A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Chased [Private/Teen]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/20/2007 1:15 AM

Using Ryder in human form.

Ryder panted hard as he darted into one of the back entrances of the temple, and glanced behind him to make sure he wasn't being followed. He didn't like the ones chasing him, and they didn't like HIM, or else they wouldn't be chasing him. He gritted his teeth, and sped up, his lungs already burning for air. It was then he hit utter black. He skidded to a stop, and was still in the darkness. He could hear his breath. Hear his racing heart, and the blood thrumming through his ears.

"Shit..." he murmured, closed his eyes. "I'm lost. Great. Just great."

He turned all the way around, and started moving towards the only place where there wasn't a wall. Until he hit a wall.

"OW!" he yelped, rubbing his nose. "Stupid sunnuva..."

With a sigh, he tried the other direction, and stumbled off into the unknown territory, terrified he was going to run smack dab into something.

"Ok, Ryder. You're lost, you're in the dark, and you have no idea where you are, aside from somewhere in the damn Temple. This is juuuuuust peachy, ain't it?"

He sighed again, and rubbed his eyes, despite the fact it did absolutely no good at all.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 09/20/2007 2:14 AM

"The forces of the world are churning again..." The words stopped midway as the man stopped and looked up. He was quite youthful-looking, though his age was hidden quite well. A string of blond fell before his face from the neatly groomed cap of short hair, which he quickly blew from his face. There had been a noise in the one of the corridors further in the Shrine, though he knew he was alone in this quiet room. He struggled to a stand, dusting the dirt from his pure white trenchcoat and headed out of the room, curious as to what had made the desperate sound.

"Hmmm..." His azure eyes scanned the growing darkness as he entered another room. This was where the noise had been made, or so he thought. "Hello?"

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Ryder [2]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/20/2007 2:33 AM

Ryder sighed, and shook his head one more time, closing his useless eyes, and sliding to a sitting position. He was starting to get dizzy from all the moving and darkness, and not having a damn clue where he was. He heard the voice, but didn't respond right away. After a moment, though, he realized just HOW alone he was, and tears started to prick at his eyes.

"I'm here! I'm over here! Dammit, I'm here! I can't see!"

By then, he was full-out crying, and couldn't stop himself. Damn him for being so weak as to break into tears. But he was afraid, wounded, winded, and lost. Even though HE didn't believe he did, he had a right to break down.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 09/20/2007 2:52 AM

The sound of muffled sobbing accompanying a rather agitated and fearful response caused the seraph to venture further into the darkness, his eyes quickly growing accustomed to the dim light of the place.He had to hurry...

"I'm coming..." he said calmly, reaching his arms out and slowly fanning them out until they hit something solid and living. His hands clasped around a piece of cloth, possibly a shirt. "I'm here... Are you alright?" he said, concern drenching his voice. "Come on, let's get out of the darkness shall we?"

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Ryder [3]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/20/2007 3:08 AM

The sobbing didn't stop, just grew stronger as he slid off the wall, and into the other's arms - not caring WHO it was at this point. He did not deal well with being alone. He didn't say a word, just curled into the warmth of another body, whimpering. Trembling all over. Blood coating several areas of his body, the tangy-bitter smell of it in the air. His pulse pounding - breath coming short and shallow. He was terrified.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 09/20/2007 3:16 AM

Tyrael slowly eased the slumped figure towards the light to get a better look at him, pupils dilating as they moved to leave the room and stand in the threshold. As the seraph held him, he felt the wet slick of warm blood in his hand, it seems the shirt was drenched in it. "Goodness, dear boy. Are you alright?" he asked somewhat worriedly, bracing his arms to help the other stand. It was liquid iron in his lungs, the smell was so pungent and lingered in the frosty air of the small corridor.

"What happened?" The angel blinked, looking down at the one leaning against his chest. The blood... it was all over his immaculate coat, but he shrugged it off. That would be nothing to just will it away after this one was gone...

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Ryder [4]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/20/2007 9:09 AM

He was so tired. Getting weaker. He could feel his blood and his energy leaving his body. It wasn't that hard to follow the other - all he really did was just stagger after him, and lean against him / fall against him when he couldn't do anything else in the way of keeping his balance. A moment or two was all it took to realize he was being spoken to.

"Wha?... Oh. Chased... shot..." he murmured quietly. "Didn't do anything.... Dunno why... want me..."

He was starting to black out. His body was slumping gently against the other sahound's, and he didn't seem able to stop it doing so. And didn't even seem like he cared one way or another. He was growing cold. His blood leaking out like that was definitely not good for him, just as it would not have been good for anyone.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 09/21/2007 1:03 AM

((Gosh that color font is cool! x3))

Tyrael studied the slumped body against him, pondering the murmured words falling uneasily from the mouth of the other. "You were... shot?" the angel's mouth tightened. Now why would someone chase another all the way up the barren slopes of the mountains here? He positioned himself so the other didn't have to hold his own weight too much, placing a hand slightly before the biggest wound. A soft heat emanated from his hand, willing the gashes to heal up faster than normal, though not in anyway supernaturally fast...

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Ryder [5]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/25/2007 9:03 AM

Ryder nodded a bit as the other sahound hit the nail right on the head. Being shot didn't feel good, of course, and there was very little time to stop that feeling from turning into a fatal one. The healing glow managed to slow the bleeding, though, and a few moments later it stopped on its own. That wasn't to say he didn't still have the wound - he did. And it still hurt like hell.

"Help....."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 09/28/2007 2:33 AM

Realizing they were still standing, which in turn probably made things worse for the other Sahound, Tyrael said, "Let's just put you down, there we go." He helped the other to sit up on the floor instead, in turn, taking a kneeling position and trying to keep the other still. "If you didn't do anything, I wonder why someone would want to hurt you, let alone shoot you... er..." Tyrael's azure eyes fell to the weakened glances of the other. "I don't suppose I caught your name..."

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Ryder [6]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/28/2007 10:53 AM

"My name is.... Ryder...." he murmured weakly.

The youth shut his eyes, and fully went limp on the floor. However, he was still breathing hard and still not COMPLETELY limp, so he was still conscious even if he probably wished he wasn't. Within a few moments, he'd curled onto his right side, eyes closed still. Pain was unpleasant for anyone to deal with, but for Ryder, with an over-sensitivity to it, it was hell. A paper-cut, to him, was like stab with a dagger to anyone else. Knowing that, it was easy to see why the poor Sahound was quite literally almost writhing in agony.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 09/29/2007 12:36 AM

Tyrael held the limp body close, it was all he could do to fight off the urge and blow his cover by flying off and taking this dying boy to the hospital. "Why.. Why shoot you..." his voice trailed off, as he tried once more to run a hand over the largest wounds, basking them in warmth emanating from his very soul. He just had to figure out why all of this had happened... and why here, at such a place as this?

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Ryder [7]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/30/2007 11:39 AM

The poor Sahound didn't respond. He appeared to be saving his strength. Which wasn't a half bad idea - he needed it. The wound responded to the touch of light by starting to heal slightly faster. By no means was it going to miraculously seal shut. On the other hand, the touch did seem to ease his pain at least slightly. He relaxed, and lay his head back against the other in a calmer manner than before. His eyes remained shut, however, and there was a tension in the air. He was forcing himself to stay conscious. It was probably a good idea. As to the other's question... even if Ryder HAD been awake enough to think on it, he wouldn't have known the answer. He'd been in quad form when it happened, so he might have been mistaken for some hunter's prey. It didn't really matter to him right now.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 10/16/2007 1:41 AM

It was decided. A look of concern plastered upon his face, the Seraph held Ryder's limp body close and hefted him up, the entire weight now in his arms. Worrying not about the stains on his shirt nor the circumstances, Tyrael made his way slowly out of the darkened hallways and into the main room, heading for the great vaulted doors. Perhaps a doctor and a few stitches would help this poor boy more than he could... With wings unseen, the immaculate figure shifted out and swept away into crisp, chill night...

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate