A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Oh what fascinating character study this will be! [OPEN]

Postby potterchic » 09/07/2010 5:24 PM

((Character development time! Anyone can join this, as long as they don't mind somewhat limited replies until the weekend. If you know what the title is from, then you are one awesome person. My hint is this: diary.
So... yeah. This isn't that great of a post... Sorry, just try to work with it, if you can. Thanks to anyone who joins.))

Guinevere walked at a steady pace towards the door. The climb up here had been terrifying. The whole time anything could have happened. An avalanche could have started, something could have attacked her, she could have fallen off those steps, or she could have frozen to death. Maybe not the last one, seeing as she was wearing several layers of clothing along with a heavy coat, but... Well, you never knew. It was only natural for Guinevere to be frightened by humans, being a Sullied Kuhna, but the rest was all her. All those possibilities of what could happen would rush into her head, and she couldn't get rid of the ideas.

The doors, for example, could do anything. That black stone around them looked suspicious enough. Who knew, it could be something evil. This could be the day that the black stone melted into some sort of acidic substance and destroyed the shrine- or maybe even all of Evelon.

As the girl opened the door; shuddering a bit as her horrible human hand came into view, hidden beneath her mitten but still there; she felt wave of heat come over her. It was enjoyable at first, like most things, but slowly that feeling of dread came. This heat came from candles. What if someone knocked over one of those candles? What if those big heavy doors wouldn't open when they tried to escape the consequential fire, and they all burned to death?

These fears were the reason she was here. She could find a Hunter here: a big, crystalline protector. If any of the things she was so afraid of actually happened, then her new companion would save her from it. First, though, she had to get through the shrine and locate the creature.
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Re: Oh what fascinating character study this will be! [OPEN]

Postby NatureGirl » 09/08/2010 10:13 PM

(crappy entry post for meh XP)

Maxillary padded up the steps of the shrine. He shivered in the cold, wanting to get inside, or maybe just in some warm water. He sighed as he trotted along the grounds, keeping a sharp lookout. He finally reached the door. He looked up and looked back down. He shifted to his human form and carefully walked inside.

Max poked his head around the breezeway in nervousness. He didn't see any other sign of life besides a human, and she smelled like Kuhna. He took his chances and walked up to the stranger silently. "Hello, miss," he muttered quietly, trying to be polite.

"I was wondering if you could help me." Max breathed delicately, as to not "breathe down her neck" as the locals put it. He smiled slightly to seem more welcoming.
~ My Zoo Pen! ~ Wishes! ~ My Clickies! ~
Red - Shadows

Click Me!

There's a hate inside of me like some kind of master
I try to save you but I can't find the answer
I'm holding onto you, I'll never let go
I need with you with me as I enter the shadows

Caught in the darkness I go blind
But can you help me find my way out?
Nobody hears me, I suffer the silence.
Can you tell me it's over now?
NatureGirl
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby potterchic » 09/11/2010 9:56 PM

((No, THIS is a cruddy post.
Sorry about not replying, by the way.))

Guinevere jumped at the sight and sound of someone else in the shrine. She didn't answer him at first, cringing instead. A human. Humans were absolutely horrifying. The male ones were the worst type. After a few seconds of just standing there, she realized that he couldn't really be a human. His hair was blue, of all colors, and his scent was distinctly feline. Relaxing a bit, she decided that it wouldn't hurt to see what he needed. "Um..." What was she supposed to say? Even though he wasn't human, who knew what he could do to her? "What sort of help do you need?" she asked, her voice unusually high pitched. Was that an okay question? What would happen if she somehow offended this guy? Would he be mad at her for fearing him? He had smiled in the beginning... Was that a good sign? Or was he smiling because he had found a victim for some sort of terrible torture? There were a lot of strange people like that in Evelon, most of them not even people. Sociopaths, murderers, assassins, stalkers, evil overlords, twisted wizards with sleazy mustaches... Well, that last one was a bit unlikely, but you never knew.

Now would be a good time to have a Hunter. Guinevere could just wait while it dealt with this guy. If he actually WAS some sort of creepy dude who wanted to attack her, that big rock body would fly in front of her and crush him. She would just have to wait this out and see what happened, wouldn't she?

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby NatureGirl » 09/11/2010 11:53 PM

(no prob. and i'm afraid that THIS, madam, is a CRAPPEH. POST.  :P )

Max could see how the other person tensed. He flinched. "Sorry," he breathed. "I'm just... just trying to find a place to rest, and it seems like no people around here know what's going on..." He trailed off and looked at her apoligetically. He faltered as he smelled her fear and nervousness.

"I'll just..." he sighed exasperated. "I'll just try to ask someone else. Sorry to bother you," he nodded to her and looked around the hall, trying to find someone. He closed his eyes and sighed. This could not get any worse, he thought in his head.
Red - Shadows

Click Me!

NatureGirl
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/12/2010 12:26 PM

((ooc: hihi. mind if I drop in? my charrie here might bring in another one way down the line, if that's all right.))

Golem peered around one of the few doorways lining the hall at her two new visitors. They were ignorant of the shrine's true nature, had to be--who on Evelon came to such a place to rest? Being tourists, they probably wanted a guide, and Golem could think of no one else better suited to such a job. And they were timid. Timid was good. The girl was way too timid, but the boy seemed to be just the right amount of... timid-ness. He could be the one, Golem thought to herself eagerly, Just the one I need. She quietly stood and shuffled a few steps into the hallway, trying her best to appear nonthreatening, but how friendly could an animate, mouth-less, glowing chunk of rock be? Especially one that was staring right at you with wide, blank eyes that were glowing from within, a trait, said by some, that gave Temple beings hypnotic powers?

Hello, Golem thought-spoke to both of them, her mental voice smooth and hollow, much like the rock it belonged to. Are you two looking for a guide?

A feeble greeting, Golem thought to herself sadly. I need to get out more.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby potterchic » 09/12/2010 12:57 PM

((Nature: I dunno, this one isn't so good, either...
Feint: I don't mind. It's an open RP.))

Rest? At a creepy place like this? This guy was either lying or insane. Glancing around nervously, she tried to think of any ways she could help him or get rid of him.

Wait, what? He was bothering her? How? "Sorry..." Maybe an apology would keep him from hurting her. Shuffling her feet and looking around again, she decided that what she had said couldn't possibly be of any help. "I... I don't think this would be a very good place to stay, anyway." What if he thought that this actually was a good place to stay? What if she had offended him in some way? "Of course, th-that's only my opinion." she added quickly. Would that help any? She wasn't sure, and was too terrified pf what happened next to really think about it. With a squeal, she jumped back. What was that? Was it evil? A creepy evil tour guide? A creepy evil tour guide from the Basantha Shrine... That was just weird, really. MAYBE, just maybe, it wasn't evil... But Guinevere wasn't sure that she wanted to take any risks. What about this other person? Would he agree to go with this thing, and be sacrificed or something like that?

This was yet another time when a Hunter would be useful. A Hunter could go down there with her, and if anyone was about to be sacrificed, it could grab them and destroy anything evil, taking them far away before any explosions happened. Wait, explosions? Did things explode when sacrifices were stopped? Guinevere really didn't want to wait and find out... but then what would happen? Maybe now was a time to try being brave, just to see what it was like... Especially if this boy went with her. There was supposed to be strength in numbers, wasn't there? "Maybe?" she said weakly, as a somewhat late reply to the thing's earlier question.

Well THAT was a great answer, wasn't it? she thought sarcastically. Jeeze, Guinevere, how dumb can you get? "Maybe?" Hah. Maybe you won't get your butt kicked. She resisted the urge to slam her hand against her forehead. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby NatureGirl » 09/12/2010 9:29 PM

(I'm lost with my muse... eh... this post is pretty sucky... an that post was great!!!!)

"There is no need for you to apoligize to me," Max sighed. "It is my fault in bothering you."

Maxillary smiled at the other Kuhna. "Opinions matter, as well. I don't find this place very restful, either," he laughed queitly. "In fact, the only reason I thought of staying here is because I've been trying to travel home for a few days. I'm extremely tired, so I came here."

Max stepped in front of Guinevere as a Temple Albie made it's way near them. He became suspicious as it asked about a tour guide. "Really?" he asked wearily. He had learned not to trust strangers when Quill was kidnapped.

He shifted into a defensive stance as he did a mental facepalm. Wow, Max, he tsked in his head. You're no knight in shining armor. He still stood defensively as he addressed the newcomer.

"And why would you wanna do that?"
Red - Shadows

Click Me!

NatureGirl
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/25/2010 8:37 PM

The kuhna girl squealed. Golem jumped backwards and landed behind the door frame in response. She had not been expecting that. The temple albie hung her head and sighed in embarrassment, for the kuhna girl hadn't even been all that loud, and she had been expecting her to react fearfully to her presence. She rose from her crouch and strode past the door frame again, this time trying to stay a bit less tense.

My apologies, she said to the sullied kuhna with an apologetic nod, I had no intention of frightening you.

[...]

Golem nodded in response to the hydrokuhna's questions. Yes, I offer tours, really. The Shrine gets quite a lot of visitors, so it's a profitable business, and that is why. However, since it seems to be your first time, I'll make this one on the house. Are you interested? she asked smoothly, flicking her tail as she waited for their responses.

((ooc: reposted))
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate