If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Tea Time for Two [Moofius & Baal]

Postby Moofius » 02/18/2018 3:49 PM

Safi
Jawan, the Sea City

She tried not to make habits anymore. It interrupted her studies but, to be frank, she had mostly given up on the role she was made for. Yepha didn't seem to mind all that much. Safi had a bigger job than the Goddess had anticipated.

Safi snorted, ripples spreading out across the dark surface of her tea. She had made a bad habit of staying in Jawan for days at a time, and at seaside cafes. Something about the tide kept her hands steadier.

She took a sip and turned her attention to the surf. So many years spent in the dessert, it was strange to hear nature so loud. She expected it of the humans, of course, and the animals to a degree, but nature...

She had experienced quite a few sand storms of course, but they were fleeting things. The ocean slammed itself against the beach with a roar, grumbling a retreat, only to mount another attack. Relentless. Something about the relentless noise settled her.
Another sip of tea before she set the delicate china on it's saucer and reopened the journal she had been holding shut, taking up the pen and adding her observations.

Another nice day in Jawan.
Chaos seen: 0
No further notations on Chaos movements.

Similar entries, with dates, filled the journal for pages and pages, every now and then interrupted by passages of RED she doesn't remember writing but knows it was her. She reports them as they come but, they are gibberish, even to Yepha.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Re: Tea Time for Two [Moofius & Baal]

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/18/2018 9:01 PM

“It’s a lovely morning, isn’t it? Do you mind if I sit?”

A polite voice. Patient. It was almost hard to hear over the momentary rustle of coastal trees and the bustle of early morning boats traversing the waters.

He sat anyway, of course, because it had been awhile since he’d seen her face. Dr. Habersham was not one to forget faces; especially those he had meant to take and replace upon another body, but hey. Those times were past them.

The man in white scooted his chair from the table and sat across from the woman he knew to be an angel, one who had been quite monumental to his plans back in the day. His cup, a borrowed porcelain affair, was steaming slightly, the plume quickly stolen by the coastal breeze. He gave a sigh as his chair was pulled back towards the table, the man sitting back, relaxed as he regarded the woman and stirred his teacup with a silver spoon.

“It’s been awhile, dear. How have you been faring? I’ve been meaning to catch up sooner, but you’ve been rather… busy.”

[1]

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/18/2018 9:22 PM

There wasn't even a moment required to identify the voice. She'd had enough nights and days and weeks and years to wonder where he was, if he was dead, what he was doing. She'd spent time looking for him, or trying to hide herself.

Eventually she'd found a calm, tea fueled, paranoid state of existence as she waited for him to rear his ugly head. She imagined what she might do to him. They flooded her mind, delaying her reaction.

The pen slipped from her fingers as she considered the journal in her lap.
"hn..." She said eloquently, throat closing. Was this the threads? Had he somehow caught her? Was he finally going to take whatever it was he wanted from her?

She did none of the things she wanted to do to him. He did none of the things he wanted to do to her. That worked, a little. This wasn't him it was all her. She tipped her head back enough to look across the - incredibly, uncomfortably - small table between them.

The tips of her fingers turned white as she clutched the top edge of her still open journal. Safi swallowed and took a deep breath. Then a few more for good measure as she took him in. Anger and fear twisted around inside her, one pushing forward to demand and hurt and the other pulling back at the same time. Unlike the ocean this match was tied and she felt a sick sort of calm.
"Dr. Habersham," She tested the words and they felt thick on her tongue. Safi cleared her throat and tried again.
"I don't know what you mean. My research has grown as stagnant as I have restless. Beyond that absolutely fine." She lied, plowing forward, "What makes you think I've been busy? Why have you come now? Here?" It was a cafe, one that was seeing quite a bit of foot traffic. What was he hoping to achieve?

Besides winding her tighter than anyone had any right to be wound.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/19/2018 4:57 AM

“You remember me,” the man said in amusement, whether it be real or feigned, “But I suppose that should come as no surprise from a seraph of Yepha’s order.” The pent up energy he could feel coming from her was cloying, exciting… refreshing, even.

What a bore the past months had been. It was a wonder why he hadn’t sought out any of this troublesome ‘group’ earlier.

The little spoon spun casually, almost hypnotically in the teacup.

Tink tink tink.

Habersham didn’t seem to be rushed for anything in the world, even giving a long enough pause after Safi to think on her words. “Stagnant? That is not what my sources tell me, but I should trust the very source, should I not?” he hummed, spoon removed and tapped politely against the rim to retrieve every last drop. “It is a shame we were not able to catch up sooner then, if your days have been so empty.” There was even a slight pout as he regarded the woman through his glasses. Seabirds squawked just beyond the two of them, Habersham wondering if the angel wished too to take flight and be done with this exchange.

What a bore that would be as well. But he knew she was smarter than that. She knew better.

“I should ask the same as well? Why stroll out for tea on such a beautiful morning? Why do anything as trivial as this?”

[2]

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/19/2018 1:55 PM

What did he take in his tea? She looked at the hot  water in his teacup as he stirred his spoon trying to discern if there was cream or sugar in it just from looking. Milk for sure...

"Sources...? Who... What SOURCES? What do they claim to know of me?" Her shoulders hunched, if her wings were visible they would be puffed up around her. Journal was slammed shut and stuffed into the corner of her armchair before she leaned forward to take up her own, black tea. The saucer and cup clacked against one another as she brought them closer to herself.

"Don't play with me. You wanted something from me, and still do presumably. I could never find a trace of you after..." she had certainly looked, before and after the dust had settled, "I came for tea, but you came to me. For what?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate