A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: They Came From Somewhere Else (M:E|Private)

Postby Kreepy » 03/21/2017 3:09 AM

Ashe leapt forward, eyes locked on the big purple Pride demon. The monster cackled and flicked it's wrist,  the electrical whip catching her shield. Ashe growled and stumbled backwards. Fine, if that's how the monster wanted to play, she had her own tricks. The warrior caught her footing again charged the monster, her shield hitting it full in the knee and causing it to stumble. Before it could retaliate, she raised her sword up in the air and then repeated the same dispelling ability from before, two pulses of white light knocking the monster back.

To her horror the demon pulled itself back to full height, barely even bothered by an attack that should have well and truly destroyed it. "This is the human?" The demon rumbled, it's voice dripping with scorn. It laughed again, switching it's attention to Tony and slamming down the two whips on his position. "Weak." It paused, flicking it's many eyes between the main group and the archers, and raised a clawed hand, gathering a ball of energy and firing it. The ball arced over the heads of the main party and hit the ground behind them with explosive force, and another barrier shimmered into existence, cutting off the party from their support and several shades crept out of the ground.

"Varric!" Hawke turned around and stared in horror at the barrier, the dwarf had been caught on the other side of it. Ashe risked a glance behind her to see who had managed to get on the wrong side of the barrier. Out of her party, only the members capable of close-combat had been caught, including Anders, since some of his abilities had a very short range. Maybe it was enough to bring this monster down. Her mark still needed to charge up a little from using it yesterday, so there wasn't going to be any fancy green powers for a while.

Ashe narrowed her eyes and noticed something moving behind the Pride Demon. "Don't look now, but he's brought more friends."
Baby can you move it round the rhythm
So we can get with 'em
To the ground and get us a rock and roll round

Just a downtown body body coming with a super-hottie
Let's go, yes, no, hell no
Cause you know we're living in the fast lane,
speed up
It ain't no game, just turn up all the beams when I come up on the scene

Zoo Pen | Breeders | Journal | Trades

Lone Digger - Caravan Palace
Am I open for customs? Check this post!
Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Keystones: 522
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 03/22/2017 12:15 AM

This is how he imagined Steve might look like with a sword. And estrogen.

Iron Man watched Ashe sail straight into the fight, launching herself at the massive demon that really did fit it’s title. Definitely not the red guys with pitchforks. Tony was busy punching holes through two magma… demon… things, with the force of his repulsors, when he heard the demon laugh. It was gritty, vibrating voice that chilled him, and he yelped when the two whips lashed just on either side of him.

“Whoa! Jeez. Slow your roll, buddy!” he coughed, his attention on the demon now. That’s when he realized the barrier shimmering behind them now. Greaaaat. There went at like three fourths of their little group. “Ugh. Shit. Guys, I’m no expert at exorcism or anything but how do we get that portal closed?”

[73]
ImageImage
I’m with you ‘til the end of the line.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keystones: 548
Donate

Postby Kreepy » 03/24/2017 7:20 PM

"Glad to see you're still with us Stark." Ashe quipped, after hearing the Iron Man talk. "You actually killed anything though?"

"We kill the Pride demon." Anders called back, pointing his staff at the purple skinned demon and fired a blast at it. The demon swatted it away and retaliated with an electrical blast of it's own. The mage tumbled backwards and made a pained groaned sound. His eyes suddenly flared a bright blue and he pulled himself back to his feet and locked eyes with the demon, almost as if possessed.  "Alright. That's it." He growled, his voice suddenly changing, almost sounding like there was two people talking.

Korinne quickly shot a glance at him, hearing his voice adopt a weird quality. "Well well, looks like you made him mad." She chuckled as she delivered a kick into a demon that had decided to get too close. "Bad news for them."

And then the demons shifted and fell back, as something behind started to move forward. It was a monstrous creature, human in shape but it's skin seemed warped and disfigured, like it had literally bubbled and boiled, melding all features into an ugly misshapen lump. The Pride snickered, stepping back and letting the other one through.

"Maker, what is that?" Ashe exclaimed, backing up purely out of instinct. It looked wrong. Very wrong. "Back up."

"A Sloth abomination. Kill it. Now." Justice-Anders growled as a warning.

"Hmmm? Why would you do that. Wouldn't you rather just... sleep?" The creature droned. It's voice hit Ashe on a level she couldn't quite comprehend. She blinked sleepily and yawned trying to ward off sleep. She risked a glance at her companions, but Hawke was already on the floor and Anders was soon to fall after.

"It's no use fighting little templar. Wouldn't you rather be with your friends..?" Was the last thing the warrior heard, before she hit the floor.
So we can get with 'em

speed up

Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 04/26/2017 4:30 AM

Seriously wow, what did it take to please this sexy Inquisitor? "Hey wow, I've got a pile going here, damn," Tony laughed as they fought, having to take to the air to avoid the whips again.

Something else had shifted forward though, the sight of the thing making his stomach turn a hit. "Oogh. Man. They probably have... cream for that, sir," he sassed at the demon. Of course Anders decided to go all Exorcist on them, adopting another voice and a glowing eye sort of look to match. It almost reminded him of Hulk, though he wasn't sure who was more terrifying.

Tony was just firing one demon into the other, before trying to turn for the Pride demon, seeing as this was all its fault when-

Oh.

The Sloth had turned to him, droning in the same voice. He could just... see his group again, he could go back... it wasn't worth fighting for... Sleep was best.

Even Iron Man was not able to resist and his armor plummeted from above, toppling into an unceremonious heap. All before he awoke again... and in the manner of dreams, it was like he'd already been here for a bit, it was not so foreign a place that he did not immediately freak out, at least not yet. "Ooooagh... What a fuckin' nightmare. Can't wait to tell Cap about this one," he said, voice echoing a bit until he realized that he was not in the Avengers tower at all. "Guys...?"

[74]
ImageImage

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Postby Kreepy » 04/26/2017 4:44 AM

Ashe opened her eyes and blinked once and then again as the room swam into focus. She... was on a bed? Maker, a really comfortable one too - she couldn't even imagine the gold needed to make one this nice. Was she in Skyhold? She squinted through the glare and caught the snow capped mountains, and caught sight of familiar bookcases lining the far wall. Yes, she was. This was home, and it was a safe place. She flopped back down and exhaled forcefully.

"Bad dream?" A familiar voice drifted across the room.

Without looking, the warrior nodded. "I... remember we were going into an ancient tomb. Looking for a weapon to give us an edge against Corypheus." She frowned, trying to remember details but it was all a bit blurry. "Demons attacked us? I think? I don't remember. We were also trying to help another guy. Said he was from another world. Kind of a flirt."

"Wow that uh. Sounds like a horrible nightmare. I'm here now though. You're okay. Corypheus is dead, remember? You killed him, you saved us all." A weight settled on the bed and a soft hand lightly touched Ashe's cheeks. She opened her eyes, blinking the sunlight out of them again and a scarred face, with tousled blond hair came into view.

"C-Cullen? Commander?" She spluttered a little, though thinking on it she wasn't exactly sure who she had been expecting.

"I, uh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." He fumbled awkwardly, jumping up again. Ashe frowned, her brain trying to make sense of what was happening. Cullen gazed at her with concern, before kneeling down and taking her hand in his. "It was just a bad dream, I promise you. Lyrium addiction does that. It makes you forget what's real and what's not. You helped me get through my withdrawals and I promised you I'd be here to help you get through yours." He paused and stood up, letting go of her hand and looked towards the balcony. "Come. I... uh. I want to show you the view. It's always rather miraculous."

Ashe fuddled through the information in her mind a little, trying to piece back together her memories. It made sense though. Someone from a different world, where the hell had that idea come from. Only that stuff was dream material. With her mind made up, she pulled herself out of bed and went to join Cullen by the balcony. She paused, suddenly feeling like someone was watching her but after a quick glance around the room, she couldn't see anything.
So we can get with 'em

speed up

Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 05/01/2017 4:19 AM

“Wow Stark, maybe you should lay off on the drinks.” It was a familiar voice, Steve’s voice.

“Indeed. The mead may have finally done him in.” A stronger, deeper voice. Thor’s?

Tony blinked again, and just as he had thought he was someplace else, his eyes focused and he realized he was on the carpeted floor. Avengers Tower, his top penthouse and their usual R&R spot. It was night outside, the city skylights shining below. The Avengers were sitting around, nursing drinks and laughing.

He lifted himself, rubbing the carpet indents from his face and groaning. “What the hell?”

“Look who’s come back to the real world,” Natasha snorted, cupping her own glass, one leg propped over the other. It was just another Friday night, Tony realized and he looked around. Loki wasn’t anywhere to be seen but that was pretty normal. Clint was perched on the actual bar counter (he liked to be on higher places), everyone else mingled about the room on the various sofas and couches he had scattered around facing the large nearly wall-sized flat screen, upon which was playing The Exorcist. Apparently it was a horror movie night.

“Ugh… Had the craziest dream while I was out,” Tony rubbed his head, frowning.

[75]
ImageImage

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Postby Kreepy » 05/12/2017 12:55 AM

Something the matter?

Ashe looked back, and for a moment lost herself. Seriously? This guy was hers? She had… remembered stalking him with Korinne around Kirkwall years ago as a bit of drunk fun and then he was her Military Adviser but… She guessed fraternizing was allowed, apparently. Who was going to demote her? She ran the damn thing. “Hmmm? No. I was just. Uh.” She giggled nervously, tucking an errant strand of hair behind her ear. “Still wondering how I ended up landing someone like you.

Seriously? I’d say I’m the lucky one here. You’re the Inquisitor. You could have got anyone you wanted. Instead, you chose me.” Cullen responded with an amused smile. Ashe gave a shrug and leant on the railing. “Hmm. We could just stay here. Forever. Just you and me, no evil gods to worry about. No life-threatening problems to save the world from. Just you and me.” Cullen mused, gently running his hand down Ashe’s cheek. “What do you sa-

Justice no!

Ashe flinched and pulled away, just as a knife sprouted through the chest of Cullen. He looked down, mortified as blood began to seep out, soaking clothing. “N-no. Why did you do that. I was just giving her what she wanted. We could have been happy.” He feebly said, slumping to his knees.

No!” Ashe made to move forward, but was immediately restrained by a pair of arms. She let out a pained growl and kicked out. “Let me go!

Ow. Fuck. Ashe, it's me. Calm down. I can explain.” A feminine voice replied. Ashe ceased struggling at the familiarity of it. The woman continued to talk but it seemed to be directed at someone else. “Maker’s fucking balls. Justice really? You've been here long enough to know it's really going to fuck someone up if you break the illusion without warning.”

She was going to agree to it's demands.” Another voice - this one completely unfamiliar - stated firmly, showing absolutely no remorse.
So we can get with 'em

speed up

Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 06/24/2017 2:31 AM

On the TV, someone was screaming, but it bother Tony much. It was just a movie. He was too busy trying to figure out his dream.

“Hey. Here, drink some water.” Steve. Good ‘ol Steve, always watching out for him. They’d had a bit of a bumpy history but it was fine now. They’d been through a lot of shit together. Every one of them had. Tony was reminded of his other ‘caretaker’, “Where’s Bruce?” as he took the glass and sipped the cool liquid.

“He’s downstairs working,” Steve shrugged, moving to help Tony up, only to help move him over to one of the couches, an expensive leather corner couch that probably cost more than an apartment in Manhattan.

“Oh.” Bruce didn’t do the whole drinking thing, so it made sense, but still. He wanted someone to talk to about his dreams. Sure Bruce wasn’t ‘that’ kind of doctor but he was a good ear (most of the time).

“Something wrong?”

“What? Oh, nothing, I just… I really had the craziest fucking dream,” Tony groaned, rubbing his face and gulping another bit of water. “Like, it was a place I imagine the space Vikings live in,” he cast a glance at Thor who simply shook his head. “Magic and everything, less tech. And there was this girl-“

“-Isn’t there always a girl?” Natasha quirked a brow and snickered, rolling her glass of wine.

“Shhh. Anyway, we were fighting demons and-“

“Demons?” Steve frowned, looking concerned. “Hey, if it was an upsetting dream, it’ll be alright, okay? You just drank a little too much. I was half expecting Jarvis to call someone to come get you,” he said, planting a hand on the other’s shoulder.

[75]
ImageImage

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Postby Kreepy » 06/24/2017 6:46 AM

A disgusted noise was all that came as a reply.“Hey are you okay Ashe? What do you see?” The voice was being directed back at Ashe again, though the warrior simply just made a pained whimper and buried her face in her palms.

The woman unwound her arms from the warrior and a few seconds later, there was a grisly crunch. “Try all you want to escape, but your attempts will be all in vain. It would be much easier for you to just settle on the happiness we could off-

Okay. First.” An eerie woman’s voice was cut off as the woman again attacked, this time slitting it across the throat. “Andraste’s tits. At least finish the fucking job.” Korinne frowned, wiping her blade on her pants.

Ashe blinked dumbly as the illusion of Skyhold faded, replaced by a strange landscape of yellow rock, blue lyrium spires and floating oddities from Skyhold in the air. The air felt... heavy and the sky itself was strange, full of thick, swirling yellow clouds and floating rocks. Korinne was standing over the body of a scantily clad Desire Demon with a disgusted look on her face while Anders - she at least thought it was Anders, the glow from his skin was obscuring her view - was standing a little way off. "I... I don't understand." Ashe mumbled, pulling herself to her feet and looking around.

"We're in the Fade." Korinne said, turning around and placing a hand on Ashe's shoulder with a very concerned look on her face. "You were being manipulated by a Desire Demon. It put up an illusion to keep you trapped and content. Everything you just saw was not real."

"N-not real? But." She cast her eyes down to the body of the demon. Yep. Looked pretty dead and creepy and... not Cullen. Ashe immediately blushed and frantically looked back at Korinne. Oh god had she-

"Yeeeep. Curly huh?" The rogue flashed a wicked grin, catching her glance. "I remember ditching that party to try and introduce you to him. Girl, you held a crush for five whole years? Man that is some serious dedication. And you're wasting your time with Space Boy? We have seeeeriously gotta have a little chat when we get back to Skyhold."

"Nope. Not happening." Ashe folded her arms across her chest. Her anger was one thing, but it was also a good thing, in the rogue's eyes. It meant that she was shaking it off. "You said that wasn't real and I am waaay to busy with the war to even consider something serious."
So we can get with 'em

speed up