Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

The Road to No Where (Open)

Postby cmf25 » 06/08/2008 11:49 PM

An angry growl erupted from the throat of a male Common Kahna. His cloudy sky blue eyes were filled with anger and defiance. "Stop telling me what to do okay? I don't need your help. I'm perfectly able to be myself and do things by myself without someone breathing down my back every paw step I take!" His lips were curled back into a fierce snarl, his fangs gleaming in the light of the setting sun. His blue and red striped ears were pinned tightly against his skull. His claws were unsheathed and digging into the wood of the bridge.

He stared up challengingly into the eyes of the Sun Leawolf. "Calm down Arcticpaw, you're making a scene. It's getting dark. We should head back for the cave before night completely sets in." Sunchaser was getting bored with this fight. "Let's go, now Arcticpaw." His green eyes were quickly getting brighter with his own rising anger at the young Evelonian. Sunchaser closed his eyes and released a sigh, trying to keep back his own retorts.

"Well what if I don't want to go back?!" The young Kuhna challenged. This fight was becoming pointless and he was making his mentor mad. He could sense the male's patience were running thin. A cold wind tugged at his fur. He shivered at the sudden chill. He could fell the dieing rays of warmth disappearing with the setting sun. Arcticpaw suddenly felt how tired and how heavy his paws felt. His stomach growled with hunger.

Today's training session had been a long and hard one. All he really wanted now was some thing warm and fresh to eat, and then his warm bed made of moss. He could almost hear the wondrous sounds of the cave ringing in his ears. Their sounds creating a soothing lullaby that would put him to sleep. Arcticpaw was snapped out of his thought's by his mentor's voice. He sounded like he'd been talking to him while his mind had been wondering.

"Arcticpaw are you listening to me?" Sunchaser snapped. "Yes I'm listening, don't yell at me." Arcticpaw said with a hint of a growl in his voice. "Good. I said that I was sorry for snapping at you. Now let's go." Arcticpaw opened his mouth to protest. "But..." It was clear that Sunchaser was done and the Sun Leawolf had turned to leave. Arcticpaw stayed were he was, glued to the spot.
This avatar came from http://www.neopets.com
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage
"The strength to survive." ~ Serrya

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7
Donate

Postby acf7 » 06/09/2008 4:00 PM

A faded white creature appeared on the edge of the bridge, a proud smile on her face.  Whitepaw had gotten herself out of her pen again.  It was so good to be free from her pen and out in the open.  The Bleached Tali stretched out her front paws in a large stretch, then her back.  She followed up the huge stretch with a yawn.  

Now that she was out, it was time to go have some fun!  In about the middle of a bridge she spotted a young Common Kuhna and a Leawolf.  Both backs were to her, perfect!  A bleached figure crept quietly up on the red and blue striped creature.  Wagglying her haunches slightly in excitement, she leaped into the air.
acf7
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 20
Donate

Postby cmf25 » 06/09/2008 4:30 PM

Arcticpaw let out a surprised snarl as he was crushed. He attacked the bleached fur on top of him with his thorn sharp claws. He struggled to get up from underneath the dog thing. Finally he scrambled out from underneath it. The creature had turned out to be a Tali. He bared his fangs at the creature. His cloudy blue eyes only mere thin slivers. "What'd you do that for?! If you want to fight so bad then bring it on!"

"Calm down Arcticpaw, it was only some harmless fun." Sunchaser's eyes twinkled with amusement as well as shame and disappointment. "No one needs to fight, especially here and now. It's too crowded and you could easily hurt some one else." The Sun Leawolf said calmly.

Sunchaser should've have said nothing. for most of his words were lost to him as he lept at the Tali. He had sized his opponent up and had been preparing himself to launch at the Tali during his speech. He had let his temper take control over his body. The short fuse had been lit and now the bomb had exploded.
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 06/09/2008 4:41 PM

"What am I going to do?  Twilight wants to be a monster?  And she wants me to join them?  I just can't!  I don't wanna go.  It's because of My Misfortune that my name is that," said a treasure Rollaby in her human form.  she was holding her head and walking, "It's to much for me to handle!  I can't live like this when my sister wants to be a fungle Rollaby.  I don't know what to say to her.  Wh-what should I do."  The Rollaby started crying.
She bent to the floor of the Lambista Bridge.  I can't take another force.  At least I'm out of the capsule, because of Souseiseki.  She said, 'You can make the choice of who you want to be.  Not what your Sister, Twilight has to say.'  She may be right about that, but Twilight owns me.  From this stupid collar."
{Misfortune: 1}{Click Misfortune, treasure Rollaby to see her human form.}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby acf7 » 06/09/2008 4:49 PM

Whitepaw wriggled away from the clawing talons of the Kuhna and sat down a yard away from the creature.  She sat quietly and listened to what the Sun Leawolf had to say.  She was about to reply when a blue, red, and white furball slamed into her.

The cream colored wolf held out a paw and batted at the writhing mass of fur that seemed to be attached to her right shoulder.  She tried to shake the creature off, but it did not seem to be working.  With her abiliy of clever wrestling she was able to free herself and sprang away from the enraged pet.  While doing so she bumped into an anthro Rollaby.

"I'm so sorry for-" Whitepaw stopped in mid sentence as she noticed the tears on the creatures face.  "Are you okay?"
acf7
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 06/09/2008 4:59 PM

The Rollaby looked up at a bleached tali.  "I-*sniff* I'm not okay.  It's my sister.  She is a discusted one.  I have been forced to wear this black ribbon choker around my wrist.  It's like she owns me," said the Treasure Rollaby.  "I hate it when she forces me to do things that she wants to do.  She wants me to become an expirament with her.  It dicusts me.  I'm such a misfortunate girl."  She placed her hands onto her eyes and weped again.
{2}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cmf25 » 06/09/2008 5:05 PM

Arcticpaw growled and turned away from the wolf. He could feel the adrenaline start to fade away. He felt tired, cold, and hungry all over again. A new pet scent gretted his nose. The sound of crying echoed in his ears like a stampede of Cavallion. He began to feel his anger ebb away and a stab of pity cold as ice pieced him. He felt sorry for the crying creature.

Sunchaser had nothing to say. So many things had just happened all at once it seemed. He quickly got his act together and stared angrily at his apprentice, not that he could see though. He verbalized his anger with a snort in Arcticpaw's direction. He would deal with him starting the fight later, now another creature had come on the scene.

A snarl was Suncahser's comment the only response he gave. He perked his ears, ready to listen. He felt a wave of sadness and cold fear wash over him. Her tale had frightened him. Like the breeding rooms. He was not some scientific experiment or project. He would have to be dragged in there and forced into a room. He'd fight with any human hands that touched him.

Arcticpaw removed himself from his spot and padded closer to the anthro Rollaby. "I'm so sorry to hear that..." Was that him, Arcticpaw showing empathy and compassion? He showed the thoughts away.

Sunchaser dipped his head to her. His body posture revealed nothing more, but those leaf green eyes of his were liquid pools of sorrow for her.
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 06/09/2008 5:26 PM

"It's okay.  I was made for this.  But Souseiseki said to me, 'You can make the choice of who you want to be. Not what your Sister, Twilight has to say.'  But she owns me.  I can't make my own decisions," she stoped crying and smiled to the ones that comforted her.  "So what are your names?"
{3}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby acf7 » 06/09/2008 5:28 PM

The Tali made a whimpering nose before nosing the Rollaby's arm with her nose.  "Why don't you just run away or not go back to her?  I wouldn't want to be an experiment either," Whitepaw replied softly.

Wow, poor creature.  How can anyone be so cruel to her?  I wonder what I can do to help.  What would I do if I was in her position?  Whitepaw thought as she stood next to the weeping pet.  The Bleached pet licked the other's face a couple times before sitting back down on the bridge.

"I'm Whitepaw.  It's nice to meet you...., er..."

[3]
acf7
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cmf25 » 06/09/2008 5:39 PM

Arcticpaw smiled a mischievous grin. He was already in trouble so why not have a little fun? "I'm Arcticpaw" Arcticpaw placed a paw on his chest. "That's Stupidsun", he flicked his tails at the Sun Leawolf. Arcticpaw never got to the Tali before Sunchaser's sharp words tore through his fun.
"Arcticpaw have you no shame?!" Suncahser's eyes were now a bright shade of green. They were blazing with fury. "I'm Sunchaser" he growled. Arcticpaw definitely had some explaining to do to Rainstar when they returned home. He was ashamed of his apprentice. Something had gotten into his head today. He was normally not so bad tempered and was able to hold his tongue better. "I'm sorry for brainless over there", he flicked his golden tail toward the Kuhna. "He is normally much better with guests than this." Sunchaser apologized to the Tail and to the anthro Rollaby.

Arcticpaw hung his head in shame. He was the one trying to have fun now, not make the mood of the moment worse.
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 06/09/2008 5:51 PM

"Nice to meet you three.  I'm Misfortune.  Even my personality is that way.  Hehe."  "There you are, Misfortune," said a Biolune Rollaby in anthra form.  "Have you no shame.  You're coming with me."  "No.  I don't want to go back!  I'm having fun with my new friends," said Misfortune.  "Well, let's see how you like it with your wrist all wounded," said the Rollaby and snapped her fingers.  
Misfortune's black choker turned red and it streched.  "No.  Please, Twilight.  Don't do this!"  "I can do whatever I like.  And you will become an expirament with me," said Twilight.  The wraped around Misfortunes arm and went to her body, then the other arm.  She was bounded and layed on the floor.
{4}{Twilight: 1}{I'll have a picture of Twilight in a few minutes to show.}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby acf7 » 06/09/2008 5:58 PM

Whitepaw paid the Kuhna no mind and instead paid attention to Misfortune as a Biolune Rollaby rolled up and grapped at Misfortune.  The Tali's purple eyes grew round with shock as the black band turned red and began to grow.  As Misfortune hit the ground the Bleached Tali leaped to her friend's defense.

"You leave her alone you big bully!"  THe young Tali launched herself from the ground with her teeth bared.

[4]
acf7
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cmf25 » 06/09/2008 6:01 PM

Arcticpaw sensed something was happenings. Their spot of the bridge seemed to come alive with activity. Emotions swirled around him like water. Fear was probably the strongest though. He heard Misfortune collapse. He sniffed about her curiously. The collar had moved and had binded her.
The adrenaline started to pulse through his veins. Fiery energy seeped into every knock and carny of his body. He felt like he was made of fire. Without thinking he attacked the collar. Gnawing at it and clawing at it with as much ferocity as an enraged Battleheart.

Sunchaser lunged at the Biolune Rollaby, Twillight. His ears were flat against his golden head. His lips drawn back to reveal sharp white teeth, and claws out stretched ready to grab his enemy.
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 06/09/2008 6:12 PM

Twilight dodged Suncahser's attack and snaped her fingers again.  The red choker grabed Articpaw and Whitepaw into mid air and flung them to the end of the bridge.  "You think that you an stopp me?  Ha.  That's rich."  Misfortune looked at Whitepaw and Articpaw as they landed on the floor.  No...  This is all my fault.  It's becuse of me...  They're suffering from Twilight.  I've got to do something, Misfortune thought and had an idea.  "That's it.  Articpaw.  Do you think you can bite the Choker again.  I have an idea," said Misfortune.  "What's this plan you have," asked Twilight.
{5}{2}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cmf25 » 06/09/2008 6:23 PM

Arcticpaw scrambled to his paws. The force of the landing had left the wind knocked out of him. He couldn't get up. Heartbeats seemed to stretch for hours. Finally he was on all fours again. Arcticpaw narrowed his eyes. He said nothing. He glanced at Twilight. He could see Sunchaser just behind her. He gave a little nod. Arcticpaw sucked in a deep breath before letting out a dreadful moan. It seemed to stretch for hours. The whole bridge rang with his moan. It sounded like  he was dieing, a thousand times over. He was using Frightful Moan.

Out of breath he turned and raced back to the collar using his Blinding Speed. He took a couple quick gulps of air before chomping back down on it. His claws and teeth dug into the material for all he was worth.

As soon as the moan started Sunchaser attacked again. This time his aim was for a limb so that he could use 'Great Bite'.
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next