Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Blind Date: "Cheater" x Stella

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/15/2017 3:15 AM

Cheater sat at the cafe table, tapping his claws nervously on the surface. They'd been thoughtful enough to give him a table with chairs designed for Lucain instead of bipeds, but there was still discomfort roiling beneath his skin. Which might not just be a metaphor, since sufficient mental stress could affect the movement of muscles, and thus cause them to move in uncomfortable ways.

He took a few deep breaths. They had said they would do their best to pair him up with someone suitable for him. And he had volunteered, so this should already have been an outcome he had foreseen. Either way, someone else was hoping for a good experience today, and he shouldn't disappoint them. He just had to wait for them to show up.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Re: Blind Date: "Cheater" x Stella

Postby Skeetzybug » 02/15/2017 4:57 AM

"Does this collar make my neck look fat?"

"For the love of every single god, Stell, you look fine." Despite asking for over fifteen minutes now, Stellaluna still didn't seem quite convinced that her roommate wasn't lying to her. She put on a pout, looking away from the mirror to look back at Sasha with big brown eyes.

"Fine or FINE?" she asked, accentuating the second one with a suggestive growl and a roll of her hips. The kuhna did not look amused in the slightest.

"You are going to knock him dead," she said flatly. "Now get going, or I'm going to knock you dead." With a final chortle, Stella relented, waving a paw back at her friend as she left. She'd been fussing the whole day over how to groom her fur and which collar to wear, to look just right - why, it was such a fiasco, she couldn't even imagine how creatures who wore full outfits even managed to get out the door every morning! Still, she'd done her best to impress. Now she just had to see if it would work.

The bell of the cafe door jingled as she nudged it open, and the sounds of gentle conversation quickly filled her ears. She could pick it all up, swiveling her ears around at each little sound, but she wasn't here for eavesdrop on the latest gossip today. Nope, she was here for... aw man! She'd gotten so excited about being matched up and spent so much time getting ready, she'd barely glanced at the information of the person she was supposed to be meeting! She stood at the door for a moment, wings fluttering nervously as she racked her brain. Aw jeez, she'd done it this time.

[1]

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/15/2017 6:55 AM

Cheater turned his head at the sound of the bell ringing, watching the Tali who entered. She seemed...unsure about what she should be doing. He watched for a bit more, trying to tell if she was just looking for someone she knew or here for one of the blind dates. But even if she was, she wasn't necessarily here for him, was she? It was perfectly possible there could have been more than one pair set up here.

However, he figured, at last, it wouldn't hurt to ask. He got up from his seat, walking over to the Tali.

"Are you here for one of those blind dates?" he asked.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 02/15/2017 11:36 PM

Oh thank the heavens, a hero was here - and he had cute ears to boot. She practically melted with relief as he walked over and asked, tail speeding back up to a steady wag as she addressed him.

"Yes, yes I am!!" she said, practically bouncing on her paws. "I'm so sorry, I got so excited that I totally breezed over who I was supposed to be looking for, and then when I got here I couldn't remember!" It was beginning to come back to her as she looked him over though. Thank goodness, too - it would've been completely embarrassing to not remember anything about her own date. She practically pranced as they moved back over to the table, confidence beginning to kick back in as she settled.

"So, bearing with me after that first impression," she started, giggling a bit at herself. "Your name is Dennis, right? You can just call me Stella - full names are a little stuffy for this sort of thing, don't you think?"

[2]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/16/2017 7:29 AM

He grinned. She was pretty cute-although he wasn't quite sure whether it was "pretty girl" cute or "puppy" cute. His new instincts seemed pretty buoyed by her wagging tail, though, so he just smiled back at her. He did peek into her mind a bit, just to make sure she wasn't secretly an axe murderer-nope. She seemed fine! And-cute ears? He had to prevent himself from blushing.

"Yeah, that's fine," he said. "I'm pretty sure the whole point of a date is to be casual. Unless you're going by one of the more archaic definitions, of course, or your culture simply has a different definition of casual. For example, there are places where it would still be most polite for us to be going by last names..." He would probably ramble on for a bit about dating etiquette and history if he wasn't stopped.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 02/18/2017 4:39 AM

Rather than stop him immediately, Stella let him go on for awhile. She loved watching people get excited about things, especially listening to them talk - not to mention, it actually was pretty interesting. She didn't know much about dating etiquette. She didn't know much about etiquette at all, really, at least in the by-the-book sense.

"It's cool you know so much about this," she complimented once he took the time to breathe. "I haven't a clue about it myself. I'd say I barely know the etiquette for around here!" Sleeping in back alleys and underpasses did little for teaching etiquette. Still, with a couple years off the streets under her metaphorical belt, she probably should have invested some chunk of time in relearning expected manners alongside appearances. Whoops. "I'm more street-savvy than fancy-shmancy, you feel?" She leaned forward with a smile. "So I'm glad you agree that casual is in."

[3]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/18/2017 11:03 AM

Cheater actually nearly ran out of air, and ended up panting more than taking a breath. Most of the time, he had someone to stop him before he got that far. Still, he smiled a bit. She liked what he was saying! That meant this date was going good, right?

"Oh, I'm not really fancy, either!" he said. "I'm just a normal guy, you know? And probably less street-smart than you." He blushed as he recalled the time he'd nearly gotten beaten to death over a game of poker. He should probably have blushed more when Stella leaned in closer, but for some reason the proximity wasn't really doing anything for him.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 02/19/2017 4:50 AM

"Oh, you're probably right about that," Stella said with a chuckle, not at all shying back from the compliment. 'Humble' and 'Stella' didn't exactly go in the same sentence. "Very few people are, I'd wager." She shifted her paws back across the small table, not offering anything more than that. Keeping them guessing was part of the fun, after all. "So! You obviously have quite the good head on your shoulders." Her own head tilted quizzically. "Where does someone end up with such a good repertoire of facts?"

He was really quite the little charmer, whether he was meaning to be or not. He was sweet and talkative, and wasn't even all over her. So far, so good, she decided! Maybe this whole blind date thing wouldn't end up a total disaster after all.

[4]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/20/2017 1:08 AM

"Really?" asked Cheater. "Well, I'll try not to get on your bad side, then." He did his best to chuckle at what he hoped was just a joke. And blushed again at the compliment.

"Well..." His new form had quite a bit of natural muscle, which meant that he had been able to find jobs requiring labor a bit easier than he would as a human. Although he couldn't really just share all that with a stranger! Then again... "Well, I have kind of a side job working with technology. I'm mostly working from blueprints right now, but I'm really good at assembling almost anything! And I know how it works, so I can fix it when it breaks!"
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 02/22/2017 3:41 AM

"Impressive!" Stella offered, head tilting in curiosity as she listened. "I've no idea how to go about building or fixing tech - I'm more of a break-it type, when it comes to that, hehe. I always left the fixing up to my friends." The number of times she'd broken the poor, beat-up boombox they'd had when her small group had all lived together was nearly laughable. Ian always whined about it the whole time Sasha was fixing it, heh. She missed those days, sometimes. "People, though, those I can patch up."

"I'm a social worker, myself," she explained, crossing her paws on the table as she spoke. "I specialize mainly in getting displaced queer kids back on their feet. Food and shelter comes easy enough, y'know, but it's the holes left that need fixing. I'd know." She'd let Cheater talk most of the time so far - it made Stella feel a little less self-conscious about her chatterbox habits. She could get talking about herself, her work, her friends, or just about anything far too easily. She didn't like quiet. "It's good to meet someone else as passionate about what they do."

[5]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/22/2017 6:13 AM

"Hey, that's fine. Philip-one of my friends-tends to break stuff a lot too. As long as you've got friends who can fix things up, you'll be fine. Besides, fixing people is much harder than fixing things! There's a lot more you need to take into consideration there!"

He blinked at her comment. A social worker, huh. "Really?" he asked. "I've...dealt with some social workers, when I was younger. Most of them were...not the best. But I guess they weren't really equipped to handle situations like mine either, so I can't really blame them either." Speaking of which, he wondered if Lucky was fine. He certainly hoped that his disruptor was working... "But since you have a specialization, I'm sure you do much better at that!" Right, he probably shouldn't say something that was insulting to his date...
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 03/03/2017 4:10 AM

"Oh, no offense taken," Stella chirped, waving a paw for emphasis. "Most days I want to take my coworkers' heads and just crack 'em together, so I can understand the lackluster experience. Even I'm not perfect." Most people who came to folks like her tended to be dubious, and it was a shame that it was for good reason. She liked to think that she was doing better than the average.

"Professionals of any field have a tendency to be know-it-alls," she continued. "That attitude really doesn't help as much as they seem to think it does, especially when it comes to the... hmm." She paused there, the phrase feeling weird in her mouth. Weird? Nah, that's not right. She tapped the edge of her paw to her muzzle. "The unexplainable," she finally decided. "It often translates into unbelievable for them. There are a lot of weird things that happen in Evelon, though. You can't blow everything that people tell you off, even if it sounds bizarro." Speaking of which, Stella's sharp ears were picking up another blind date couple in the cafe and oh ho, it was not running smoothly. She had to resist listening in. She was not here for gossip, she reminded herself. "So yes - topic shift aside, heh, I like to think I'm helping, at least in some small way."

[6]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/03/2017 9:10 PM

"Really? You should try it sometime, so they know you're serious." Cheater did grin, though, trying to express that he was mostly joking. "But hey, don't worry about that. Perfection's an arbitrary milestone anyways." Were dates supposed to go like this?

He nodded at her comment about unbelievable things happening in Evelon. "Oh, I know that first-hand, of course," he said. "It's quite easy to observe that kind of thing, if you're willing to accept it. I used to be a bit stubborn about that kind of stuff for a while, but once I let go of it everything fell into place." He had picked up on the discontent from that other blind date, but was choosing to ignore it. He felt his was going much better.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 03/06/2017 4:12 AM

Good gravy, this guy was something. Dismissing perfection, accepting of oddities, sense of humor? Alright, wrap him up and pay the bill, she was sold. Sure, it wasn't your average date conversation, but how much did you really learn from those stereotypical questions anyhow? Oh boy, your favorite color is blue. I am so enthralled.

"You know, it's not every day a girl gets to meet someone she sees so eye-to-eye with," Stella said, her tail giving an enthusiastic wag as she leaned just slightly on the edge of the table again. "I hope you're enjoying the conversation, because I certainly am." She let one of her paws sliiiiide slightly across the surface, just into his space. Not the most subtle, but again, this was Stella. Dennis was free to ignore it if he wanted, but like hell she wasn't gonna give him the chance.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..