Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/03/2008 9:10 PM

"A curse?" the woman repeated, her gaze shifting to the Kuhna. Hard to believe he had attacked Genan only moments before. He looked so peaceful, so child-like. She crossed over to stand beside him, kneeling down to observe the mark on his tail closely. Tentatively, she reached out a hand and scratched gently behind one ear, before glancing back at Genan, her hand still resting on the Kuhna's head.

To be honest, she wasn't scared of him. He didn't look menacing, and if what Genan said was true, then he wasn't always like this. She sighed. "No worries, my friend. I believe you. I am only sorry something like this happened to your brother...It is not easy living with a curse...Is it, Servahn?"Her gaze snapped back to the Albie, who was growling under his breath, and looking away determinedly. She stood back up, still gazing down at the Kuhna.

"Well...Maybe you should try and wake him up...See if you can explain the situation to him. I'm sure he didn't mean to attack you, am I right?"She was trying to make light of the situation, think positively. If he could not help what he did, then it didn't make it his fault. Servahn was still grumbling under his breath, and she caught a few phrases every now and again, one sounding suspiciously like 'stupid fur ball.' She shot him a glance, and he turned away, pretending he hadn't said a word.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/03/2008 9:22 PM

Genan 2.3/Althaas 1.4

...Wake him up?
That didn't sound like a good idea. His mind began to wander back to- It didn't happen! He sternly told himself. "I think I'll wait for him to wake up." The Kuchi Nagi muttered.

Darkness, the moon was hidden, the sound of blood-thirsty howling behind him...

It didn't happen.

Blood splatters on the ground...a scream filled the air...

It didn't happen.

Althaas, his crazed eyes gazing into his....

It didn't happen!

He tore his eyes from his brother and gazed in the distance, his heart pounding from the memory. Much to his surprise, it landed on a young Graffiti Albie who seemed scared stiff.

"Hey!" Genan's voice sounded a bit too loud in his own ears. "Don't be afraid, we won't hurt you. Come over..."

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/03/2008 9:52 PM

The girl nodded, complying with his wishes. He seemed to be lost in his own thoughts, so she did not disturb him. Warmonger and Nyte stood side by side, speaking to one another in their own language. They seemed to be discussing something, but whether it was the Kuhna, the anthro, or the new Albie that appeared, she could not guess.

The woman looked up when the Kuchi Nagi called the Albie to them. She hadn't even noticed it. She smiled gently, and encouraged the creature closer as well. "Indeed. Why not come out? You look lonely."Servahn stepped forward, a low growl rumbling in his chest.

"Oh yes,"he muttered sarcastically. "Let's just invite strange creatures over to us. Maybe they'll bit eour heads off. What next? Why don't we march up to the Imperials and say 'Hey, we're bounty hunters, and we've come to kill you guys.' And while we're at it, let's go adopt every homeless creature we find. Oh, and I bet if we tried really hard, we could even get thrown into jail for stealing. Let's make a holiday of it!"

If he could've he would've thrown up his arms in exasperation.  As it was, he wasn't one who cared for the whole 'scaredy cat, let's watch and wait to be called over' act. "Would you just get over here, you scraggly fur ball? We haven't got all day!" he crowed, earning him a sharp thump to the head. He glared up at his master. "What?"he whined, looking quite annoyed.

"Be nice,"she scolded, her own annoyance shining in her eyes.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 02/03/2008 10:00 PM

She panted gently. She really was nearly ready to fall asleep. In fact, she wanted too. Badly. She was just so tried..
But when she was adressed, she felt her heart leap. She tried to stay where she was. Maybe they weren't talking to her. Maybe they were talking about someone else..
Yeah, that's it.
She waited a few more minutes. "ARGH.. darn it!" She frowned.
When no one else revealed themselves, she only knew that indeed.. they had spotted her. She slowly stepped out from her lame hiding place.. smiling slightly, "Eh.. hi.." She said, before that grin turned into a little nervous frown. She was intimidated of the creatures. All except the Kuhna. Those things were too cute to her to be scary. "I'm sorry. May I cross the bridge?" She asked gently.
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 51
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/03/2008 10:12 PM

Genan 2.4/Althaas 2.0

Why was she scared?
Genan sighed in relief as the Albie revealed herself as friendly. She only wanted to cross the bridge...

"Why would you want to cross this bridge?"

Genan leaped back, ready for the worst...
He didn't need to worry. Althaas's good side was dominaint for now, a bright smile on his face. "Why don't you stay for a while?" The Kuhna chimed. "We could talk and stuff."

"Just let her pass, Althaas." Genan said. It didn't really matter to him whether or not the Albie stayed.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/03/2008 10:29 PM

The large crimson Albie bared his teeth in a malicious smile. "So the psychopath is awake?"he mumbled under his breath, too soft for anyone to catch. He swung his head around to stare at the female Albie, his dark smile still in place. "You want to cross the bridge?" he asked, looking amused. "Then go ahead, be our guest. Just watch out for all the monsters..."He winked, clearly amused with his own words. "Our party is full of them, by the looks of it." he focused his gaze on the Kuhna, snarling under his breath.

His trainer kneeled down, wrapping her fingers in his scruff. "Knock it off," she hissed. "What's gotten into you? You aren't usually so rude...Or maniacal. It's creeping me out." The Albie looked a bit abashed, and sighed, sitting back on his haunches. "I'm just saying...All these cursed interruptions. First the lizard boy who still hasn't told us his name, then the psychotic Kuhna who has more mood swings that a pregnant human, and now a frightened little Albie who can barely form a coherent sentence. It's quite...Annoying, to say the least. We're never going to get to Terrace Park at this rate. We might as well just kiss those bounties goodbye."

He sighed, his shoulders slumping. "Darn it all...And I really wanted those Keystones." He turned his ivory eyes upon the female Albie. She wasn't bad looking, and in fact, could be called pretty. He'd never seen a Graffiti Albie before. He was always stuck babysitting that annoying Beecko, the Biolune Albie that belonged to his master. Beecko was nothing but a young troublemaker, and was always getting into mischief. His eyes narrowed, and he coughed. "You might as well stay, you know. You wouldn't last one minute out there on your own. You're too...Soft."

The woman glanced at Genan, coming over to stand beside him. "He sure is a pain, isn't he?" she mused, chuckling under her breath. She pointed a finger at the Kuhna, making sure it could not see her as she crossed her arms. "Is he going to be all right? He's...Different than before..."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 02/03/2008 10:49 PM

"Erh.. I would stay.. but i'm.." She frowned, and looked to the cursed Albie. Geeze, he was a rude one.
She looked back to Genan "I'm running away.. so.. I'd love to stay, but i'm afraid i'll get caught. I really don't want too." She said, turning back to the Albie. Hearing what he said, made her frown deepen. "You guys SO don't look like monsters. Try putting up with a candel Shinzo. Those things are monsters." She grinned. Wow.. it felt good for her to speak her mind without that guy around. He was rude enough to be one, anyway. "Where are you all headed?" She asked. She decided she COULD make some kind of conversation before she left. Maybe she'd end up getting a friend in the process?
However, the new change of heart from the rather.. rude host was a new change of heart from her. "Really?" She blinked. She had missed that somewhat 'insult' he had pointed out.
"Well.. I guess. Uhm.. Are you guys strong?" She asked, "Oh, my name is Kairi." She smiled abit, "Who are you guys?"
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/04/2008 1:17 AM

Genan 3.0/Althaas 2.1

Genan scrutinized the woman for a long while before answering. "I think he's fine now." Genan watched his brother...was it almost fearfully? Sadly? It was almost impossible to tell in the dim light. His attention snapped back to the Albie when she mentioned 'running away'. "Who are you running from?" Genan curiously asked.

"Yes!" Althaas cheekily said. "Who're you running from?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/04/2008 1:34 AM

The crimson furred Albie huffed. "Try putting up with a Garudor. Now that's annoying," he muttered under his breath, and a loud squawk overhead signaled the bird had heard him. "Hey, you wouldn't hear me if you didn't have super sensitive ears....Which no one can see, by the way!" he shouted at the sky. "No eared freak," he mumbled, before turning his unnerving gaze back to the female Albie. "It's not really any of your business where we're headed, but since apparently, you'll be joining us, I guess you should know." He sighed heavily.

"We're going to Terrace Park. Our guide, who has done very little guiding, is coming with us. I'd introduce you, but lizard-boy has yet to grace us with his name. The crazy Kuhna was...Althaas, from what I've heard. But he's insane, so try and stay away from him." He grinned maliciously, his eyes flashing. The Nyghtmare had been observing quietly, and chose this time to speak up, tired of his companion twisting his words.

"What I believe my friend is saying, is that we are know no more about our companions than you do. And yes, little one, we are strong. Strong in numbers, and in spirit. You will be safe with us, I can assure you. We shall let no harm befall you." He titled his head, his long mane flowing down his broad neck. He gave his tail a little flick, to silence the Albie who had opened his mouth to say something. "It is nice to meet you, Kairi. I am called Nyte. My companions are Warmonger, the Cavallion you see there," he indicated her with a flick of his ear.

"A Garudor, whom you have yet to truly meet, soaring above us in the clouds, is called Escaflowne. But we simply refer to him as Dragon. My trainer's name is Tabitha, she is very kind. She will let no harm come to you. The anthro has yet to grace us with his name, as my companion said, and yes, the Kuhna you see is called Athlaas. Do not fear him, either." He raised his head, red eyes glowing in the darkness and pawed the ground. "The rude little Albie that has so graciously decided to annoy us all, is called Servahn. He's nothing more than a bunch of hot-air, so please, do not take to heart anything he says, little one."

He smiled, and Tabitha was surprised at the gentleness in his voice. Nyte was not accustomed to emotions, or feelings, and it was quite rare that he ever expressed them. He seemed to warm up to the little Albie, and she could see the gentle light in his eyes. She smiled. It was then that Servahn broke the stilled silence, deciding to voice his own questions. "Why on earth are you being chased, anyway? What could be so bad that you'd run away? Or maybe you've just got serious commitment issues..."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 02/05/2008 12:53 AM

Her eyes lit up to Nyte. He made her ignore the cursed Albie, who was being still quite rude. "Thank you very much." She said, "I'd love to join the group, if i'm not an.. Inconvenience?" She seemed to ask. In a time like this, she really didn't need to be traveling alone. No one should. She nodded to everyone, enjoying the nice introduction. "Wow. That's alot." She giggled, "I hope I can remember all these names." She said.  "But it's really a pleasure as well, and thank you greatly, Nyte." She said, with a nod of her head.

A frown crept over her features. Who was she running away from? Good question. It's quite a funny story, but she was embarassed to say excatly why. But she decided to try anyway,
"Well.. thing is, we live in a big house that we call a castle. Well, higher positions do anyway. I mean.. see, there is this 'king' that rules it. And he kind of put everyone in a group.. me, and majority of the pets that live there, are like slaves." She frowned, "I'd rather not be part of it. So i'm running away." She said shyly. She hated using the word slave about herself. It made her all the more embarassed.

But she turned to Servahn, with a slight grimance, "Commitment issues?" What was funny, is she really didn't understand what he'd ment by that.
"Anyway... where is Terrace Park?" She cocked her head to the side. The name rang a bell, but she'd never been out of her place in the 'castle' before. It was all so new to her.
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/05/2008 7:23 PM

Genan 3.1/Althaas 2.2

"Terrace Park is not far from here." Genan slowly explained. Not far from that...cursed...no, don't think about it... "It's a very nice place. Many people gather there to relax." He sighed. "We might as well go there."

Althaas's eyes lighted up. "That'd be awesome!" The Kuhna grinned. "Why don't we go then?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/05/2008 7:53 PM

Tabitha shook her head softly. "No inconvenience, little Kairi. And I'm sure you'll remember our names once you get to know us."She tilted her head, glancing at Genan as he spoke of getting under way. She nodded slowly. She was fairly eager to see Sabrahalla and Vahn, and wondered if Setvalla would be there as well. Neither one had said a word about the younger Fellox. "Terrace Park,"she began answering the female Albie's question. "Is supposedly not far from here. Like he said,"she pointed at Genan. "Lots of people go there. But don't worry about anything. You're with us now. We won't let anyone take you back to that...Castle."

She didn't like the way the Albie spoke of the castle. If something like that existed, it was best that Kairi stayed far away from it. She snorted, and plodded over to grab Warmonger's reins. "Well, we should get going," she announced to her companions. "Come on."The crimson Albie glanced at the female, before snorting. He turned away, trotting at the heels of his master as they headed for Terrace Park, Nyte and Dragon in tow.

((I'll make a new thread in Terrace Park, all right? It'll be called 'New Meetings.'))

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/05/2008 8:04 PM

(OOC: Sure. Sorry for disrupting the posting order, by the way @.@)
Genan 3.2/Althaas 2.3

Genan hung back, a bit uncertain. Well...should he follow?

"C'mon, Althaas." The Kuchi Nagi finally muttered. Without another word, the brothers followed Tabitha.

Kairi was obviously welcome to follow them.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 02/07/2008 5:16 PM

{Gonna make this short..}

She smiled. Kairi was... happy, to say the least. In the long shot, it could be described as grateful. She made a small nod, "Thank you, very, very much." She grinned happily. Now, she wasn't alone in traveling. Plus, new friends.. that was always a bonus. Maybe soon, she could try and snag her friends from the castle, to meet these people.
She looked to the cursed Albie, smiling. However, his snorting reaction, and abruptly turning away made her frown abit. She didn't mind, however. People like that needed to be stayed away from anyway..
She slowly turned, and followed the group.
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous