Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

A Date at the Temple [Kreepy/Kyrit]

Postby Kyrit » 02/19/2018 5:09 PM

(To go in Lamenolai please~)

There was one thing in particular that Haru had said that seemed to catch Faen's attention above all else. Transportation. He'd mentioned a scooter before, but it'd slipped her mind pretty quickly until now. She'd briefly mentioned to him that she didn't know how to drive, but that didn't meant she wasn't still interested in checking it out. Just, you know, with him being the one to drive. Maybe he could even explain to her how that kind of thing worked while they were at it. She had ridden a bike before, but she assumed it was a pretty different feeling.

"I think I'll be fine to just pick up stuff at the store on the way back," she started out, figuring that the coffee from before was good enough for now. "I've only really been hungry for maybe like... One meal a day and some snacks here and there these days anyways." Likely a result of the changes to her body, but she'd tried to not pay it too much mind for the time.

"I'd love to go for a ride on the scooter though," she added in with an honest smile. To hell with public transportation when she could try out something completely new. "You uh, should definitely drive though." Probably best to note that, to remind him she didn't know a single thing about driving.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1590
Donate

Re: A Date at the Temple [Kreepy/Kyrit]

Postby Redd » 02/20/2018 5:23 AM

Harutte blinked his eyes at Faen, trying to work through if that's how often humans ate. The ones at the market were always eating, but that... was where people came to eat. Apparently the stuff there was some of Lamenolai's best. Oh hey, maybe he'd take her there sometime! Or maybe between performances? He'd probably maybe... not let her watch one of his uh, specialty performances because... well. He was good at what he did but there'd been times he'd maybe overdone it with the intensity of the runes.

He wasn't saying he'd seduced a tourist here or there, but he may have accidentally made a few fall in love with him. The runes were finicky and weren't too picky.

The lizard grabbed an empty backpack out from under the coffee table and started sorting through his belongings, making sure he still had the brochure packed, keys were secure... and after a second thought, he threw two of his juggling torches in. They were small enough and he was sure they'd be safe but...

Well, old habits died hard.

"Sweet!" he called back, wincing a little at how... enthusiastic he was sounding. "er, well. Remind me to teach you some of these days. It's easy once you get the hang of it and I'm sure you'd prefer the freedom." He'd never really... taught someone anything, so he actually was fairly nervous on the idea. But he'd give it a go. How hard was it right?

He stood up and held the door open. "Aaaaanyway, after you. The lift's that way, I just gotta lock up." he gestured down the hall, feeling around in his pockets to make sure he had everything. Just to be sure.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/21/2018 2:36 PM

She wasn't sure she'd admit to it right now at least, but at least back home Faen had actually... enjoyed that particular lack of freedom so to say. It was nice to have at least one guaranteed way of having human interaction per day, having someone take her to work in the mornings and drop her back off at her apartment at night. But perhaps it would be nice to be able to drive herself and go places without having to actually plan it out ahead of time, figuring out exactly which lines to take where, if she was going to have to hire a cab, and all that not so fun part of traveling. Certainly would've made even getting to Lamenolai easier to say the least.

"I'll have to hold you to it," she added in as she started on her way through the door and toward the elevator, deciding that at the very least it would be nice to learn, regardless of if she ended up using the knowledge or not. Knowing that Haru wouldn't be long behind, she pushed the down button and turned back to face him again. "How fast would you say the scooter is able to go?" she called back to him, curious as to if it were able to go as fast as a car would.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 02/23/2018 12:54 AM

((Also excuse hawo if he repeats a question/pretend he's never asked it before. :'l;; my memory is the worst.com))

"I mean... saaaaafety-wise, 30 miles is kinda where you want to stop." Harutte called back down the hallway, fiddling with the... few locks he'd installed on the door. Hey, it was his spot when he wanted to go to ground. No one expected the street rat to actually own real estate now, did they? "That said, I... well, mine can probably get to 45 miles, but that's because she's a little bit special."

Finally. He turned and headed back down the hall to Faen, fidgeting a little to make sure his shirt was actually on properly (gods, he hated wearing the thing). "After... everything, I got some work done on it, just in case I ever did need to get away on the roads." The door slid open with a gentle ding, and Harutte, purely out of habit, placed a hand in front of the sensors to let Faen in. "I mean, I can run preeeetty damn fast in my real form but well, vehicles don't get tired." So he may have been bragging a little. He actually, for all the fighting that they did, didn't really get a lot of time to stretch his claws.

Oh, speaking of.

"So are you and Safi like... good? For real? I thought you'd been staying with her, because it was safer." He asked, curiously glancing at the woman. Probably not the best time to start this, seeing as they were about to leave, but he just... wanted to be sure. "I just... heh, well. I've been hunted by various Chaos factions, in addition to Dr. H and that crazy angel bitch. I...  use my powers too openly, I draw attention."

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/25/2018 6:33 PM

(All good~ I ain't got the best memory either, so. We in the same boat)

Hmmm. So scooters were a bit slower than cars, she was pretty sure. Memory was a bit fuzzy, but she was pretty sure she could recall co-workers driving faster than that in a hurry to get to work, complaining about running late. Probably for the best though, since scooters didn't offer as much protection as a car when it came to crashes.

"Even 30 is faster than I can run, and I'd definitely tire quicker than a scooter can run out of gas," Faen stated offhandedly as she stepped in to the elevator and turned back to face the front. She hadn't actually tried testing her speed in her chaos form though. Perhaps it was out of still feeling like it wasn't really her in that form, but it was probably mostly Safi keeping her from running around so no one could see her.

At the mention of Safi, her gaze diverted to the side momentarily. "Hmm... I think we're still on good terms? Or maybe not if she realizes I took a few feathers with me when I left." An odd thing to admit to, but it probably wouldn't actually be surprising. She'd mentioned before that if she could get a lab set up again some day that she'd work on trying to make a synthetic Dweller meat or something, so it was probably easy to guess what she'd had in mind for those feathers.

Her eyes moved back to him though before she continued, "Being there was a bit awkward though, and the desert is just.... So hot. She's friendly, but I think we've both still got a few screws loose. I've read some of her more recent journals and she still goes on tangents just writing 'red' over and over. And I did promise after we rescued you that I'd try to come find you, it just took me a little while."

While Faen had used the term 'we,' she didn't seem to explain any problems about herself just yet.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate