A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Returning to the place we came from.

Postby Kyrit » 01/05/2008 10:15 PM

He was here once again... The very same halls that he had once wondered in hopes of finding a way to free himself. Destiny had promised him, saying that she wanted to return here one day and possibly help another escape these walls. Rak'kal hated that she would do such a thing as ruin her life more so for his species. Were they really worthy of her destroying herself?

The sapphire Hunter turn his head enough to look back at her, letting out a small sigh. "Remember that just because we are here does not mean that others will come out of hiding. Many of us fear what is to become of the ones we bond to." He looked forward again, out into the darkness. Would he see any of his old friends again?

Destiny gave a soft smile and let her hand rest on the back of his mane. "Don't worry Rak'kal. I just want to see if I can help. If not, at least I have rescued you."

(Okay. Zein is gonna be joining in as well. We want ONE other person to join. Must be hunter-less. We're gonna try to help ya. And Khe joins if she wants to. =3)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1590
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/05/2008 10:35 PM

Yu?©

This was unusual, for he came out of hiding for once in his life. Yu?© was solitary, simple as that. He preferred his lone ventures, always by himself. There was only one exception for his need to be alone, her name was Toxicosis, a Venom Fellox. He watched her like a hawk, a guardian. He wasn't bonded with her that way, but just sought to protect her. As of recently, the two were separated from each other. She left with that stupid pink Lucain and vanished. He heard rumors she was off at war.

Why had he appeared here? Well, he was Fellox, he had sinned. The thing was, he was connected with spirits in his previous time. He'd decided, in coming here, perhaps he'd be able to find a clue on how to repent for what he had done. He shamed himself and he wanted to right it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/05/2008 10:51 PM

ImageImage
Ha'kai & Rez'ka

Basantha... it had been his home for ages, and how he had hoped he would never return. But word had come that they were needed, to help others find a hunter themselves. Ha'kai and Noka had set out alone, and determined.

But of course, she wasn't going to be left behind. She had never seen Basantha Shrine, home of her kind, whom she had never met. She was born free, never touched by the curse the rest of her kin had suffered under. She was unwanted, she knew. But that didn't stop her. She wouldn't let Ha'kai's pitiful refusals put her off. She was coming and that was that.

So they arrived, Ha'kai annoyed, despite his very friendly nature, and Noka tired. The silence that usually lay undisturbed over the shrine was suddenly broken as Ha'kai roared loudly and enraged at Rez'ka. The opal female laughed raucously and fled ahead, not paying attention to where she was going, so immersed in her glee she was.

{6}{1}
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/05/2008 11:41 PM

A loud roar surprised the vixen, causing her to almost fall from Rak'kal's back. She managed to catch herself in time and glanced about to see who was making such a racket. Didn't they know this was supposed to be a quiet and peaceful place?

Rak'kal knew that sound all too well. It was the rumbling roar of another male Hunter, one that sounded quite displeased as something. "One must come to accept that even hunters can get angered at time. We know very well what this place is, as we've lived here. There are times when these halls are filled with much noise from many different creatures. I am rather surprised that we would hear another of my kinda so soon though." He hadn't noticed the other creature in the area yet.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/06/2008 12:07 AM

The Bleached Fellox's ears pulled down against his head when he heard a roar echo throughout the mostly empty halls. Mostly because now he knew that they weren't empty. There went his possibility to simply sit in peace and think things over. Meditate? You call it that. It wouldn't be much of a surprise if he did meditate. Actually, beings like him usually did some form of that while training. What was he? Well, it wasn't very clear, but he had two blades sheathed and crossed, attached to his back. Correct, he'd brought weapons to a shrine. He may have been here to simply attempt to connect with spirits, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to be prepared for possibly dangerous circumstances.

As he stepped forward, his ears perked back up. He spun on his heels, practically soundless, just in time to be face to face with a pale multicolored beast. With Rez'ka not paying attention, she probably would ran smack into him.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/06/2008 2:54 PM

Rez'ka was too busy looking over her shoulder to see the fellox before her- until it was too late. Unless he miraculously managed to move out of her way, they would end up being a pile of hunter and fellox.

Behind her, Ha'kai and Noka were closely following, "Watch out!" The human girl riding upon the green hunter's back shouted. The male too leapt forward to knock her out off course, but they were too late. Rez'ka had already attempted to stop and ended up tumbling over onto her chest right where the fellox was supposedly standing.

{7}{2}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/06/2008 3:05 PM

The sapphire Hunter saw the oncoming collision now, his eyes having followed after the opal hunter once his eyes had finally found her. Poor fellox... All those sharps crystals that were going to soon be slammed against his body.

"L-Look out!" the vixen on his back tried to call out, although she'd surely be far too late. She had only caught sight of this event right as the hunter was about to crash into Yu?©. Her eyes then caught something else. There was another hunter chasing after the opal one... and it had someone on its back? Wow! Someone else had actually managed to bond a hunter to them and get them away.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/07/2008 2:10 AM

The voices, the voices, two of them telling both him and the oncoming Hunter to pay attention so they wouldn't collide. Through it all, he picked up on the faint sound of foot steps. In his mind's eye, it was as if the other creature was coming forward in slow motion. He was watching that carefully, calculating the outcome rapidly.
As the Hunter tried to stop and stumbled forward, he sprang up with the power of his hind legs to launch himself over her. His front paws met with her back, as did his back paws soon after, as he carefully pushed off again against her to keep himself airborne. He made a small maneuver in midair in order not to land on anyone else.
Yu?© landed in a crouch on the floor, narrowly escaping that disaster. Without training, even if he had slacked on it just recently, he doubted he could have made that in time. Shaking it off, he glanced back at Rez'ka with narrowed eyes. "You should watch where you're going. This is a usually peaceful place." It was luck that it was him and not a priest or something of the like. That would have been very bad.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/07/2008 7:33 PM

Rez'ka picked herself up, rubbing her jaw with her lower foreleg. "Oh shut up. You didn't get squashed by a hunter, so don't be moody." She on the other hand, had embarrassed herself. So.. she sulked. At least until Ha'kai showed up and began to ream her.

"You are such a child." he said simply, "And the fellox is right. Stop disturbing the peace, you're going to scare the others away, not attract them."

Noka smiled as she climbed off of Ha'kai, noticing the other hunter and his bonded companion. "Hello." she smiled at them, glad to see another bonded pair. "I'm Noka, this is Ha'kai, my partner in crime, and Rez'ka... the child." She snickered at this last bit, earning an indignant snarl from the female hunter. Ha'kai glowered at her, and she was silenced. "Sorry about all that... she was just playing a prank on Ha'kai and she knows he'll swat her."

{8}{3}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/11/2008 3:07 PM

Rak'kal lowered himself in a bow, which in turn allowed the kitsune girl to slip from his back. "It's very nice to meet you too, Noka. I'm Destiny, and my companion is Rak'kal." She allowed her hand to rest on the Hunter's head once he stood back up. "Rez'ka... she didn't come from within these walls, did she?"

Rez'ka looked too different then the others to have come from Basantha. So far, Destiny had only heard of a few different types of Hunter's from Rak'kal.

The sapphire hunter slowly shook his head. "With how she's acting, I highly doubt so."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/12/2008 8:45 PM

The Fellox's tails flicked. Not in annoyance, but just showing that he was thinking something over. From the looks of it, his chance of any peaceful relaxation was over. This would be the first time that he had ever met a Hunter or another human, save for those that had 'taken care of him' in that rehabilitation center long ago, his mistress, and his mistress' neighbor.

"Fortunately, I'm not an old cripple..." He said to Rez'ka, not meaning any harm to her spirits. Perhaps...She'd take that as humor? Either way. Yu?© never said he was good at holding conversations well.

"What are the five of you doing here? Not praying, clearly." Just take things slow. Hopefully, he wouldn't come off as a jerk. It was sometimes hard to do, when you preferred not to speak in general.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/13/2008 12:48 AM

Rez'ka ignored Yue's comment as she instantly bristled at Rak'kal. "Hey, just because our kind has such a gloomy past doesn't mean we can't have fun. Lighten up, old timer."

Ha'kai instantly leapt between them, glowering at Rez'ka. "Do not speak thus to him. Or any of these halls we come across. You are aarogant as you were born free. And you would do well to hold your tongue, cub."

Rez'ka rolled her eyes at Ha'kai, "So touchy." And turned to Yue. "Yeah, well that's fortunate. For you, at least. Otherwise, we'd be a messy pile."

Ha'kai sighed and turned to Rak'kal, "I am sorry for her rudeness." He lowered his head in apology. Meanwhile, Noka had sat back and watched all this. She loved Ha'kai, and she did get annoyed with Rez'ka, but... Noka didn't know, but maybe Rez'ka could be useful. And it wouldn't hurt Ha'kai to loosen up himself. He was fine when with her, but otherwise, he was a stiff. While they argued, she turned to Yue, "No, our group is not here to pray. Why, are you?" She instantly blanched and looked shocked, "Oh! I'm so sorry we were disturbing you!"

{9}{4}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/13/2008 2:45 AM

"It's alright." Rak'kal spoke to the emerald Hunter. "She does no know of our ways, and I will not force them upon her. I just suggest that she may want to tone it down since we aren't the only ones roaming the halls. Remember that Xai're's Mekkayenas have been unleashed now, and they don't always take kindly to others." His eyes slid over to the fellox, crystal tail giving a small flick. He didn't speak, but instead his bonded did.

"No. I'm not much of a praying type. I just came here to see if Rak and I can help out another Hunter." She seemed rather happy for someone that was so sickly.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/17/2008 6:10 PM

Yu?© somehow managed a sort of grin to the youngest of the Hunters. "That, I am thankful for."
And he was back to observing all of them; three Hunters, two of which had apparently come from this shrine previously, and two humans, which must have been the ones to form bonds and free them. If that was the case, then both of them had given something up in their lives, he wondered, vaguely, what it was. "Attempting to make better of myself."He stated in response to the women with Ha'kai and Rez'ka. Of course, he was a Fellox. They all had sins to try and reverse. "Attempting to reconnect spiritual connections as well."He'd lost any of the connections that he previously had.

His pink eyes then shifted to the other women, considering something. "Surely you cannot afford to lose more of yourself."She already felt...off, despite her cheer. He was silent, his tails flicking as he mulled something over. "I may be correct in saying that they can bind to anyone willing to make the sacrifice, yes?"This was probably an answer that one of the two knowing Hunters could give. Wouldn't helping one of them be a respectful task? From what he could see, there wasn't anyone else around to help with their cause.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/17/2008 8:03 PM

Ha'kai shrugged, "I have only heard of it being done with humanoids. But I suppose so. However, I am not an expert and cannot say for sure weather I am right or wrong." Noka too shook her head, "I'm sorry, we're not much use in answering questions. We're still learning."

Rez'ka blinked a few times at their answers, "Well that's unfair, if our kind can only bond to humanoids. Are you looking for a companion of our species, uh..." She paused, remembering the conversation. "What's your name?"

{10}{5}
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next