Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/21/2008 8:15 AM

Sewey stuck his paw up the Torken's cage, jiggled it around, and.....nothing. "Hey, what gives, huh?" Sewey tried to explain, but all that came out was. "C-Ca---Br-o." Lola, tell him that his cage was more complex to keep big animals inside. I can't break it. Lola nodded. "He says that the cage is more advanced, so he can't help you." The Torken's eyes grew ride, and a wave of anger flashed over him. "GET ME OUT HERE NOW YOU LITTLE BUG EATING TRASH SCURRYING RABIES BITING RODENT!" Sewey gazed at him, and then turned and ran toward the Carpetfang's cage. If the Torken was going to behave so rudely, then he could get out on his own! Lol shook her head. "We have the same type of cage, I'm big, remember? Go on, and get out of here. We will escape when our time comes." Sewey shook his head, and Lola reached out her furry tail so slide across his face comfortably. "We will be alright. Go." Sewey nodded, and jumped to the window. Sliding the glass open very carefully, he smiled at an open window at the passengar side when the zoo keeper saw him through the rear view mirror. Stupid furball. He thought to himself as he reached for Sewey.
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/23/2008 4:33 PM

Minty pretending that she was alright, rolled her eyes in the mirror so Fireworks could see. She hated showing people that she was afraid. It showed a sign of weakness, and then people would walk all over her. And she would NOT let that happen.

Fireworks watched Minty carefully, hoping she woudn't get too cocky and crash the bus. They had already caused one disaster, two was too much! Looking out the window, dust clouds risen by the angry wheels of the bus seemed to drape themselves over the windows. Behind him, their were little mutters and frightened faces, wondering what their fate would be. Fireworks too, wondered.

Minty finally came to the corner when the tour guide had turned away from the van. Making another wide turn, the bus skidded, dust flying everywhere and a few other cars beeping their horns in protest. Luckily, none of them could see the Ferrikoon in the front seat.
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/24/2008 3:31 PM

Sewey saw the man's hand reach for him, and decided there was only one thing to do. Summoning all of his courage, he jumped onto the man's hand, sinking his beaver like teeth deep into his hand.

Paul yelled as the stupid rat bit into his hand. Why were these confounded creatures always biting him and scratching him? He was just trying to do his stupid job at the stupid zoo for a stupid pay and..."YAHH! LET GO YOU STUPID RAT-THING!" He shrieked, waving his arms in the air. Slamming on the brakes, he grabbed Sewey around his midriff and pulled him off, and throwing the poor through the window seperating him and the pets. Examining his hand, he found to his dismay that he was dripping crimson blood, and it was starting to stain his crisp, white unifrom. "They don't pay me enough to do this...." He muttered.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/26/2008 3:33 PM

Once circling around the corner, Minty became a little more confident. She sped up a bit, making Fireworks grab onto the seat tighter than before. Minty laughed, and rolled her eyes. "Oh come on, Fire. You have to admit, this is pretty fun." She said, turing around.

"KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!" Fireworks yelled back, his hand waving in the air like he had rabies. Tiny indents on the seat could be seen, but Fireworks didn't care.

Minty whipped her head back, her heart. How could she be so stupid to forget the first rule of driving school? Keep your eyes on the road. She wondered how Sewey was doing...
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/27/2008 9:43 AM

Sewey hit the back door with such a force, the other pets could hear his tiny back crack. At once, Lola stuck her tail through the bars, as much as she could fit, and encircled the rodent.

Are you alright? She asked, her eyes clouded with mounds of worry.

Yes....I think so.... Sewey responded, attempting to stand.

But as he tried, he failed, slumping down back to the floor. Lola again grabbed him gently with her tail, and the Rattegan lay his head on her soft tufts of fur. Lola sighed and shook her head, rage and fury overcoming her gradually. Finally, she burst.

"Look at us!" She yelled to the other pets. "Look at us just sitting here, not doing a thing about the situation, when this little Rattegan was trying to free us! Can we not learn from him?"

A small voice, probably belonging to a Matches chirped, "But alas, he has failed! Why should we risk the same punishment just to be free? My brother had been put in a zoo, and the last time I saw him he was going on quite fine! They gave him meals, baths, and he was free to roam around his HUGE cage. What's wrong with that?"

Lola glared at the Matches, and she shrunk a little low. A Carpetfang could look mean when it wanted to, and made the others cower in fear.

"You tell me you want to spend the rest of your short life doing tricks for the humans? Not having the joy of being able to hunt for your food? Roam wherever your heart tells you to go? Well, I for one will not oblige to such...such...idiocy. Anyone willing to join me?"

At first, no one spoke up. But then, the very same Matches who had wanted to go to the zoo, piped up. "I'll join you."

And that was that. Everyone else nodded and yelled, "I'll help!", "Me too!" Lola looked around, a smile spreading across her maw.

"Here's what we do...."
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/27/2008 11:24 AM

Minty squinted her eyes, the bright sun making the road less visible by the second. But wait, what was that? There was something white up ahead, like a van?

"Fireworks, the van! It's there!" She yelled behind her.

Fireworks, who had been too busy being scared, followed her gaze and his eyes widened.

"Faster, Minty, faster!" He screamed back, not thinking of the words he just said.

See, when you tell Minty to go faster, she tends to overdue things. And when she is behind the wheel of a bus, you automatically know that those porrly choiced words are going to get them into huge trouble. Minty then floored the bus, sending shopping backs flying foward, and hitting Fireworks leg.

"Ow...Ow...Ow...Ow....OW!" He muttered, as each one smacked him.

Minty, approaching the bus, glared straight at the back. That was where they were keeping Sewey. That was where she'd have to target. Fireworks noticed her changing the original course, and he gasped.

"Minty stop, your going to crash!"
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/29/2008 8:05 PM

Paul had finally got the bleeding to stop, and slammed the back window shut it with his healthy hand. His wiggled his fingers to stretch out the gauze pad, and rolled his shoulder. Now, he was finally going to be able to get to the blasted zoo and drop off of these pain in the a** pets. He then checked his review mirror, eyes opening with worry.

"What the bloody hell? What IS HE DOING?!" He shouted.

Grabbing the steering wheel, he slammed his foot all the way on the gas petal, causing the van to lurch foward.

Meanwhile, the pets in the back of the van were devising a plan. There were many different ideas and solutions for the pets getaway. Lola was trying hard to take control of the situation.

"Alright, first, let's try to get out of the cages. Any ideas?"

At first, no one spoke. But then Sewey slowly crawled up from where he was lying down.

I think that maybe that you guys should cause a distraction. Then while he checks up on you, I'll grab his keys to unlock the cages. Then while he's driving we bust down the door and get out of here.

Lola nodded at his thoughts, and then turned to the group.

"Sewey says that we should create a distraction, he gets the keys, and we break out." She said, summarizing his idea.

What progress!
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 10/27/2008 4:45 PM

Steering wildly, Paul finally sighed a breath of relief at the doors of the zoo.

"Damn, people are crazy these days." He muttered, running his hand through his long, dirty blonde hair.

Swinging into the gates, he flashed the guard his badge and continued onward to the pet dropoff. At the dropoff was a short, plump man, his head fuzzy with brown, unruly hair. He waved Paul in and chuckled.

"Hey Paulie, what happened?" He asked, his arms spread wide.

Paul watched crossly and rolled his eyes. He ran to the back to open the doors.

"Look Teddy, I just wanna get outta here and go home to my nice, peaceful home. So no playin, mkay?" He asked, unlocking the door.

Minty swore under her breath as the man swung through the gate. Grabbing the microphone at the top of the shelf, she turned it on.

"Hey everyone! Now for our first stop, the Lambastia Zoo. Please remain sitting and keep on your seatbelts until I come to a complete stop!"

Yea...as if anyone would do that! >_>
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 10/30/2008 7:52 PM

Uh oh, too late. Sewey heard the door of the van open, and immediatley let himself limp so he could slip through Lola's tail. Darting behind her cage, he felt his strength slowly returning due to his fright.

Looks like we're out of time. Sewey said to Lola, disappointment flooding over him.

Teddy sighed, throwing out an exasperated chuckle. Poor Paul. Now that his girlfriend had cheated on him, and his kids moved out, he had nothing going for him. Helping Paul unload the cages, he shook his head.

One day, I'm gonna do something great for Paul. He though to himself, reaching for Lola's cage.

Paul could feel Teddy's gaze, and rolled his eyes. People always did that. Why did they feel that they had to be so sympathetic? Sure, his life was in shambles both emotionally and financially. But come on, did he need their support? Taking out the Matche's cage, he took a little time to examine her.

"Ah, what a nice birdy." He muttered, admiring her feathers.

Minty pulled the bus to a stop, immediatley unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Come on Fire, let's go!" She said, charging off the bus.

Fireworks sighed, slapping his paw to his forehead. What was the plan now?
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Previous