Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

Be Mine [crow and zapdragon555] [L/S]

Postby crow » 02/16/2018 7:54 AM

ImageImage
ImageImage

"Alright! Good work, everyone!"

The boys of KUN-A let out a cheer as Hyun-jin called an end to the practice. Chan-ho, who still had energy to spare, turned his cheer into a loud extended yell, running around the room with his arms sticking out like the wings of an airplane. TK, by contrast, collapsed immediately to the floor, looking not unlike a deflated balloon. Hyun-jin, watching them, laughed a little, helplessly.

"Let's get dinner!" Chan-ho said, circling back to stop near the huddle of other boys again. "I want chicken! Chicken!~"

"Pizza for me," said Jae, who was leaned against a wall and sipping water. Everyone was flush-faced and drenched with sweat.

"Hey, do none of you care about your faces?" said Hyun-jin. "You're going to be bloated tomorrow if you eat junk."

"Aw, hyung," whined Chan-ho.

Deflecting, Hyun-jin looked at the others. "What do you guys want? TK?"

"Ox blood stew," said TK. Chan-ho wrinkled his nose.

"Why are you such an old man?" Crouching, Chan-ho grabbed TK's face with both hands, smushing his cheeks together. "Wearing a face like this too. Whose baby are you? Huh? Huh?" TK made muffled, incomprehensible noises that may or may not have been an attempt at a reply.

Hyun-jin sighed. "Before food, let's figure out how we're going to shower. Rock paper scissors for who goes in together," he said. They were still living in the dorms, so there was only the one bathroom with its single shower to be shared out between eight boys. A lot of the time that meant they showered in groups, or else the hot water would run out before all of them were finished. "Ready?" The boys gathered in, TK peeling himself reluctantly off the floor to stand with the rest in a circle.

"Rock, paper, scissors!"

Everyone threw their hand--- Hyun-jin and Jae with paper, TK with rock. Chan-ho and Young-soo were the only ones who played scissors.

Gazes darted around the circle, and upon registering the results, Jae gave them an odd look. "You two planned this, didn't you?" he said, brows furrowing.

"They have to go last. Jinjinie hyung, make them go last. We can't shower after them."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: Be Mine [crow and zapdragon555] [L?]

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/16/2018 10:46 PM

ImageImage
ImageImage

When Hyun-jin called off practice, a collective sigh of relief seemed to engulf the group. Young-soo's eyes were wild with exhausted laughter as Chan-ho ran, startled and delighted, and a bit too beat to join in. He tried his best with a fist in the air, whooping along with the other boy.

Ji-sung looked about ready to drop, leaning against the wall next to where Jae stood, panting into the air. His mussed hair almost made the image puppyish. Nathan made startled sound in response to TK collapsing, nearly falling against Nathan, a scowl on his face. "Watch it!" he mumbled, then winced, bending down to peer at TK and whisper, "Actually, are you okay?"

Min-hyuk, who always somehow seemed to be largely impervious to the copious amounts of sweat that the other members were plagued with, was sipping a water bottle as he watched the others gather. He stepped closer, breathing as slow and deep as he could through his nose, to watch the events unfold. Exercise always calmed him down, just a bit. Food didn't sound too awesome right then, though... but the mention of chicken was tempting.

"Rock, paper, scissors!" Their joined voices rang out in the spacious room, and Young-soo had to smile internally at his and Chan-ho's shared secret plan. Luckily, it had worked out--but he had to put on a proper scowl for Jae, sneering at him.

"Don't be gross," he muttered, but his facade broke into sheepish laughter at TK's pleas. What a mess... He glanced over at Chan-ho, warmth fluttering inside of him, in spite of everything, in spite of the overworked heat in his limbs.

Two weeks... it had been two weeks since he confessed, properly so, and he and Chan-ho had started dating. It still felt like a dream, sometimes. Mostly, he was happy to have his friend back.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby crow » 02/17/2018 2:42 AM

Chan-ho laughed to see the outcome, then flashed Jae a wink and a saucy grin. "That's for us to know and for you to stay up all night thinking about," he said teasingly. Jae sighed, closing his eyes, brows arched in an expression that suggested he was chastising himself for expecting any less. He turned away from the others, grabbing his things and heading for the door.

In ones and twos, the rest of the boys filtered out. Chan-ho threw his arms around TK and Young-soo and dragged them both out with him, pretending not to notice the way TK kept glancing between them, the very definition of unsubtle.

He grinned and joked the whole way home, but the truth of the matter was that his stomach was alive with butterflies, and honestly, he wasn't sure if they were good ones or bad. He hadn't really been alone with Young-soo since the confession, and a lot of things were still up in the air--- Seung-min hadn't spoken to him directly since the incident, and gave Chan-ho the evil eye when not strictly ignoring the fact that he existed. But Chan-ho wasn't sure if he was actually in any hurry to, well, have that alone time.

They were 'together' now... They were dating. What did that even mean? And sure, it was good to joke and play around with Young-soo again like he used to, but now there was this underlying tension, the threat of some new expectation that he didn't know what to do with. Thinking... wasn't Chan-ho's strong suit, so he tried not to dwell on it, but maybe that was making things worse. It had made things worse last time.

For better or for worse though, he was going to have to confront that today. All too soon, the eight of them arrived back at the dorms. "Dibs, dibs, dibs, dibs," said TK, kicking off his shoes and rushing for the bathroom. Chan-ho blinked in surprise before bursting into laughter. TK was usually such a sedate little guy. Watching him gun it for any reason was pretty funny.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/17/2018 3:35 AM

The walk over had given Young-soo enough time to clear his head from the mental and physical exhaustion of the practice, the night air pleasant against his face, Chan-ho's arm pleasant against his upper back. He laid an arm over the other boy's shoulders, his other hand slipping casually into his own pocket, managing a kind of soft smile as he noticed Ji-sung revitalized, chattering with (or perhaps at) Jae. He just felt more at-ease in general, lately, albeit certainly a little bitter about their busy work schedule.

After promising to date Chan-ho, quite literally, as hard as he could, their schedule was shaping up to be not very date-friendly.

He stretched, shirt riding up slightly, in the air conditioning once they'd reached the dorms, and grinned slightly as TK bolted towards the showers. Young-soo shrugged dramatically and flopped onto the couch, content to wait his turn. It would be a well deserved turn... he'd been wanting a chance to get Chan-ho alone.

His intentions were a mixture of pure and decidedly impure. But after a practice like that, he decided the pure ones were a bit more important. They had a weekend off, which was rare these days and Young-soo had ideas.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby crow » 02/17/2018 3:51 AM

Chan-ho collapsed onto the sofa beside Young-soo, his back leaned against Young-soo's side and legs dangling over the edge of the armrest. This--- This Chan-ho had missed. The casual warmth of another person, even if it was through fabric, and the both of them were probably a little gross with half-dried sweat. He tipped his head back and smiled, more or less content for the moment. Some of that restlessness had settled, though it still buzzed at the edge of his consciousness.

Though he was usually the chatterbox of the group, for the moment he was also content to stay quiet. He couldn't think of anything to say, and maybe that was okay too--- or more to the point, he felt like it was possible that trying to come up with something would just be awkward.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/17/2018 4:12 AM

Young-soo made a quiet 'oof' sound as Chan-ho flopped next to him and leaned back, a grin spreading over his face unbidden. He looped an arm over Chan-ho's shoulder to rest his forearm against the other boy's chest, half hugging him with it. He leaned a cheek on Chan-ho's head, sighing, letting the day properly ease out of him. He hummed the song they'd been practicing a sequence for, haltingly, under his breath as he stared off into space.

Min-hyuk sat down as well and pulled out his phone and earbuds, glancing up at Chan-ho and Young-soo with a small warmth to his face. He cleared his throat, softer than death, and hurriedly put his earbuds in. Young-soo shifted, almost tempted to take his arm off, then decided against it. So things would be a little awkward, for a tiny bit, for some of the members. It was fine--it didn't do much to quell the giddy happiness that still hadn't quite faded.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/17/2018 8:46 AM

Jae took one look at the two of them and sighed, shaking his head and wandering into the bedroom, presumably to game on his phone until it was his turn to shower. Hyun-jin was making something in the kitchen while he waited. Chan-ho closed his eyes and settled more comfortably into Young-soo's hold, smiling contentedly. One of his hands found Young-soo's, and he slotted their fingers together just to see how it felt.

Twenty-five minutes later saw TK emerging from the bathroom, face flushed and hair disarrayed. He slumped down in a kitchen chair, and without missing a beat, Hyun-jin slid a large plate piled with peeled fruit onto the table before grabbing a change of clothes and heading in himself, followed by Jae.

Before Chan-ho knew it, it was their turn--- which was heralded by Jae tossing a towel at his head. "Gee, thanks," he said, picking it up off his face, but Jae was already beelining for the fruit.

"Hey. Did you leave any for us?" he said as TK stuck out his tongue in reply.

Chan-ho sighed, sitting up. "Well, let's head in then, I guess."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/17/2018 7:08 PM

Young-soo had felt something flutter inside of him as Chan-ho wove their fingers together, his tired expression flickering with warmth and recognition. He shifted his head to nuzzle into Chan-ho's hair, smelling sweat and hints of yesterday's shampoo, closing his eyes and just letting himself drift, mentally, with Chan-ho curled up by his side.

And then, someone had flung a towel in his face--their faces. He must have nodded off at some point because the rude awakening made him yelp and sputter, leaning away and frowning at the damp fabric as Chan-ho moved it off. He eyed the fruit, stomach growling, but decided it could wait. He patted their joined hands against Chan-ho's chest in warning, then started to get up, grunting as his back popped. "Yeup," he groaned, stretching, and waved for Chan-ho to follow with a softness in his eyes. On the way to the bathroom he rubbed at his shoulder, rotating it slightly in attempts to relieve the the knot there that had developed at some point over the past few days of practice.

When he walked in, it was still steamy from the last group. He turned round to look at Chan-ho, smiling and arching his brows in a kind of tame mischief. "So your plans do work out sometimes," he teased, face a little warm now that they were alone--or perhaps it was the steam.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/18/2018 2:18 AM

Chan-ho drew a face in the steam clouding the bathroom mirror above the sink. "What can I say? I'm a genius," he said, grinning cheekily at Young-soo. He shrugged out of his practice clothes, tossing them in the basket tucked just behind the door, which was already nearly full. His clean clothes he left on a shelf, along with a dry, fluffy towel.

"Here, do you want to go first?" he said, turning on the tap to test the water's temperature. Fortunately, it was still warm. Chan-ho hadn't missed how tired Young-soo had looked. He took the shower head off the peg it rested on, then twisted a knob to redirect the flow to the shower head, which sputtered to life. He could have left it on the peg and freed a hand that way, but the way it was positioned, they would have had to hunch over the sink to use it. For the most part, they opted to just hold it themselves instead. That was where group showers came in handy.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/18/2018 4:45 PM

Young-soo watched Chan-ho undress with a small amount of bashfulness, but only looked away at the last minute, his face pink in the warm room as he glanced over at the smiley face that Chan-ho had drawn. He found himself smiling, too, and began to pull his own shirt over his head and toss it into the basket. He blinked at Chan-ho's offer, looking over at him as he was halfway through with getting his pants off. "Oh--you sure, man?" he murmured, straightening up with a small grunt of effort (damn his shoulders) and depositing his pants as well. He glanced at the other boy, then let out a small sigh, nodding and grinning almost lazily at him.

"If I can," he chuckled, walking over to Chan-ho, the increased proximity simultaneously making him feel overly warm in his skin, and very at-ease. He ducked under the water, letting it soak through his hair and into his eyes, bringing a laugh out of him. "I promise to save you some hot water. Maybe."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/18/2018 8:27 PM

"Go for it," Chan-ho said easily. He held up the shower head obligingly as Young-soo stepped closer, though his smile faltered slightly at Young-soo's grimace of pain. "Here, I can help you with that." He brought his other hand up to trace the line of Young-soo's neck, unable to entirely resist the urge to tease Young-soo for a moment. Leaning in, he murmured, "If I have to take a cold shower you'd better give me a good reason to want one." But the moment was short-lived; his hand moved down to Young-soo's shoulder and began kneading at the knot of tension there with surprisingly practiced motions.

It wasn't the kind of intimacy that two people naked in a shower together usually enjoyed, but nevertheless, it did feel... intimate, somehow. Nevermind that this was the kind of thing he'd picked up going to bathhouses as a trainee with the older boys. But maybe that was just because it was Young-soo. There were a lot of things, Chan-ho was learning, that were different because of him.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/18/2018 11:10 PM

Young-soo's brows raised slightly at Chan-ho's offer, not quite understanding right away. He drew in a sharp, but quiet breath as he felt Chan-ho's touch on his neck, his shoulders drawing up in instinctive response before they slackened altogether. "Tease..." he mumbled in response to Chan-ho's frankly rather sinful whisper in his ear, unable to help the lopsided smile on his face. The word 'lucky' crossed his mind, lucky that he had someone who would so willingly give him a back rub, would do such silly things as make secret plans to shower together, would smile so easily at him... He was about to say something else, a thank you, but it dissolved into a winding groan as Chan-ho began working the knots out of his back.

He held in his voice at first, but eventually just let it go. Eventually the pained noises turned to something softer, the frown lines between his brows softening, too. "So good," he sighed, dropping his head, half leaning a hip on the sink to prevent from swaying. "Thanks so much... that feels really amazing, Chan-ho." He glanced up, peering at the other boy's face out the corner of his eye. "Before those hands of yours make me forget about it... I had a question."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/19/2018 2:40 AM

The sounds Young-soo was making got a laugh out of Chan-ho. "Man, at this rate they're going to accuse us of having shower sex that didn't even happen," he said. Despite his words, however, his hands stayed polite, even as he passed the shower head to Young-soo so he could better massage Young-soo's lower back with both. It felt good to watch as Young-soo's body relaxed under his ministrations, the tension ebbing away.

He had already hummed an absent-minded, "Hmm?" before what Young-soo had said really hit him, but as soon as it did, a cold spike of panic shot up his spine. The expression on his face didn't falter, but stiffened a little. And maybe it was nothing---but maybe Young-soo had changed his mind, thought it over, realized what a mistake he was making and how much of a mess, in retrospect, Chan-ho really was.

And Chan-ho wouldn't have blamed him. The shower wasn't even that bad a place to dump him; it was about as private as you could get living with six other guys, and... And if Chan-ho freaked out and cried all pathetically like he'd done last time, the shower's water offered him a convenient excuse. Not that he was going to, but maybe that was what Young-soo had thought, anyway.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/19/2018 3:47 AM

"Ahh, their poor expectations," Young-soo laughed, letting the water run down his back, running over Chan-ho's hands too. He felt Chan-ho tense ever so slightly when he'd spoke, and he immediately shifted, turning around to bring his hand behind Chan-ho's head and hold it there, thumbing the back of his neck softly. "Relax," he said softly, kindness in his eyes as he leaned in to press his mouth soft to Chan-ho's, then pull away. "It's nothing scary. I hope not, at least. I just..." he trailed off, then after a moment reached for the soap and ran some warm water on Chan-ho's shoulders. He handed the showerhead to Chan-ho and began to soap up the other boy's shoulders. "It's just we finally have a free weekend, and... I wanna take you out on a date."

He grinned and hunched his shoulders, which felt much looser now thanks to Chan-ho's massage skills. "I mean, I haven't gotten to, yet. You took me on two--or, well, I guess one, technically. So, it's my turn," he said, clapping his soapy hands on Chan-ho's sides with a snort of laughter. "How about it? Is your weekend free?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/19/2018 7:01 AM

Chan-ho made a slightly startled noise in the back of his throat when Young-soo kissed him, barely audible over the sound of the water. The nervousness hadn't quite drained from him, so when Young-soo began running the soap up Chan-ho's body, he backed up slightly. "I can get it myself," he started, but then Young-soo was asking him out.

Oh.

He came up short, the shower head falling slightly from his hand so it pointed at neither of them for a precious moment, hot water spiraling away down the drain on the bathroom floor. "Oh," said Chan-ho, out loud. "A date. Right, I... I knew that." He smiled, then laughed awkwardly as Young-soo brought up the two they'd been on. "I don't know if I would count either of them, actually, but... Yeah. Yeah I'm free. I'm always free for you." But the grand statement was undermined a moment later by a memory, so he winced and said, "I'm free after 3 PM on Saturday, anyway. I have to go in and tape Hello Counsellor with Nathan hyung."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next