Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Blind Date: "Flinch" x Grid

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/20/2017 1:13 AM

Flinch was...well...flinchy, today. His assigned blind date had ended up with him standing at the mouth of a cave, which according to the packet was "safe enough." He had no idea what that meant, or any idea about the casualty rate. Not that he was too worried, really, since he was pretty sure he'd be able to avoid any dangers. And apparently if they got lost the agency would send someone to look for them.

Either way, it seemed his blind date was really into this kind of place, so he'd done his best to be prepared. He'd packed himself a satchel of water, along with a head-mounted flashlight, some snacks, an inflatable raft, and some rope. Now all that was left to do was to wait for his partner.

[Note: He'd probably be introduced to Grid as "Willis." His nickname is mostly used among friends and in his internal narration.]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Re: Blind Date: "Flinch" x Grid

Postby Moofius » 02/20/2017 2:26 AM

Oh man! She had always wanted to try these places out, but there was always a more daring, unexplored, danger-scape that was begging to have Grid stick her nose in there. It was always fun, of course, but she was always left wondering about these tourist cave escapes.

This was her chance and with a “date”, or as she had be calling it, a “daaaAAAaaate~!” when she had talked to Lusrd about it. Her friend hadn't been keen on it, but she had assured him she was just doing a tourist thing.
“Tried and true, TOTALLY safe!”

Nobody could be sure of 100% safety, and of all the things Grid could assure it was the opposite, but these were details. She told Lusrd as much when he had asked.

Grid saw her date right away, since he was a lucain and all. The woman waved to him eagerly, pausing to adjust her own pack before she ran over, short curly bob bouncing as she ran up.
“Hey Willis, right? I'm Grid!” She asked, beaming with lightly painted lips. Grid gripped her shoulder straps and bounced on her heels, “Thanks for the great date idea! I see you're really prepared too. I brought a map and boots... Apparently we will hit water, but not so much that we can't wade through it, but you never know. I'm just really excited for this...”
Grid clapped her hands and looked from her partner to the cave, the entrance to which was lit with electrical lights around the entrance and inset in the floor to guide the way. How long it lasted, well, they were about to find out.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/20/2017 7:04 AM

Flinch had already noticed which direction those footsteps would be coming from, so he was able to turn to face Grid when she arrived. Wow, she was pretty eager to do this, wasn't she? Still, she seemed pretty nice, even if she was apparently human.

"Yeah, that's me!" he said. "And I looked up what we should bring, and I brought everything-even the kitchen sink!" He opened the bag, revealing an inflatable toy shaped like a sink inside. It didn't take up that much space or weight, and opening with a joke was always good, right?

"Oh, it actually wasn't my idea. The people who set us up to this said you were into it. I'm certainly glad they were right about it!"
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/20/2017 8:00 PM

Grid laughed out loud and took the inflatable sink out.
“Where did you find this?” she asked, still giggling as she turned the toy around to both look around the entire thing of it and to find the blowing part to deflate it. Grid loved jokes, but she was also adventure practical, and this was not practical.

Oh? Huh, wow, they put in a lot of work for this thing. I mean, I didn't even sign up for this date thing,” she laughed and shrugged before pressing the “sink” under one arm to try and deflate it, “This should be fun. I guess you didn't have to pay for it either, bonus!”

Once the sink was deflated she folded it up and put it back in the bag whence it came before zipping up the bag.
“Alrighty. Well you're packed, I'm packed, ready to go?”

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/21/2017 2:25 AM

He grinned a bit. "I've been wanting to use that one for a while," he admitted. "I was a comedian, back home, and props always got a bigger laugh out of the audience, so I decided to buy one of those as soon as I could. But I never seemed to find the right moment to use this one. You're my test audience!" He winked at her as she deflated and folded it.

"Alright, if you figure we're ready, I'm pretty sure we're ready!" He smiled as he stepped into the cave, his ears flicking as he noticed how different the air was inside. Everything smelled...wetter, was probably the right word.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/23/2017 10:54 PM

“Well you could be a comedian back... here,” Grid chuckled, “I guess you're not from around here? I've been here a few times, but I don't really have a place I call home. Too much exploring to do to stick around!”

Grid followed after her date into the cave, as the entered more of it became visible showing it was actually nicely lit for quite a ways into the natural structure. It didn't take long for the cave floor to get a little rougher than the entrance excluding one appeared to be a main path straight down the middle. The stone was a brick red with lines of tan throughout. LED lights marked the way through the cave, inlaid along the path. They were encouraged to stay in the lines.
“This is really CUTE!” Grid squeaked as she walked the pathway and running a hand over a sign post that talks about the difference between a stalactite and a stalagmite as they approached a section with many of both, lit to be dramatic and easy to photograph.

“It's educational, too. Ha, I'm not use to such a safe, well travelled path. Do you like to go for hikes or explore much yourself?”

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/24/2017 4:31 AM

"Well..." He wasn't sure how much of the whole thing he wanted to share with her, even if it seemed like the supernatural was common here. "Yeah, I'm not from around here. I'm still settling in, you know? And I want to get a feel for what kind of jokes people here like before I go on stage."

Flinch felt relieved when he noticed how much of the cave had lights set up. He silently thanked whoever had taken the time to set up electricity for this place.

"I guess I'm kind of an explorer? I prefer cities, but I do like to go to new cities and check out what things are like there. I haven't done as much wilderness exploration back home, but I'm getting more into it now that I'm here." He had been dropped into the middle of a plain when he arrived, after all.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/24/2017 4:59 PM

(( Clarification: The stone is brick red, but there are no bricks. The natural colour of the stone in this area of the cave is the colour brick red and lines of tan. Just so many people have walked between the LED lights that there's a smoothed out path down the center of the cave. ))

"Cool!" Grid grinned down at Willis, "I'm not great in a city I don't know. I've been to big cities and little towns, and the only places I know for sure are government records and libraries. Maaaybe the local radio or newspaper place. I only go into cities for information, usually. I do like to go to old abandonned places. Old buildings from dead civilizations or abandonned bunkers... All of that requires a lot of research, haha. I mean the best part of the job is the map making and actual exploration, but MOST of my time is spent in corners of cities people don't bother with."

She nodded though, "Honestly cities can be super scary to explore. I can't even tell you how often I've run into danger in the city compared to the abandonned locations... I mean, there's nobody in those places, so the danger is just old traps and wildlife, and they're both relatively predictable."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/26/2017 10:34 AM

"Libraries, huh? I have a friend you might get along with. He knows all sorts of trivia!" Flinch smiled a bit. "Although I guess that's kind of weird to talk about on 'our' date, isn't it?" He nodded as she continued. "Me and some of my friends used to head for abandoned places when we snuck out. We were less likely to get caught there, you see. Until some other people ended up having the same idea." He shook his head, remembering the fight they'd gotten into. Even with the knowledge of their powers, it had been pretty dangerous.

"I mean, there's wildlife everywhere," he said. As if to prove his point, there was a squeaking noise from the side and something skittered along the side of the wall.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 03/04/2017 10:47 PM

Grid just laughed at that.
"My trivia is bad, especially anything pop culture, haha. Most of my knowledge is pretty specific to... Whatever I'm exploring, really. It's all pretty..." She interrupted herself with another laugh, "I'm like the hipster of trivia knowledge! I only know court records and obscure facts about forgotten temples."

As for it being weird, Grid just shrugged. It didn't seem all that weird to her.
"Well I'd assume you'd want a partner to get along with your friends, right?"

Grid watched the shadow and the sound. Relatively small, keeping out of sight, not a danger to her or him in all likelihood. They were also in a fairly high traffic tourism area it was safe. That and her danger senses were not tingling.
"What were you sneaking out for, hmm? You a trouble maker, Willis?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/07/2017 5:50 AM

"Hey, I still think you'd get along well. You can fill in the gaps of each others' trivia knowledge, and fuse together to dominate bar quizzes!" He nodded a bit at her comment. "Well, yeah, but there's different degrees of getting along, you know?"

So far, everything felt pretty fine. He couldn't sense any falling rocks or crumbling floors, just the general dank atmosphere of the cave.

"Hmm...how do I put it? I mean, if you're into bad boys, I can try to put on the look, but it was really just...a low point in my life. I don't really need to sneak out like that anymore."
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items