Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

A Valentines Date [Mousen&Duskie]

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2018 7:49 AM

(Please move to Aldrect when the event is over)

Zari was dressed up. It was their first Valentines day as an engaged couple (as terrifying as that was) and she was doing her best to make the effort. Belias had apparently planned some sort of surprise, which she was currently regarding with an equal amount of excitement and dubiousness. Her dress came to just above the knee, maroon with gold embroidery and long flowing sleeves. The length made not so much practical for running as adequate and her heels could be stepped out of at a moment's notice. It had been a long time since their last unmitigated disaster, but as far as Zari could recollect their track records with dates was still not great. She came to dates with a readiness to have fun and to spend time with the man she loved, but she also came prepared for catastrophe. She'd never stopped keeping a first aid kit in her hand bag.

Her hair had been put up into a bun, a few loose curls hanging around her face. As she turned left and right to look for him, the tiny gold flowers she'd put into her hair and the heavy gold earrings she wore shone in the light. They were meeting in one of the artsy districts of Aldrect, somewhere Zari hadn't thought Belias even knew existed. The circus had been passing through here, Belias and Zari taking the slow route with them back across Evelon from Whisper Forest to their small cottage not far from the Roraldi forest.

Although, where Belias was precisely was another mystery. He'd claimed "errands" and told her to go on ahead, as if errands had ever kept him from hanging around like an over protective guard dog before. He was up to something, or just being plain odd.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: A Valentines Date [Mousen&Duskie]

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2018 3:13 PM

Belias ran his hand down his face, inhaling a shaky breath and looking to the sky in prayer. Gods, he hoped he could do this right.

He looked in one of the dim windows, the lights of the streets behind him giving him enough of a reflection to work with. He carefully straightened his suit jacket. A sports blazer, really. Over the top of a nice cotton shirt, black slacks, simple shoes. He didn't look half bad, if you ignored the scars. With the scars, he looked more like a mobster.

He shook the thoughts from his head, straightening his shoulders and moving lithely through people, a small bag in his hand as he glanced around for his date and fiancee. When he spotted her, he felt the markings on his body glow bright, his heart thundering in his chest as a grin took over his lips and he trotted towards her.

"I'm sorry I'm late, but I wanted to pick these up first." He smiled, holding up a small bag. Inside, nestled together in soft paper, was a pair of rings, each on a delicate chain, matching together. Belias offered Zari the bag to look inside.

"I know I already gave you one, but I thought we should match." He grinned wide.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 03/02/2018 8:15 PM

Zari caught sight of him eventually, his head bobbing above the crowd. She stood on her tiptoes and gave him a wave. She strode over to meet him as he came towards her and linked his arm around his giving it a squeeze. "Belias! You look so handsome. You should take me out on dates more often if you're doing to dress up for me," she teased gently, smiling at him.

She noticed the small bag in his hand and gave him a quizzical look. "Hm?" she said. She took it from him and peaked inside. Oh. Her expression turned a little difficult to read, there was a kind of wonder she didn't want to break. It was happiness too. How did she ever get to this point? How did they ever get to this point? Through Belias' grief and her impatience and flightiness, their bad luck and a world that seemed very, very determined to do Belias in they had gotten to this.

She felt a lump in her throat that she pretended wasn't there. "They're beautiful. You didn't have to."

Zari had never expected to end up as happy as this. "I love you."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 03/02/2018 8:26 PM

"Didn't have to," he grinned, leaning in to place a gentle kiss against Zari's cheek. "But wanted to." He leaned back slightly, holding up one of the chains with a ring. "I love you too, my desert flower. May I?" He motioned to the ring and chain, cocking an eyebrow with a bright smile.

He was always amazed at how good Zari looked, at how she had decided to stay with him. How she had decided that this old, scarred dinosaur was good enough to stay with. God he couldn't believe how much he loved her. How amazing she was.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 03/02/2018 8:36 PM

Oh god, that old pet name. "Desert flower, again? I thought you'd finally given up on trying to be sickeningly sweet." Her expression was amused though, her pale eyes twinkling, a small grin on her face. "Goodness knows its been a long time since you called me that." Her opinion of that particular name was well-known, but she'd come to have a sort of fondness for it.

It made her think back to evenings in the circus, putting disinfectant on Belias' wounds, changing bandages as she admonished him for some stupid thing he'd done and he laughed at her gently. Or, back at the cottage they'd made their home, curled up by the fire on one of the evenings before he left again. She'd be trying to put on a brave face, but there were times when he'd caught her crying in the bathroom out of worry for him. He'd pick her up, take her downstairs and they'd curl up on the old sofa and watch terrible movies and make fun of them until she forgot to be scared of the future.

She'd let her imagination get away from her for a moment. "Oh, and yes. Of course. Unless you'd like to save them until, you know, actually marry me?" She was teasing him again, unable to help it. Then again, she supposed, tradition and patience had never really been qualities Belias possessed in abundance.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 03/02/2018 8:41 PM

"I'm sure I can find other ones for then." He joked, carefully moving to Zari's back to slip the chain around her neck, moving his fingers through her hair to get the chain to lay correctly across the back of her neck. He leaned over, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing the back of her head gently. He felt his heart flutter in his chest. She always gave him butterflies. Be it waking up to her, first thing in the morning as sunlight speared into his tired eyes, when she invited, or even insisted on taking his hand in hers.

He was in constant awe of just how in love he was with her.

"And even though I haven't called you it in a while, I always thought of it." He grinned into her hair, his arms tightening around her.

"After all, I've always been your old, scarred dinosaur. Surely I get to have something equally as embarassing to call you." Not that it wasn't a wholly undeserved name.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer