Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

Directions (Open, please join in!)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/28/2008 11:45 PM

[center]Image

A young woman stood at the edge of the platform, blue eyes scanning the surrounding area. It seemed vaguely quiet; not always a good sign in these strange and dangerous times. One slim, pale hand was latched onto the sack thrown haphazardly across her shoulder. She was adorned in simple looking clothing. Her shirt was nothing more than a zip up, sleeveless top.

The top of the tank top was black, with interwoven, criss-crossing light brown lines and a silver zipper down the middle that stopped just above her first rip. The bottom was a dark tan. The two sides of the shirt were longer than the front and back, and buttoned onto a  hip skirt, that fell down to touch the back of her knees, but was completely vacant in the front. Her belly and lower back were visible in the gaps.

The light brown, the same light brown mentioned on all her attire, hip skirt, or more of a sash, was held together with a shiny silver buckle, and white silk straps were weaved into the sides, beneath the buttons attaching the skirt to the shirt. Beneath the hip skirt, lay another skirt, far more practical than the first. It was a dark, maroon color, with a light brown line (The same as the lines on her short) around the hem of the skirt.

Beneath this, lay a pair of black shorts, with a light brown stripe near the top, and one near the bottom, and large circles of the same light brown in between. They went to mid-thigh, and at each hem, lay a small pouch, filled with medicine, and tiny weapons.  Her boots were black, and open toed, looking more like sandals than boots.

They stopped just below mid-calf, and zipped up the side, adorned with a silver zipper. Her hair, which was cropped short in the back, but left long in the front, brushed her shoulders in gentle wisps. The tips were black; the rest, a light, coppery red. A small dagger rested at her hip, a short sword at the other, and a small gun resting at the small of her back. On her hands, were sturdy, maroon gloves, with interwoven strips of thin, light brown cloth running through her fingers and around her palms.

Her free hand held the reins of her mount, gripping the soft leather with sturdy, calloused  fingers. Beside her, stood the creature that seemed ever at her side. A striking creature, it's massive, clear orbs blinked dolefully out at it's trainer, watching and waiting for the sure and steady commands of the tiny girl in front of it.

This was a creature bred for war.

It stood tall, the woman's head barely reaching it's withers. One would not think she might be able to tame such a beast, for it could easily overthrow her, and gain back it's freedom. But it stayed steadily at her side, it's large eyes ready and waiting. Warmonger, she was called. Her long, forest green mane and tail were smooth as silk, and brushed out until they seemed to shine.

Her olivine coat was glossy, the darker patters etched across it's short fur seeming to glow with cleanliness. A simple leather saddle adorned her broad back, adjusted for the girl's height. On the saddle, a rolled up blanket, two small skins of water, a bag of food, including bread, an apple and some cheese, a small sack of grain, a bag of indecipherable meat and a small gun were secured tightly, away from thieving hands.  The girl's hand brushed the muzzle of her mount, and she smiled smoothly, her movements fluid and graceful.

Behind the creature of olive and emerald, stood a more translucent image, that of an ebony equine. It's eyes glowed a soft crimson red. Not entirely trusting of the girl, but not willing to let her go, the huge beast followed the group like a puppy, though far from being such a nonsensical creature. It snorted, it's wild eyes rolling, and shook it's head, ebony mane bouncing against it's ghost-like neck.

It was her shadow, her very own living shadow. She did not dare try to ride it yet, but perhaps, one day, she would. If she gained it's favor, that is. She called him Nyte, and he accepted this name without dispute. A soft yip near her calf alerted her to the ever watchful presence of Servahn, the poor, yet wonderful, misshapen Albie. His long tail wagged slowly, and he glanced up at his trainer with clear ivory eyes. The strange appendages on his back seemed to waver, and tense, before shuddering and quivering gently, though there was no wind that she knew of to move them so.  

Above her, the rustle of wings alerted her to the fourth presence that accompanied her on her wanderings. A large, feathered creature soared above them, calling out a soft greeting, as it dipped low, ruffling the occupants of the bridge with the wind created by it's giant wings. It's dark feathers, interwoven by patterns of transluscent blue, fell flat aginst it's body. It's large, entrancing eyes gazed down at the three beings with an amused expression, seeing the girl's expression darken a bit at nearly being blown over by her friend's flippant soaring.

It let out a very charming shriek, it's voice wavering, and warbling, before it rustled it's feathers, soaring a bit higher so as not to disturb them again. "I truly hate it when you do that, you know, dear Dragon,"the young girl warbles, brushing her hair out of her face. "Must you always insist on stirring everyone up? Honestly."Huffing, she turns, ignoring the obvious humor in the great avian's eyes.

Ah, but it is so very fun to ruffle your feathers, pardon the pun. You should learn to loosen up, at least every once in a while.

The bird's thought drift down to the girl, and she placed her hands on the saddle horn, hauling herself up into her seat.  Her mount skittered to the side a bit, adjusting to the slight weight of its rider. It tossed it's head, and she grabbed the reins, leaning down to pat the great beast's neck. "I don't know why I insisted on bringing along that great fluff of a feather wearer,"she crooned to the olivine creature, who snorted in amusement.

Perhaps you did not wish to grow bored. He is very amusing...If one understands his...rather cynical sense of humor.

The crimson creature near her mount's hooves began padding forward at a steady pace. "You brought him along because, if he had stayed back at the cabin, he would have driven everyone insane. You know how...Annoying he can get when he is bored." The wolf-like creature snorted, casting a wary glance up at the sky. "Maybe you should try walking for a while, bird-brain. Give some of us on the ground a piece of mind!"There was a whoosh of air, and a rustle of feathers, and the giant avian flew past them once more, clucking his beak in disapproval.

And demean myself by becoming an earth-walker, like all of you? I daresay, how utterly foolish. I have an idea. How about you come up here? The view is quite splendid. Care to go for a fly? Oh dear me, wait! Those stubby things on your back will never lift you into the air! Sorry, I must've mistook you for a bird for a second there. But I fear you are no more than a misshapen canine. Honest mistake, truly.

"Why you foul feather wearer!"The rest of Servahn's words dissolved into a fit of barks and yips, and he seemed to be chewing out (no pun intended) the creature of the sky. A grumble soon followed from both sides, and as they proceeded at a steady pace forward, they fell into a relatively smooth silence. Until it was broken by a voice that was not often heard in the small group.

"I wonder, that I do, why I ever decided to follow the four of you. You are quite odd, that you are. Such noisy and boisterous creatures. How do you keep from going mad, might I inquire?" The girl turned to look over her shoulder, seeing open honesty and curiosity in the gaze of the Nyghtmare. He looked truly perplexed, and his question was absolutely genuine.

"Well,"she began, putting a finger to her chin. "I suppose you could call it a kind of...Love. Devotion to one another. Dragon and I have been friends for ages, and Servahn has been with me since I don't know when. The years have just flown by."She smiled fondly at the Albie, who returned the smile, his eyes glowing with memories. "And Warmonger here," she patted the green beast's long neck gently, eyes warm. "She's just as much a part of the family as anyone."She glanced at the Nyghtmare, who looked perplexed and thoughtful. "Understand?"

The Nyghtmare seemed to chew on her words for a brief moment, before dipping his head and lowering his ears in embarrassment. "I am afraid I do not,"he confessed, looking quite abashed. "Love, devotion, family. These things do not mean anything to me. I have seen them only in the dreams of others, but I do not understand what they represent. I am afraid I am even more confused than I was before."He turned away, red eyes glowing in slight shame. He really wanted to understand. The girl only smiled, and tilted her head, resting one pale hand on her thigh, while the other held the reigns in a stead-fast grip.

"Let me try to explain it another way," she crooned, coaxing the Nyghtmare to look at her once more. "We are comrades. We are a herd. We protect one another, and care for one another. We are like soldiers, fighting on the same side, sharing the same battlefield. We watch each other's backs. It's very simple really. We are fond of one another, like mothers of their children. Do you understand now?"The Nyghtmare let his gaze rest on the girl, his red eyes steadily assessing her, reading her. After a few moments, the girl only smiled, her eyes never wavering from his own.

The Nyghtmare nodded, content with the answer, and continued to follow along in silence. After a few moments of quiet traveling, the woman pulled back on the reigns, bringing Warmonger to an abrupt stop. Her eyes scanned this way and that, across the different bridges that lead different ways. She sighed heavily, her hair falling over her face as her shoulders drooped. "I have been cursed with a lousy sense of direction. Which way now?"

You could go left, an amused voice called from above.

"How about right?" Servahn supplied helpfully, sniffing in the indicated direction.

Maybe we should double back, and find another route, Warmonger suggested, looking confused.

"Why not go straight?"the Nyghtmare crooned, coming over to stand beside the girl and her mount.

Oh perfect, she thought, slapping her face with her hand. Out of all the creatures in Evelon, I get stuck with the ones who can't agree on anything. What am I going to do?

(Open. Please fell free to join in! ^_^)
[/center]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/29/2008 8:32 PM

(Whee! An experience roleplayer XD)
Genan 1.1

Ah, Lambastia's Bridge. So many places, so many decisions.

The organic Kuchi Nagi was staring at the darkening sky, at the setting sun. He had taken on his anthro form, preferring it over his natural one. It annoyed him constantly that he could not pronounce the human language with his natural form.

Hence the reason why he wandered in his anthro form.

You could call the Kuchi Nagi ordinary. Genan wore a loose T-shirt with the words emblazed on the white cotton: 'Make Peace, Not War.' He wore a baseball cap to hide his unruly golden hair and his emerald eyes peered at the world, half-sleepy, half-uninterested. He was scrawny. Not in a good way, though. His bones stood out on his pale skin, giving him a starved appearence. Despite being so skinny, he was stronger than he looked. A reptilline, green tail lazily swung, sticking out unnaturally out of his dark jeans.

Genan stood there, watching the sun set, feeling peace wash over him. It was so peaceful...

Voices. The Kuchi Nagi straightened, listening in. They seemed to be having some trouble deciding which way to go. Cautiously, Genan crept toward the scource, his tail flicking uneasily. Four figures came into view, all of them odd. A Nyghtmare, a Temple Garudor, a Cursed Albie, and a girl. How very strange.

"Good evening." Genan's voice was much too high. He constantly wished that it would deepen. "It seems like you're having some...trouble? Would you like me to assist you?"

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/29/2008 10:47 PM

(Yay! XD Someone posted. I thought I'd be posting all by myself here. ^_^)

It seemed that five sets of eyes swung towards the voice that had come out of nowhere. The girl looked perplexed, perhaps never having seen an anthro before. Tilting her head, the wisps of her brown hair brushed across her collarbone, and she shifted on her saddle to get a better look at him. The anthro was skinny, almost scrawny, one could say. His tail swayed behind him, startling and fascinating the girl. When Servahn or Dragon took on human forms, they seemed to retain none of their animalistic qualities, and almost blended in naturally with the human populace. The Nyghtmare looked perplexed, snorting it's displeasure at not understanding what this creature could be.

Inexperienced in the ways of the world, it was not familiar with the shape-changers. It believed that only it's two traveling companions were capable of such a magical trick. It stuck it's nose out towards this newcomer, giving a cautionary sniff, before deciding he posed no threat. Besides, something that tiny and odd looking couldn't possibly be edible...Nor taste very good. It rested one back hoof lightly on the ground, seeming content with the anthro's presence. The woman took this as a good sign, for neither Warmonger, nor Nyte seemed to show any open hostility towards this creature, and accepted it openly.

Not wanting to be rude, the young girl dismounted, landing on the ground with an ease that only years of practice could produce.  Smoothing her skirt, she offered the anthro a smile, nodding her head a bit in greeting. Servahn, however, did not seem so inclined to trust this creature. His teeth bared, he took a step forward. "Never met an anthro I could trust,"he grumbled, until a rush of wings signaled the descent of the Garudor. It landed gracefully, it's ebony and sapphire wings folded against its broad sides. It glanced down at the reptilian anthro, eyeing it with translucent bluish white eyes. It's feathers ruffled as it settled it's unnerving gaze on the Albie, who was bristling with irritation at the giant avian.

"Oh please, not you. Get lost, birdbrain. I've got this under control."He made a shooing motion with one paw, looking quite annoyed. "Shoo, off you go! Fly faaaaaaaar away, you annoying feather-wearer." The bird ruffled it's feathers indignantly, focusing it's attention on the Albie, and drawing itself up to full height. It was actually quite comical to behold, a giant Garudor and a tiny Albie fighting over the silliest of things.

"Bird brain?" it growled, looking thoroughly ticked off. "At least I do not have fleas. I must say, you fur-wearers are most unsanitary, rolling around in the mud all day. You are certainly one to talk!" It raised it's beak in the air in a haughty gesture, looking smug and quite sure of itself.

The Albie let out an indistinct bark, and shook a paw at the giant bird. "Yeah, you can talk, but when it comes down to it, your nothing more than a bunch of hot air and feathers!"

The bird was still looking away, but only puffed up more. "Says the tiny flea-infested, mud-roller," it shot back.

The Albie bristled, jumping up and down with rage. "Say that to my face, you gigantic idiot!"Servahn barked, getting riled up.

Dragon shook his tail, waggling his beak in the Albie's face. "Certainly. When you grow ten feet tall and sprout feathers! Then I might see you on equal terms."

Their fight dissolved into a series of squawks and yips, before the girl turned away, rubbing the back of her head, embarrassed to be seen with her companions. "Er..." She muttered, stepping forward, to stand in front of the Anthro. "Sorry...They're not usually like this."A particularly loud squawk erupted from behind her, and she turned to see the Albie had latched on to the Garudor's leg. The giant bird was trying valiantly to shake off the tiny canine creature, but to no avail. "Scratch that. Actually they are. I'm amazed we get anything done at all."

Her eyes crinkled when she smiled, and extended her hand  to the reptilian anthro as the Nyghtmare clopped over to stand beside the girl, sniffing interestedly at the strange boy. Warmonger seemed too intrigued and amused by the argument going on behind them to move from where she stood. "My name is Tabitha. This is my friend, Nyte,"she indicated the Nyghtmare, who dipped his head in greeting, quite startled at being referred to as a 'friend.' "Those two combatants over there are Escaflowne, or just Dragon...And Servahn. He's the one with the teeth. My Cavallion's name is Warmonger."She tilted her head in an inquisitive way.

"You...Said you could assist us? A  little help would be truly appreciated."She heaved a large sigh, and placed a hand on the nearly translucent Nyghtmare beside her, his black coat shining in the sun. "What's your name, by the way, sir?"

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/30/2008 1:45 AM

His name? Genan had always hated giving out his name, preferring to keep it a secret. They always thought it was weird or simple...the others...

"I have no name." Genan smoothly fibbed. "And since I couldn't help overhearing your conversation, I decided to...help out, might you say? Are you lost?"

That was highly unlikely. The Bridge had many signs scrawled with directions to all the different places. If someone had gotten lost here, then the Kuchi Nagi would be flying. "Or maybe," Genan hesitated. He didn't like to get too tangled in other's affairs. "You have some trouble deciding where to go?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/30/2008 8:45 PM

"No name?" the girl repeated, blinking in surprise. "Well, I have to call you something. Is there any name you are particularly fond of? I really don't want to refer to you as 'Hey you,' or 'That guy.' " She gave him a charming, lopsided smile, her blue eyes twinkling with amusement. At his question, she paused. The girl placed a finger against her chin, eyes careful and thoughtful. She wasn't lost, per say. She just had no idea which direction was best. She truly had no idea where she was going, or where she wanted to go. Nyte dipped his head, and allowed the woman to scratch behind his ears as the sound of the argument in the background continued to be a very entertaining source of amusement for her olivine Cavallion.

Tilting her head, the girl ignored the squabbling, letting her gaze drift back to the reptilian anthro. "Actually,"the voice to her left began, and Nyte fixated his crimson orbs upon the anthro. "We are not lost. We were just having a rather difficult time deciding which way would be best.  You see, we are actually on our way to meet up with a comrade of ours, but, to be honest, he was very vague in his directions. Something about a park."He twitched his ears, twisting his head to gaze at his companion. "He would not have been referring to Terrace Park, by any chance, would he?"

The girl shrugged, clearly not knowing the answer. "He said something about scenery...Park...Maybe it is Terrace Park."She twisted to look over her shoulder. "In that case, I guess that's where we must go. But..."She glanced around. "Either I'm missing it, or I do not see the sign."She turned back to the reptilian anthro, smiling slightly. "Care to, uh, be a bit of a tour guide? I can pay you a few keystones, if you like. To be honest, even if I found my way there, I'd probably get lost three or four times en route. I have a horrible sense of direction."She rubbed the back of her neck, clearly embarrassed, while Nyte only snorted beside her, his forelock flipping over one eye to hide his amusement.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/30/2008 9:12 PM

Genan shook his head. "No need to pay me." The Kuchi Nagi toyed briefly with the idea of misleading them but shook it off. His tail flicked at a buzzing fly. "As far as I know, the only well-known park around here is Terrace Park. Very nice place."

Very nice? Ha. All the picnickers who flocked there were darned annoying, including the Mr. Wilsons. "I'll be glad to help." Genan crisply said. "If you wish, I'll lead you there...who is this comrade of yours?"

(OOC: Gah, short post >//< Muse is being mean to me)

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/01/2008 12:51 AM

Tabitha exchanged a glance with Nyte, their eyes locking for a brief moment. They agreed that the anthro was indeed good enough to guide them, and that fact was only strengthened when he declined their offer of payment. She shrugged, eliciting a strange sort of equine shrug from her friend. The bickering behind them had stopped, and the three creatures seemed to focus their attention back on their guide. Dragon, who had listened with a content ear whilst arguing with the incredibly irritating Albie, nodding his beak towards his trainer, and opened his grand wings, soaring into the sky. This was followed by a rude comment from Servahn, before the canine like creature padded over to stare up at their new guide. He scrutinized him quietly, before snorting.

"We could've found it on our own," he muttered, turning away sulkily.

The Cavallion, Warmonger, had clopped over, letting her master pull the reins over her head to lead her along. She glanced at the lizard anthro. "All right. Thank you," Tabitha supplied, not bothering to notice that Servahn was waiting for the lizard boy to lead the way. She gestured to the saddle, and shrugged. "Would you like to ride? I don't want our guide to get tired, or anything." She smiled, showing that she did not mean offense, but was offering it genuinely. At the question of who their comrade was, she sighed.

"A Fellox," she supplied, looking a bit glum. "Rather quiet fellow. I met him a few years back. He doesn't like to talk to me much, let alone anyone else. I've taken him up on a little...Proposition." She glanced around, making sure no one was about. Even if this boy was a spy, there was no chance he'd slip past her, or her companions unharmed after she spilled a little of what she was planning on doing.  "He's suggested we try to collect those bounties, you know, the ones on those Imperials and Purines? Thinks he can take them all on his own."

She rolled her eyes, looking quite amused. "It's why I've got so many traveling companions. I've never met those Purines or Imperials, but I'm almost sure they'll put up one heck of a fight." She tapped her chin with her finger, ignoring the annoyed look she was getting from Servahn. "Guess that'd make me a bounty hunter, huh? Care to join me?" It was a simple question, an honest offer. She did not expect him to agree, or accept, but it could never hurt to have an ally or two.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/03/2008 5:17 PM

Genan 1.4

A bounty hunter?
Instinctivly, a shiver ran down his spine. Oh boy, that reminded him of the old days...when he was a bounty hunter too. That's the past though. Time to focus on the present. Genan regarded the girl and her companions oddly before answering. "Well...I suppose I can come. Bounties...you're searching for certain people among the Imperial and Purine ranks?" The Kuchi Nagi gave a slight chuckle. "They aren't that easy to get, girl. Almost no one dared to challenge them until they were put up for bounty." Genan shut his loud mouth, reminding himself not to put trust in these people. After all, when can you trust a bounty hunter?

"Well," The sun was beginning to sink out of sight, the shadows of the night beginning to take over. "Are you thinking of joining a side?" It was a careless question.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/03/2008 6:26 PM

The woman was a bit surprised that he agreed to come with them. She hadn't thought that he would want to be involved in something like that. She shrugged, before noticing that the both Albie and Garudor were regarding her closely. The two were staring at her oddly, the Albie with annoyance, and the Garudor with haughty amusement. "What?"she asked, returning their stares, a bit more fiercely than she might have intended. The giant bird plodded over, his massive bulk blocking out the sun as he bent over the girl, touching her hair with his beak.

Was this a wise decision, little tamer? You do not know him. If he turns out to be one of them, then we could all end up dead.

I know what I'm doing, she shot back, her eyes flashing.

Very well. Far be it from me to question you.

He offered the anthro a long, hard searching look, as though he was trying to find something that he could not truly see, before spreading his massive wings, and taking to the air with a great whoosh of wind, ruffling the startled occupants of the bridge. The Cavallion shot the bird a cross glare, and the girl knew that some very annoyed words were probably floating between them. Sighing, she turned back to the anthro, Servahn coming to stand beside her.

The Albie's annoyance seemed to roll off of him in waves, and he stuck very close to his master, even going so far as to come between her and the Nyghtmare that walked beside her. Nyte seemed to hiss, before falling back to walk behind the group, angry that his place beside the girl had been usurped. Tabitha rolled her eyes, and reached a hand down to ruffle the crimson fur of the dog-like creature that trotted faithfully at her side.

"I sure am,"she murmured, careful to keep her voice low. "And I am well aware of how tough they are. The bounty would not be so very high if they were easy pickings, now would it?" she mused, a light dancing in her eyes that was not there before. The shadows began to close in on the group, and her face was half-obscured by darkness. "But I'm pretty confident in my abilities, and the abilities of my companions. Although, we may be leaving one behind in the park...I don't think Warmonger is up for this."

She glanced at the olivine Cavallion, who did not lift her head, nor return the stare. She knew what they were speaking of. She wasn't a fighter, and she did not wish to become one anytime soon. So she volunteered to stay behind in Terrace Park, with Vahn as her caretaker. But that is a story for another time.

"A side?"the Albie who placed himself between the girl and the anthro chimed. That's a good question. Neither one seems very...Safe, to me. Imperials, Purines. You'll get killed no matter who you join. So, I guess the real question would be, 'what kind of death would you prefer?' Slow and painful, or quick and to the point?"He bared his teeth in a malicious smile, looking darkly amused.

This earned him a reproachful look from his master, that sent his ears to flattening. She turned back to the anthro. "Like he said, a good question. I really don't know. I mean, the bounties are on both Imperials and Purines. If I were to join a side, that would mean I would be unable to collect on the side I had joined. So for now, I suppose I am on the fence..." She tapped her chin, giving him a sideways look. "What about you?" she inquired. "You never did tell me what to call you, by the way...Which side would you join, or do you already have a side?"

(-Pokes- I read the history of your pets, the ones with Kody in them. They were absoloutely awesome!)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/03/2008 7:20 PM

OOC: Someone actually read what I wrote? XD Thank you.

Genan muttered something to himself before answering the question. "My mistress has joined the Imperials, so..." His voice trailed off a bit before regaining strength. "I suppose I am an Imperialist." The Kuchi Nagi lowered his eyes. "That doesn't mean I hate the Purines. Not at all." It doesn't matter anyway. That tiny voice in his head echoed. He shoved it out as he forced himself to look up again. "It makes sense to stay neutral." Genan aknowledged. "I suppose that's how it should be, anyway."

"And may I ask what you have been saying behind our backs?" The question was spoken in the Kuchi Nagi language and it slithered from the shadows.

Genan jumped instinctivly back, fists raised. A Kuhna, his strange eyes flaming with anger, stepped out of his hiding place, his hackles raised.

"I said nothing, Althaas." Genan snapped back.

"Liar." Althaas hissed. Genan noticed that he carefully used a different language that the others most likely didn't understand. "You've been backstabbing us, haven't you?"

"No." The Kuchi Nagi stepped back, his tail stiff.

With a roar, Althaas launched himself at Genan, a flurry of claws and fur. Genan was knocked to the ground, his mind barely registrating what was happening. Only instinct made him hold up his bony arms up to keep those claws off his face.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/03/2008 7:50 PM

The woman only nodded, agreeing whole-heartedly. Choosing sides was only a lot of nonsense. She didn't really care for their, but she supposed she should be on the side of the Purines. Truth be told, it was her homeland they were fighting for. But to be honest, she didn't care one way or another.

She opened her mouth to reply, when another voice caught her off guard. Her hand flew to the gun at her back, but before she could make a move, a Kuhna stepped out of the shadows, eyes burning with anger. The intensity of those eyes made her pause, and wonder how such a tiny creature could become so very caught up in a rage of it's own. She glanced at Genan, who had stepped back with his fists raised. The tow were snapping at one another, in a language she could not comprehend. The anthro continued to step back, looking stiff and...Was it afraid?

A roar distracted her, and she heaved a small throwing knife from her hip, holding it aloft. The Albie at her side would not stand so quietly, however, and with a roar of his own, launched himself at the Kunha, claws unsheathed and paws outstretched to try  and reach forward and knock the beast off of their new companion. "You little furball!" he snarled, still in mid-air. "Go and find another chew toy before I rip your head off!"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/03/2008 8:10 PM

Genan 2.1/Althaas 1.2

"Furball?!" Althaas hissed. "Call me furball, again, will you?" He leaped off Genan, his mismatched eyes full of hate. The symbol on his tail flashed, first a deep violet, now a angry, stormy blue.

"Stop!" Genan's hand shot out, grabbing Althaas by the tail. With enourmous effort, he tossed the yowling Kuhna against a pillar. "Damn." Genan quietly swore, stepping back. There was no certianty if it happened...

Much to his relief, Althaas stayed unconscience. Shaken, the Kuchi Nagi took a deep breath before turning to the others. "Sorry about that." It was a murmur, barely heard. "That's...my...brother..."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/03/2008 8:25 PM

"Your brother?!" Servahn growled, looking aghast. "Yeah, some brother. I think I'd abandon my family if I was related to him."His gaze strayed to the unconscious Kuhna, and he wondered why the symbol on his tail had flashed. It wasn't anything that was known to him, and it disturbed him greatly. He eyed Genan suspiciously, hackles raised and fur still bristling from his experience with the hot-headed Kuhna. He padded over, his teeth bared, and glared down at the prone form of the angry little creature, his eyes full of venom.

He snarled, tail lashing behind his lithe frame, before he padded back over to his master. "What was his problem, anyway?" he ground out. "He's lucky I didn't kill him when I had the chance."This elicited an eye roll form the girl, while Nyte only looked amused, not at all shocked or disturbed by the situation. He merely took it all in stride, seeming as calm and cool as he always was. Warmonger prance suspiciously in the background, and Dragon sent a reassuring though to the girl, asking if she was all right.

I'm fine, she replied, eyes locked onto Genan. Then, putting her knife reluctantly back in it's holster, she crossed her arms and raised a brow in his direction. [b]"Care to explain all that, my friend?"[/b]she chortled. A slight wind ruffled the occupants of the bridge as Dragon swooped in, eyeing the creature that now lay unconscious against a pole. He soared off, flapping his wings once, and was lost to the clouds.

I should just eat him, came the amused bird's thoughts.

The girl blanched, her face looking more confused and horrified than anything. No, I don't think that will be necessary...

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/03/2008 8:55 PM

Genan 2.2/Althaas 1.3

The Kuchi Nagi uneasily shifted. Dangit, why did the cat have to get out of the bag? "Do you see that symbol on his tail? It was...a curse..." Genan shifted his eyes to the sky, watching the celestial stars above slowly glimmer. "He was born with it...at least, that's what I think. Somebody planned it all. I'm certain of it. At times, it would make him extremely violent and paranoid..." That explained the attack. Now came the hard part. Genan swallowed and continued. "And, in the worst scenario, it would...something horrible happens." He did not have the heart to continue on. "But, he's a great brother," Genan weakly smiled. "He's really playful and everything..." That was going to be hard for them to accept. That horrible 'accident' sneaked into his mind, but he pushed it aside. It didn't happen. It didn't happen. The former bounty hunter glanced at Althaas. The Kuhna was slightly bruised, but other than that, he was perfectly fine. The look on his face was so peaceful, childish. It was hard to believe that he could be a hard-hearted killer...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 02/03/2008 9:04 PM

{Excuse me if I mess anything up. ^_^;}
{And i'm not stalking you Robo. o3o; Sorry if it seems like it.}

Quite away from the bridge, another Albie wondered around. An escape, she'd called it. From her home she was in. It was misrable there. Being a slave isn't what she calls paradise. No one else wanted to take the risk; it was her only. She had been chased, but now they were off her tail. However, Kairi was still on edge.. greatly. Her little paws carried her further and further away from her 'home' or as she called it; prison. And closer and closer to the bridge.
Her eyes were wide, and she had heard voices. A war was also going on.. she picked the worst time to run away. She didn't know what was making the voices; the arguments.
It could have been warriors of the war. It could have even been people after her. How would she know?
As she reached closer, she peaked her head from the nearest tree. She'd reconized none of the faces. They weren't after her. But she couldn't be 100% sure that they were... nice.
Her breath grew heavy. Darn it.. all she had to do was cross the bridge, and she was safe for the time being. She couldn't cross it with them there.. could she?
Her little body shifted, she was about to move..
No. She couldn't. She was too nervous, and paranoid. The Albie, if they were a threat, was out numbered. They could probably tear her to shreads. But she wasn't smart. Her just standing there, with the light breeze, Anyone else would be sure that the scent of her was being carried. However, she didn't know this. She still just sat where she was, silent as she could, except for her hard, petrified breathing.
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 51
Donate

Next