A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Undead Rising |part one| Private

Postby BasilFox » 03/24/2010 4:17 PM

It was cold.

Of course, the home-but-not-home-shrine had always been so. But it this was a different cold. Normally drops in temperature did not faze Flynn'Delmar, being as he grew up deep underground. He was well-used to what some surface dwellers would call 'less than ideal' environments. Namely, cold, dark, damp. But this cold...this cold had something more to it. It was a few more moments before the akail could place it.

Fear. Hopelessness. The cold of the end. It pulsated around the world as the situation fell deeper into the dire pits of destruction.

He wished for the wisdom of The Pale One...but he had not seen her in many risings of the surface dweller's sun. He wished for the feisty will power of She-Whose-Skin-Mimics-the-Water...but he had not seen her in just as long. He wished he had Coryn, whose level headed confidence made even the most dangerous situations seem a bore...But the baskerville had been avoiding him...which really was the norm for the two of them. He shouldn't have expected anything less.

He had no one but himself.

Someone one said that it only takes one to make a difference. The akail guessed they hadn't ever thought of the possibility of the world falling to zombie hordes. it was going to take a lot more than one creature to stop them. Or even make a dent.

So here he was. Home-but-not-home, his rune-like marking glowing softly in the gathering darkness of the 'sunset' as someone had once informed him the 'disappearance' of the sun was. Something had drawn him here. Something had made him think of this sanctuary. The cold made it hard for the virus to take root, but he had only thought of that tidbit of information when he had almost neared the shrine. Perhaps whatever had given him the markings of the creatures who dwelled in the place was looking out for him. Or maybe it was something more...was it hope? Could he find the answer to survival of not just himself, but others here?

He looked into the darkness of the shrine behind him. "When you cannot go back you must go through to the end." he said softly to himself.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
The sound of my voice rips through me.
They scream.
The sound of my laughter stabs them.
He cowers.
The sound of his breathing betrays him.
I smile.
Only the sound of my music remains."
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Re: Undead Rising |part one| Private

Postby Azura Rayume » 03/24/2010 5:34 PM

Archie fiddled with a timing device by one of the many rune covered pillars of the temple by the entrance, trying his best to ignore the cold that was creeping over him. It was not as if he had never felt cold like this before- his parents had gone through a "Hobbit hole" phase before he had mastered changing between Gruss and human- just not filled with this much dread.

He had been in Aldrect when the outbreak hit there. He still had a hard time believing that his whole existence was threatened by undead hoards. That was something that only happened in stupid apocalypse movies. Zombies should not even be able to exist in this world, only in the version that the silver screen produced.

Well, the people who wrote those stories must have been in for a surprise when they found their scripts being played out before taking part in it themselves. He chucked softly to himself at the thought and turned the timer over in his palms, tweaking a wire here or there just to give himself something to do. He could take these things apart and build them back better every time he picked one up.

Well, maybe not every time. The cold was beginning to make his joints stiff. Imagine that, a stiff-jointed rock beast. It was so cliche it was funny. He pushed his green goggles off his face and into his hair with the back of his hand, sighing. He doubted he could keep messing with the tiny machinery for much longer without moving more than his fingers.

He rose, stashing the instrument in the pocket of his well worn slacks, and stared about. Here and there he spied another form, pets and humans all around. Some were crying for someone they had lost, others pacing, still others standing resolutely as if to weather both the snowy cold and the horror outside this momentary sanctuary by sheer willpower. He shook his head slightly; fools all of them. None would stop this by just standing or mourning. The only way to put what was going on out there to an end was to fight.

He began walking without any true destination, rubbing his arms to ward off the chill. This is what he got for wearing a vest- well, two vests- and no sleeves, he supposed. The arm warmers helped slightly, but his upper arms were freezing.

He eventually stumbled across an Akail marked much differently than any he had seen before. It looked more like a Temple pet than something out of Craiss. Well, it was obviously intelligent, since it was speaking. He failed to catch what it said, but decided not to bother much. Sounded like a private moment. Best not to interfere.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1047
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 03/24/2010 8:29 PM

(human form)
Wisps of spiralling fog disappeared into the crisp air as the young, grave-looking man breathed, walking a bit stiffly down the well-trodden path up to the shrine that was paved with compressed and somewhat dirty snow. He seemed quite nervous, a rather stark contrast from his usual demeanor if you knew the medic well. He typically seemed rather optimistic and cheery- always donning a welcoming smile more often than not- but obviously it was difficult to be optimistic and act all flowers-and-rainbows-and-lace-doilies when the zombie apocalypse is going on just a little ways away.

Of course, it was out of his range to be completely hopeless, and he tried to find some optimism in the situation. At least he could be useful and try to help people during a time like this. But maybe the pros were outweighed by the cons. He had no cure for this sort of virus, or no known one, so there wasn't too much he could do if the virus had been in someone for long enough. It would have to have spread by some point, and disinfection wouldn't do too good in such a case. Second of all, he wasn't made for this kind of thing physically and if things went like they looked like they were going to he would be seeing a lot of blood. Ick. Still, his attitude was the 'do what you have to do' type, and he felt a bit obligated for no obvious reason. And, finally, he wasn't sure if any survivors would be here at all.

Yes, people had to have escaped, that wasn't the issue. The issue was if this place was truly zombie-free, though it would be difficult for it to flourish in the cold. Would anyone be here? Had they heard that this was a safe place- at least for now? Noah would make it a point to search out anyone possible. If he had heard about it, others had to have heard as well. That thought at least helped him out some. He was still worrying about this situation, though, and looked at the ground as he walked. This resulted in himself having to push his glasses further up his nose. One hand held tightly onto the fabric strap of his medic bag that ran across his chest, clothed in a thick jacket whose hood was pulled over his fluffy bright blonde hair. It had become a sort of nervous habit of his, and he wasn't sure why. The bag itself was full of various items- bandages, a medical license, disinfecting sanatizer sorts of things, and various other medical implements.

Noah had been looking down at the snowy ground, deep in thought, for so long that he had failed to notice when the shrine was right in front of him. Or, well, quite close. Nearby, standing out amongst the whiteness, were two individuals. One was another human or someone in a human form, the other was an akail of a color he had never seen. It was like a Temple Akail of sorts, but he didn't recall their existance having been documented. Now, might as well introduce himself so they didn't assume he was a member of the swarming undead. That wouldn't turn out well, Noah assumed.

"... Um, hello." His voice was soft as it often was, but still quite audible.
He had to notice that the human fellow seemed quite relaxed, more so than seemed normal. Maybe it was just his personality.
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the lungs of me be crowns over you
the rungs of me be under, under you

ill cut the soft pockets, let bleed
over the rocky cliffs that you leave
to peer over and not forget what feet are
splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/24/2010 9:03 PM

Samantha cursed, her breath forming little clouds in front of her. How did she
get into this stupid situation anyway. It was such a good idea when she first
thought of it. Find one of the most life-unfriendly places in Evelon.
Since she hated heat even more then cold (and besides, heard that the...infected
even ran arround in the desert) she decidet to go here, Basantha Shrine.
Jeah, the plan was great, and even worked out. Those 'Things' wherent here,
at least...not jet. But the creeping cold was even for her a little too much, and
made her grumpy.

She had been running arround in these endless hallways four hours now, and
slowly began to panick. She never spun her plan further then to get here, she
never actually thought she'd even make it, let alone, what to do when she was here...
wait untill it was over? If it ever would have an end? No.
Instead of thinking what to do next, her thoughts trailed to what lay behind her.

She was as surprised as everyone else when the first infected where spotted, and refused
to believe that they in fact where some kind of Zombies...maybe they had the rabies or something.
But, as the Crowd of the infected grew, even Sam had to realize that she had to flee from...
whatever those things where. She hissed at everyone who called them Zombies, referring
to the phrase as the 'Z-Word'. It sounded just too stupid. Zombies. Pah!
She had the plan to come here pretty fast, and made her way here by
traveling with bigger or smaller groups of survivors, offering her help as an engineer.
She was proud but not stupid. Alone, she wouldnt have stand a chance...

Alone...jes, that was what she was now. Every group she joined on the way here either
parted ways with her, seeking their luck elsewhere, or fell victim to the Infected one by one.
And now, she was here, without a plan, and had the urge to cry. Angrily, she hissed and
turned arround, trying to repress the tears, wich she knew wouldt help her in any way.
//Pull yourself together Sam! You got so far, dont give up now...you'll figure out a plan...
yes, you will...//

Deciding to get out of there, just for more fresh air, she stepped out of the Shrine. She ducked as the wind howled, leaving her shaking.

But wait...She heard something else...a voice! obviously somewhere near
Sam's ears perked up, then she slowly sneaked towards the voice.
She could smell something...not the snow or the sickening odor of rotting felsh.
This one...smelled alive! Her heart beat faster, but she remained sceptic.
after rounding a corner, she saw a strange creature. It looked much like an
Akkail, but it...was glowing. And behind that, she could see
two humans, who just stood there, maybe talking to eachother. Sam took a deep breath, then stepped out of the shadows the shrine threw and approached the three figures. "Hey you! Who are you?" she asked, her tone sharp and sceptic, almost rude. She was happy to find other living beings, but she was
no stupid kitten. She wouldnt trust any one just because they where breathing...
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/24/2010 11:13 PM

(Human Form)

"YEAH! GET SOME!" the dark-skinned, wild-haired, human-form dragony bellowed from behind her firing uzi. A small pack of ten infected, or "walking dead" as she liked to call them, had "cornered" the clever dragony against the side of the shrine and were just about closing in for the kill when she had surprised them with one of her precious sub-machine guns. The emerald-eyed dragony continued to curse and yell at the undead as they staggered and fell under the rain of fire. When the last infected died, the dragony girl got up off the one leg she had been kneeling on and stretched her arms over her head, her empty uzi still firmly gripped in one hand. "Yeah! Talk about action!" she declared triumphantly to no one, for she was alone. She reached back and unclipped a fresh round of ammo from a pouch tied to the back of her waist and reloaded, tossing the empty clip carelessly onto the snow. She then reached down and buckled her uzi back into its holster tied somewhat loosely on her camo-clad left hip. Its twin rested in its holster on her right. She straitened proudly and wiped some snow off her black, high-collared shirt with long sleeves. The only odd thing about the shirt was the zipper, which started from the top of the collar down to the base of her neck, and then continued off to one side across her chest and under her arm, where it ended. The dragony girl took off one black, steel-toed combat boot and emptied it of snow, then shoved her foot back in it along with the end of her combat pant-leg to try and keep more snow from coming in. The tightness of her black knee-pads and all the running around she was doing made it hard, and her toes were starting to ache with frostbite. "Just a little longer, toes," she said comfortingly to her loudly complaining foot extremities, and pocketed the empty clip she'd discarded into the snow earlier. She gave the area a quick once-over before rushing out towards the next bit of cover, half doubled over and with one hand on the base of her right gun. Her military training had come very much in handy when the plague hit her hometown, even though she'd only seen action maybe twice. Her commander had found her a bit too much for most things. He was right, of course--if she didn't see an enemy at least once every five minutes she'd probably invent one just for target practice. She wasn't an angry person, she just liked to shoot at things--was that too much to ask for? The dragony, still in human form, side-shuffled up to one of the secondary entrances of the shrine, gun at the ready. She'd been trying for several days to get back to that entrance, for her first camp had been set up there and held most of her supplies. Unfortunately, the walking dead had found it while she was out hunting and promptly began guarding it, awaiting her return. She'd seen them before she got there, thankfully, and spent her days trying vainly to take it back. She peered around the edge of the building and managed to catch a glimpse of something move rather quickly into her blind spot. "Whatever bit of rotting brain you've got left seems to be working just fine, you maggot-filled walking disease," she muttered under her breath as she withdrew and stepped away from the corner. There were no perishables or mementos there, but there was a rather large and powerful rocket launcher she kind of wanted back. It would be of great aid to this war she was in. She cursed under her breath and lightly jogged away from the entrance, hoping to find some aid out in this mess. She hated other people, normally, but she could use another working gun.

As she approached the main entrance of the shrine, she had to stop and blink a few times before what she was seeing sunk in. Not one, not two, but four survivors had gathered there. Mixed feelings of disgust and joy swirled in her chest. She had her "second gun" all right, but it was unlikely they all had weapons, and it was very likely they'd all want to join her. She was tempted to turn on her heel and walk away, but she needed help getting back at that rocket launcher, as all her previous attempts at taking it alone had proved to be almost fatal. Though on the inside she balked, the dragony girl rolled her eyes and strode up to the group of survivors. "Good to see we're still breathing over here," she greeted casually, tossing a nod at an angry-looking kuhna and another at what appeared to be a medic. So these people were prepared. How nice.

((Long post is long. Sorry, I'll try to be more moderate next time. :oops: My first post always seems to be enormous.))

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 03/25/2010 6:59 AM

Nasafi wasn't worried about the stupid infected zombie things. He could avoid and then on them as longer as he needed. He wanted to go today, but there was too much snow. He would freeze unless he put on some big jacket, that would easily give him away. Well, he could always spy on his sister.Nasafi hated cold weather. Usually he avoided it all together, but sometimes he had to go out into the freezing weather. He decided to go outside even if it is freezing. Flying against the wind made it a bit harder, but not impossible. He hadn't watched the zombies in over a week. If he didn't go, they could pull something big. He had to go. He had to make sure that no one else go infected by those filthy zombies! If anyone he knew got infected by those zombies, they would remember him, through wounds and missing equipment, and zombies.
He wouldn't be able to destroy them on his own. There had to be others fighting the zombies,or else they probably would have taken over by now. Though he had to wonder if he was fighting an army of zombies alone...  

((That was a bit short...When are we planning to have the characters meet??))
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Postby Nyxia » 03/25/2010 6:42 PM

"Three and a half days..." Neon murmured to herself as she pushed her way through the snow, still somewhat shocked herself. She couldn't believe that in such a short period of time her whole mission could have changed, but that seemed the least of her worries as she dragged her half frozen body up the last rocky outcropping. She'd finally reached the top but her mind felt numb from the sheer cold around her. Running a message to Aiyana would have to wait as she slunk through the snow, when her nose didn't detect the harsh odor of the undead Neon felt her whole body relax. To her credit though her mind did not follow suit as she drew up her to side arms, what appeared to be two small Beretta hand guns from her hips; one was a deep black metal which shimmered even in the absence of sun light, the other had a dark forest green hue to its metallic shell.

Somewhere down the light, Neon noted to herself, she'd have to remember to thank the strange woman for this gift. That thought along with the others swirling in her mind vanished as the twists black wisps of smoke extended down her arms and to the weapons, binding her magic to them once more. Once she felt the singing vibration of the twin guns she replaced them in her side holsters, and adjusted the strap of the larger rifle across her chest to help her shoulder its weight. With that last minute thought, Neon sucked in a breath of frigid air deep into her lungs as she fixed her eyes on the temple's outline. Her boots crunching the untouched snow beneath them as she cautiously made her way towards the back side of the massive stone temple.

As she rounded from the far right side of the mountain's pass, she noted the entry way of the building and turned on the less worn path towards it, grumbling to herself as she did so. "This had better be it..." She growled to herself, pushing forward. She could still remember the man who'd told her about this place, how hopeful he'd been that this would be some sort of haven from the virus where they could regroup and ready themselves for the coming last stand they'd talked and planned to death.  In the bitterness of the cold Neon let one tear rush it's way down her cheek, now it would be her last stand as he had met his fate trying to save her from those nasty creatures; around her neck now hung the medallion he'd called a lucky charm. Gritting her teeth together she shook away the memories, pink tussles fluttering in the icy breeze that came around her, as she forced black boots through the snow.

The dark thoughts still clinging to the edge of her mind's vision, Neon put her now scoffed and dulled black boot against one of the wooden doors and gave it her all. The old wood protested but gave under her force, swinging open and crashing into the marble wall behind it with an impressive shattering sound. Had she thought any others had made it this far, Neon may have rethought that entry method, but at that moment she really hadn't held out hope. Her boots hit the marble floor so hard they echoed through the room around her, but she was too busy making notes of the metal pieces scattered about the room to notice.  So she was sorely surprised when her eyes landed on the motley group which seemed to have gathered here, but mildly pleased as well. She took a few more steps towards them, "Guess I'm late for the party." She announced her molten pink eyes wandering over each individual there, summing them up.

((Sorry its so long, all my openings are though. I swear it'll be more contained the next time))

Bottles smashed, I raised my hand
How can you all even stand?
And why is there joy in this poison? Oh
Faking smiles and confidence
Driving miles to capture this excitement
I can't take anymore

You're never gonna get it
I'm a hazard to myself
I'll break it to you easy
This is hell, this is hell
You're looking and whispering
You think I'm someone else
This is hell, yes
I am in hell

We Don't Have to Dance - Andy Black
Nyxia
Ultimate Specialist
Ultimate Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 609
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 03/29/2010 4:01 PM

Flynn turned around to see another survivor who had sought refuge at the shrine. At first he was happy, over-joyed even when he saw that there were yet more survivors. But all too soon instincts kicked in as the crowd gathering hit seven (eight including himself). This was too much for the akail. His kind were naturally adverse to the surface dwellers and even he, who had by now lived among them for quite some time, still felt hesitant around large groups of them and could not stop the hiss that fell from his maw as his sharp eyes identified weapons. He gave his head a little shake, cutting the hiss short. No matter what his instincts told him a large group, even of surface-dwellers, in these times was good. It meant that some people still had sense beyond panic.

A number of hellos were muttered, one loudly. It seemed that the vast majority of those around him seemed wary, not of him specifically, but rather of each other. One of them or more could be a zombie. Could. No one seemed to be exhibiting any signs...But who was there to say for sure what the early signs were? Friends and family could have one amongst them who had been infected and not know it until they themselves began developing the disease...and by then...well, even before then, hope for their lives was ,at the moment, lost.  

"Yes...I never thought I'd live in a time in which breathing was a rare talent. But then again, I never thought I'd see zombies either."

He paused. What exactly was sun-dweller conversation etiquette? Howdoyoudo's for the group seemed pretty self explanatory...Tired, hungry, bedraggled, pissed off, sorrowful, ready for action...That about summed up the general emotions...The akail didn't really see what good stating those points would do. Introductions? Yes. Perhaps that would prove who was right in their mind (not a zombie) if anyone wasn't, and who was quote-on-quote 'normal'. He didn't think zombies gave introductions...

"You surface dwellers like to know the various names and affects of those you meet, even if just in passing, yes? Mine are Flynn'Delmar...I know not from where I truly hail from, so it wouldn't be good for me to give you what my guess is. After all it might not be right. My talents lie in tracking...but I can defend myself if need be." The akail added the last with a cat-like lash of his tail. A non-too-subtle warning.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
The sound of my voice rips through me.
They scream.
The sound of my laughter stabs them.
He cowers.
The sound of his breathing betrays him.
I smile.
Only the sound of my music remains."
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 03/30/2010 7:41 PM

Archie watched as a few more survivors filed in, some more bedraggled than others, and gathered close to where he and the Akail stood. A few pleasantries were exchanged, though he did not give a friendly hello due to chattering teeth. How he had managed to be under-dressed for the trip escaped him, and he regretted whatever had possessed him to dress in such a manner.

Three people other than the Akail caught his attention: the blond guy with the medical bag and the odd pair with the crow bar. He could not quite understand what intrigued him about the medic; he just seemed interesting. Some people just seemed to give off a kind of vibe that made them seem worth talking to.

The other two, however... He knew exactly what attracted him to them. They have seen recent action with the zombies. Anyone who managed to get rid of any number of number of the infected were considered worth his while now. The only thing that really kept him from approaching was that crowbar. He had a dislike of weapons, even if they were necessary for the situation. He preferred his distance tactics to hand-to-hand combat any day.

Speaking of his methods, he remembered the timer in his pocket just as the Akail introduced himself. He was about to reach for the device, but realized it would probably be considered rude to retreat into his own little world during introductions. The mechanism could wait until later, as long as he remembered it was there and avoided crushing it. That had happened before, much to his displeasure.

"The name's Archie," he said, smiling in spite of the gloom around him. "I'm from just outside Nabias. And I have a talent with things that go boom." Were home and talents part of a normal introduction? It seemed so long since he had actually introduced himself to anyone he forgot.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1047
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 03/30/2010 9:25 PM

Initially of course he had only seen two of the survivors hanging around here- this being an accomplishment in itself- but Noah moved to the side somewhat once others arrived. He had to be able to see everyone, after all. Well, Noah was feeling pretty good about this now. At least he'd managed to prove his own fleeting pessimistic thoughts wrong. That is, there were people here and they had heard that it was a safe place, or whatever their story was that made them come here. A lot of them seemed well-prepared, but all of them were definitely on edge. Except for Archie, it seemed, because he was still acting rather peppy. As for 'good to see we're still breathing here' girl, well, Noah's first impression was that she seemed the most prepared of them all if 'amount of firearms' is relative to 'amount of probable zombie-shooting action'. Still, she had basically greeted him, and he forced a smile and nodded in agreement to what she had said. Breathing was a pretty nice thing to be doing right now, after all.

... And as for Mosbel and Jaswinder, well, the amount of blood on those two made him flinch a little in spite of himself. If Noah had to hang around them it seemed like he'd end up seeing lots of zombies being bashed by a crowbar. (Half Life, anyone?) That wasn't a pleasant thought- in fact it was quite disturbing- but any breathing and relatively calm person was a helpful asset. Therefore, he'd just have to deal with it. That was his general outlook on bloody things anyway, since he seemed to encounter them quite often and would be encountering them more often from here on out. The black-and-orange kuhna seemed to be a bit bitter if her sharp tone was any clue, but he couldn't be surprised by that. It would be hard to trust anyone in these times, and even he as a bit wary despite his constant wish to help anybody who needed it. In fact, that was a bit unfortunate. Noah didn't exactly like having to affirm people's humanity before assisting them. Still, everybody here seemed to be on the alive side at the moment. No visible bite marks, anyway.

Now, the Akail. He seemed to have been the first one to arrive. Flynn, was it? The Akail looked understandably startled, and judging by his addressing all the new arrivals as 'surface dwellers' as well as the previous hiss, Flynn probably wasn't too used to being around a crowd numbering at eight. The other fellow that had been here once Noah had arrived- or, well, Archie as he had introduced himself- seemed a bit cold, though whatever had compelled him to dress lightly for such and environment was completely beyond him. And Noah couldn't offer a jacket, since the one he had on would cause him to freeze if removed anyway. All he could do was mentally pity him, which wasn't helpful at all nor something he liked just standing there and doing. ... 'Things that go boom', was it? Intriguing. At least blowing up hordes of the undead didn't require you to look at them, for the most part. It was time to introduce himself, anyway. He remained holding onto the strap of that medic bag of his running across his chest, just because he was still a bit nervous. At least he managed to keep calm in certain situations better than others sometimes struggled to.

"... Um, I'm Noah. I'm a doctor- or, well, a medic. I guess it's no surprise where I live, then..." Yup, Medicai City. It was the best place for someone of his profession to be, after all. Noah managed to crack a smile, though he wasn't really feeling that kind of emotion at the moment. Currently the only visible 'red plus' that generally advertised medical connotations was that bag of his, the admittedly boring shirt that read 'MEDIC' on his upper back and above his breastpocket being hidden under that thick jacket of his. It failed to completely block out the bitter cold, but he was never one to complain and he could simply block it out mentally rather than physically. At least he had a jacket, after all. Now, if only they'd been able to meet under better circumstances.

Well, they probably would've never met at all in 'better circumstances', but Noah could probably give meeting them up if it meant people weren't being chewed on by diseased once-living critters with really bad cases of the munchies.
the lungs of me be crowns over you
the rungs of me be under, under you

ill cut the soft pockets, let bleed
over the rocky cliffs that you leave
to peer over and not forget what feet are
splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/30/2010 10:22 PM

The dragony girl eyed Noah with rising dislike. The way he seemed to balk at the sight of the bloodied lucain men came off as a little too sweet-stuff to be a proper ally, and that irritated her. In her sight, people like that were no good, and people who were no good should have given their lives for a now-dead (or worse) proper soldier's when they had the chance. At least a medic should be made of tougher stuff.

She snorted softly and turned her attention to Archie. He seemed a little sweet at first too, but the way he smiled as he talked about "things that go boom" made the dragony nodded understandingly. She knew how it was--soldiers that got used to long-range weapons tended to go a bit soft when it came to actually looking at the people they'd annihilated due to lack of exposure. He'd have to suck it up for the moment, seeing as there were no long-range weapons nearby, but once she got back at that rocket launcher she was sure he'd be just fine.

Once she was done looking him over, she shifted her numbing feet and grinned in her best friendly manner at the general group. "Looks like it's my turn, huh?" she asked casually, forcing a light chuckle. Nodding to herself, she hooked her hands behind her head and focused her gaze at the akail, who she still considered to be high leader. He was also most mysterious; she wanted to get a good look at him and his reactions while she talked. A lot could be told about a person from their body language when they were focused on other things. Such as possible malicious intent. "Call me Kath; that's all you need to know about my name right now. I'm from down over thataway--" at this she nodded south toward the nearest town--"but I was in military camp over toward the Slums when the epidemic hit. I got a quick leave from my commander to round up my family and get them out of there, but as you can see, it didn't quite work that way," she said, unlocking her hands and smiling grimly. She didn't feel so sad over her family anymore--it wasn't exactly the best one--but death of her identical twin still had her feeling sore. Her big plan was to get back to camp alive, but she hoped to leave this town plague-free before she went. Partly because it was her hometown, and partly because somewhere in there was the monster that killed her sister. Kath shifted uncomfortably as she realized she'd been caught up in her thoughts and smiled casually to clear the air. Her eyes darted from one person to the next as they usually did when she was anxious, and she nodded at the person standing beside her. "Your turn, then," she prompted.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/31/2010 4:14 AM

Samantha watched the gathering group with mixed emotions, just like everyone.
Of course, she was happy to see that even more survivors made it here, and that
her 'being alone issue', at least for now, was gone. But some of the newcomers
irritated her.

Specially those two guys with the crowbars where a sight wich made her neck hair rise slightly.
It was not that they obviously had a little fight with zombies, no. They had crowbars! why on earth
did they choose crowbars? even if they had no other weapons, it was a far too close rage weapon
for her taste, and they had to be either very good or very stupid to pic a fight with those things.
most likely both. In her eyes, those two where the ones that where most endagered to be infected,
at first glance and prediction. She would keep a very close eye on them...
On the other hand, they might be of big use, if they indeed where not plainly stupid, but
really good at wielding close range weapons. maybe she should give them at least a chance
to introduce themselves before judging...

Then, the Medic, or Noah. She looked him over carefully, nearly scanning him. She knew the
vallue of a medic in a team, and she was happy that he was here. BUT, her now paranoid
brain also told her to keep wary, since he too was someone who might had to do with
infected people in a rather close range before they met...on the other hand, he seemed rather
sane to her, allthough he seemed a little too 'soft' for her taste...
well, that was not always a bad thing. Maybe someone who still was able to show pity or
let his emotions through would keep them all from getting cold and calculating...maybe.

Archie was someone she instantly liked for some reason. She even had to smirk a little
when he told about himself. She liked that he still had a passion, and seemingly was
still able to get up the mood even in such gloomy times...at least, he got her a little
more...relaxed, to put it that way. Plus, he obviously would be an important party of the team.
In times like these, there couldnt be enough 'boom' for her taste.

Flynn was quite a mistery to her. The way he talked and behaved gave away that he, most likely,
was not used to big amounts of people arround him. Still, he was very fascinating, and she
liked the fact that he took the initiative and introduced himself. Over all, he had a sort of
a leader vibe arround him, making her feel some sort of deep respect for him. He seemed
to be someone who had a plan...

And last, but not least,Kath, the girl with the weapons. Of them all, she seemed to be best
prepared, and her introduction only strenghtend her assumption. She would know how to handle
those weapons if she was in a military camp before. Sam listened carefully. It seemed that she
suffered quite the loss, allthough she tried to overplay it. How much she really suffered,
the Kuhna could not really tell. Maybe, at some point, they would know more about it...
if they survived the next few days...

Oh, it was her turn. "My name is Samantha, call me Sam" she said, trying not to sound too
stiff. her tails lashed through the air, giving away that she was quite nervous. "Well...
I come from Aldrect, and I'm an engineer. Cars, radios, coffee machines, you name it,
I can fix it."
she forced an uneasy smile. She toyed arround with the idea of telling them
that she had a human form, in wich she would fix things (because, it was much more tricky
to repair stuff with only paws) but...they would see int soon enough. Besides, she was
pretty happy about her fur right now.
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 03/31/2010 1:47 PM

I walked with the few survivors who made it. In total there was seven of us. We were being taken to a place that we should be safe from the undead invaders. I think we may be going to another village.

After a few hours of constantly walking or running to keep up, I noticed that a large tower was up ahead.
Basantha Shrine. Finally we can stop, this had to be the camp. I saw some people going in ahead of me so I ran up to see if they would be any help to destroy the zombie invaders. Without help they would just walk right by me. As I went in I noticed certain individuals: twins with crowbars named Mosbel and Jaswinder, a medic named Noah, a small akail named Flynn, a girl named Neon, an engineer named Sam, and a gun finatic named Kath.

I went to talk to the akail named Flynn. "Excuse me, Why are we here? I know about the zombie things, but how is it happening? I know that if a zombie bites you, you become one, but how is it even possible?"
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Postby Nyxia » 03/31/2010 9:11 PM

Neon made her way in closer to the little group, listening to each introduce themselves, and smirked. She reshouldered the large rifle on her back, damn thing had gotten heavy during her climb. With one hand she pushed back the pink tresses from the left side of her face, "Well, what a strange group." She muttered with a shake of her head. Her arms crossed over her chest, and the little bit of a shirt she still had. "I'm Neon." She stated in a take-it-or-leave-it tone. "I can fix or modify most guns, or gun like weapons. I can also make guns and some ammo  out of most anything metal." She finished with a nod to the massive rifle on her back. She then shifted most of her weight onto her right leg, the two smaller guns at her hips showing themselves in the dim light, along with the knife handle which stuck out of the top of her left boot.

Her lava like pink eyes scanned around the group, she wondered if this rag-tag bunch would really pull off much more than ending their own lives, but she would have to wait and see on that thought. Her eyes went first to the only other person seeming well equipped for this fight, to Kath she tossed a medium size box filled with the 9mm bullets, before giving her a slight smirk and a nod. "Careful" She told the other, "Those will pack a bigger punch than your norms."

Her eyes next went to Archie, to her he seemed a good ally. "You can never go wrong with a good big boom." She told him with a small smile. He reminded her so much of Chez, and that pang of guilt crossed back through her mind. She felt the stabbing feeling in her chest but she let it go, instead she reached back into her utility belt and pulled Chez's last 'work of art' so to speak and tossed the grey disk like bomb to him. "It won't arm...he...didn't have enough time to make it work." She told him the last part in a low tone of voice as she passed by him.
Making her way to the closest wall, where she unclipped the front strap across her chest that held the rifle to her body. After leaning it against one side of the stone pillars Neon turned around and put her back to the front side of the stone, arms crossed over her chest as she watched them all.

Within moments she'd moved on, next falling on the smaller girl calling herself Sam as she thought over what the girl could do. Before she could get lost in her thoughts again Neon turned her attention back to the rest of the group. Noah, a medic, useful at this point though she could tell he was adjusting to the current situation. And then there was the akail, Flynn; once he whip of his tail showed, at least to Neon, that he commanded respect.

Finally she looked over to the two men, one wielding a crowbar. A smirk slowly spread across her lips as she looked at them. Likely because she knew their type, and well; they were brute force and then some, but she liked that, she always had. As a show of respect she tipped her head to the two men, she'd have offered a weapon to the one, but all three of hers had the "touch" to them, making her the only one able to wield them. But if give enough time she could possibly make something for him, as she already summed up the metal inside the chapel like entry.

Bottles smashed, I raised my hand
How can you all even stand?
And why is there joy in this poison? Oh
Faking smiles and confidence
Driving miles to capture this excitement
I can't take anymore

You're never gonna get it
I'm a hazard to myself
I'll break it to you easy
This is hell, this is hell
You're looking and whispering
You think I'm someone else
This is hell, yes
I am in hell

We Don't Have to Dance - Andy Black
Nyxia
Ultimate Specialist
Ultimate Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 609
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/31/2010 9:56 PM

Kath easily caught the bullets before her brain registered they'd been thrown in her direction. A cold feeling of offense trickled down from something in her ribcage; what was this girl trying to tell her? That she wasn't a good gunner? That her darling beloved uzis, whom she'd almost had the affection to name, couldn't stand up to that ungainly rifle strapped to her back? Kath narrowed her eyes suspiciously. If she didn't accept this "gift," if that's what it really was, what would happen then? Would this girl leave, to go and shiver to death in this infernal cold with only half a shirt on? Kath mentally laughed at herself. What a stretch. She was tempted to hurl the damn things right back, but stuffed the ammo in her back pocket instead. Resource over rage. "I think I can handle it, thank you," she said with a charming grin, her tone barely hinting at a warning not to cross her, so subtle that only another woman could pick it up. Anyone else would just see a cheery girl cheerily accepting a cheerily-given gift. She turned her face away from Neon to hide her scowl, and in doing so, eyed Neon's shoddy "gift" to Archie. What will that do? she wondered, and felt maybe he'd appreciate something more his size. He looked living and harmless enough, and her camp wasn't getting any safer. "Archie, right? Say, if you guys can help me get back at my camp, I've got a rocket launcher with your name on it," she said, and glanced around at everyone's faces in her usual shifty way. She would wait and see if he was interested before she mentioned how heavily it was being guarded. Hopefully, if the greed of wanting such a powerful weapon in his hands got a big enough start in his mind, by the time she mentioned the zombies, fear wouldn't evaporate it. Pity she'd have to lend him her launcher, but she couldn't work it herself with her attention-demanding uzis, and it would be more than useful to them all.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Next