Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Blind Date: Alexis & Dynamic [Middy/Omni]

Postby Jaykobell » 02/14/2017 9:41 PM

What a beautiful day it was today! Sunny with just a few soft clouds against a crystal blue sky. Perfect weather, perfect temperature, perfect everything. Well, he was pretty easy to please — but really, anyone could find themselves enjoying this kind of day!

He was walking alone today; it wasn't something he did often, but just recently he'd received something in the mail about having been picked for a... "blind date" with somebody? Which invitation had earned him quite a threatening look from his roommate. With Valentine's being around, though, he assumed that "date" might just mean a happy, friendly little meeting with someone. The opportunity to make a new acquaintance? He was all for that! His roommate was a lot more skeptical, but he promised he would be careful and that he would bail should it turn out to be a trap or if it just turned out bad. Like the person being a bad cook. Or... not being able to cook period. Oh.

That being said, despite his curiosity, he was late. He wasn't that late, but anyone else would've been running to make up for the lost time. Not him, though; he was already late, and he would get to the meeting place eventually, so why stress over it? He had genuinely left his apartment on time, but then he got distracted on the way to the meeting place. The small array of streets leading to the destination — which was a beautiful, peaceful little park — were full of friendly folks and wonderful stores. A lot of them had nice things like antiques and books — but the majority were food stores. Whether they were restaurants or just your run-of-the-mill food trucks: to him, all of it was food, and honestly, there were few things in this world that he loved more than food.

So not only had a few stores picked his interest — he kept seeing a few things his roommate would like — aside from the trinkets and things, the food had been a real handicap in his ability to actually get to the park. Part of him hoped whoever had been matched with him were either patient or forgiving. But then the other part just couldn't wait to take a bite of that delicious food... And that part was a whole lot more powerful than the other one.

"Hmm..." he mused as he looked over the rows of handmade sweets. Oh man, homemade foods were always the best. Which reminded him of his roommate's cooking: little tasted better than her food. It also reminded him that she'd told him many, many times before not to waste their money on food. But this was a special event, right? Maybe he could pick out something for that stranger he was supposed to meet? Hey, that could make up for being late. "Oh man, they all look so good," he whispered as he eyed the food, imagining what kind of wonderful tastes he would experience from these sweets.

And so he'd been distracted again. This was a decision that couldn't be made lightly. Indeed.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: Blind Date: Alexis & Dynamic [Middy/Omni]

Postby Middy » 02/15/2017 4:56 PM

Alex had been told that she had to meet someone. A 'blind date' she was told, something she had signed up for just to relieve the boredom of being grounded again. Alex made her way to the location in mind, a park, not a place she would really take any 'date' but it was a neutral setting in case her partner was skittish about being in a rough and tumble bar right away. She was admittedly hungry, so she would probably just end up taking her date to said bar regardless. Well, more like a nice pub really.

So she waited... and waited... and waited. Nope, didn't seem like the guy or gal was coming anytime soon. Alex sighed in disappointment, drawing out a crumpled letter from her jeans. Apparently, she was supposed to meet someone named 'Dynamic'. Nope, no other information on this person, not even a photo of the individual. She gave a long drawn-out sigh and crumpled the paper back into her pocket out of frustration. Was she being stood up!?

Whatever, she was hungry so she was going to poke around town to see if she could find a bite to eat. It didn't even have to be in a restaurant, it could just be a quick snack bought at a local shop for all she cared. So she made her way to the streets, stopping as her eye caught sight of delectable looking sweets. Apparently, she wasn't the only one scoping out the delightful looking pastries. "Dammit... I don't know where this Dynamic person is but... they more than likely stood me up..." she muttered, not caring if the man next to her heard it.

She wasn't angry... just frustrated.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

[D2]

Postby Jaykobell » 02/16/2017 12:40 AM

For any normal person, the dilemma would be an easy one: how much money do they have available to spend, and from that, how much food could they buy?

For him, it was just a little different: if he wanted to buy the whole stock, how much money would he need, and would he then have enough for more food later? And if not, then which delectable tastes was he supposed to leave behind, never to be tried? What a cruel world this was.

Despite the agonizing conundrum, that wasn't to say he was completely oblivious to his surroundings. Other customers came and went, and part of him envied their ability to decide so easily. What kind of fantastic self-control was this?

That being said, he could also hear what other customers were saying, including a few passersby, if they were loud enough, or close enough to him. He was slowly convincing himself to not go bankrupt on these sweets when something in particular caught his attention. "Dynamic?" he repeated, turning to the person who'd spoken his name. "Hey, that's me! I'm Dynamic," he told the person, and only a few seconds later did the rest of their comment got processed.

"Stood up?" he repeated again. "Man, that's rude. It's too bad you got stuck with a lousy date like that."

He went back to the sweets. For a few seconds, at least, until he realized what had really happened. "Oh. Wait." He looked up and turned to the person again. "Are you the person I'm supposed to meet for the blind date thing?" Oh. Well, his hoping the match were a patient person had apparently been dashed.

"Hey, that's great! Sorry I'm late," he said, though he didn't seem like he felt bad; but he sounded like a nice guy? Even if he did look a little unusual with his white hair and pale skin; a pale skin that made his freckles much more visible. It was hard to say if his cardigan over his shirt was a fashion statement or a crime against fashion.

"I'm Dynamic!" he said as he introduced himself, extending a hand. "And you're... uh..." He squinted his eyes a little bit. "What's your name again?" He remembered the letter telling him the person's name — but that was pointless if he'd forgotten the letter at home.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/20/2017 9:17 PM

Alexis made a face back at the man, not taking her that long to figure out that he was the same Dynamic she was set up with. She was about to call him out and spew more obscenities that would make a gruff sailor blush, but decided to keep her composure in case this fellow was just... lost. She had to keep reminding herself that she was not out in the vastness of space at the moment, but rather on solid ground. "Yes... stood up..." she managed to mutter, keeping her voice masculine. "However, you are here now, so I am just going to assume that you either got lost or sidetracked."

She took his hand and gave it a good shake, getting a better look at her date with her one good eye. "Yes I am your blind date, the name is Alex. My apologies that you got some handsome male space commander rather than a slip of a thing," she managed to smile at him.

Indeed she looked like a man, so convincingly in fact that most called her by male pronouns. She wore and eyepatch over one eye, a telltale scare resembling a large cut over the same eye. Her clothes were nothing too spectacular, just some casual jeans and a blue shirt, covered by a heavy leather jacket. The only really remarkable thing on her was her black hair with part of it highlighted in hot pink.

"So, you are interested in these sweets or just food in general? Personally, I'm pretty hungry. If you have any ideas in mind let me know, and since we are both male then... might as well just be a guys night out.. unless you are into a real date," she smirked, trying to get a better idea on her strange date. Suppose he was exotic, if anything.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[D3]

Postby Jaykobell » 02/20/2017 10:13 PM

The majority of what Alex said had gone right over his head. He'd heard her just fine, but none of it bothered him in the slightest; his smile never left nor did his voice change from that carefree, happy tone. "Oh, Alex, yeah, that rings a bell!" he said as they shook hands. It was such a common and simple name, too; it was hard to forget. "Hey, I'm cool with a male date too," he assured her. "That's actually better for me, my roommate was already kinda upset at me going on that blind date."

It didn't take long for the date to turn into Dynamic's dream. "Oh man. I'm hungry all the time," he said to Alex's comment about eating out. "I love all foods; sweets or meat or veggies or fruits or anything in-between," he added. "I'm okay with a guys' night out though, sure! I'm down for anything really; especially if there's food involved." What an amazing strike of luck, for this random person to be hungry and interested in eating for this date. Things literally couldn't have been any better.

"You wanna go somewhere specific?" he asked. "I know a looooooot of restaurants in this city: cheap places or expensive fancy places, and everything in-between." Not that he'd tried every single one of them, but he'd read up on them. And he knew where they were. Because that was the most important part. "You can pick a place, especially if it makes up for me being late."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/26/2017 9:33 PM

"Good thing too, I am not too interested in anything long-term anyway, given my work and all," she gave him a smug grin. Yeah, relationships really weren't her thing. A one-night stand here and there was fine, but being a captain of one of the largest space fleets didn't leave much time to play. "Also, your roommate. Is he or she something special to you then?" she decided to ask, just out of curiosity.

However the mention of her date being a glutton did make her smile a bit more. She was also the type to gorge herself on any buffets and diners, just because she managed to burn through all of the calories so fast during missions. Heck, she burned through a lot of it during in-ship dogfights, the adrenaline combined with maneuvering her ship did take a lot out of her.

"Alright then, since you seem more than exuberant about food, how about I let you pick the place? Nothing too fancy though, they always seem to have small portions which doesn't really do much for me," she was up for anything, but since she wasn't too familiar with the area, she would hand to decision making to Dynamic. "Just name a place and we will go. The tab will be on me if you wish."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[D4]

Postby Jaykobell » 03/03/2017 12:52 AM

There were a few questions and answers on Dynamic's mind, but everything went right out the window when the conversation turned into food talk. Alex was letting him pick the place? Well, it's not like he was going out with a woman or anything... so hey! And she wanted to pay too? Oh man. Amazing food and for free?

But — as amazing as it sounded, being greedy wasn't really the way to go. "Oh man, that'd be great," he said at first, but then he added, "but that'd be way too rude. We can just pay our own share instead!" He was a bottomless pit of a stomach, too, so before long he would bring Alex's wallet to the brink of bankruptcy. Man or woman, that was no way to treat a friend. "Hm, for a place though..."

He held his chin, pensive. Fancy places were out — so were places with tiny or small portions. Obviously fast food joints were often cheap with a lot of food options and a good place for your buck; but eating that kind of junk on a date wasn't really exciting. He needed something nice and in-between that wouldn't be too cheap or too fancy, and that always gave out nice plates for the price. "Hmm, how about..." He paused, giving it just a bit more thought.

"How aboooout... maybe one of those sit-in bar restaurants? Where it's like a restaurant and a bar all in one?" Wanted to eat a nice meal but without alcohol or smoking? Sure thing! Wanted to drink with friends and watch a sports game while enjoying a meal? Sure thing! Those kinds of places were the best. "I don't know if you wanna drink and stuff too? Usually people like that a lot. I hold food down just fine, but I don't really do the whole drinking thing," he said with a nonchalant shrug and a small laugh. "But hey, you do you! I know a nice place if that's a kinda restaurant you'd like." And then they could get to know each other more and become friends. If Dynamic wasn't too busy eating once they got there.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate