Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

Take me to Church (I guess) [Skylark & Middy]

Postby Skylark » 02/19/2018 7:54 PM

Upon further reflection, taking the advice of random strangers moments after appearing in a new world with no memories of the previous one was, perhaps, not the best plan of action for someone who looked literally dead. Or so he'd been told. He couldn't remember why being dead was a bad thing, but everyone who'd commented on his appearance thus far had made it sound pretty negative. Especially the last guy, the one who'd told him he'd 'hook him up' and 'not to worry, I know just the guy for you.'

It had been a strange day so far. It was made only stranger when the address the randomly concerned person had sent him to ended up being... a church. He frowned up at the large doors, eyeing over the establishment with a mistrust he felt in his gut but couldn't back up with any real-world experience or actual facts. With a sigh, he swallowed back that gut reaction to knock on the door and... hope. That whomever was behind it could actually help him.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5
Donate

Re: Take me to Church (I guess) [Skylark & Middy]

Postby Middy » 02/20/2018 9:29 PM

He had just finished cleaning the church after a long day. A couple had just had their wedding and while it was fun, it was also exhausting. The life of a priest wasn't just about sermons, weddings, or whatnot, but also helping people, going from place to place, to funerals... it was busy work, but he enjoyed helping people. That is why he stuck with his work so diligently.

A knock at the door, however, caught his attention. Someone that needed help perhaps? Ray set his broom against a wall and approached the heavy doors, opening one to see a strange, albeit lost looking individual. "Greetings. Is there something you need?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Skylark » 02/25/2018 10:57 PM

Finally, the doors opened. He looked up and down at the man who opened them, not entirely sure what he was expecting, but for some reason he was surprised to see a priest. For some reason, based off the man who'd told him to come here, he'd almost thought that maybe... it would be something else. Someone else. Not something. Someone.

Ugh.

"Yes, hello." He said suddenly, stiffly. He frowned, not used to this anymore. Was he ever? "I was told to come here. He said that you could help me and... to give you this." Without further deliberation, he held out a stiff piece of paper that was a small rectangle with someone's name and contact information on it. It even had business information on it, too. Sort of like... Oh, it was a business card. The only thing unusual on it was that someone had written on it. He hadn't bothered trying to read it, something told him he wouldn't understand the context behind what it said anyway.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/02/2018 8:44 PM

Ray looked over the man that was in front of him, a bit odd, but he was someone that was in need of help-- whatever that may be. What struck him as odd, however, was the note that he had given him. Whoever sent him must have known him to be a helpful person, and thus sent him with said note. Ray opened it, adjusting his glasses so he could read it better.

Then he took off his glasses to rub his eyes and put them on again before reading. It couldn't be.... The letter contained an...ominous message from a certain Prince of Lust, it had to be.

"That's odd," he remarked, "It says--- oh I will just read it. Ahem."

"To whom it may concern,

You, yes you, this is a letter to a special someone to go meet a special someone. Take this as a date if you will, to a person who is in desperate need of some love. Go and meet him at St. Mary's cathedral, the address is on the back of this note. Go on, you need some love! Oh and show him a good time..."

Signed,
A
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 03/14/2018 6:54 PM

Well, that was an odd thing to have given to a complete stranger. Vince tilted his head to the side, suddenly staring at the card in something that could only be described as vague horror. Who the heck did something like that?

"I, uh." He cleared his throat, stole a glance at the priest, and then looked away again. "I think he might have misunderstood what kind of help I actually need." And now this was uncomfortable. Wasn't it just his luck? He couldn't help but let his shoulder slump in defeat, feeling most lost and most hopeless than when he'd first woken up in this cursed state.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time, this must have been a practical joke. I'll just... leave."
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/14/2018 7:35 PM

Ray frowned and shook his head, this man was obviously mislead by a certain demon, and it was not fair to turn him away if he needed some honest help. "Hold on, I am open to give you any sort of aid you need. There is no reason to leave if you are lost in any way," he smiled back at the man, trying his best not to show any annoyance towards the obvious trick.

"Come on, I will show you around and maybe we can figure something out. We can even make this a fake 'date' if that is what this person wanted," he tapped his chin for a moment before having an idea strike him, "ah! A platonic date where I just help you out! How is that?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate