Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: *A LARGE BUCKET OF SALT! And Eggs Too, Yup.*

Postby amapup » 04/18/2010 12:28 PM

A small Kuni swam over to the shore, a stick carried protectively in it's mouth. Pup cocked her head, dropping the stick as she looked at the crowd curiously. "Meep?" she asked, flopping herself onto the sand. She wanted to join.

Looking around, Pup spotted a water-colored Lucain. She flopped over to it, looking up at it and thumping he tail. "Mwep?" The pets seemed like they were getting into pairs for the swimming event, and the Kuni guessed this one was a good swimmer. Why else would it be colored like the ocean?

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1001
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 04/18/2010 1:20 PM

Edla turned in suprise upon hearing someone speak to her. She smiled back him. He looked so cool! The man looked like something from a story Lunasa would read to her. Did he go a cool adventures like in the stories too? That would be so awesome! Maybe they could be friends and she could go on adventures with him! For a moment, her imagination ran wild.

Then she remembered he had asked a question. It's a swimming event! There are eggs scattered around in the water and swim to collect them. There team and singles events. She smiled again. Oh, my name is Edla! Very nice to meet you! She held her hand out to shake his. Rowic always said that's how you greeted someone and she trusted Rowic. She beamed at the man, glad to meet a new friend. She was sure they'd have a lot of fun together.

[2]
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Thunder » 04/18/2010 1:45 PM

The little girl seemed very happy to see him, which put a smile on the pirate captain's face. "An egg hunt, eh?" Vell gazed over at the growing crowd. "Well, that certainly sounds interesting. I almost totally forgot about Easter." He looked back down at Edla and shook her outstretched hand. "Elda, huh? That's a nice name. I'm Captain Vell of the Blue Tide. Maybe we could go on this egg hunt together?" Despite being a tough ol' pirate, Vell had a soft side for children, and he would gladly take the time to entertain them.

(Edla and Vell are teaming up o3o)

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby why » 04/18/2010 1:53 PM

Ravi felt her face grow hot under her fur as Dimas approached. She quickly composed herself and gave a polite smile. His accent was foreign to her, only heard while passing people on the streets in small snippets. But, it was warm and different and she didn't have a hard time understanding it.
"O-oh, yes, I am in competition, I'm Ravi nice to meet you," she tried to speak slowly and keep her Indian accent out of speech as best as she could. Ravi had a tendency to word-vomit and crash all the words together when nervous. "do you have team yet?"
why
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 44
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 04/18/2010 2:35 PM

(( Just basically posting to say all the slots in this event are taken up! A few teams have been made while others are still unconfirmed! In this event you MUST team up! If you don’t I will make teams for you. Be afraid! P= I'll be going by the "join in three days" sort of time period to make your teams on this as well, starting from when I put up this thread. <3 ))

Wow! That was fast! His event was full and he was sad to have to turn some people away but 12 was such a safe number, you know? Chorey beamed up at his brother, searching for praise which he received via a tussling of his hair.

“Um, okay everyone!” He said, calling for attention. Apparently he’d gotten over most of his shyness seeing as everything was going so well, “Please team up! It’s really important that you do cause this is a team event! My brother said the sea can be pretty rough and it’s better to have a friend out there with you just in case. ‘Sides it’s more fun that way! So go and make new friends and team up!”

The older of the two stooped down, whispering something to his sibling who nodded quickly.
“You guys don’t have to keep together when you swim, with your team. You can like... stra... strategize! Yah!”
He couldn’t understand why you’d want to swim alone though, how much fun could that be? Though his brother preferred to swim alone, it took all kinds, right? Still weird though.

(( Also be wary of the three sentence rule. I will call you out on it. ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/18/2010 2:56 PM

Ah, so she had to team up then. Zeta doubted it would be more fun, but she wasn't about to argue the rules. Alrighty, which of these would be lucky enough to become her partner? She could spy a few Paragons, though she wasn't sure if their wings would help or hinder them. There was a Teigu who would either be very graceful or very clumsy. Another Lucain-perhaps that could work, though them teaming up might limit their talents. A Merham-now they were bound to be a good swimmer!

Just as she was weighing up her possibilites, she heard a small sound. Curiously, she glanced around until her gaze settled on the Kuni in front of her. She had almost overlooked the tiny thing! But there was no doubt it was built for water. And she had to admit it looked quite sweet, though she wasn't about to say so.

"Hi there," Flicking an ear in amusement, she smiled welcomingly, "Would you like to be my partner? You look like you can swim." She supposed in a way it was a good thing having a partner. More people meant a higher chance of winning right?
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/18/2010 4:25 PM

Laminaria looked around, head swiveling. Teams? She had thought for sure this was the singles event! She wasn't used to working with people outside her own family. She worried she would either be completely imperious, or a total dormat. Neither option sounded inviting.

She swallowed heavily. "Ummm... Would... anyone... like to team up with me...? Anyone at all...?"

[2]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Indigo » 04/18/2010 5:03 PM

Geiper sighed heavily. He was really going to have to do this, wasn't he. Teams. Ugh. He looked around at the various competitors, trying to find someone he could stand to be around. Finally he noticed the female Paragon, who he thought looked sort of lost. Ah, well. No one was actively seeking him out at the moment, and probably wouldn't, so he might as well.

He stalked over to her as politely as possible--that is, trying not to show his distaste for team events--and said, "I could team up with you, I suppose. Although if you'd prefer someone else, that's fine too. Whatever floats your boat."

{2}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby amapup » 04/18/2010 5:12 PM

Pup nodded vigorously at Zeta, slapping it's tail on the ground again. This was going to be fun! She tuned her head and watched the othe contestants, in case one of them wanted to join too. The Kuni liked other people. She still wasn't sure exactly what they were competing for, but she'd find out soon enough. She twitched her ear fins excitedly.

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1001
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 04/18/2010 6:30 PM

Dimas liked Ravi's accent. He was glad he wasn't alone in the whole "accent" thing. It got really annoying and frustrating when he could barely understand it sometimes. "I do not have anyone on my team yet, Señorita. Would you like to be my partner, I am sure we would do well," Ravi was quiet and easy to get along with, if not a bit shy. He could be patient with her. There were Paragon and Hollowhearts there as well, wings would certainly give them an advantage and they would be touch to keep up with. he and Ravi would have to be fast if they wanted to get the eggs before them.

[2]

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/18/2010 6:50 PM

Sogekihei
{11 Posts; Level 3}

Hrm.... The brute sighed to himself, realizing he would have to have a team-mate. Sogekihei had no friends, and was not a team player. But it appeared that if he wanted to participate, which he barely wanted to, he would have to find some partner. Sogekihei saw another Paragon amongst the group, but it appeared that some other brute was near her, most likely asking to be team mates. He snorted, preferring the chance to work with his own to someone else. He scanned the crowd, looking for someone who hadn't been bound to a partnership, and perhaps someone who would not get in his way.

[[Soge still needs a partner.]]

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/18/2010 7:06 PM

Laminaria looked up. "G'nuh? Huh? Oh... Uh, sure, I guess. Let's be partners. You're hear. Yeah. This'll work."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/18/2010 8:24 PM

Yumiko looked over at a large green Paragon. He seems friendly enough, she thought happily, padding up to him. He appeared much larger up close, and her voice seemed to crack when she tried to greet him. "Hello there," she said, waving her tails slowly. "My name's Yumiko. What's yours?" she asked, trying to make conversation. "You and I seem to be the only ones without partners. Would you care to team up?"

(2)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/18/2010 8:33 PM

Sogekihei
{12 Posts; Level 3}

"Hello there..." The Paragon brute heard a small voice below him, and he craned his head over his shoulder to see from whom it had come from. It was a dark fae Lucain, and she seemed interested in teaming up. "My name's Yumiko. What's yours?" The large camouflaged colored brute remained silent for a moment, thinking on her name and how to introduce himself. "You and I seem to be the only ones without partners. Would you care to team up?" With a nod of his head, the brute answered in his deep, rumbling voice, "They call me Sogekihei. And it seems we will need to team up. Most everyone else is set, it appears. And now, I assume, we are set as well."

A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 04/18/2010 10:33 PM

(( If the teams are wrong you have a total of 24 hours to correct me or make changes. <3 ))

Well it seemed that all the teams were made up and this event was ready to get moving.

Chorey’s brother (up until this point without a name, let’s cal him Auro) called attention to the crowd.
“If everyone could line up, near their team mate, or mates and get ready to begin?”
“We’re gonna’ start soon!” Chorey yelled, practically shaking with excitement. Oh boy this was so exciting!

(( Egg descs. are up and stuff, so yah... You gotta' make your goal egg. Teams can devide a little. Like Team A of Bob abd Cindy, Cindy can go for like... 61 while Bob goes for egg #-5. 8B You dun need to stick together if you don't want. Or you can swee through, area to area and go like that. Whatever you think would be best strategically or just the most fun. ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

PreviousNext