A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Looking for Adventure (all welcome)

Postby Stala » 09/14/2008 8:51 PM

Dreamsnare Garudor
Name: Silence
Voltage Sahound
Name: Thunderblast

Silence glided to the ground, landing with a slight thud. Thunderblast jumped of her back, grateful to be on solid grond again ater the long, stomach churning trip. He turned and looked at the shrine and, quite frankly, was very unimpressed.
"What's so special abot this place? Its just some building thingo on a mountain."
Silence sighed, an impressive feat for a mute, although it was more like she'd randomly decided to take a deep breath than a sigh. She took a note from a pouch tied to her leg and put it in front of Thunderblast, who began to read it out loud.
"Notes for test. To calulate the perimiter of a circle, multiply the diameter by pi. To calculate the area, multiply the radius by its self then by pi. The diameter of a circle is the length of a straight line through the center of a circle and radius is half of that. The area of a tria- hey! I was reading that!" Thunderblast looked annoyance at his partner who was now putting the note back in her leg pouch. Silence looked at the obviosly annoyed Sahond and scratched a message into the icy ground. We got the wrong note.
"Great," said Thunderblast, "What now?"
Silence rubbed out her previous message and wrote we could go look for stuff in the shrine.
"What kind of stuff?"
Silence shrugged, another imressive feat.
"Do we have anything better to do?"
Silence shook her head.
"In that case, lets go explorin'!"
The unusual pair walked up the stairs that led to the temple, unaware of the adventures that were about to befall them.

(1,1)
Stala
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 94
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/16/2008 10:59 PM

ooc-- ooooh, adventure!! can I come too?

Lolita paced on the smooth marble floors, nose to ground. Her warm breath fogged the tiles. She stopped pacing to raise her head, and her breath masked her face with opaque clouds. Ice coated most of the inside of the shrine, at least the room she was in, and made every surface an unbearably cold mirror or crystal. Every wall and every door seemed to glow from reflected sunlight. It gave the shrine an eerie feel. Lolita spread her wings and glided to the coldest door. Snow wormed its way in through the cracks of the door as well as some icy breeze. Lolita landed here and turned the handle with a paw. The door swung outward and piled a snowdrift onto her face. Lolita shook off the icyness and padded down the mountain, aiming to leave, when a tall Garudor caught her eye, off in the distance. Travelers! she thought excitedly, and jumped into the breeze to meet them, wings flapping against the wind.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Stala » 09/17/2008 3:48 AM

OOC: Of corse! Thats why the title says "all welcome" :D

IC: Thunderblast and Silence had trouble walking up the stais, or at least Thunderblast did. Silence was able to grip the stairs with her claws and had experience with high altitude areas. Thuderblast had to make to with paws, and by the time he had managed to climb five stairs he was gasping from lack of oxygen. As annoying as he could be, Silence found it slightly sad to see someone who was usualy so full of energy brought down so easily. The elements can be so harsh, she thought. She went down and picked him up in her claws with no protest. Lifting him to a small alclove where he could catch his breath, she wrote another message in the ice. Are you OK?
"Yeah," he replied, "just outa breath."
You should watch yourself, Silence wrote, there's less air up here and if you pass out theres a fair way to fall
Thunderblast shifted, snow clinging to his fur. Silence couldn't help noticing how well his coat blended into the surrounding ice, despite the fact he couldn't survive here for a day by himself.
"Look, Silence! There's another Dreamsnare creature over there!"
Thunderblast's sudden outburst snapped the garudor from her thoughts.
"Can we go meet them? Huh? Huh? Canwecanwecanweeee?"
Silence, got up and made a "come on" gesture.
"Yay!"
After abit of slipping, the pair made it to the temple, where they saw a dreamsnare yonyuu.
"Hi!" Thunderblast said, "I'm Thunderblast, and this is Silence, she can't talk. You know, I know a Dreamsnare yonyuu. He dosen't like being a yonyuu and is almost always in anthro for-" a black and green claw covered his mouth. "Fine," he said to Silence before returning to the yonyuu, "So, what's your name?"
Stala
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 09/17/2008 4:38 PM

Adventure seems fun right now

[center]Image
[center]Image

They were back, even after that last, I guess you could say, strange experience. Lyder had pretty much forced Opal to come back to this place, for some reason he likes it a lot. Last time they were here they had gotten lost, but that wasn't going to happen this time, they have a map. Opal let Lyder read the map, she doesn't have arms so how can she read and walk at the same time."Lyder, your holding the map upside-down." Opal hisses to him. The Void Bleeder quickly turns the map right ride up,"What good are you if you can't even hold a map right." The Jewel Magistrey says sarcastically. Lyder glares at Opal, but with no effect. he has trouble reading maps, or anything for that matter. Opal only let him guide them because he has arms. He told her he wouldn't let her down, now he was afraid we would. He gave a sigh and sat down to wait for this hallway. Suddenly, and without warning, the floor dropped out from under them. Opal made a squawk and fell, Lyder holding onto her back feathers for almost dear life.

Through a tunnel then landed in a shallow pool. Not this again. At least they won't have to go through the same thing as last time. Opal stood up in the shallow water and walked out onto a rocky shore. Lyder had been thrown off of her back and was now covered in a strange moss or algae. He started to pick of the green slime as he walked back over to Opal. It looks almost like they're in a sewedge drain. Opal looked forward down the tunnel to where there is a light. She started walking to it, Lyder walking/tripping behind her, pulling desperately at the algae knotted onto him. At the end of the tunnel there is a cave. As the walked into the cave it grew immensely cold, and they realised they were back outside. Luckily for Opal the water didn't get into her soft downy feathers, meant to keep heat in and insulate her. Lyder, however, is a reptile, as in he's freezing cold. Opal takes him gently with her claws and puts him under her, like a penguin would do with it's young. He snuggles into her feathers and soon falls asleep. Opal decides to take a nap too, so they would find the entrance again and get back to the warmth.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/17/2008 9:08 PM

ooc-- adven-tuuuuure~  :D

Lolita braked too quickly and dropped onto the snow. She folded her wings perfectly and gave Thunderblast a small smile. "My name's Lolita. What brings you two up to this shrine? It's rather harsh inside and out." She half turned to glance behind her. "I almost got frostbitten in one of the back rooms." Lolita blinked as if she remembered something. She raised her head and looked fully behind her. She stood there, quivering, staring back at the forboding shrine. She could feel the relaxing pull of someone falling asleep. "They could freeze to death. . ." her voice trailed off.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Stala » 09/18/2008 7:15 PM

OOC: This will be a quick reply. I'm on a school computer. (Last day of term RULES!)

IC:"Lolita," Thunderblast said thoughtfully, "thats a nice name. As for what we're doing here," Thunderblast looked at Silence who was standing behind him, then the ground, then back at Lolita, "we don't exactly know. Silence was sent up here with me with a note. We got the wrong note though. I probably won't fail my next math test!" Thunderblast chuckled. A sharp claw dug into his leg. "Anyway," he continued with an annoyed look at Silence, "Since we didn't know what we were meant to be doing we decided to explore th temple, so, here we are."
(3,3)
Stala
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 09/18/2008 8:06 PM

Opal ruffled her feathers to get the frost off that had formed on her damp wings. She checked on Lyder that was still sleeping, safely tucked in her under feathers, away from the cold. She looked around, wondering if they should find a way back into the shrine or to leave. She decided to wait until Lyder woke up. She ruffled her feathers again to get comfortable befoer tucking her beak back into her feathers.

She was soon awoken by a sharp prodding on her underside. When she opened her eyes she found Lyder staring at her. She smiled at the annoyed bleeder."Don't you think we should get out of here?" He says, tapping his foot on the floor impatiently. Opal giggled,"Why do you want to leave so bad, you were so eager to get here before?" She stared down at him as he gave a sigh and sat on the cold stone floor of the cave. He heard something in the distance that seemed to be getting closer. He gave a signal to Opal to be quiet as he listened again.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/18/2008 9:14 PM

Lolita turned back to Thunderblast and Silence, the pull of sleep fading. "Thank you," she replied to Thunderblast's compliment. She smiled ever-so-slightly and stepped to the side so they could see the shrine behind her more clearly. Snow blown up from the wind coated her vivid mane with white. She shook it off before it could melt into her underlayer of fur. "You like to explore, do you? Well, since I've been in this shrine nearly all the way through, maybe I could aid you in your venture?" she asked. Lolita shook off yet another pile of cold snow and stepped out of the wind.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 10/13/2008 6:52 PM

(Well probably because people were having trouble logging in and out, I know I was. Some people might have been trying to wait out the problem. I'll continue.)

Opal got up and stretched her wings. Lyder looked annoyed since she had not followed his directions."You can stay here and listen but I'm going to explore out there. Maybe there is a person that's friendly out there." She stepped to the mouth of the cave and opened her wings to take off. Lyder grabbed onto her back feathers a second before she left the ground. She slowly gained altitude as Lyder struggled to get a good hold in the wind."You could have waited for me." He said with impatience. He started to shiver in the cold."Get a hold soon Lyder, the higher we go the colder it'll be." She flapped her wings, sending small pieces of ice plummeting to the ground. Lyder finally found a good hold and snuggled into her feathers."I know that." He breathed on his claws to try to warm them up as he was covered in a coat of snow. Opal glided back down closer to the shrine. She spotted some creatures through the blizzard. She decided to watch them to make sure they're friendly, and besides, Lyder would not approve of her walking up to them and greeting them.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/13/2008 7:35 PM

ooc-- ohhh. I'm always logged on, so I don't have those problems

Lolita's head jerked upward into the blinding snow, seeing nothing but white. Her mane whipped about her face, making it harder for her to see. She peered into the whiteness, and her efforts rewarded her: the figure of a birdlike creature made its mark on the wind. A smudgen of purple was all Lolita could see, but that was enough for her. With one last glance at the sahound and garudor, she lunged into the blizzard. The fast winds quickly carried her high into the sky, and she still could not see. It was some time before she refound the magistrey and fought the wind to meet her. "Hey!" she shouted against the ice and snow, "Who are you?"

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 10/14/2008 6:12 PM

Opal watched as the Dreamsnare Yonyuu flew up to them. She could feel Lyder's heat slowly depleting and so decided to enter the shrine again. She made a motion to the Yonyuu to follow as she plunged down towards the large building. Opal pushed the door open with her large claws and slowly stepped inside. Lyder jumped down, and still covered in snow, rushed to the nearest candle. He finally shook off the coat of snow and sat down, shivering. Opal crouched over him, almost drowning him in her soft under feathers. His small body became still in the warmth. Opal started to preen her wing feathers of any snow or ice as she waited for the yonyuu to follow.

(Sorry, bad post)

Opal-4
Lyder-4

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/15/2008 12:19 AM

Lolita watched the magistrey turn toward the ground, then followed her with a quick flick of her wing. She flew into the open door without folding her wings, and gently glided to the opposite side of the room, where the wind was weakest. She glanced over the others and realized the magistrey was not the only other one there. Lolita flushed, embarrased, and busied herself by shaking snow and ice off her mane and wings. She cleared her throat gently and politely requested, "What are your names?" in a soft voice.

{5}

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Stala » 10/15/2008 1:19 AM

OOC: Ugh! So sorry guys, I had major internet problems. On a lighter note, this is my fifth post with Silence and Thuderblast, yay for minor milestones!

IC: The ever observant Silence watched as Lolita flew up to meet the newcomers. Deciding to accept Lolitas offer, she prodded Thunderblast with her claw.
"ARGH!" he screamed, "I DIDN'T STEAL THE BANANA!" He looked around and, after realizing he was on a mountain with Silence and not a banana store with an angry shopkeeper, he muttered, "Sorry, I must've fallen asleep."
Silence sighed and gestured to Lolita.
"Oh yeah! Lolita offered to show us around this place, didn't she?"
Silence nodded.
"Well, then," Thunderblast said enthusiasticly, "lets catch up with her!" Thunderblast, who hadn't noticed Opal and Lyder, Bounded towards the shrine as energetic as ever with Silence folowing close behind.

(5,5)
Stala
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 10/15/2008 4:12 PM

Opal stood straight up and fluffed her feathers to return any feathers that were out of place to there places."I'm Opal and this Lyder." She pushed the small bleeder out from under her. He fell on his face and mumbled a curse under his breathe. He noticed the other two creatures come in the shrine and wanted to give an annoyed hiss but thought better of it. He quickly crawled back to Opal and climbed up on her back. Opal tapped her foot at his rudeness but decided to leave him alone this time. She can't change the way he is, even if he does endanger himself most of the time. Lyder hid from the other creatures. Opal's large shoulder feathers made great protection and gave him comfort.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Stala » 10/16/2008 5:33 AM

Thunderblast heard Opal's introduction with his sensitive ears. Leaping forwards, he half tackled Opal and began his own introduction.
"Hihi!" he said almost to fast to understand and a little too loud, "I'm Thunderblast and this is Silence and she's realy smart but she can't talk so most don't realise oh and did you know she can write upside down and back to front and I love talking it's so much fun I don't know how she could live without being able to talk 'cause I'd probably go BOOM!" he paused to take a breath, but before he could continue Silence gently lifted  him off of Opal. The large bird, who looked as embarrassed as possible, scratched a message into the ground. Sorry about that, it said, he can get abit carried away at times. When she finished writing, she stole an annoyed look at Thunderblast, who seemed close to hyperventalating. Calm down! she wrote. Thunderblast took her advice, his quick shallow breaths becoming long and deep.
(6,6)
Stala
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Next