Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

A Break from the Alliance [Open Advent RP]

Postby SpringsSong » 12/15/2017 10:48 AM

Just... imagine two pet forms here XD  Continued from this post of mine in the Advent Calendar.

"To be fair, my love, that wasn't a 'break' from Alliance duties, considering you were there to see Empress Acina on behalf of the Alliance," Lana gently pointed out as she and Xyshari approached a table full of sweets, along with a bowl of punch.

"All the same, I wouldn't shed any tears if Saresh were to 'accidentally' cross some Mandos without her GenoHaradan nearby--or anyone else who wanted her out of the picture," Xyshari muttered.  "It was bad enough when you told me that she was still essentially in power after five years in carbonite, but... for her to try and have a Jedi assassinated..."

"She lost more than a few loyal supporters that day, when they heard that she'd tried to kill the 'Hero of Tython'," Lana said, pouring them both glasses of punch.  "I don't believe you've ever told me that story, although Teeseven has given me a brief rendition of it when we were searching for you."

"Whatever he told you... it's likely true," Xyshari said with a laugh--an honest one, this time; not a practiced, almost forced one.  "We'd gone to Coruscant to investigate the source of a dark presence that the Council felt and discovered that a 'Republic scientist' by the name of Tarnis was actually a Sith Lord.  You can about imagine how the encounter ended."

(Feel free to join in!  Lana and Xyshari know-but-don't at the same time that they're not in the Star Wars universe--multiverse, go!)
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: A Break from the Alliance [Open Advent RP]

Postby RiDragon » 12/15/2017 10:38 PM

The Professor could smell the presence of inter-dimensional travelers from miles away.  It was...  A bit cinnamon-ee actually.  Was..  Cinnamon-ee a word?  Probably.  In some dimension.  Cinnamon scent usually meant whoever he was sniffing was a space traveler.  He probably could get some more info on them by giving them a nice big sniff, but he was pretty sure the current reality he was in frowned on those kinds of things.  How sad, sniffing people as a greeting always told you so much about them.

...  Anyways.  He should probably go greet them.  It's been a while since he's met another..  "Traveler."  He wondered if they too suffered from the crippling reality that they could never return to their birthplace or truly bond with any lifeforms because of the impending mortality of all those who don't travel between dimensions.

Oooh!  Or maybe they could share inter-dimensional recipes!  He knew how to make a killer B-Reality pie.  Literally.  Killer.  If you possessed a nervous system and ate one you would die.  Almost instantaneously!  Heard it was worth it though.

He hopped up from his seat, suddenly aware of the shift in reality his decision made.  It always made him pause a second, no matter how many times it happened.  It felt like his brain was blinking.  Just for a second.

"Salutations travelers!"  He heard himself saying before he even fully recovered from the quantum slip.  "I see I am not the only one to come far to be here!"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/15/2017 10:59 PM

"With an angry Darth and several Sith coming after you?" Lana asked, sipping some of the punch.  She made a slight face at the taste.  "Ugh, I'm not even sure what this is meant to be, but..."

"I believe the term I heard used for it was 'punch'," Xyshari said.  "I've heard that it can sometimes be alcoholic, but other times, not--I'm not sure what this kind is meant to be.  Perhaps we could get some cocoa next..."

Jedi and Sith both stopped as a man approached them, referring to them as 'travelers' and stating that he could see that he was not the only one to have traveled as far as he had to be there.  They considered the meaning of this for a moment, and then, Xyshari smiled as she offered a bow, her hands folded.

"Greetings," she said.  "I am Xyshari Kryslania, and this is--"

"Lana Beniko," the orange-eyed woman spoke up, also offering a bow.  "I'm not sure how far you've traveled to be here--or how far we've traveled to be here--but my love and I needed a break from our obligations back home, and this was a perfect excuse to slip away," she said, taking a step closer to Xyshari, indicating that she was referring to the Cathar when she said "my love".

Home.  The word had a much more permanent feel than Xyshari had ever considered possible when she'd taken her oaths as a Jedi.

(* Cathar - cat-alien, basically XD Think an athro-form Kuhna, but without wings or tails)

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/16/2017 12:55 AM

Winter couldn't help but freeze for a second.  Did they not know that this wasn't their native reality?  No..  That couldn't be possible.

Could it?

He decided he wouldn't put too much emphasis on the idea.  If they were truly dimensional travelers, that was fine, but if they weren't..  Well.  Winter really didn't want to shatter another person's perception of reality this week.  Even if by accident.  But how could one not know how far they've traveled?  The need to know dug and itched in his mind, but he chose to push it away.

He took a few seconds to choose his words.  "Much obliged, I'm Professor Xavier Winter, I'm taking a break from home myself, actually.  Research can really get tiresome after a while when you're in my field of work."  A small lie, but not a complete one.  Winter wasn't very good at lying.  Avoiding the truth?  Yes.  Lying?  No.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/16/2017 1:28 AM

Xyshari couldn't help but chuckle and nod at the mention of research.  Unfortunately, the first image that came to her mind when she thought of research when it related to the Alliance was Doctor Oggurobb, the Hutt she'd worked with first on Makeb, to try and evacuate as many people as they could before the planet's core destabilized.  But, this was no time for such talk.

"Well, I know we likely won't be missed--at least, for a while," Xyshari said.  "I know it... probably works different here, but where we came from, this holiday--we call it Life Day there--spans for two whole weeks, and it's only just begun," she said.  Here, she turned to Lana.  "Just how did you manage to get us away for the whole two weeks, Lana?"

"I told Theron and the other advisors that we were taking a tour through Republic and Imperial space.  I... may have found something else on the map that was a little more promising.  Though, if Theron asks when he receives reports that we were never there... HK-55's map data was corrupted and it led us here," Lana said, and Xyshari nodded.

"So, what do you study, Professor?" Xyshari asked.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/17/2017 12:43 AM

Winter's smile faltered a little, but only for a second.  He hoped that the two wouldn't notice.  He felt like he was being suspicious.  Was he being suspicious?  He hoped not.  Maybe he should ask?  No.  That'd just make it all worse.  Crap.  Crap crap crap crap.  How does one accidentally end up in another reality without realizing?  Winter has definitely met a few poor souls who have accidentally reality hopped, but never one who had no idea they were in a completely different place.  He supposed these two were used to traveling to other planets, and simply thought this planet was uncharted territory..

He snapped back to reality.  They had asked him a question.  Crap.

"Ah..  I'm a biologist of sorts.  My passion is to study lives from places not of my home and catalog them and their behaviors.  Quite interesting work, I may add, though a bit tedious at times.  You wouldn't believe how similar many species are, only set apart in the most mundane ways."  That wasn't a lie either.  Though it was a bit of a stretch.  Yes, he studied life from outside of his "home," but it was way further from his original home than these two could imagine.  The part about it getting boring was a lie though.  Even the smallest difference was vastly interesting to him.  But...  He might end up sounding odd if he said that.  Well.  Odder than he already felt he was coming across.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/17/2017 1:33 AM

Both Lana and Xyshari felt something from the professor, and they glanced to each other for a few moments.  Would it be inappropriate to say that they could sense something... peculiar about him?  Nevertheless, after a moment, Xyshari gave an imperceptible shake of her head to Lana, who moved to adjust her scarf slightly--something that she almost never did.  Xyshari couldn't help but shake her head as she offered a lopsided smile; Lana was still wearing her usual ensemble that she wore: a black on black tunic, with two large bands of fabric resting over her shoulders and being held in place by a leatharis belt, metallic accents (shoulder guards, an entire glove, knee pads and leg guards), and black-and-brown boots.

Xyshari, on the other hand, wore an elaborate white and grey-green robe with gold trim, and that gold trim had red crystals set in them.  The robe appeared to have a hood, but--for all its extravagance--she seemed quite comfortable in it.

"I think, if you were in our corner of the galaxy, that Doctor Oggurobb might have loved to meet you," Xyshari said.  "He's a scientist himself--of what, I can't... quite recall--but he absolutely adores having other brilliant minds to debate with.  I... hope that's not too untoward to say, having just met you," she said.  "Most of my work these days involves traveling from planet to planet in a galaxy torn by war, along with Lana--most of the time."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/17/2017 1:59 AM

"Oh?  I will keep him in mind."  Winter tried to pretend he didn't notice the look that they gave each other.  "I travel to a lot of..  Planets..  Myself, actually."

Dammit, I hesitated, I didn't mean to hesitate.  It's not a lie that I visit other planets though, right?  You're not lying.  Just stretching the truth.  Remember that.

"Ah, I've been to a few places that have been affected by war, though I mostly stay out of it and keep to myself while working on research.  Though it's hard to see so much of it, yes ?"  He sighed a little, thinking of all the places he's seen affected.  All the places he could of helped, but chose not to so to not upset the balance of the universe.  All the places he destroyed by trying to help.

Luckily, it seemed like someone else was coming nearby them.  Perhaps it would break up the conversation a bit.  Gods.  Winter felt so awkward.  He was so bad with other universe travelers.  He needed a drink.  Or two.  Or four.

Man, being immortal really built up an alcohol tolerance.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/17/2017 2:26 AM

They both noticed his hesitation, but another slight shake of her head and a, No--whatever he is, he isn't dangerous, from Xyshari to Lana through the Force, shifted the focus from his hesitation to the fact that he, too, had been to areas affected by war.

"It is... interesting, the different forms war can take on," Lana said.  "I happened to see some fliers on the way here that... almost appear to be propaganda of some sort?  Something about some sort of a war between 'Imperials' and 'Purines'.  Unfortunately, the war we're caught in has been an uphill battle since the day it began."

"Lana and I tend to be a little more involved in the front lines of the fighting," Xyshari said.  "We're both proficient in melee combat, and... well, after five years of accepting the rule of a tyrant--"

"--if you can call small, underground rebellions 'accepting the rule of a tyrant'," Lana interjected as she, too, noticed someone with a tray of drinks passing by.

"--seeing someone who they had recognized as a hero before all of this happen out there fighting on the front lines can be rather inspiring, I suppose."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/18/2017 3:25 AM

The Professor nodded solemnly.  "It seems every universe has some sort of war or another going on.  Much too common I'm afraid.  Sometimes I wonder if it's just a part of being a sentient species."  He hoped they wouldn't notice the use of "universe" rather than "galaxy."  And if they did..  Well, hopefully they just thought he meant galaxy.  They seemed to be an advanced civilization, but not that advanced.

"I'm not much of a fighter myself.  I mostly offer..  Moral support.  I suppose.  I have a bit of medical knowledge, but not enough to useful on the field unless they had no one else."  Another white lie.  Dammit.  He really didn't like these.  He was quite proficient on the battlefield, it's just that he..  Preferred not to.  The tricks he knew to warp reality didn't feel fair.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/18/2017 12:38 PM

If they noticed his use of "universe" over "galaxy", they did their best to ignore it.  They knew that their corner of the galaxy couldn't be the only one out there--and, for all they knew, he'd intended to use "universe" in place of "galaxy".

I suppose this is what we get when I take us a little farther beyond the Unknown Regions, Lana thought sympathetically to Xyshari.

"Medical knowledge, hm?" Xyshari said, tilting her head slightly.  "I had a... good friend, once, who was one of the best medics I've ever known.  A bit full of himself at times, and absolutely insufferable at times, but..."

Her voice trailed off.  Lana knew exactly why; Doc was not an easy person for Xyshari to just forget.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 12/20/2017 11:54 PM

"Oh?"  The Professor seemed interested now, but tried to remind himself to be calm so as not to..  Say suspicious things.  He tended to be suspicious when he was happy.  No, not suspicious.  He just..  Kind of started saying a lot of stuff that didn't make sense.  That tended to freak people out.  Winter freaked people out a lot.  He only meant to sometimes.

"Well, Honestly I don't know much.  I can adjust dislocated limbs, set bones, sew up gashes, just basic stuff.  My knowledge of the biology of different species has come in handy when the only medics nearby don't know much outside their own race, though.  You'd be surprised how often that happens."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate