Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

The World (Open)

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 05/21/2008 12:30 PM

Minos

&

Labyrinth

..::~-----~::..

[sub]Labyrinth stood staring curiously at his surroundings. He hated having so much variety, it confused him so. He scratched his unbelievably blue hair as he examined, very slowly, his options.
"A volcano? They let people near that?" Placing a hand on his well dressed hip, he looked to Minos. Who seemed to be examining his attire quite curiously. A simple black button up short which seemed far too formal to be wearing on an adventure. Dressed up with blood red and black arm warmers (Not suitable for standing near 3000 degrees worth of volcano. ) and a ridiculous amount of silver rings and useless chains. Not to mention his pants, which where loose and decorated with little silver moons down one leg.
"Honestly, I think they would let you near it. Seeing as your a smelting pot in the making." Minos was of course, referring to the rings on Mayze's fingers... "Where I a metal worker I'd just throw you into the fire pit."
"Look, there's a city too!" Labyrinth ignored Minos' comment as he further examined his choices.
"Can we go there? I really need to practice my magic befo--" Minos started but was abruptly cut off by Labyrinth's obnoxious laughter.
"Basantha!" Why that was funny to him would probably remain a mystery for all time.
Minos tapped his foot impatiently before making Labyrinth's decision for him, "We're going to the city!"
"Wait wait... I haven't looked at the rest of this yet..." The strange man stood there for several minutes, just staring off into space as he thought of his choice.[/sub]
[align=center][sub][/sub][/align]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 128
Donate

Postby Koneko » 05/22/2008 12:15 AM

(hey there! Mind if I join?)

Sugar Baby

& Koneko...

~~~

"Ayo! Lookin' for something, are you?" asked an almost hyper voice from behind. Standing not that far off was a vibrantly dressed teen girl. She was wearing a strange outfit that seemed to changed colors ramdomly. One moment it was bright blue, the next it was red, and the next it was green... On the teen's shoulder is a baby Candy Fenling. "Sugar here said I should talk to you..." she said, and the Fenling wagged her four tails timidly. "'Course, all she did was nod when I asked if I should... she's too young to talk just yet..."
Koneko
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 05/22/2008 4:21 AM

[sub]
(Lol feel free^^ anyone interested in joining go right on ahead and join^^ )

Minos was the first to turn and notice the young girl. He quickly took his place in between her and Labyrinth and narrowed his big green eyes.
"Oh?" Labyrinth turned and tilted his head a bit at the young woman. He had to look down to see her, and found that quite adorable, "My my... it seems someone's come to say hello."
"I don't like her." Minos said bluntly and crossed his stubby little arms. Waving his wand impatiently. Labyrinth quickly nudged the small creature with his knee and proceeded to introduce himself to the young lady and her companion.
He reached a hand over Minos' head and offered it to her, and Minos glared at it.
"Sugar you say? What a cute name... this is Minos... perhaps after a few more minutes he'll calm down enough to introduce himself to you and your friend." Labyrinth smiled widely, "My name is Labyrinth... or Mayze, if you prefer. It's a pleasure to meet you..."

[/sub]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Koneko » 05/22/2008 12:10 PM

The girl smiled. "What a cool name," she said, shaking his hand. "And Minos is so cute... How'd you come up with his name? Or did he always have it?" she asked, letting go of his hand. "I'm Koneko, by the way..." she said as her outfit became a pale pink.
Koneko
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 05/22/2008 1:58 PM

[sub]

"Koneko? What a cute name." Labyrinth stumbled over the name a bit... it certainly was cute, but he really had a hard time pronouncing foreign names and things. It was actually kind of funny if you got him to try and say the right word.
"And Minos? He's always had that name from what I understand." The large man shrugged, "Our names are quite fitting for us though if you know the significance and connections..."
That was for anyone who did any research on certain mythology... but he didn't feel like spelling it out at the moment.
"Anyways, that's an interesting outfit." Labyrinth never changed color in public, so it was quite interesting to watch the colors change right before his eyes.
He noticed the light pink and chuckled a bit. Whether it be innate ability or special effects instilled in the fabrics of her clothing, she was blushing inside, or being shy. Or something completely different that he didn't understand.
Which happened a lot it seemed....
Minos was clearly not amused or awed by any sort of color changing at the moment as he stood defiantly in front of Labyrinth. Plopping back on his butt like a grumpy 2 year old. He normally wouldn't just sit down right now, but he didn't see the girl as much of a threat...
"Come on Labyrinth let's go!" Minos whined and demanded all in one sentence.

[/sub]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Koneko » 05/22/2008 3:23 PM

"Thanks, it's just a spell I concocted while here... It needs to be recharged every day, but I don't mind..." Koneko watched in amusment as Minos complained. Sugar Baby hopped off her shoulder, walking up to the Meji. "Ooh! Do you like him too, Sugar?"

The Fenling sniffed at Minos, wagging her four tails through the air. She yipped, before getting into a position to play. She batted at him with her dainty little paws, ran off a short ways, and yipped again, tails fanning the air.

"Aww... she wants to play with him!" Koneko said happily.
Koneko
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 05/22/2008 10:16 PM

[sub]
"A spell... that's very interesting." Labyrinth was about to say something else but couldn't help but pause to watch the adorable Fenling try and get Minos to play.
"Unfortunately, my little friend here still has a few minutes of anger to wear off. If he doesn-" Labyrinth swiftly grabbed Minos by the scruff of his neck as he started to growl and looked like he was going to charge.
"Ah.... yes... see? He does these things..." He shrugged and continued to hold Minos up as he kicked and growled, "Don't be offended... he does this to new people. -Oh, two minutes left..."[/sub]

(Sorry for the short post ;;>> )
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Koneko » 05/25/2008 2:38 PM

(I am so sorry it took so long for me to reply! I was visiting my stepmom, who is out of town on business...)

"I wouldn't be too worried," Koneko said. "As long as he doesn't try any magic on her... I think she'd consider it a game if he tried to catch her, even if the end result wouldn't be very good." She smiled. "Is he your only friend? I have a second one, but she's currently missing. Her name is Feather, and she's a Yonyuu..." Koneko went on to describe her other friend... How her fur was so soft, how she could talk as Minos could, how sweet her voice sounded, and how she could fly but prefered walking. "She's pretty much adopted Sugar as her baby, and even though she doesn't trust me that much... I don't think she'd run away because she loves her so much."
Koneko
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 05/25/2008 4:07 PM

[sub]
(Don't worry about it^^ it's fine.^^ I hope you had lot's of fun^^ )

Labyrinth smiled a bit at the thought. Minos couldn't run very fast. Even if he tried floating like he usually does he wouldn't be able to keep up...
"Heh, he can't use magic when he's like this..." He placed the angered Minos on the ground and watched as he ran after the young, adorable Fenling.
It took a moment for him to switch his attention back to Koneko. Only just catching what she was asking about him only having one friend. He listened to the rest before answering... and chose to ignore her question for now. Friends where not something he came across easily.
"A..... Yonyuu?" Another word easily stumbled on. He decided to refer to it as Feather rather then the species name, "What does she look like? Maybe I can help you find her..."
Labyrinth looked a bit clueless when he turned his head to make sure Minos wasn't chewing on some fellow's leg. He was relived to see that he'd stopped running and was instead looking about in confusion.[/sub]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Koneko » 05/25/2008 4:39 PM

Koneko nodded. "Okay, that'd be a big help..." she said, not smiling, "I'm just worried that someone might try to kidnap her... her breed is pretty rare, especially one with her colors. She's a Sky you see... and I've heard those are one of the rarest colors for any species..." She went on to describe that she looked like a big fox, was blue, and had lovely long wings with pale lilac feathers, hence her name.

Meanwhile... Sugar was busy playing with Minos. She'd yip, he'd chase and make faces, and she loved it. Why, she could've done it all day, if her owner hadn't picked her up. She wiggled and twisted, trying everything to get out of her owner's firm but gentle grasp. Koneko laughed. "You were having fun? We're going to find your mommy..." Sugar licked her face, wagging her tails. "Okay, I get it, you miss her too..." Koneko said. "Shall we go on, Mayze?"
Koneko
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 05/27/2008 4:52 AM

[sub]
"Of course," Labyrinth bowed slightly. Minos hastily returned to his side and adjusted his hat and coat. Apologizing profusely to the young Sugar and her female friend, even though he didn't realize it had been a game to the young creature.
Labyrinth spoke in a softer tone now, "I'm sure if someone did kidnap her, they would not hesitate to brag. Seeing as they would advertise that they had captured such a rare breed... it might make her easier to find. Of course, the matter of treatment comes to mind... and I assure you I cannot abide any kind of abuse towards an animal, even if it is minor... and were any feather on your dear pet harmed I would invest all my energy in seeing that the person responsible be dealt with appropriately..."
Labyrinth would run away in a fight.
He fiddled with a chain dangling delicately against his wrist... he was known for long spiels when he got this way. And he could back them up.... mentally at least. Whether that meant he fought with mental powers or used the strength of intellect to persecute was something for another day. It was most likely the latter, though. Or perhaps he was arrogant and thought very highly of himself. Who knew.
"We won't get anywhere by talking though...." He was tapping his chin now, "And you don't think she would have run away? A likely sign she was kidnapped..."
Or worse, he thought to himself. He didn't want to upset the sweet girl....
"Then maybe we'll find more in the city, where, if she were kidnapped, they would most likely advertise her...." He glanced down at Minos for a moment before looking back to the young lady before him, "Or maybe you have an idea of where she might have gone? A place of comfort perhaps, if she did in fact run away."[/sub]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Koneko » 05/27/2008 11:44 AM

Koneko smiled. "We could always check the city, or the park. Let's start with the city, it's closer." She looked briefly at the sign, before turning toward the city and starting to walk.

(sorry it's so short, should we go to the city now, or wait until we get another 5 posts?)
Koneko
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jar Sqwuid » 05/30/2008 4:58 PM

[sub]
(It's fine. Sorry it took so long for me to post. I'll explain in another thread lol. )

Minos rubbed his paws together excitedly and bounded after Koneko as fast as his stubby little legs could take him. Not even bothering to wait for Labyrinth, who knew Minos loved the city. That's where he'd spent most of his time anyways, his family lived in the middle of one after all.
Labyrinth moved quickly so that he might follow close behind their little group. Keeping an eye peeled for the animal she had described.[/sub]
Jar Sqwuid
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate