Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

Perhaps... (open!)

Postby Alterna » 02/26/2008 1:04 AM

A young girl was sitting in the grass watching her young Biolune Ferrikoon prance lightly upon the field chasing insects that just happened to pop out. Sounding quite tired the young girl calls out, "Taechi, we should really be going now." She didn't want to sound too forceful, since he still wasn't very loyal, which is why she was going to have to trick him or make him think of going to Terrace Park. Then, she could actually bond with Taechi some more.
Not quite yet Alterna, he thought to the young girl. You still haven't told me where we are going.
Alterna raised an eyebrow, "I know you too well Taechi, if I pick the place you are sure to pick a different way."
The Ferrikoon pounced on a beetle-like insect and turned to Alterna with a slight smile. I should've known you'd see right through me, but it was worth a shot. I am new to this traveling thing though, so maybe we should ask someone else around here.
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 20
Donate

Postby Wildpath » 02/26/2008 7:28 PM

Wolf walked along side of her Tali, Serena. The landscape layed in front of them was a brilliant mix of different colors. She could see the very faint outline of the mountains farther north and the closer Terrace Park. Yes we will go there. She thought looking down at Serena. They stopped at the edge of the bridge. "We're finally here Serena, Lambastia. I thought we could go to Terrace Park." She said, dare not saying so that they could bond more. Serena always insisted that she was loyal enough to her, but every now and then she would run away or attack her. "Terrace Park, that sounds fun. I could do with a better exercise then walking all day." Serena said after a moment of thought. "Good." Wolf began to walk to a lush field so that they could eat. Wolf had packed a PB&J sandwhich for her her and a pound of meat for Serena. She could never get enough meat.

On there way to the field, Serena stopped and sniffed the air. "What is it?" Wolf asked in a whisper. "I smell another human girl and a Ferrikoon nearby." Serena answered looking up at Wolf withe pleading eyes. Wolf sighed. "Fine, we'll see if we can find them." She walked to the top of the hill in the middle of the field and looked out over the lush green grass. She spotted a biolune color streak through the grass and pounce on something. She followed its gaze to a young girl. She looked at Serena, "You got your wish. Now come on, my feet are getting tired." She walked over to the girl with casual steps, Serena right by her side. When they reached the girl, Wolf smiled and folded her hands behind her back, her wolf tail wagging slightly. "Hi there. I'm Wolf." Serena went over to inspect the Ferrikoon. "Hi, I'm Serena." She sat down and folded her tail around her paws.
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 76
Donate

Postby Alterna » 02/26/2008 8:22 PM

Alterna glanced over at the two newcomers. A young girl and a Chaos Tali, hopefully they wanted to go to the same place she wanted to go. Once the girl had introduced herself as Wolf, Alterna replied, "Nice to meet you Wolf, my name is Alterna and that's Taechi."
Out of the corner of her eye, she watched Taechi. Getting ready to tackle him if he did something unruly.
Sensing his owner was watching him, Taechi scooped up the beetle into his mouth and swallowed it quickly. Taechi turned toward the Tali to reply and maybe actually join up with them. Hello Serena, as my owner just said my name is Taechi and you've come at just the right moment. We were wondering where we might want to go and perhaps we may go with you somewhere? With this he cocked his head at Serena awaiting her reply.
He silently wished Ricky were with them, he would be able to see if they were telling the truth or not. Taechi didn't trust strangers.
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wildpath » 02/27/2008 8:14 PM

Wolf smiled at the girl known as Alterna. She follow her gaze over to her Ferrikoon, known as Taechi. Wolf considered the two. They looked of good reason and it would probably be nice if they could travel to Terrace Park together. "That Serena, my Chaos Tali." She said looking back at Alterna. "We we're on our way over to Terrace Park. We came to have a little snack, but Tali picked up ya'll scent first." She giggled. "Are ya'll headed to Terrace?" She asked after a minute, she could giggle forever if you let her.

Serena eyed Taechi carefully. He was a Biolune and had a fungi scent coming off of him. She never had cared for Biolune creatures much. Listening to thought inside her head she glanced over to Wolf, who never really considered her as a pet, but more of a room mate. Which she liked since she hated feeling like she was owned. She looked back at Taechi. "Yes, I think we're going to Terrace Park. I wouldn't mind traveling with you guys, but I don't know about Wolf." He voice trailed of as she looked back at Wolf, picking up some of her conversation with Alterna. "Lets go see." She said standing up and pacing over to Wolf. "Are we going to travel with them?" She asked Wolf wagging her tail. Her usual aggressive attitude was gone today.
[center]

Zoo Pen~Human Characters

Image[/center]
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Alterna » 02/28/2008 1:17 AM

Alterna felt relieved when Wolf said they were going to Terrace Park. Alterna was a bit confused why the girl was giggling, but Alterna tried to match Wolf's enthusiasm. "Actually, we were a bit undecided on where to go, but I'm sure Taechi wouldn't mind if we went with you to Terrace Park. And then we can have a snack together!" she said gleefully. Glancing briefly at Selena as the chaos Tali walked toward Wolf, Alterna looked over at Taechi and called out to him, "Hey Taechi! We're going to go to Terrace Park!" Whenever Alterna talked about Taechi, she tried to stay as far away from the words 'pet' or 'owner', since Taechi didn't like to think of himself as being owned.

Taechi watched as Selena walked toward Wolf and Alterna. He couldn't quite place a paw on it, but something about the Tali was weird... Shrugging, he trotted after Selena. After listening to his owner call out to him he leapt into the air and began to fly, flapping his four wings in turn. He circled around Alterna's head a few times before flying up behind her and placing his back paws on her shoulders and his forepaws on Alterna's head. Smiling and swishing his tail so that it sometimes tickled Alterna's ears, he asked, So is it decided?
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wildpath » 02/28/2008 9:14 AM

Wolf nodded at Alterna as she spoke. Going together sounded like a great idea and Serena sounded like she wanted to travel with them too. "Yeah, Serena and me don't mind." She smiled and started walking towards Terrace Park, but stopped and turned around, her tail curled up. "Should we eat first or eat once we get there?" She asked tilting her head to one side slightly. Serena stopped at her feet and looked back.

Serena watched as Taechi soared overhead then landed on Alterna. She wished she could fly, she could only imagine the sweet air overhead. She was still gazing at Taechi when Wolf started walking. She ran after her when she snapped out of her trance. She almost fell down when Wolf stopped abruptly and turned around, her tail gliding over Serena's nose. She looked back at Alterna and Taechi. Her ears perked at the mention of food, she was rather hungry now that it was mentioned again.

OOC: It's Serena not Selena. lol =]
[center]

Zoo Pen~Human Characters

Image[/center]
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Alterna » 02/28/2008 6:46 PM

Alterna pretended to be annoyed by Taechi's antics, but was actually happy that he was bugging her. "We can eat at Terrace Park," Alterna replied, but then she realized she hadn't brought anything to eat. "Oh my!" she cried. "I didn't bring any food! Is it ok if my Hollowheart comes and brings us some food?" Alterna began to tense up as she began to worry.
At hearing that Alterna hadn't brought any food, Taechi made a groaning-type noise and leapt off of Alterna's shoulders. Landing lightly on the ground, he leaned into Alterna's leg. Can't you remember anything?, he thought playfully. But I would like to have Nert here though. She's fun to climb on.
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wildpath » 02/28/2008 7:36 PM

Wolf's tail wagged slightly as Alterna mentioned a Hollowheart. She smiled and nodded, to excited to speak. She had seen lots of pictures of Hollowhearts, but had never actually seen one. "What is its color?" She asked, running through the different colors Hollowhearts she knew of. She looked at Taechi and wished Serena would be as affectionate, but both of her Talis has bad tempers, Serena was actually being weird, she was acting so friendly today.

Serena watched as Wolf got excited about a Hollowheart. She never got that excited over me or Artemis. She though bitterly to herself. She sighed and sat down. They would be here a while if the Hollowheart brought Alterna and Taechi food. She looked up at the sky and once again imagined her self soaring through the air. Maybe Wolf will get a Hollowheart one day and we can ride it everywhere. She thought, the sad moment gone from her for the moment.
[center]

Zoo Pen~Human Characters

Image[/center]
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Alterna » 02/28/2008 8:54 PM

Alterna began to relax again and said, "Oh, she's a Temple Hollowheart, and my sister has an Imperial Hollowheart. Nert can meet us at Terrace Park."  Looking down at Taechi she spoke to him with an annoyed tone, "I can remember things! I'm just not a very good planner...." Looking back at Wolf she continued, "Well! We might as well be going now. Come on Taechi!" Turning around to the direction of Terrace Park, Alterna began to walk to Terrace.
When Alterna looked down at Taechi and scolded him, he just stuck his toungue out at her and glanced over at Serena. Taechi squinted his eyes at her because for a second she'd looked... sad. But then the expression was gone and Taechi thought he might've just imagined it. Quickly jumping away from Alterna he winked at Serena. Taechi jumped into the air, twisted his body and flapped his wings towards Alterna and began to make orbits around her head as Alterna began to walk to Terrace. Onwards!
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate