If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: The Carpal Tunnel of Love [crow and Night] [L]

Postby Night » 02/20/2018 5:25 AM

Amp didn’t scoff, but it was a near thing. “Why Noah, I didn’t know you felt that way about me!” He ginned, sending another lavatious wink in the other’s direction. He wasn’t sure how Noah had reached the conclusion that they were on a date - particularly when he’d been rather blatantly expressing an interest in trying for a threesome with any willing park goers. It wasn’t exactly the epitome of romance.

“It can be a date if you want it to be, but if we’re goong to play the romance game I’m not gonna be waiting until the third date.” He was entirely shameless. Surely Noah wasn’t expecting anything less, though - it was no secret that he had a significant streak of one night stands. Noah may have been innocent, but no one could be that blind.

The god couldn’t say he wasn’t interested, but he had a feeling they had entirely separate definitions of what a date entailed.

“Come on, the line is moving.” Amp surged forward, not waiting to see if the other would follow this time around. By the time they made it to the ticket booth, Amp’s boundless energy only seemed to triple. He held the tickets aloft like he’d received a prize at the end of a particularly difficult boss level. “Let’s go! We gotta find somewhere to get a drink. There’s no way in hell I’m waiting in line sober.”
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby crow » 02/20/2018 6:03 AM

"N-No, that isn't...!" said Noah, flushing at Amp's words. Even though he knew that Amp was most likely teasing him and that he was playing right into Amp's hands like this, he couldn't stifle his reaction.

For much the same reason, he couldn't help but deflate a bit when Amp all but shot him down again. It wasn't like he was disappointed--- he hadn't expected anything from Amp, of course not. It was just yet another reminder that other guys probably wouldn't look twice at a skinny loser like him, magic contract or no magic contract.

It was a good thing he had to run to keep up with Amp. Otherwise he might have just reverted to moping again, and this time without the sanctuary of the hotel room.

The sight of Amp waving his ticket briefly brought Noah up short. It had always struck him as strange that Amp's mannerisms could be so childlike sometimes, even as the words that came out of his mouth were unambiguously PG-13. Or rated R, even. "Do they serve drinks here?" Noah said, peering into the amusement park uncertainty. Weren't amusement parks family friendly establishments?
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Night » 02/24/2018 11:34 PM

Amp snorted, pulling Noah through the gate and shoving several people out of his way in the process. "Most actual restaurants in amusement parks sell alcohol. Even if they don't, you really think that there's not some kid running the roller coaster drunk as shit off bootlegged liquor?" Which, in retrospect, likely wasn't something that the majority of people wanted to hear when they considered the people that were running rides that could actively kill people if they were operated incorrectly. The devil's in the details, he supposed.

He quickly spotted one of the park maps standing guard near the entrance, bolting towards it and trying to figure out where they were. He squinted at the key. "Why do they make these symbols so hard to differentiate from one another?" But he appeared to have found what he was looking for and was off once again, Noah's wrist clasped loose in his fingers to keep them from being separated. He did try to keep it at a manageable pace this time around.

"It'll be good for you. You look like you could use something to drink." Amp was once again ignoring the fact that he had access to a plethora of easier ways to obtain alcohol, the least of which being that he was an omnipotent god that could magic up whatever the hell he wanted. He was going for the authentic mortal experience.

"It'll calm your nerves. Who knows, maybe you'll meet someone to take back to your icecream fortress back at the hotel!"
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby crow » 02/25/2018 4:01 AM

Noah paled at Amp's words. "That's illegal," he pointed out, but his voice didn't sound very confident. "They can't really do that, can they...?" Whatever vestigial excitement he might have felt about the prospect of going on rides--- just the tame ones, even--- dissipated in the face of Amp's claim. Suddenly, he found himself looking at the Hellevator with newfound apprehension.

He didn't even have time to try and puzzle out the map himself before Amp was dragging him away again. He did slow down this time though, for which Noah was grateful. What he was most grateful for was probably the fact that Amp hadn't started hitting on anyone though. Not yet, anyway.

"I'm under-age," he said weakly, when Amp proposed that he started drinking. But the more he thought about it, the more... Well, he knew he shouldn't do it, but if the night was really going to go anything like Amp planned, he was beginning to think it might not be a bad idea if he were drunk for it. "Does it... really calm you down?" He didn't think he was going to find a date wandering around an amusement park on Valentines Day regardless of whether he was sober or not, but calm sounded nice. And within the realm of possibility.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 02/27/2018 6:45 AM

Amp snorted. "Noah, how long have you been a rockstar without coming the realization that people do illegal things all the fucking time?" He asked. It was a valid question; had Noah really been spending all this time backstage and not seen anything questionable going on? Amp found that hard to believe. That's what all the kids wanted anymore - to be rich and famous and to party all the time. It seemed like that was the only reason people wanted to be in music anymore - with the obvious exception of Noah himself, but Amp wasn't about to go saying that the kid was walking the normal path to stardom.

"And since all these other people are doing so much illegal stuff all the time - like drinking and running the roller coaster, for example, or that guy I watched snort coke off a girls tits in the front row of your show three days ago, seriously Noah how did you not see it - it only makes sense that you partake in a little underage drinking." Amp grinned, mischief curling at the edges of his eyes. "I won't let you get caught, don't worry."

The god couldn't really understand Noah's apprehension over having a little bit to drink; but then, he wasn't exactly a model citizen. He'd showed up to Noah's hotel room relatively sober only by some miracle of timing. The fact he wasn't three sheets to the wind or coming down from a three day drug high was honestly nothing more than luck.

"It'll loosen you up a little - let you talk to people. Have some fun. You're just a kid, you shouldn't be wound so damn tight all the time." And there was that faintly sick feeling in his stomach again. It maybe should have dawned on him that he was worried about Noah, but he'd never really felt this sort of thing before. He waved it off as something he'd eaten, more than willing to ignore the fact that he was immune to such mortal sickness.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/27/2018 7:08 AM

"W-Well..." Noah thought about it for a moment. "Seven months, I think? Maybe?" He wasn't entirely sure when he ought to start counting--- the day he made the contract with Amp, or when he got signed, or when they'd released the first song... And he would have hesitated to call himself a 'rock star' anyway, but by that point he was realizing that the question had probably been rhetorical. At least as far as the time aspect went, anyway.

By this point there were more mortifying things to consider. Noah flushed as he processed what Amp was saying about his concert, his features contorting into a drawn-out wince. "You're not serious, are you? Did someone really do that?" he said. It was true that he tended to let his gaze slide over the crowd, or else his nerves still got the better of him, but it was also true that the average age of girls at his concert put them firmly in middle school territory. A lot of them didn't even have 'tits'. Did they? ... Did they?

At this point half the reason he was considering taking Amp up on the idea just this once was to forget about what Amp had just said. "I... I guess if you're sure..." He looked around. There were a couple of restaurants, but they all looked so... friendly. Family friendly. "Where should we go?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 02/27/2018 7:50 AM

"Yeah, but I don't think they were there to see you. They were older - probably there for the opening band, ya know?" He was going to kindly talk around the fact that the children that attended Noah's shows were probably doing equally if not more profane things hidden "safely" out of view in the corners of the venues. He may not have ever been so young himself, but he'd been to enough sketchy parties and questionable clubs to know that mortal children hardly ever followed the rules.

Amp hummed to himself, looking around at the various building and finally settling on one near the back. He could see an open bar at the back of the restaurant through the wide windows in the front. The god nudged his charge towards it and through the door, straight back to the bar. A small golden card appeared in his hand as he waved the bartender towards them. "A whiskey on the rocks for me, and...." He trailed off, turning over his shoulder to peer back at Noah with squinted eyes - appraising. He didn't want to order something for Noah that was too bitter, because he wanted the kid to actually drink it, and he didn't want to seem too presumptuous by ordering a drink without asking Noah's opinion but he doubted the kid had any idea what to order for himself.

"Something fruity for my friend here." Amp hardly looked old enough to drink himself, but a grin and a little flash of magic saw to it that they weren't questioned over identification. It wasn't as though an immortal being went around carrying a driver's license. He handed the card over and turned to Noah while they waited for the drinks.

"What ride do you want to go on first?" Small talk seemed the safest bet. Noah looked more and more skittish the more Amp rattled on about whatever came across his mind, and this entire adventure was going to be pointless if Noah went home.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/01/2018 1:20 AM

Noah felt like this afternoon had gotten well and truly out of his control as he was ushered by Amp into a restaurant, and then immediately hustled to the back where there was, in fact, a bar. Just being there made him start to sweat a little. He had always thought that the bottles lined up along the back were pretty, but now that there was the imminent threat of having to actually drink some of their contents, they seemed to be gleaming more ominously than usual. At him. They were gleaming at him, specifically, as if they could sense just how unprepared and also underage he was.

Noah swallowed.

He glanced between Amp and the bartender, clocking the way the man's eyes glazed over slightly. It didn't make him feel any more comfortable, despite the fact that it meant they weren't asked any questions. He settled gingerly onto a stool once it seemed like they were in the clear, though he still jumped a little when Amp asked him a question.

"R-Ride? Oh, um..." He looked out the window at the rest of the amusement park. Everything felt so surreal. What could he say? The ferris wheel was his favorite, but it was really awkward if you rode alone, and he didn't think Amp would want to ride it with him. Doubly so for the merry go round. All the other rides were either explicitly for children or too scary--- come to think of it, the merry go round was probably for children too, but he just really liked the painted horses...

"The... The pirate ship?" Noah said, finally, tentatively. At least that one only went back and forth.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 03/06/2018 1:47 AM

Amp hummed. "The pirate ship?" It wasn't precisely the most thrilling of choices. The god took a moment to look the younger man over, taking in the anxious way he perched on the barstool beside him, and decided he'd let it slide. He was counting it as a miracle that Noah had agreed to leave his lair of seclusion at all.

"Okay, we'll go find the pirate ship. But then I want to go on a roller coaster!" He leaned his elbows on the bar, pushing his chin against his palms. He darted his eyes to the side, grinning. "I promise I'll even look for one that the ride attendant is sober." Even though it was likely to be none of them. The fact that the public health and safety department allowed places like this to exist still was surprising even to him.

The bartender settled their drinks in front of Amp's elbows, sliding the little gold card underneath one of the coasters. He grabbed for his whiskey with a newfound enthusiasm, downing half of it in one go before offering the fruity concoction beside it to his charge. "Drink up! I promise you won't even taste the alcohol."

Which, retrospectively, was probably a little dangerous. Noah didn't really look like he could handle his liquor, and the sugar would only make it worse. But they were there to have a good time, and Amp was of the impression that one could not be found while sober.

He finished his drink and slid his hand smoothly over the top of it, keeping it full. He didn't want to have to chase the bartender around while he waited for Noah to man up and drink his girly, frilly cocktail. He didn't, however, mind chasing a few of the more easy-on-the-eyes bar attendees. The god caught eyes with a woman a short way down the counter, putting on his most charming smile. She wasn't usually his first choice type - a little mousey, a bit shy if the way she dropped her gaze into her lap was any indication.

"What do you think about that girl over there?" He asked Noah instead, nodding his head towards the woman and hoping that Noah would have the social grace not to openly stare. "I bet she wouldn't mind a little Valentines get together. Unless..." And suddenly, Amp realized that he'd never actually even asked. "I mean, I don't know if girls are really your thing... Maybe that tall guy over by the door?"

If he could get Noah set up with someone, it would be a load of his conscious and then he could really start having fun.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/07/2018 8:17 AM

Noah went a little paler at the mention of a roller coaster, but didn't know what he could say to talk Amp out of it. He... probably couldn't talk Amp out of it, to be honest. But then, well, Amp had only said he wanted to go; he hadn't mentioned anything about wanting Noah to come with him on the ride, specifically. Noah was really hoping that was what he meant.

Before he could decide whether he wanted to clarify that point, the bartender returned with their drinks. Noah blinked as the glass was set down in front of him. Amp's drink looked like the kind of thing he'd expect a bar to serve, but the one in his glass was decidedly more colorful. He pulled it to him and took a cautious sip, eyes widening as the taste of it ran across his tongue, fruity and light. He took a second sip, and then a third. A warm feeling bloomed somewhere in his stomach. "It's sweet," he said wonderingly.

The drink distracted him enough that he didn't immediately catch Amp's meaning when Amp asked him about one of the waitresses. "Huh? Oh, um, yeah, I bet she wishes she wasn't working... Oh. Oh,," he said, flushing as Amp pointed out a man. "I--- I'm not--- I'm..." He sputtered, unsure of what would be a more damning thing to say. The man near the door was rather handsome, but he was clearly also talking to someone, and Noah... "Wait, aren't we here because you wanted to..." The word 'hook up' died on his tongue. "Didn't you say I just had to be your wingman?" he finished, a little desperately.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous