Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

Postby Archenstone » 03/31/2008 5:41 PM

Elaine hurried over to see what Teller had gotten himself into. A slim little bristle had lodged itself on the tip of his nose. She quickly pulled it out.
"Are you stuck elsewhere?"She asked as she plucked the plant and stuck in her still wet pants.

Leonie came over as she swallowed something. "You okay?" She asked once her throat was clear.
Image Image Image Image Image
Archenstone
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 82
Donate

Postby Sagebrush » 03/31/2008 6:43 PM

[center]
Telltale sighed quickly and said, <"Yeah, I'm fine."> He stared at them both, and asked, <"I'm ...hungry. Do any of you have anything to eat?"> He watched, envious, at Leonie, who seemed to just have finished a meal. His belly growled nervously. The Ferrikoon back away and suddenly remembered how he had not had his dinner--not a wise choice. He eyed them and asked Leonie in Evelon tongue, "Where did you get that meat?"

He presumed, of course, that it was meat indeed. It wasn't likely that this Serraptor was used to eating grass. Teller was an omnivore, and meat was a rare but tasty treat for the Ferrikoon. He searched around. He sniffled, his nose slightly bruised and unable to smell as well as he could've a few minutes ago. Fur had slightly puffed down now, and he was able to see the ground clearly. The moon shone on his fur and licked his hide so that he was covered in light.

Unconsciously, he began to shine, a common thing he did when comfortable.

[8]

Sagebrush
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 141
Donate

Postby Archenstone » 03/31/2008 7:29 PM

Leonie thought for a moment. "I found a nice tunnel system in the grass and bushes. I'll go grab a few more." Turning fluidly she moved off at a quick jog to a patch of really thick grass and brambles. She could smell the small critters and hear their squeaks. It took only a few stroke with her sickle claw and a quick snap of the jaws before she had three tasty Deigoos. She came back bearing the sweet tasty critters. They where about twice the size of rats.

Elaine didn't have any food on her but she had already eaten before they left. "Both of you go ahead and eat. I'm still full from earlier." She gazed at Teller as he brightened. She thought he was pretty.
Archenstone
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sagebrush » 04/01/2008 9:49 AM

[center]
Teller gazed happily at the smell of fresh Deigoo. He was not capable of hunting, what with his fragile demeanor, so fresh meat was rare for him. As he nibbled on the hot meat, he sighed. "Wow, this is great!" he murmured to Leonie. "Do you eat like this every night?" Enviously he dug into another Deigoo and leaned back on his tail, content.

<"What do you usually do on walks like this?"> asked Teller in human. <"I haven't been on a walk alone for a long, long time..."> His stripes shown brilliantly, flashing. The venom Rollaby... was it gone already? Too bad, he thought to himself. It's been a long time since I've had so many friends.

[9]

Sagebrush
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Archenstone » 04/01/2008 9:54 PM

"I eat what ever I feel like catching. I have hunted almost all my life." She replied. Her tail swished contently as she breathed in the grassy smells. In her  homeland Kireseth flowers would be in full bloom. She took a deep breath thinking about it.

Elaine idly wove grass into a braid as she enjoyed the evening. Smiling she said, "I am usually alone walking in the daytime, but since a found Leonie I find myself enjoying nights out as well." Looking at his multiglimmering fur she said, "You really shimmer! Are you always so beautiful?" She had rarely seen Biolume creatures.

"I thought the villagers would be celebrating Spring Festival at this time...do you know if I have missed it?" There was no way she was off by more than a few weeks...was there? She felt a bit of uncertainty creep upon her as she realized she has lost count of the days.

[[You now get to influence Elaine's story line by choosing if she is early for the festival or late {grins}]]
Archenstone
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sagebrush » 04/02/2008 9:39 AM

[center]
<"Me, beautiful?"> laughed the Ferrikoon idly. <"I'm not half as beautiful as some of the other Biolune creatures. But thank you."> He shifted his gaze quickly to Leonie, and turned away. As for the Spring Festival... Yes, Teller remembered how he had gone to it last year... he wasn't sure whether April had gone, hadn't gone, or planned to go. However...

<"I... I think it was last week,"> murmured Teller, biting his lip in worry. <"Seeing as how the crocus has bloomed really early... but..."> He searched his mind frantically. <"April never misses the Spring Festival, and seeing as she hasn't gone, it must be sometime next week.">

He wasn't entirely sure, but that was all that Teller could tell them.

[10]
Sagebrush
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Archenstone » 04/02/2008 7:56 PM

He doesn't seem very certain...I wonder who April is? "Thats okay, perhaps you'd like to introduce me to April tomorrow evening? That way we can know each other. It's been several months since I spoke to another human." She smiles...she would just have to wait and find out.

Leonie seems to have wandered away again. She can be seen back near the stream...possibly just getting a drink.
Archenstone
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sagebrush » 04/04/2008 7:51 PM

[center]
The Ferrikoon listened to Elaine's speech. Months since another human? he thought to himself. Wow. I see new humans every day! What a strange world. He smiled up at her and replied nonchalantly, <"Or maybe tomorrow morn', if you're up for it. Maybe I'm just a late sleeper, but April always seems up early."> He continued rapidly, <"She's such a nice person. I think you'll like her, Elaine. She's very much like you.">

Turning to Leonie, he added, "Hope you won't mind about April. She's not a hunter, or a poacher, or anything... She's nice. And she certainly won't try to catch you and take you away," he paused, "If that's what you're thinking. In fact, I know a lot of people that are friendly." Leonie's probably overreacting, he thought to himself.

[11]
Sagebrush
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Archenstone » 04/04/2008 8:47 PM

"I'd like to see you both. Perhaps in the evening so Leonie may come." April should be able to help me with time at least...plus this would get Leonie around another person. She's so awfully afraid. I wish I knew what happened to her. She started the shiver as the night grew on. "I better get back to the cave...I need to get out of these clothes..."

Leonie came back towards them. She wasn't tired a bit but knew that Elaine didn't like to be in wet clothes. "If she is your friend...then I will be okay." She couldn't say she could trust her...it took time before She came to trust and care for Elaine...but perhaps she could give this April a chance.
Archenstone
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sagebrush » 04/05/2008 8:50 AM

[center]
[OOC: Wanna meet in the same place?]

Teller nodded appreciatively. Of course, the Serraptor needed time because of her lizard-like features. That'd be okay. In fact, April would look forward to seeing them. Realizing this, he turned to see the moon shining high above their heads. It was way after midnight, way after his bedtime--and way over the time he was supposed too get home.

"Er, I have to go home as well," the Ferrikoon fretted quickly. April's probably worrying about me. He turned to leave, and gave them a nod of acknowledgment. Then he lumbered home.

[12]
Sagebrush
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Archenstone » 04/06/2008 12:08 PM

[that works if all goes well then we may end up on a bit of a journey together ^_~]]

The next evening Elaine and Leonie came once again. The night air was cool this time of year so she wore brown leather breaches and a creamy long sleeved shirt. She looked forward to seeing teller again and meeting April. Leonie was around. She was 'scouting', thats what it made Elaine think of anyways.

They where at the edge of the forest. Perhaps travel is not so bad after all. Leonie thought. My eyes have gotten so sensitive over the years that it made travel difficult for her. Entering the field she broke into a sprint. All this open ground! She felt like a missle when going this fast. She slowed down as she neared the bridge. Was she here already? It looked like Teller and some one else. She felt an urge to run back to Elaine but suppressed it. How am I  ever going to travel if I fear every two legged in my path? She noticed Elaine walking, she would be here shortly anyways. Determined not to shy away, she walked up to Teller. "It's another good night to be out. Good to see you again Teller." She looked at the person with him, wondering what she would be like. Even though she tried to be relaxed, she couldn't keep the nervous twitch out of her tail.
Archenstone
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sagebrush » 04/06/2008 8:31 PM

[center]
"Now don't you worry!" whispered Teller to Leonie, with what he thought was a wink but came out sort of as a deformed blink. "April is really nice." The human next to him looked about thirteen, her tan skin complementing her short, raven black hair. On the bridge of her nose rested glasses. She pushed them up and bent down to look at the Serraptor. "Wow, you're really pretty!" she said, reaching out to touch Leonie's skin. All of a sudden, she flinched back, and apologized. "You probably don't take to me touching you, right? Teller told me you've had a past with humans... he didn't specify, don't worry..."

As if I knew! thought Teller, rolling his eyes.

April stood up and dusted her khakis. "So where's this Elaine I hear about?" Teller looked around, and asked Leonie, "She's coming soon, right?"

[13]
Sagebrush
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Archenstone » 04/07/2008 9:46 PM

She...she's a child right? She doesn't seem threatening at all...much like a younger Elaine. Leonie thought, looking at her. April suddenly reached out to touch her and it was all she could do not to back up and hiss. As it was, her lips curled slightly and April drew back. She shivered..she didn't mean to frighten the girl.

"Elaine is just behind me." She told Teller. She forced her spiky crest down to a relaxed position. "Teller...let April know that I didn't mean to startle her." Leonie was sincerely concerned. She didn't want April frightened of her any more than she wanted to be frightened of April. Thankfully, Elaine caught up and it seemed her very presence was helpful. She felt safe around Elaine.

"Hi! I'm Elaine, how you doing Teller?" Elaine was surprised that Leonie came up here alone. Was April pale? She looked young. Elaine smiled and walked over. "Teller told me some nice thinks about you April. I'm glad to meet you."
Archenstone
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sagebrush » 04/18/2008 4:44 PM

[center]April shook Elaine's hand and looked up at the older girl. "Yes, I would be April!" she said joyfully, her rosy cheeks turning redder in the brisk afternoon warmth. "And you're Elaine. I love how your name sounds." Random as always, April, thought Teller, rolling his eyes. He turned to Leonie and said, "April is a bit ...scatterbrained."

April proceeded to sit down underneath the cool shade and drew a crumpled package from her large, sweatshirt pocket. It was a paper bag, mussed and not looking very tidy. She opened it up to reveal four sandwiches, squashed against each other. April stared at the sandwiches and laughed openly, a hearty sound. "Yeah, it's a bit squished!" she laughed, unfolding a sandwich from its plastic cover. "But if you want one..."

She looked meaningfully to Teller and surreptitiously passed him two sandwiches, one PB&J and the other ham and cheese. Teller sighed and asked Leonie, "Want one?"

[14]

(OOC: I literally had no time to get on the computer. ;-; I'm so, so sorry.)
Sagebrush
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Archenstone » 04/28/2008 8:18 AM

[[its okay, I didn't realize you posted ! ^_^;;]]

"Thanks" She smiled and sat with April, "Squashed is okay! I'm always traveling so its not often I get to have a sandwich." She took the offered sandwich and tried it. Ham and cheese! It had been a long time since she had ham.

Leonie looked at the offered sandwich. "I've...never had one. I'll try it though." She takes which ever sandwich Teller happens to hand her and tried to chew it. She twitches her tail at the odd taste.

"So April," Elaine says after a little bit, "Did we miss the Spring Festival? I was hoping to go to one this year." She noticed Leonie took a sandwich...Does she know what it is? Elaine wondered.
Archenstone
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous