Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Blind Date [Mousen&Indigo][L]

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2018 8:59 AM

(Please move to Lamenolai once the event finishes)

The bar was styling itself as a library, shelves of books on the walls, cute little lamps and armchairs in the corners. Still, the walls by the bar held enough booze to make Bobbie happy. She'd picked this place on a whim, since she'd heard it was good, a nice spot for dates. She was between cases at the minute, Cynthia was refusing to give her anything until she'd had a rest and the monotony was killing her. Almost get stabbed by a couple of knife-wielding psychopaths and she was suddenly in need of a holiday? Bullshit. She needed work. Another case to get her going again. The last thing she wanted to do was stagnate.

In lieu of giving her a case, Cynthia had asked a friend of a friend to set her up on a date. Great. She had no idea of who she was meeting other than their gender. It struck her suddenly, strawberry gin and tonic in hand, that if the other person hadn't been given more information than she had they'd never be able to find each other and the whole thing was a bust. Great. She moved to an obvious table by the window. Cynthia wasn't that stupid, surely?

Bobbie was a slim woman, blond hair curled specifically for this event and green eyes so pale they were almost yellow. Her red painted nails tapped a staccato beat against her glass as she waited.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Blind Date [Mousen&Indigo][L]

Postby Indigo » 02/22/2018 8:34 PM

Amarantha twirled around in front of a hat shop's plate glass window, anxiously examining her clothes and checking that her skull pins hadn't fallen out of her hair. It had been some time since she'd had a date, blind or otherwise, and she wanted to do it right. Even if she didn't know enough about the other woman to be sure what doing it right would mean.

The exact series of conversations that had led to this moment had been too complicated for her to follow, but someone who knew someone who knew someone who was a friend of one of her colleagues at the museum apparently knew someone else who needed some company. What was less clear was whether Amarantha would have anything in common with her; apparently that level of information hadn't been passed along, for whatever reason. Communication breakdown. Not uncommon with the colleague in question.

She wouldn't normally have gone along with it at all, to be honest, but someone had pointed out that she'd actually forgotten Valentine's Day entirely this year, and while she didn't normally do anything for it anyway, now she had this itchy awareness of being single which probably wouldn't go away unless she went on this date.

It was a nice bar, kind of a quirky style; she was surprised she'd never been to it before. Fortunately she'd been given a description of who she was to meet, and so she was able to locate the table almost immediately. She half-extended her hand before remembering that this was not a business meeting and a handshake was not appropriate, and just pulled out her chair to sit instead. "You must be Bobbie, or if you're not then you have a doppelganger wandering around somewhere. I'm Amarantha."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: Blind Date [Mousen&Indigo][L]

Postby Mousen » 02/25/2018 6:11 AM

Bobbie looked up as a young woman entered the bar, she'd just started to wonder if the woman could be her date when she started making her way towards Bobbie's table. She gave the woman a smile as she sat down at the table and introduced herself, tucking a strand of pale hair behind her ear. "What an unusual name," she said. "It's lovely.  And, yep, that's me. It's god to meet you, Amarantha."

She took a sip of her gin and set it down. "My friend didn't tell me much about you when she set me up on this." That was if she even knew herself. "I mean, I guess that's kinda how a blind date works anyway." Right? Well, the purpose of the evening was to find out a little more about each other, she guessed. See if they had anything in common.

Bobbie wondered what she should talk about first. Career seemed like a safe option, but it was perhaps a little cold to lead with. As for who set her up on the date, there seemed to be a chain of friends involved that Bobbie didn't really understand herself.

"Can I buy you a drink?" she asked. "They serve most things, cocktails, mocktails, beer." There was always one safe option, at least.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.