Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Bloodthirst. What a wonderful thing.... ((Closed))

Postby Yomegami » 10/24/2008 10:13 PM

At last. At long last. His already-formidable strength had been boosted even more. Now, it was time to test it out. And, knowing Forza Del Male, it was only natural for him to test this strength out on some innocent creature walking past on the shore.

In other words - it was training time. And he knew the exact spot to do it at.

As the werebetta's 25-foot form cut effortlessly through the water, he wondered at his choice to boost up his power at the Dead Coast. Probably, the decision came from his already-having-visited Jawan, and the slynx he had almost made dinner out of there. Finding such fodder insufficient, he figured that there'd be tougher creatures at the Dead Coast. Ones that could actually put up a fight.

And he loved a good fight. Heck, he had heard tell that he existed for only one purpose - to hunt down and kill others, to fight to his very last breath. Not that he minded that purpose.

Ah, now he was here. He took a sharp turn right to avoid beaching himself on the sand - and also to avoid getting himself noticed by any potential prey. Sadly, at the moment no one was passing by. Not even a Palmie.

He snorted. If he played his cards right, that'd change soon enough....

((If anyone wants to join this at all, I'd prefer only 1, active person who role-plays decently.))
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4526
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 10/25/2008 1:16 PM

Or perhaps not. 5 minutes later, and still no beachcombers.

Okay, maybe he was a little impatient. One can't honestly expect someone to show up within several minutes of arrival - that was nonsense. Still, when you've got a thirst for fighting, it tends to make you want to do so more.

Forza decided to move in a little closer. One flick of the tail, and he set himself on a little cruise towards the shoreline. Along the way. he snapped at some of the smaller fish passing by for his own amusement.

Still nobody. It would seem that his action was rather fruitless. But whatever - it was now more likely, on the off-chance that someone did show, that he'd get his jaws clamped down on them.

But for now, he merely continued on his slow trek, watching and waiting.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 10/26/2008 10:48 AM

Another five minutes, and still no one. Not that Forza cared by this point - he had lost interest in hunting for now, due to the lack of available prey.

However, he had heard tell of the cities of the Dead Coast. Perhaps he'd have more luck around them....

Not caring about risking notice (who was there to notice, anyway?) the werebetta poked his head above the water, taking note of his surroundings. It was now that he spotted something lying on the sand some ways down.

Prey, perhaps?

No, this didn't look like it was something living (and therefore worth his time). Nevertheless, Forza propelled himself in its direction to see what it was, mostly out of shear boredom.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/26/2008 7:04 PM

ooc-- May I join? My little desert boy here needs training. He's mute, too, hope you don't mind?

Wilt'no native Kunte Kinte trotted by the beach,  feet flying over the sand like he was born in it. He had never been this close to water before, and so much water! The temple-eyed fenling stopped periodically to stare out at the grand ocean in awe. He didn't understand almost anything about water, being born and raised in the mighty desert. He didn't understand the waves, why it would rush in quickly and then back, perpetually hesitant. He didn't understand the depths of the ocean, it looked only a few feet deep to his eyes, shallow enough to wade. He didn't know the vastness of another world before him.

He was, in short, an easy target for underwater predators. Kinte moved quickly along the seaside, sniffing the salty sand. He seemed to be looking for something, but in vain. He paused in his ferverent searches to rest so close to the water, his back toward the ocean's face.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 10/27/2008 8:46 AM

Well, maybe he wasn't alone here after all. As Forza again surfaced to judge the distance between himself and the object at this point, a whiff of something else entered his nostrils. And this smelled alive.

He gazed around, trying to see if this creature was somewhere nearby - and just his luck. Although it was some ways off and he apparently had already passed it, he could see a distant animal sniffing around. It appeared to be a Cursed pet, but of what kind he couldn't see. Not that he cared - he finally had something to attack.

His version of a smirk crossed his face (although his expression looked more like an angry snarl than a smirk), and now that he risked getting noticed, he sank and propelled himself in his target's direction, making sure not to make any sudden moves until he was within striking distance.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/27/2008 8:56 PM

Kinte panted and gazed around the beach. Empty bottles and cans littered the sand closest to the city, making the beach itself look unclean. Apparently the people in this city don't want to be close to the water, Kinte thought to himself. I wonder why. He yawned and moved up to the water's edge. He pulled back in suprise, the water was salty! Undrinkable. He sniffed the cool edge and peered down below. A small crab buried itself in an underwater cloud of dust. Kinte watched, fascinated.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 10/28/2008 12:30 PM

The werebetta payed no attention to the litter, or the fact that its presence might indicate a city nearby. He was too focused on stalking his current target to wonder if anything more worth his time was nearby.

Now, he was close enough to see that the creature he was stalking was a Fenling of the cursed kind. Not exactly the best sort of prey, but prey nonetheless.

Not to mention an easy target as well - this fenling was staying as close to the water as possible without getting wet. And when there was a werebetta stalking about - his size or not - that was a very stupid place to be. As Forza was within striking distance now, the fenling's mistake would make it all the too easy for him to get a grip on him.

Forza put on a burst of speed, ready to ride the waves ashore in his typical ambush. Unlikely though it was that he would miss, he still didn't want to take the chance.

A few moments later, the waves to the left of the mammal erupted, and from them emerged the werebetta's great head, jaws agape in an apparent attempt to swallow the fenling whole.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/28/2008 11:53 PM

Kinte jumped at the sound of the roaring waves. He didn't see the werebetta, but fast-moving water above eye's level is not a settling thing to see. Kinte yelped without any sound and bolted from the shoreline as fast as his nimble feet could run. He stopped far from the water, panting and shaken. A few moments passed, and he returned to the place he'd been attacked, curious again.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 10/29/2008 12:49 PM

Drat, he'd missed.

Forza, for the few moments his head was lying on the sand, glared angrily at the fleeing fenling. At the same time, he hoped he wasn't beached to add more insult to already existing insult.

Thankfully, that wasn't to happen. The water he had raised was enough to carry the werebetta back out to sea, where he merely stayed still until the water was deep enough for him to swim normally.

Turning back around, he saw - much to his surprise - the fenling back at the very same spot, with a curious look to him.

He laughed. He laughed, and he laughed hard. Forza could not believe how stupid this creature was. If he was in that fenling's position, he surely wouldn't want to go back to the same spot.

It wasn't too long before he had recovered from his laughing fit, but as he planned his next attack, it could be seen that he still had quite the grin on his face.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/29/2008 6:31 PM

Kinte sniffed at the water. Why had it roared? Why had it risen so? He gazed intently at the sand below the surface and discovered he was very wrong about the ocean being shallow. It got very deep. He padded the cold water with a paw and pulled it back, and peered into the tide intently. He thought he saw something that moved far out in the surf, but he wasn't sure.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 10/31/2008 12:39 PM

A few moments later, and the fenling still hadn't come to the conclusion that he might be risking his life. Seeing this, it took a lot of willpower not to start flailing about in hysterics. This was a TV dinner if Forza had ever heard of one.

So, time to make another attack. However, if he failed this time, the fenling would probably get the picture that staying nearby the water was very, very dangerous. So it probably wasn't smart to perform another attack that sent water flying everywhere. No, this needed a slip-out, slip-in approach.

Although his approach was fast, as he got close to the fenling he slowed himself. As such, when his head emerged from the sea again, there was only a slight ripple in the water rather than a loud, noisy splash. However, seeing as Forza attacked from the front this time, the fenling would probably notice the werebetta's massive jaws coming towards him, ready to snap him up. Of course, if he didn't see Forza's head, the reek of his breath would inform him otherwise....

Forza, however, was not one for tactical planning. His mode of attack was hit-and-run, and he wasn't going to abandon that mode here.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/01/2008 12:01 PM

Kinte flinched backwards in suprise. A werebetta had appeared out of seemingly nowhere. Kinte knew at a glance that the werebetta was far too close to him to be dodged now. He wasn't strong enough to fight him and he wasn't sturdy enough to withstand a blow. However. . . Kinte jumped as high as he possibly could toward the betta's jaws. He aimed his leap slightly to the side, to dodge the teeth and land, hopefully, somewhere on the great werebetta's back. He missed and landed in the water with a loud splash.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/02/2008 7:01 PM

ooc-- sorry, but I need to pull him for a different rp. this person's been bugging me about it for a week now and they won't take no. :cry:  

He didn't know how to swim. Kinte miraculously slipped beneath the frenzy of fins and waves into the depths below. He went into shock from the cold water and sank listlessly. His four tails were somehow still clamped tightly around the four orbs. Kinte opened his eyes, the water was so spacious. . . it would've been fascinating if he wasn't drowning. The water by him swirled into a myraid with the face of his master. Kinte stirred a little, and she teleported them both away. . .
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 11/10/2008 1:45 PM

He missed again, although this time the fenling leapt out of the way. Forza made no attempt to chase after the fenling as it misaimed its leap to, apparently, jump onto his back, only to miss and land in the water. The werebetta waited to see if he surfaced again.

When five minutes had passed, it still hadn't surfaced. Forza, having no interest in dead animals, assumed it drowned. What a stupid, stupid creature. Thought that the best way to avoid an aquatic predator was to dive into the water, and it only wound up killing itself.

With one thrash of his body, he managed to throw himself back into the shallower water by the shore, and the waves carried him out to the deeper, more comfortable water out to sea.

Snorting, and ignoring his failed attack, he swam on. Before that distraction, he had an object to inspect. And who was he to leave a job undone?

((Now that Feint's left, another person is free to join if they want.))
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 11/17/2008 9:44 AM

The werebetta wasn't one with an interest in the past, but what he had found was just too interesting to not stop and take a look at.

The object, he saw, was a boat, a boat of the sort that sailors used to abandon ship when things went wrong. It had apparently been sitting here for a long while, as the wood that formed it was rotting. Even if one could get it out to sea, it wouldn't have lasted too long.

However, even more interesting to Forza was the fact that something appeared to have chewed it up. It had a big, gaping hole in the hull close to the front. Although he couldn't have slid ashore to have tested it directly, this hole looked like it could have been made by werebetta's jaws.

Of course, the werebetta that ruined it was average-sized. Still, it pleased Forza to see his own kind's work. Some sort of pride for his own species, he figured.

He took a quick look around to see if anyone else was nearby. However, the only things he saw were seagulls, wisely keeping their distance, and the sounds they made were the only sounds he heard besides the waves and his own breathing.

Once again, he snorted. The boat was enough to keep his attention for a few moments, but to find old artifacts wasn't what he was here for. Where was a punching bag when you needed one?
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate