's eyes light up and his headfins began to wiggle again. "Aww, man, really? That's so cool! Well, I mean, it's not cool that you don't remember. But I'm totally the same way, br--Losia! Like, my daddy found me paddlin' on the shore when I was little, and he asked me where my parents were. But I totally don't remember either! Like, I have these really weird kinda-ideas. But I was totally old enough to remember where I came from before that, but I don't! We're, like, amnesia buddies!"

Somehow it didn't occur to Dinni that other people might be worried by the concept of "amnesia buddies." In fact, other people might be more concerned about having forgotten a part of their childhood in general. But Dinni seemed to think of it as just another fact of his life, and finding someone else who shared that was exciting to him.

"So, uh... what kind of movie do you wanna go see...?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/15/2017 9:30 PM

Losia thought for a moment on the topic of the movies.  Being in a clan of Paragon that largely stuck to their den underground, such things weren't spoken of.  As a dream spirit, however, Losia often thought of the dreams that she observed as movies, as she usually observed--rarely intervening.

"Well," she said, looking over at a display board.  None of the titles seemed even remotely familiar to her, either from prior knowledge or from hearing one group of Paragon from the clan that often ventured out in human forms, so she was flailing for a moment.

Okay, come on... what were our favorite dreams? she asked herself.  Finally, she said, "Well, I've always enjoyed fantasy stories."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/16/2017 3:20 PM

Due to how huge the theater was, they didn't have too many films playing simultaneously. They were a quadruplex, and managed to be so through specialized wireless headphones they gave people to pipe the movie's sound directly into their ears. That said, looking at all their options, there did seem to be a fantasy movie playing. The Edge of Godsland. Judging from the poster, it was a very Nordic-looking thing, with some fur-wearing blond-bearded Viking type wielding a hammer that shot lightning. His companion was a Draculi woman. Curiously enough, there seemed to be a Kuchi Nagi traveling with them as well. The tagline said: "THE MIND OF A MAN. THE HEART OF A PARAGON."

"This looks rad," Dinni said. "I wonder, like, which definition of Paragon they mean, though. It's, like, all-caps, so you can't tell if they mean it in the dictionary sense when it means, like, the best of something, or if they mean like us, like he changes into a dragon or something. Talk about your total homonym confusion, maaaaan." He looked at Losia. "So, we wanna go see this one?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/16/2017 4:22 PM

Losia looked at the poster, examining it carefully as she considered the title and the tagline.  It did look like it had a certain appeal to it, and, admittedly, it seemed like a story that Losia would enjoy.

"Sure, that one sounds good," Losia said, smiling.  "I'll admit, it does sound a little confusing--is he a Paragon in human form, or are they meaning that he's... you know, perfect in some sort of quality.  I guess we'll find out during the movie," she said.  She started to head over towards that theater, but then, she stopped.

"Oh!  Should we, ah, get some snacks?" she asked, indicating the concessions stand.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/16/2017 5:25 PM

"Oh yeah! I bought mondo snack money. I know popcorn is traditional, but me, I always go in for shaved ice. Raised by the seaside, br--Losia."

He really had to stop saying "brah" all the time, or at least while this date was going on. It was something totally automatic to him, but he had the feeling it would get extremely annoying if he kept it up for too long. At least he'd managed to catch himself twice now.

"And I can totally treat you in whatever you want. I made sure to bring a whole bunch extra." With that, he walked into the line at the concession hut, waiting for Losia to decide what, if anything, she wanted.

Hopefully, having something to munch and crunch would keep him awake through the movie, too. Considering it, he also decided he'd grab one of those caffeinated soda pops. Normally he abstained from sugary drinks like that--shaved ice was already his vice--but he decided he needed the help.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/16/2017 5:35 PM

"Mm, popcorn sounds good," Losia said absentmindedly, following Dinni over to the concession hut.  There were several other options to choose from in addition to popcorn, and Losia almost wasn't sure what sounded the best.  Luckily, there was still some line before they would even get to where they ordered and paid, so she still had some time to decide.

"Goodness, there's so many choices..." she said, looking baffled.  "Popcorn, shaved ice, chocolate, gummy candy... gods above, how does one even choose?" she asked, a chuckle behind her voice.  Inwardly, she was leaning more towards popcorn and chocolate, if anything--and maybe something to drink, as well.  Popcorn could be salty, if she remembered right...

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/17/2017 2:18 PM

The line inched along, but soon enough they were next. Despite catering to the larger species of Evelon, the worker operating the concessions hut was a somewhat overworked-looking Nemuwit. Her hat was sagging over her fluttery ears and her expression seemed somewhat pained. But she put on her best customer service smile as soon as Dinni peered over her. "Hi! What can I get you tonight?"

Dinni stepped aside to let Losia draw closer. "I'll let the lady order for herself. Me, I'm gonna be gettin' me a shaved ice. Rainbow flavor with pineapple, cherry, and blue raspberry. And could you also hook me up with one of those super-sized Eva-Colas?"

She drooped at the mention of the words "super-sized." But she fearlessly flittered back to the outsized soda fountain. With a sparkle of magic augmenting her strength, she pulled out a red paper cup that was nearly as big as she was and struggled to put it beneath the fountain. She shoulder-barged the button and began to fill the cup with dark, fizzy soda.

((I enjoy the occasional bits of comic absurdity that arise from Evelon being home to many sentient creatures with very different sizes.))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/19/2017 4:39 PM

Losia looked over the menu one last time before she finally made her decision, watching as the Nemuwit prepared the super-sized cola.  Once the Nemuwit had finished with that, Losia cleared her throat as she glanced at the menu again--a last check before deciding on what she would have.

"I'll have a super-sized popcorn, and super-sized Eva-Cola, as well," she said.  From what she'd discerned about the movies in dreams, and from talking to some of the members in the clan, popcorn and drinks were a standard.  She couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the Nemuwit, wondering if there was any... larger help that could be there to help with the larger orders.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/21/2017 1:18 PM

Thankfully, the popcorn was much lighter for the Nemuwit than the heavy, liquid-filled cola cup. Dinni watched the popcorn machine do its hypnotic work--the big metallic bowl at the top popped gently, overflowing with buttery yellow kernels that tumbled to the floor of the glass box. The Nemuwit used its magic to scoop up a heaping helping of popcorn and placed it in a very traditional white-and-red striped box.

"Anything more for you tonight?"

"I think that's it. Thanks, brah." Dinni left his keystones on the counter and tugged his head in the direction of their theater. It being more or less open air, it wasn't hard to see. Instead of chairs, the soft, grassy ground had strips painted on the lawn to show the sitting spots. Each spot had what looked like a small payphone booth next to it, but these held the earphones that would let them listen to the movie.

"Let's go pick a rad seat."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next