Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

Wondering where to go... (Open)

Postby gestaltgirl8201 » 06/08/2008 9:35 PM

Noel Gyrophant

Holly

Noel Gyrophant

"So, where should we go today, Holly?", Susan asked. "To Terrace Park? Or maybe to the Holy City to do some shopping?"

The young Noel Gyrophant twitched her ears, craning her long neck and gazing quietly around the area. Scanning for predators or other dangers was a habit she'd developed out of necessity in the wild, and it was one her human had yet to break her of.  "Wherever you want to go is fine...", Holly replied quietly. She'd never been to either place, so she really had no opinion.

~GG
gestaltgirl8201
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 52
Donate

Postby gestaltgirl8201 » 06/11/2008 1:56 PM

"Or maybe we should go to the Roraldi Forests," Susan continued, seemingly oblivious to the fact that the young gyrophant wasn't really listening. "I hear they have magical talking Talis there!"

The last bit about the Talis got Holly's attention. "I don't want to meet any Talis," the young gyrophant said, turning her attention back to her human companion. Talis were canines, and canines meant predators. She certainly didn't want to run into a pack of predators in the middle of an unfamiliar forest, with only one small human to help her.

"It's alright, Holly," Susan offered reasuringly. "They're supposed to be alot smaller than regular Talis."

"It doesn't matter," Holly insisted. "I still don't want to meet them."

Susan sighed and relented. "OK, guess we're not going to the forest, then. But we still haven't decided where *are* going to go..."

~GG
<center>Image<br>Noel Gyrophant</br></center>
<center>Name: Holly
Level: 3
</center>
gestaltgirl8201
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby gestaltgirl8201 » 06/26/2008 1:17 PM

As Susan continued to ponder where to go, Holly resumed looking around for anything potentially dangerous. However, instead she caught a sweet sent on the breeze. Her ears perked up and she trotted off in the direction that the scent had come from, momentarily forgetting about Susan....

'I don't know...", Susan sighed at last. "Do you have any ideas about where we could go, Holly?"

No answer.

"Holly, are you...?" susan started to ask, only to look up and find that Holly was no longer there...

~GG
</center>
gestaltgirl8201
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby gestaltgirl8201 » 06/26/2008 1:27 PM

Holly followed her nose, quickly honing in on the scent that had caught her attention. Then she found the source of the scent- a large tree, hung with tasty-looking pears! With a soft bleat of happiness, she trotted forward, plucked a fruit from the tree, and began munching contentedly.

"Great," Susan grumbled. "I lost a gyrophant. How the heck do you lose something that big anyway?" Shaking her head she called out loudly, "Holly! Holly, where are you?!"

At the pear tree, Holly's ears perked up as she heard Susan calling her name.  Swallowing the pear she'd been munching, she called out in return. "I'm over here! By the big pear tree!"

She soon heard Susan's voice again. "OK, I see the tree! Stay right there, I'll be there in a minute!"

~GG
</center>
gestaltgirl8201
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby gestaltgirl8201 » 06/26/2008 1:38 PM

Soon, Susan came running over the small hill that had hidden Holly from her veiw to find the young gyrophant waiting patiently by the tree. "You can't go wandering off like that, Holly," the human said as she approached. "You could get lost or something."

"I'm sorry...", Holly appologised, head drooping slightly in saddnes.

"It's OK," Susan assured her, patting her red and gree furred leg gently. "Just don't do it again, OK?"

"OK," Holly agreed, perking back up again.

It was then that the human noticed a large piece of paper that had been tacked to the tree. "Hmm? What's this?", Susan said, leaning in to read what was on the paper. After a few moments, she looked up. "A quest, huh? That sounds interesting. Hey Holly, you have any onjectins about going to the Vast Plains?"

"No," said Holly, sounding almost enthusiastic now. "That's where I used to live, before I got lost from my herd."

"Then I think we've just figured out where we're going," Susan replied with a smile as she pulled the advertisement off the tree. "C'mon, let's go!"

~GG

[Exit Susan and Holly to the Vast Plains]
</center>
gestaltgirl8201
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate