Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 06/09/2008 6:37 PM

Twilight smelled Sunchaser's attack and jumped and landed on his head.  She then kicked Sunchaser in the back.  Misfortune streched the choker and the choker turned black and went to it's regular size.  "If you think you can control me?  Then I'll control you," said Misfortune and stood up with the wind picking up.  
Her dress blew to the direction the wind was blowing.  Misfortune ran and grabed one of Twilights wrist and said a few things.  A golden Choker appered on Twilights wrist tha Misfortune was holding.  Misfortune let go of the wrist, "Now we're even.  You control me.  I control you."
{6}{3}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby acf7 » 06/09/2008 6:37 PM

As the Bleached Tali came down upon her mark, a red piece of cloth slithered around her neck and jerked her back.  It released her as it pulled her back, away from the Biolune.  She landed on the other side of the bridge with a thud.

Whitepaw blacked out and came to a few moments later, gasping for air like a fish out of water.  Each gasp hurt more than the last.  As the air rushed back into her lungs, Whitepaw made a throaty in wheeze in an effort to talk, or rather spit defiance.  Her throat burned where the magical cloth had wrapped itself around her.  Weakly, the young pet rolled over on her left side and nearly yelped.  Her left side was extremely tender.

Knowing better than to stand up, the Tali's light colored eyes smoldered with defiance, no one would get away from harming one of her friends.

Quietly from the shadows another pet emerged.  Night had set in completely and little light seemed to be coming from the street lamps on the far side of the bridge.  He walked quickly, but quietly.  The Albie approached the the other Biolune.

Xi paused a moment when he was just yards off, before rushing at the dark colored Rollaby.  With his deep vision, the darkness of the night did not fase him what so ever.  He could see perfectly in it infact.  Moments before sprang from the ground he unleashed pollen spores.

[5][1] ((I'm sorry if this post messes any one up, I posted before I knew someone had replied after my sister. :oops: ))
acf7
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 20
Donate

Postby cmf25 » 06/10/2008 5:00 PM

The Common Kuhna watched with mild satisfaction as the two now appeared to be even. At the moment the fight was over. The thrill of battle still pulsed in his veins. He was ready to fight again, but everything seemed even and going no where as he had heard and sensed before. He cats a glance toward where he had heard and felt Sunchaser land. The male was breathing heavily. He was having a hard time standing back up. The breath must have been knocked out of him. He thought.

Something else was here. He raised his head higher into the air to get a netter picture. Then it attacked releasing some thing from it's body. It smelled of flowers and it also caused him to sneeze. It had to be pollen.

Pain shot through him as a powerful kick was delivered to his back. He landed on his feet despite the blow, but then he slumped to the ground. He tried to stand but his back protested each move he made. Reluctantly he was grounded for now. At least together they had all provided enough distraction to allow Misery time to do something.

A Biolune Albie erupted from the shadows of the night and attacked. It released pollen spores from its body. His vision became fuzzy. It was hard to see anything from his watering eyes. Now I know how Arcticpaw must feel, with his not being able to see because of his blindness. Arcticpaw gave them an advantage if this should go ill. He was used to fighting without sight.
This avatar came from http://www.neopets.com
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage
"The strength to survive." ~ Serrya

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 06/11/2008 3:26 PM

"I guess you win at me," said Twilight.  "That's good.  Now, can I make my own decisions now," asked Misfortune.  "I'll have to thonk about it," said Twilight.  "No.  You make decisions every time!  It's time I stood up for once," said Misfortune.
{7}{4}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aase » 06/12/2008 3:23 PM

OOC: I have Lifesense, so I'm just going to get creative with people's auras. If you want me to change it, just say so...
BIC:

A Chaos Albie watched the battle from the shadow of a bush beside the path. She was larger than most Albies; taller but more slender, she seemed to be built for speed. Despite the darkness she could see them all clearly with her Lifesense. She ignored all the others, but looked at the female who imprizoned her own sister.  The scent of pollen stung her nose, but she ignored that too. The attack had not been directed at her.
A low growl rumbled in her chest.Freedom was the thing she prized the most. The fact that it would never be her's was academic.She reached out (mentally) and her voice was a dry whisper in the woman--Twilight's brain.

"You have no right."

She walked silently toward the sisters, and sat before Twilight. She curled her tail neatly around her paws. Her maroon eyes went form one, to the other.

"...No right to take your sister's freedom."

In her mind's eye the Albie saw another pair of sisters from long ago. Her eyes darkened with the memory, like shutters closing over an open window, but underneath the darkness was longing, longing for somthing that was gone and would never come again. That heartache was a part of her, just as much as her pelt or her horns, just as much as her own sister used to be.

"And even less right, to make her somthing she is not."

She cocked her head and asked the question she had wanted to from the start.

"Why do you wish to become an experiment?"

Her vision began to blur and her eyes watered. The pollen was beginning to take effect. She turned her head a fraction, and watched the swift approch of the glowing being that dashed toward the two sisters. She stepped aside and gave him a clear shot at his intended targets.

"Be my guest."
Aase
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 116
Donate

Postby acf7 » 06/14/2008 9:36 AM

The Biolune Ablie flicked his eyes quickly in the direction of the other Albie as a voice rasped quietly in his ear Go ahead.  AS Xi grew closer to the group he realized the tables had turned and that there were a lot of pets around.  The Albie altered his course slightly in mid stride and jumped onto the railing and was gone.  The only thing that lingered was the blinding pollen.

At the beggining of the bridge a pair of cool blue eye started from the darkness at the group on the bridge.  The male began to relax now that he was hidden in the shadows again.  He had done what he could to help with out getting involved.  Now he would just sit and wait.  Perphaps he would help again, perhaps not.  He was still unsure what side to be on.  The other Biolune was strong, and a Biolune like himself, but the other Rollaby wasn't exactly weak either.  Xi was on her side as far as the whole decision making thing went, but whatever loyalty he felt, ened there.

Whitepaw got shakily to her paws and bit her lip from the pain.  She had definately broken something when she hit the bridge, but now was not the time to worry.  She still had to help her friend.  Taking quick shallow breaths, the Bleached Tali walked as fast as she dared over to Misfortune.
[6][2]
acf7
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 06/14/2008 6:15 PM

Misfortune walked to Whitepaw and pated her head as she saw her in pain.  "See what you've done, Twilight!?  You hurt everyone I'm with.  I'm not that kind of person to hurt people."  Twilight looked at White paw, then Sunchaser, and then Arcticpaw.  "I'm sorry, Misfortune.  You can do whatever you want."

{8}{5}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cmf25 » 06/15/2008 11:47 PM

Arcticpaw narrowed his eyes. Finally this fight was over. Yet another pet had come to join them. It sounded and smelled like an Ablie. It was female. Using his senses he tried to pin point her location. She was standing near the 2 sisters. Uneven paw steps told him that the Tali was in pain and badly injured. To his knowledge neither he or Sunchaser had the skill to help her or themselves for that matter. Well he was fine so he didn't need to be helped. He felt golden and green eyes land on him. He could feel them burning a hole through his white and blue and red striped pelt. Alright he wasn't that fascinating to stare at.

Relief washed over him as Twilight had given in. This family feud was over. Now he could get back to scolding Arcticpaw for his unruly behavior. Sunchaser couldn't find the energy or words to say to him. His anger was gone, swept away by a river of mixed emotions. The pain in is back was easing away to a dull throb. He'd be sore tomorrow.

A chaos Ablie had come to join them. She seemed to oppose this family feud too and had spoken her mind out right to the sisters. He was glad that Arcticpaw had kept his mouth shut, with nothing to add. He must be ready to drop dead with tiredness....

It was time they all went their separate ways. But if might be a good idea though to clear the pollen from his eyes, it was already dark and he didn't need a fall to add to his tally of injuries today. The climb to the cave would be hard already with out the sun's guiding rays. How could he get back with out being able to see at all?
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aase » 06/16/2008 9:23 AM

OOC: Like I said, I'll change it if somebody wants me to.
BIC:    

The Chaos Albie saw a dark blue aura in her mind's eye, swirling like deep waters. It whispered of days in the shadows of ancient trees and treading skillfully across the swamp mire. She looked back to where she knew the Biolune Albie was hiding. She abruptly silenced the voice. It was not for her to listen to such things.  She turned her attention to the Sun Leawolf.

Do you need help, Grandfather? She asked respectfully.

It was a subconcious action, the wisest of her kind were called such, and perhaps she saw some of that wisdom in him. Whitepaw's aura was a kalidascope of many colors, swirling erraticly and shining like a soap bubble. She glanced at Whitepaw's injury.

That will need taking care of too.

She worried silently. She knew basic herb lore, but when it came right down to it she was no doctor. She looked to the Leawolf's companion, and thought better of offering help. His red aura spiraled and gave off little "sparks" as she called them. He probably neither needed nor wanted her help.  Her eyes lingered on Misfortune, and she couldn't stop the shiver running down her spine. She highly doubted that feud was dead yet.
Aase
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby acf7 » 06/19/2008 5:18 PM

Whitepaw stopped walking as Misfortune padded over to join her.  She slowly sat down and began to pant shallowly.  Each breath seemed to hurt more than the last, but she was hot and could not help it.  

When she got back home she knew she would receive a scolding for getting out again by the zoo pen guardian, followed by her trainer.  Then  she would be hugged and loved and told that she had worried them a lot.  After the yelling and loving part then someone would tend to her injuries she knew, but the prospect of walking home didn't seem like much fun.  The young Tali was looking forward to her bed at home, but not the anger of her trainer.  After all, this was the fifth time this week so far she had gotten out and gotten into trouble, but it was all worth it she decided if she could help someone out.

Lurking in the darkening shadows he watched.  Something flickred in his mind then was gone.  It must have been that Chaos Albie again, he thought as he waited in the shadows.  Xi wondered if the fued was really over as the first Biolune Rollaby.  If it wasn't, who's side would he really be on?
[7][3]
acf7
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cmf25 » 06/19/2008 9:39 PM

Arcticpaw turned his cloudy blue gaze on each pet in turn. Nothing was really happening any more. The winds were dying down and the sea was becoming calm again. The hurt and pain was being felt by all parties now. We'll all be sore in the morning after this fight. It's these times that I wish Sunchaser's sister would hurry up and come back, we need her healing skills and herbs. When will she return from her quest? All of these thoughts began to fill his mind like fog in the mountains. At the thought of the pretty Orchid Leawolf he felt a pain of pity stab him. Sunchaser must be really missing her like the rest of CloudClan........

He pushed the thoughts away trying to chase them away like the sun scared off the shadows of darkness. At least he didn't have to get his lecture from the Leawolf. Then again he'd probably get it tomorrow. Arcticpaw parted his jaws to let out a heavy, weary sigh. His paws ached and throbbed. His head felt like a Rollaby was kicking at it. His eye lids felt like they had lead weights glued to them. He was ready for his soft mossy nest. He was ready for the sweet music of the cave to sing him to sleep....His jaws suddenly parted into a massive yawn. He hadn't been quick enough to stifle it. His ears flattened back against his head in embarrassment.

Do you need help, Grandfather?

Though it was said respectfully Sunchaser couldn't help feeling a rush of anger at the comment. I'm not that old he thought to himself. He forced himself to relax and the emotion was quickly replaced with guilt. She did say it kindly, and in no way meant to be disrespectful. Maybe I've been spending too much time with Arcticpaw. I'll have to blame  Rainstar for that. He felt his lips tug upward into a smile. He let his green eyes fall to the apprentice.

A yawn caught the Kuhna by surprise. Sunchaser had to quickly stifle one of his own. "I will be fine once we get back home, thank you though." He dipped his head to the Chaos Albie. His eyes gleamed thanks as the light of the moon caught them as he lifted his head again.

"Well it seems like everything has been settled between the 2 of you ladies." He turned toward the sisters as he spoke. will you all be all right now together?"[/b] He looked each one carefully in the eyes as he spoke.
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 06/20/2008 1:38 PM

Misfortune looked to the left and right.  She saw two biolue albies in the dark.  "Good thing for you and me, we both can see in the dark.  And aura."  "Yeah.  and I smell a rat.  Or a demon," said Twilight.  both of their eyes glowed blue.  Misfortune smiled, "Isn't that perfect?  Rishu came to play with all of us."  "And it looks like he brought Cerburus," said Twilight.  "This should be interesting," both of them said together.
{9}{6}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aase » 06/21/2008 2:13 PM

The Sun Leawolf's aura was a golden radience, like the sun shining through the leaves of a deep forest. The Chaos Albie saw the flash of anger.

She thought back on what she said, and then blushed deeply.

I apologise, I have been long away from my home, and you remind me very much of it.

She noted again Whitepaw's pain and Arcticpaw's exaustion. She pulled two bottles out of the bag on her back. One glittered red, the other blue. She uncorked both bottles, handing the red one to Arcticpaw,

Smell.

And the blue to Whitepaw.

Drink. Only half.

The red bottle contained a powdered herb that caused a burst of energy that would last for a few hours, the blue a mild herbal painkiller. The painkiller would keep Whitepaw from dying of pain on the way home. The Albie wished she could give more, but it would knock Whitepaw out if she drank any more.

She heard the two rollbys talking, but nothing they said made sense. She had no idea what they were talking about.
Aase
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby acf7 » 06/22/2008 9:24 PM

Whitepaw took a step forward and took the bottle gingerly from the Ablie with her mouth and sat down.  She leaned forward and put the bottle next to her before grasping it in her paws.  The Tali tilted her head back and took a cautious sip of the liguid.  She nearly spat it out.  It was not quite the taste she had been expecting.  This potion tasted far more earthy than any oher she had drank before, not to mention it certainly did not taste anything like it smelled.  To Whitepaw the potion smelled a little like flowers, but it tasted like wet dirt and of something else she could not quite put her paw on.

Drink. Only half. Keeping this in mind the Tali somewhat akwardly lifted the glittering bottle to her mouth and began to drink hastily.  The sooner she was done, the better.  The cool liguid was a relief to her parched mouth.  When was finished drinking the amounth the Bleached pet walked up to the Chaos Albie with the blue bottle held very carefully in her jaws.  Whitepaw whispered a quick thank you before stepping away.  As she walked away she noticed that the pains in her sides were gone.  She sighed with relief, now the walk home did not seem so bad at the moment.

Xi's ears twitched in annouyance as they swiveled back to catch the sound of two more creatures approaching.  He lifted his nose into the air and caught the familiar erthal smell of Biolune.  So the two new arrivals had to be Biolune, and... Albie?   He could faintly smell the scent of the mountains and the slight musk of Albies as well.  So two more creatures like himself were going to be joinning this little powwow.  

The male Albie turned his attention back the group he had been watching.  The Rollabies's eyes had turned blue, and were they staring at him, or the two apporaching Biolune Albies?  Xi decided to just sit and wait.  He still wasn't so sure who's side he was on anyway.  Or was there a side anymore at all now that the sisters seemed to be getting along?  He sighed.  Sometimes it was just so hard to figure things out for him.

[8][4]
acf7
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cmf25 » 06/29/2008 6:48 PM

Arcticpaw scooted the bottle closer with his white paws. He had heard the Albie's instructions. He didn't need her help or this stupid potion. After all it was the Clan's healer who treated the the sick and injured. Besides it could be a trick. No doubtful. If it were one the others should have fallen victim too. Maybe she has something against apprentices? No she probably doesn't even know the ways of the Clans. He removed a paw from the top of the jar and took a whiff. It smelled warm and soothing, but also pungent. It was very strong smelling too. It sort of smelled like Autumnfire's den until she left for what ever reason. He was able to identify a few herbs in the potion. He took another sniff, much bigger this time.

His body felt like it was on fire. Energy and warmth rushed through his pelt like a wave crashing down upon him. He felt strength returning back to his tired, aching limbs. He felt better. He glared at the potion and gave it back. Grudgingly he nodded his thanks and used all of his keen senses to try and find what the sisters were talking about.

"No it is I who should apologize for my behavior and for helping Arcticpaw." Sunchaser couldn't help but remember his sister, Autumnfire had healed the Clan before she left on her quest. He missed her. He turned his attention and focus on to the matter at hand. Apparently some one new was stepping into the picture. He strained his leaf gren eyes in the dark to see who it was that was coming...

Sorry for making you wait. I've been busy.
CloudClan O I Wish
ImageImage

Clickables
cmf25
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext