Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

A Beat at a Time (invite only)

Postby Protocol » 06/01/2008 9:35 PM

(you must be invited via PM to join this roleplay. Please don't post unless I have invited you. Thanks!)

Image Tuka
Image Garrus Vakarian

A rather large Palowockee sat on a rocky outcropping, his eyes fixed on the moon. His headphones were letting out a slow, classical song. Beethoven probably, he loved that man's style for music. As the piano piece came in the Palowockee's tail twitched visibly with the rhythm and he slowly hummed to the music. Classical music was so...classical!

His thoughts were interrupted by a loud pounding of music above him. He looked up with a snarl of anger and saw a brightly colored Neowockee above him, bobbing and swaying her body to the music that pounded from her headphones. He tugged on her tail to get her attention.

"Tuka! Turn that blasted trash off! You'll kill your ears and mine!" He snarled.
Tuka paused her music and gave him a wide grin, showing off her brilliant white teeth and blue/green mouth. "Why don't you make me?" She giggled and jumped off the tree and skittered just out of his reach. "Your so slow Garrus!"
He glared at her and with the right music too. Beethoven's Fifth blasted through his headphones and Tuka couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably with the timing.
"Impudent little twerp!" He kicked a pebble at her. "Just keep your music well away from mine, I'd like to keep my eardrums."

Tuka-- lv.0 (1/5)
Garrus--lv.0 [1/5]
I got a name change. My old account name used to be Kat. c:
Protocol
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 301
Donate

Postby Jenso » 06/02/2008 6:04 AM

Cain Lachlan

A creature - a shadow - skulked across the platform. Toned muscles flexed beneath a taut, smooth, glossy dark pelt. Like the shadow, whose form he seemed to take, the Draculi crept silently over the steel platform. Small wings flexed above his back, tail barely held off of the ground behind him. Around his nape and neck he bore a navy collar of long, soft fur. A little forelock of a wispy, dark crop of pelt stretched from his brow and he was followed constantly by the quiet, haunting noise of the miserable bell dangling from his throat.

Tired eyes left the evidently interesting steel to look up at the two he was approaching, little fangs lifting as he parted his lips to smell the air with a hissing breath - the only sound of his approach save the unhappy bell.

The Glacial Draculi halted a short distance from them, tense and uncertain. Should he go any further in this direction? Or should he turn and avoid them? He couldn't decide and so just stood there for a moment, his head suspended at a slight angle as though being pulled, gently, by an imaginary halti.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Jenso » 06/15/2008 5:19 AM

He soon lost interest in the pair and turned to pad back along the platform. The troubling toll of the wretched bell reverberated against the cold walls of sorrowful air. A gail threw Cain's pelt into a storm of shades, the tones rippling across his back as his fur was upturned and laid back to rest once more. He hissed quietly, the noise whipped away by the merciless currents. His woeful bell swung madly at his throat, batting against the soft skin in a panic. He winced as it pummeled into his neck, making it even more awkward to swallow than the wind already made it.
As quickly as the movements rang the bell, the noise was torn from anybody who might hear it; the wind was in complete control. Cain was a little nervous, unable to dig his feline claws into the hard, cold, flat steel as the wind caught him and tried to pull him from the surface of the platform. A snarl rumbled, unheard even to him, from his throat and he headed for a bench and slid beneath it. It wouldn't do to go spiraling into the never-ending darkness of the skies here.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 06/16/2008 3:34 PM

Purple was stalking him.

No, no, not the color. That was ridiculous. How could a color chase anyone? No, the prose! The prose! He'd tried writing recently, and he'd barely gotten four lines in before he found himself succumbing to limped azure orbs and aureate locks. And the morose liquid dripping from said orbs, and the hollow flute of those sobs, and oh god it made him woozy just to think about how awful it all was. That was what he got for reading H.P. Lovecraft. That and nightmares.

Time to go out to find himself again, then. That happened far too often. So he bid goodbye to dear Mr. and Mrs. Dashall, packed his bags, and went out on a trip to try and find someplace where his muse could find him.

Lambastia it was, then! And now where to? He stood at the bridge, supplies on his back, pen in tail, looking around for something to inspire him.

There were Wockees over there. Always had a good beat, those creatures. Perhaps they knew. He slunk towards them, hoping they had a bit of inspiration to split with him.

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Protocol » 06/17/2008 10:56 AM

Tuka laid on her back and giggled as Boten Anna came through her headphones. This was one of her all time favorite songs, and Evar's too. The two listened to it daily and probably racked up over 100 plays within the last month.

Her black and rainbow colored ears swiveled as she heard a twig snap and looked up. She was staring right at a neon colored Gallizar. She stared at him for a moment and then attempted to poke him with a green colored claw. "Who are you? You sure are funny colored!" She giggled.
She looked him over, her black skull gleaming with neon blue flecks. He had pretty cool markings and he looked like he enjoyed music. Maybe they could become friends?

Garrus Vakarian looked up from his music and saw the Gallizar approach Tuka. He stood up and stalked towards them defensively. Sure the kid was a twerp but he was still in charge of her, Darkest Before Dawn would surely have his head should Tuka get injured or got lost. Battlehearts were protective.
He approached them and growled slightly to show that he meant business.
Before he could utter a word Tuka pounced upon him and giggled. "Isn't he cool Garrus?!"
Tuka spotted something moving across the bridge and sat on Garrus' head for a better look.
"I think I see someone over there!"
She attempted to jump off but Garrus caught her by the tail. "Don't go running off! You don't know if they are dangerous or not!"
He turned to the Gallizar. "My name is Garrus Vakarian and this is Tuka. May I ask your name?"

Tuka-- lv.0 (2/5)
Garrus--lv.0 [2/5]
Protocol
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/17/2008 5:06 PM

Well! They certainly were friendly! He hadn't expected that. He stumbled slightly, realizing that he was being addressed. Yes, they were friendly! They seemed to be fawning over him. Oh dear. That was uncomfortable. He needed space! What now?

He stepped back. "I, erh, uh... Edgar. Edgar Eilget, if you please. EE. Double E. Eddie, to my friends. Uhr... Artist. Well. Writer, you see. But a kind of artist, that! I came here... looking for... Gahhhhg!"

Yes, he tripped. He tripped and fell on his backside. "You're certainly an interesting specimin yourself," he said dizzly, trying to heft himself up. That's what he got for packing such an enormous backpack!

[2]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Protocol » 06/20/2008 11:40 PM

Tuka bounced about the Gallizar and giggled bubbly. She loved meeting new people.
"Can I call you Eddie?" the Neowockee asked childishly. She was really 15 but who cared? She was cute, and therefore could get away with almost anything.

Garrus pulled her back by the scruff of the neck when he saw Edgar getting uneasy with Tuka being so close. "Back off Tuka! The poor creature needs some space!"
He turned back to the Gallizar. "Your a writer? That's interesting, I've never met a Gallizar with such an interest."
He jumped up as the creature fell over and Tuka was up in an instant. Twerp couldn't keep still.
She hopped about him some more and then attempted to help him up by pushing from the back. "You silly billy! Your not supposed to fall down!"

Geeze! She had a feeling the backpack was more heavy than Edgar himself! "Why did you pack so much?"

Garrus stretched a paw out towards Edgar. "Here, I'll help you up."

Tuka-- lv.0 (3/5)
Garrus--lv.0 [3/5]

(would you mind if I brought in a dreamsnare Battleheart? I'm dying to roleplay her)
Protocol
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/21/2008 5:12 PM

((More the merrier!))

"Well, you see, I'm very farm--very far! Very far from my home. A farm. Sorry. Tongue-tied. Ooof!" Edgar lifted himelf, setting his backpack aside. He'd chuck it on later. "You may call me Eddie, so long as you do it in a refined and dignified manner. There were those who were... unkind about it to me. High school, you know. That kind of thing."

He looked at Tuka's headphones. "You, ah--music. You have music? What kind? Maybe it would give me inspiration..."

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Protocol » 06/23/2008 3:06 PM

Tuka inspected the markings on his tail as she chittered his name, trying it out in several tones of voice. "Eddie! Eddie....eeeeeddddiiiieeeeee.....EDDIE!"
She looked up at the mention of music and inspiration. "Sure!" She unslung her headphones and handed it to him. Garrus stopped her.
"You don't want to ruin the poor creatures hearing! Turn it up as loud as you can and leave it on the ground. I'm sure he'll be able to hear it."
"Okay!!" She squealed and set them down.
She turned up the volume on her ipod and soon the loud beat pounded through the headphones and the dirt visibly shook with the sound waves.
(Go here to hear it----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnzrjdU46-8)

The song ended and Tuka put her headphones back around her neck. "It's one of my favorite songs!"
Before anything could happen a loud roar peirced the air and a Dreamsnare Battleheart landed close to them. Garrus turned around with fright and Tuka jumped forward and attached herself to the dragon's hide.
"Strand Tyl??sand!!! Why are you here?!" She giggled.
The creature gently patted Tuka on the head. "I decided to come along on your journey, I was getting lonely back at the house." She saw Eddie and smiled.
"And who is this?"

Tuka gigglesnorted. "It's Eddie!!"

Tuka-- lv.0 (4/5)
Garrus--lv.0 [4/5]
Strand Tyl??sand--lv.0 [1/5]
Protocol
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/23/2008 5:07 PM

"Ahhh... Hello." Eddie waved meekly. Oh dear. Battlehearts. Very big. Rather scary at that. Oh my. But he tried not to be phased--he put his head down near the headphones and listened.

"Ahh... Very interesting. Hmmm... What does this song make you see? I'm curious.

"If you want to know, I see a city at night... A woman crawls along the streets, and she's... fighting off hoards of ninjas or something? No, wait. I don't know. But she's trying to reach a man who's held captive. Kind of an inverse damsel in distress... thing, in dystopia. Damsel distresss dystopia. Hmm. Interesting. I haven't tried writing sci-fi in a good while, though..."

[4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Protocol » 06/24/2008 9:01 PM

Strand looked down at him with calm eyes. "Hello Edward. It's nice to meet you."
When Edward asked what they thought when they heard this song Tuka bounced onto a rock and struck a dramatic pose.
"I see dancing and strobe lights! And glowsticks! Yes! Lots and lots of glowsticks! The DJ has his sights on a pretty girl and want's to dance with her! It's love at fir-"
A rock bounced neatly off of Tuka's head as Garrus chucked it at her. "Your being too loud and dramatic Tuka!" He put a hand on his chin as he thought about it. "I see a man singing to his lover...yes...that's pretty much all I can get out of this trash music."

Tuka's head popped up from behind the rock, ears laid flat on her head. "It is not trash! It's better than the stuff you listen too! Mr. "Oh Beethoven is the mightiest person of all!" She chucked a rock at him but Strand caught it and threw it over her shoulder.
"Tuka, enough of that now young lady." She warned.
The Neowockee pointed a finger at Garrus. "But he started it!"

Garrus quickly changed the conversation. "I would love to hear one of your stories sometime, I'm sure that they are very good."

(Garrus is a suck up XD)

Tuka-- lv.1 (5/5)
Garrus--lv.1 [5/5]
Strand Tyl??sand--lv.0 [2/5]
Protocol
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/25/2008 3:10 PM

"Can't you like Beethoven and techno?" Edgar wondered, scratching the side of his face with a claw. "I mean, I like just about any music really. A little inspiration is all I need."

"One of my stories, though? Ah... I don't know. I'm not sure. I don't... I mean, you never like your own stories much, do you? An artist is never satisfied. Sometime, though, I suppose."

[5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Protocol » 06/30/2008 7:18 PM

Strand itched her wing with a footclaw. "They are Palowockee and Neowockee, one likes pounding music the other likes classical. It's just how the species are I guess."
Tuka chewed on a blade of grass. "Classical music is ucky! It's too slow and doesn't have enough bass and heart pounding stuff in it!"
Garrus took a swipe at her but she only leapt away quickly.

Garrus smiled. "Okay, some other time then I guess." His ears pricked up, "Hey, want to go adventuring with us? We were going to explore some of Lambastia and we could use an extra friend."

Tuka-- lv.1 (1/5)
Garrus--lv.1 [1/5]
Strand Tyl??sand--lv.0 [3/5]
Protocol
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/30/2008 7:34 PM

"Certainly. Now that the war's over, a Barakkan like me is probably free to roam Lambastia. Well, with luck. Where were you planning on going?"

Sigh. He'd been free for one sweet moment. But now they were going to move again. He bent over and threw the head pack back on. Maybe he should eat some of the rations, just to lighten the load. No. He shouldn't waste food. Not to mention, he was a Gallizar--he didn't do the whole "body fat" thing. He wasn't well prepared to fast.

"I'll come along. Seeing the world would do me good."

[6]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Protocol » 07/01/2008 11:56 PM

Garrus pulled out a map from the small belt about his waist and unfurled it on the dusty ground. He studied it for a moment and then found the spot where he marked it. The Palowockee pointed to the spot.
"I was thinking we could go to Basantha Shrine, I've heard it's quite interesting. And I don't think we will have to worry about walking, I'm sure Strand will be happy to carry us."
The Battleheart gave a warm smile. "Of course, I'm strong enough."

Tuka squealed with glee. "Oh! Yes! Let's go there! I've heard there's all kinds of creatures!" She suddenly stopped and her ears drooped. "But I have to take care of Nihlus, no telling what trouble he could get into while I'm gone."
Garrus glared at her, "And your just now thinking about this?! Why didn't you bring him along?!"
Tuka shrank back slightly, "I wasn't sure if he wanted to come..."
Strand patted her softly with a large hand. "I'm sure Gavin or Gaze will take care of him."

Tuka-- lv.1 (2/5)
Garrus--lv.1 [2/5]
Strand Tyl??sand--lv.0 [4/5]
Protocol
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next