A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Novice Treasure Hunters (P)(Hunt){FINISHED}

Postby Moofius » 06/20/2011 5:14 AM

The halls of Basantha shrine! She'd always wanted to come here and they had finally made it to this dark, wonderful, religious place. These were the Gods halls, filled with old stories, good and bad... But, strangely enough, often times bad. Bee hoped to find some good in these old walls, even if it was only for herself.

She was in the main hall, in her kuhna form (her only form) looking up at the statue of Yepha. How she admired Evelon's Goddess of Knowledge. So wise, so patient. She was an observer and a teacher, just like herself. Though Bee interfered more than she supposed Yepha would have. Bee wondered if she would make a good seraph for the Goddess. Collecting and sharing information for her. Her ancestors had, apparently, come from the Vaults. Perhaps she was not too far away from being worthy of ferrying information to and fro. Bee could wander down that thought path for the rest of the day if she wanted to, but the clang of metal hitting stone shook her from her daydream.

"Sorry!" Bumble called out loudly, as she crouched down to pick the candle holder off the ground to be replaced on the pedestal it had been set upon before being knocked over.
A rather cliche blonde beauty Bumble had dark, tanned skin, naturally blonde hair cut into a short bob and blue blue eyes. Because of the cold she wore a parka, nothing too fancy. A bright red with faux fur around the hood and wrists of the sleeve to keep her warm.
"Bleh, I'm so clumsy. Hey!" She waved to Bee who waved back shyly, embarrassment flushing her cheeks. Thank Zu'hai for fur. Her face would be so red without it.

"Bumble, shush!" Bee whispered as she trotted over to her friend, "This is a sacred place. We should be more respectful."
"Okay! Er, I mean... Okay..."

(( Sorry it's not the best. Bleh. Once we get into it it'll get better. xD;; ))
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Re: Novice Treasure Hunters (P)(Hunt)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/20/2011 12:00 PM

Image[br]Get your own Evelon Pet Today!
"Now why on earth did I want to come here?" Bali asked herself, looking quizzically at a passing monk. "Surely there was a reason..." She was muttering to herself as she bounced along, sniffing at the ground. She loved being in her Tali form, everything seemed so much more... real, like a veil had just been taken off and she could see everything for the first time...

She stopped, suddenly, as she heard a colossal crash from up ahead. She hid herself behind a column as a small heiv kuhna and a girl with dark, tanned skin and blonde hair cut into a short bob walked past, then she grinned, noticing that the candle holder they had just passed by was tilted to one side, looking as though it had been knocked over and carelessly replaced... "I wonder what they're up to" she 'wuffed' to herself, deciding to follow them quietly so as not to be seen...

Unfortunately for her, she forgot that candle holders were placed at intervals along the corridor, and she just so happened to be standing in front of the next one...

CRASHHH!!!

"So much for quietly" she thought to herself, sitting in a heap of candle wax with the candle holder on her head upside-down..."thank goodness for fur"..."uh-oh" she thought, for the two creatures she had been following had noticed her...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/20/2011 7:35 PM

She was usually pretty neat, keeping things orderly, but this place was so new; it held her interest with a vice like grip.
"Is that Yepha?" Bumble asked, leaving the candles askew as she came towards the heiv kuhna who only nodded to her friend and turned her attention back to the Goddess.

Bumble looked the old and worn statue up and down quickly before turning her attention to the other two; men in flowing robes. Zu'hai and Xai're as people assumed they appeared. Xai're was pretty easy to pick out with the-!
The thought was cut short with another loud clatter and clang her.

Bee wincing as she turned, ready to chastise Bumble again when she found that it was not her friend behind her, but a tali.
"Oh uh... Whoa!" Bee jumped, "Hey uh... Are you okay? Is your... furr... on fire or anything?" She didn't see any smoke but, well, you could never be 100% sure, right?

Bumble was looking too, giving the tali a quick wave and a laugh (she looked pretty silly with a candle holder on her head) before turning back to the statues. Hey, this one had an inscription at it's feet. Yepha and knowledge... It looked like a little poem, or song.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/23/2011 9:01 PM

Bali grinned a sheepish grin; she hadn't expected them to be so laid-back, or caring. Now she just had to find out who they were and what they were up to! She lifted the candle holder off her head, replaced it on the pedestal, and decided to shake the melted wax off her fur, not realising that it hd already solidified...

pingpingpingpingping as all the bullets of solid wax flew off her and hit the surrounding statues! At this, it was just too much for the monks. Yelling, cursing and tearing fistfuls of non-existant hair out of their scalps (monks are bald) they began to chase Bali down through the hall!

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! She cried as she ran past the girl and the kuhna, who seemed to be admiring a statue of a goddess, though to be honest, unless she was going to appear and stop the monks, Bali couldn't really care less at that moment...

She was running so fast that she didn't notice a flight of steps leading down into the lower levels of the shrine...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/24/2011 8:40 PM

"Eek!" Bumble squealed as she was pelted with... something. She looked at herself, finding her void of any remnants of whatever had been shot at her, using common sense, looked towards the ground in hopes of finding whatever it had been.

Dotting the ground were small, semi-translucent white flecks. Was it dandruff or something? Wondering just what it was Bumble crouched down and picked one up, but didn't have time to properly process the stuff before the shrine seemed to errupt with noise.
"Huh?"

Bee, who had not been hit with the wax and was use to ignoring the antics of others, could not ignore irate monks or the screams of that same tali.
"What is going on?" She asked, watching as the tali ran off, followed by a group of much slower monks. This seemed very out of character for the usually peaceful, quiet and observant holy men she'd seen.
"Hey! What did I miss?"
"I think," Bumble said, "we should follow and find out!"
Nothing more need be, or could be, said as Bumble sprinted off after the group leaving Bee only enough time to roll her eyes before following after her friend.
Oh boy, here we go again.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/25/2011 7:25 AM

"Aaaaaghhhh cried theTali as she rolled down the stairs, coming to rest in a heap at the bottom. Upstairs, the monks cursed and screamed, but they seemed unwilling to follow her down, so she got up, brushed herself off, and set off into the dark. After a while, she came to another statue like the one before, but this one looked like it hasn't been touched for a very long time, and there was a great big crack right where it's heart would be.

Bali shivered and walked on, coming to some more steps leading upwards. Following them, she arrived at a doorway with light showing through round the edges. She thought about opening it and decided against it, in case something else would fall on her. She changed to ghost form and passed through the closed door, and - came out in the middle of an empty hall. Bali breathed a sigh of relief, there were no monks here, just a few stray snowflakes falling through a hole in the ceiling, so she wandered to what she presumed to be the entrance of the hall, back where the goddess statues were.

Just then, she caught site of the hiev kuhna and the girl from before and was caught in a dilemma. They had seemed very nice, and it seemed like they were searching for something... Bali was sure she had been looking for something too, but she just couldn't remember what... Maybe these two could help her? But to find out, she would need to go after them, and that would mean going up against the angry monks again...

Bali chuckled as she remembered she had another form, one in which no-one would recognise her. Shifting human,Image she turned to look at the door far behind her and realised it had a strange symbol on it.Image "I know that symbol" she thought to herself, "but where from?"

She turned, still puzzled about the symbol, and ran after the others.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/25/2011 1:48 PM

The tali suddenly went over the edge of the stairs, Bee and Bumble not wanting too go much closer with the monks acting so strange.
"What is up with these guys..." Bumble whispered to her friend who could only shrug her small shoulders.
"I don't know," Bee whispered back, "Maybe... Maybe there's something going on we don't know about? We could ask them about it... I dunno if I... want to get on their bad side though..."

Bumble thought that both ideas were good and also, "Hey, didn't that Tali just fall down the stairs?" she turned back to the crowd of monks which seemed to be thinning out now, "Do you think she's okay?"
"They wouldn't just leave her if she was hurt," Bee said with a frown, "I mean, come on. They're not evil. They're holy men..."
The two looked at one another, then to the monks. They really were in an awful mood as they stormed off in dribs and drabs. When the number had dwindled to two Bee and Bumble moved over towards the staircase to check for the tali who had apparently continued down the hall and had moved on.

"Where does that lead?" Bee wondered aloud to herself. The two remaining monks looked up with frowns still hanging on their lips before they turned away and marched back to the main hall.
A look of displeasure crossed Bumble's face, "I can't believe them. That was very rude! The tali didn't deserve that."

(( Hey~ So my one concern from your last post is... Well I can't even think where your character is or went. And you seem to have dragged my characters someplace they are not. They chased the monks chasing your character in the last scene but did not follow Bali all the way to where she is now. And I guess she's in the hall of the lost, but I wouldn't say that Bumble and Bee are that far in. They're still at the staircase where your character fell down the stairs. So please try to avoid controlling my characters, okay? c:
I cannot, right now, figure out how my characters would end up where you're placing them so I am, unfortunately, going to ignore that part of your post. You don't need to move your character from where she is if you don't want but you need to either explain how Bali is seeing my characters right now (some sort of magical phenomenon in the hall of the lost?) or drop that from your post. But I'm a bit lost from your post. ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/25/2011 3:42 PM

Bali ran towards the girl and the kuhna, then stopped as she caught site of two monks walking away from them. She hid behind a pillar and smiled as she heard the kuhna say "I can't believe them. That was very rude! The tali didn't deserve that."  She debated with herself for a few moments longer, then, shifting to tali form, she stepped out from behind the pillar.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped in front of the others. "Um, hi, I'm - Eeek!" She got no further, as she was interrupted by a blossom Fellox grabbing her by the tail! Image

"There you are!" the Fellox cried, "We've been looking for you everywhere! I knew you'd get yourself into trouble, just look at the state of you! Covered in wax, singed fur, dust - Haaaaaa-CHOO! - Crax, I've found her!"

This was directed at a glacial Batti, Image who flitted in looking dreadfully worried. "Sssh, Candy, they'll notice her!" he hissed, pointing to a group of dishevelled monks that were passing by, grumbling to themselves. Turning to the Kuhna and the girl, he said "please excuse my manners my dear ladies, I'll introduce us in a moment. let us just change forms before they recognise us" and, giving a wink, turned humanImage, followed by the FelloxImage. Bali grumbled, looked embaressed, then changed human too.

"My name is Crax, my dear fellox friend is Candy, and this" - he pushed Bali forwards - "is Bali."

"Erm...Hi! Sorry about the uproar..." Bali said, blushing.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/27/2011 9:36 PM

And from behind a pillar was the same tali! Or, what appeared to be. Bee feeling a bit jumpy after all the racket jumped up a little with her fur sticking up and her eyes wide. It didn't help that the tali was pulled back suddenly.

Bumble took it rather well with a, "That's a cute name. Eek." followed by a few giggles as the other group reacquainted and Bee gave her fur a quick fix.
"No worries about the mess. Didn't really affect us, right Bee?" the girl with the short, blonde bob asked her smaller companion who nodded.
"It's alright and a pleasure to meet you, I guess. I'm Bee," Bee pointed to herself, then gestured to the human-form lucain next to her, "and this is Bumble. Er... What, exactly, did all of you do to annoy the monks? They're a peaceful sort for the most part."
Since the batti and fellox both felt the need to change into an alternate form, well, that seemed to hint towards everyone having been involved in this "annoy the monks" scheme. Which is what it was shaping up to be, in the mind of Bee, anyway.

"That's a neat name. Crax. Sounds kinda' scary, like a villains name." Bumble giggled, "But I guess I can't judge. My names kinda' weird."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/28/2011 7:43 PM

"I assure you, my dear Bee, I am no villain, and your name is lovely," said Crax with a wily smile, "and we are not trying to annoy the monks. We are simply here looking for an... item... which is of high interest to us. Bali here is just a little... shall we say... impaired in her sense of spatial awareness, and tends to get herself and her companions into trouble because of it."

"Look, for the last time it was not my fault. All I did was lean on the pedestal for a minute! I didn't realise there was anything on it!" Whimpered Bali miserably. "And I was just trying to back away from them a little whilst being quiet when I ran into the candle-holder. And I didn't think the wax had cooled so quickly, or that there was so much on me. I didn't mean to disrespect the gods, or the monks or anyone..."

"Be that as it may, it's still your fault for wandering away from us. And the fact is, it happened, and the monks don't like it, no matter how accidental it was. You're just going to have to pray more and wander off less." Said Candy reprimandingly.

"Sorry..." muttered Bali as her face fell. Then she looked up at Bee and Bumble. "I'm really sorry for all the trouble I cause, really, I don't mean to. Its just that when I get excited I lose track of things such as my surroundings... I was just curious about what you were up to..." she trailed off, looking at them beeseechingly. "What were you up to? I saw you looking at the statue, there was one just like it in the hall I found after I fell down the stairs, only this one had a great big crack through it, right where it's heart would be, and it looked like it hadn't been touched in a loooong time, because it was covered in dust..."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/28/2011 9:01 PM

"Well if it's an item here in the shrine, I don't know if it's something you could take."
Crax may not have been talking to Bee but she would speak up about thievery, or potential thievery. Bumble, who hadn't really clued in on any of that said, "An item? Did you lose something?" The pause left between the batti's words and their potential meaning sailed well over Bumble's air-head. It didn't help that Crax preferred to use a long string of not entirely clear terms to say what he had to say. Whatever it was had apparently upset the tali named Bali.

"OhmyGoddess...!" Bumble breathed, "Your name... totally rhymes with your species! That is so awesome! And that's okay! Those monks were being stupidly grouchy anyway. Pfft, holy men my butt." Bumble said, finishing off her thoughts with a quick nod. yes, that all sounded about right.
"It's no trouble. I'm more concerned about why the monks were acting so out of character. From what I've heard they're more shadow like than anything. You barely hear them talk outside of singing their hymnals." Bee said, sounding confused. The way her tail swept back and forth across the dusty floors also hinted at her confusion and bit of annoyance.
"We're just here to see the shrine." Bee said, "A lot of the people back home have all seen it and a lot of amazing things have happened here."
"A broken statue?" Bumble wondered allowed, "Where is that? Man, how long have you guys been here? Sounds like you've already seen a lot of the shrine."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/28/2011 9:40 PM

"That's the problem. The item we seek was given to the monks for safekeeping, but it seems to have altered them. We need to study it closely to find out why" Candy stated, matter-of-factly. "We wouldn't take anything that belongs here, but this thing doesn't, and it's stirring up trouble."

"I hope we haven't disturbed your visit too much," said Crax, "and we hope you continue to explore and enjoy the Shrine. If you need any assistance, feel free to call me. Literally." Grinning like a devil, he bowed, turned and strode away from them.

"Don't mind him," said Candy, "he can sense distrust in people, and he's very sensitive about it. I'd better go after him. Bali, stay out of trouble." And with that, she turned and ran off down the hall.

"Um... I could show you the broken statue and the hallway, if you like..." suggested Bali, breathing a sigh of relief. She could never relax properly around those two (even though they were her friends). "I promise I'll be more careful this time..." She said sheepishly.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate